Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,851Posts
    • 6,820Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 387
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 15th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    • 672 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    Glad all okay Sweetilemon

Welcome HJ279, hope you get sorted with a scan soon
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 16th Sep 17, 8:53 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Hi, everyone.

I got a BFP on 14th September, but because I couldn't quite believe it, have tested since to be sure. Definitely positive! Our journey has not been easy or quick and I was told last year I may not have children, so this is the best gift we could ever get.

I've not had chance to see my local GP yet, but have a 7 week scan booked with my fertility doctor who wants to see me then. Based on an app I have and my last period etc. it said the foetal age is 1 week 6 days. Been having bad headaches, dizziness and some bad cramping but apparently this is normal so just riding it out and enjoying this feeling of elation.

Any advice for things to ensure I do this early? Or any book recommendations? Thanks in advance and congratulations to all - so happy to be here with you! X
    • HJ279
    • By HJ279 16th Sep 17, 10:33 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    HJ279
    Congratulations Teeniepops on your positive
    And glad your scan was ok Sweetilemon

I think my screen name last time I was on this forum was Hippihaz, possibly with a number after it, but I couldnt remember it with pregnancy brain, so created a new one lol.

It is weird not knowing my dates properly, I'm just comparing symptoms to last time and making a best guess...Midwife is going to phone me back next week to book me in for booking visit, so hopefully know more then.
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 16th Sep 17, 7:35 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hi, everyone.

I got a BFP on 14th September, but because I couldn't quite believe it, have tested since to be sure. Definitely positive! Our journey has not been easy or quick and I was told last year I may not have children, so this is the best gift we could ever get.

I've not had chance to see my local GP yet, but have a 7 week scan booked with my fertility doctor who wants to see me then. Based on an app I have and my last period etc. it said the foetal age is 1 week 6 days. Been having bad headaches, dizziness and some bad cramping but apparently this is normal so just riding it out and enjoying this feeling of elation.

Any advice for things to ensure I do this early? Or any book recommendations? Thanks in advance and congratulations to all - so happy to be here with you! X
    Originally posted by Teeniepops

Have you been getting enough fluid? That might help the headaches and eating little and often might help the dizziness? I had period like cramps in the first trimester with both my pregnancies, only worry if they become painful, probably just implantation.
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 16th Sep 17, 7:36 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Congratulations Teeniepops on your positive
    And glad your scan was ok Sweetilemon

I think my screen name last time I was on this forum was Hippihaz, possibly with a number after it, but I couldnt remember it with pregnancy brain, so created a new one lol.

It is weird not knowing my dates properly, I'm just comparing symptoms to last time and making a best guess...Midwife is going to phone me back next week to book me in for booking visit, so hopefully know more then.
    Originally posted by HJ279
    Have you tried a clear blue dating pee stick? Gives an idea but not sure how many weeks it goes up to.
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 16th Sep 17, 7:42 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    OK girls I'm going to brave the 2nd trimester thread, see you on the other side!!
    • HJ279
    • By HJ279 16th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    HJ279
    I did think about the clear blue one Sweetilemon, but they only say 1, 2 or 3+ wks, and as I've been getting morning sickness for the past 3 weeks now I thought it probably wouldnt be much help. Good luck moving to the next thread
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 16th Sep 17, 7:53 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    I did think about the clear blue one Sweetilemon, but they only say 1, 2 or 3+ wks, and as I've been getting morning sickness for the past 3 weeks now I thought it probably wouldnt be much help. Good luck moving to the next thread
    Originally posted by HJ279

Ugh that's annoying. Oh well you'll find out soon I guess 😊 I thought I was further along so it's been a long wait for the 12week mark lol. As long as baby is born healthy and lives ...and so do I...I'll be happy!
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 17th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 3,039 Posts
    • 13,552 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I'm 12+1 today but don't want to move up to the next thread until my 12 week scan which is over a week away, hope no one minds me lingering!!
    £250/3000 OH BC(91.66% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £250/31010.23 (99.19% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £2221.94) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,409.18/14,539.71
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 17th Sep 17, 8:15 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    I'm 12+1 today but don't want to move up to the next thread until my 12 week scan which is over a week away, hope no one minds me lingering!!
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    That's flown in! Bet you can't wait!

Been testing each morning and the lines are as dark as the test line so now convinced I am definitely pregnant. Getting lower back pain and already feeling nauseous on and off, although not been sick and I'm only 4 weeks - d'oh!

Hope you're all well xx
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 17th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 3,039 Posts
    • 13,552 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    It still doesn't feel real Teenie! Hope the nausea doesn't linger or cause too much sickness for you! xx
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £250/31010.23 (99.19% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £2221.94) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,409.18/14,539.71
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 18th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    So I just used the bathroom and when I wiped there was a very pale pink colour...google says this can be normal and totally fine but also a little concerned. Anyone else had this?
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 18th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 4,308 Thanks
    lauradora
    So I just used the bathroom and when I wiped there was a very pale pink colour...google says this can be normal and totally fine but also a little concerned. Anyone else had this?
    Originally posted by Teeniepops
    Doesn't sound like anything to worry about but call midwife in the morning xxx

I want rid of my debt and my fat in 2015!
    DFW nerd no 844

• lauradora
    • By lauradora 18th Sep 17, 10:01 PM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 4,308 Thanks
    lauradora
    I'm sure I posted here earlier.....my baby brain is proper bad though. Been off the forum for days because I have mostly been sleeping

Nice to see everyone enjoying good news

Still waiting for a scan date...........

DFW nerd no 844

• MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 19th Sep 17, 12:37 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Teenie I had the same thing at about 7 weeks, I kept an eye on it over a couple of days but it was never more than a little pink when wiping and my nausea and tiredness continued. It stopped altogether after 2/3 days and I haven't had any since. I think they only say to worry if it's heavy/dark red/combined with cramps. However, could be worth a call to the midwife if you're worried. Or 111 if you don't have a midwife yet
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 19th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 4,308 Thanks
    lauradora
    Hello all.

Teenie how's things today?

I'm 10+5 today and after endless weeks of not being able to move off the sofa I had a really weird doo this morning. Had like a sudden rush of adrenaline? Thought it was anxiety at first but after a few seconds realised it was something different. Anyway decided to embrace it and take the dogs out in the sunshine and get my vitamin D for the day.
    Invited my mum which turned out to be a mistake but that's another story and I don't want it to dampen my best day in a while........
    Still no scan date

Right going to chill for a while now before starting on my fly lady stuff. Hope everyone is having a good day xxxx

DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 19th Sep 17, 1:39 PM
    • 3,039 Posts
    • 13,552 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Definitely embrace the good day lauradora! I'm 12+3 today and still waiting to feel better, when I do I'll be like a cleaning whirlwind! x

Hope you're ok Teenie? x
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 19th Sep 17, 5:47 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Hi all. Thanks for the replies. No further issues today, thank goodness. It feels like I have heartburn in my tummy which is the weirdest feeling. Did a HPT today and got the boldest line yet (it's brighter than the control line and I double checked I didn't have it upside down haha). My GP rang about my thyroid issues and needing more tests and she said not to worry but to ring back if it happens again.

Thanks all xx

Hope you're all well and enjoying your pregnancies. As much as you can between sickness etc. xx
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 19th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 4,308 Thanks
    lauradora
    Well my good day didn't last long, been feeling rubbish all afternoon and night. Lots of twinges and cramps. Can't move without it hurting

Have come to bed where it's concise which seems to help

DFW nerd no 844

• MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 20th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    laura sorry the good day didn't last. Hope you feel better soon

Still haven't heard from the midwife about my booking in, getting a bit stressed now as I'm 11+2 so really want to get my scan booked in! Decided I would call her today and then managed to leave her number at home, grr!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,722Posts Today

9,073Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sadly for those buying jointly "Where there are joint purchasers, all purchasers would need to be first-time buyers. "

• First time buyers usually defined as someone who has never owned or part owned a property https://t.co/yM3urZNs8z

• You will not pay stamp duty https://t.co/vHoCWiUXfo

• Follow Martin