Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,851Posts
    • 6,820Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 386
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 11th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    • 3,044 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    lauradora - the midwife didn't try and listen with the doppler at my 9+3 appt but I have a doppler at home and have only managed to pick the heartbeat up once and I'm 11+2 so it's not as easy as it looks on youtube, I was convinced I would find it immediately based on binge watching youtube early doppler videos

MrsNubs I didn't have an internal at my booking appointment but areas might be different. I've seen the Doctor and tried a couple of anti sickness meds - am actually on stemetil at the moment which works to some extent, I'm only sick when I eat now which is an improvement
    How are you feeling? Excited about booking in?

We had told my parents and sister we were trying as my mom and sister were my venting people before we were TTC when I needed to cry about all the bad news the Doctors kept throwing at me, so I wanted them to be there for all of it. OHs parents didn't know exactly but did know it was on the cards at some point, but again they knew about my PCOS and endo so they were still surprised.
    £250/3000 OH BC(91.66% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £250/31010.23 (99.19% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £2221.94) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,473.18/14,539.71
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 11th Sep 17, 12:46 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    kirsty that's such a shame that the meds haven't completely stopped the sickness. I have to admit, while I'm struggling a lot I am grateful I'm not actually vomiting, you have all my sympathy, must be terrible. At least at 11+2 you know it should start to wind down now. I'm basically living for the 2nd trimester at the moment! 10 weeks today, woohoo!

Very relieved you didn't have an internal, I know there will be lots of that sort of thing through the pregnancy, but just not feeling ready for it yet. Like I said, 2 books I read said it might happen, but they were American books and I wasn't sure how well they'd been converted for UK readers.

I'm very excited about the booking in. Feel like it makes it all real! I still have moments where I have to remind myself that this is all really happening.

We'd always been very vague with family and not confirmed if we ever wanted kids, so they were all very surprised, and seemed to think we should have been more open about our plans.
    • weesmiler
    • By weesmiler 11th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 3,229 Thanks
    weesmiler
    Hi ladies,

Room for one more? I'm currently 8+3 weeks, so due on 20th April. Feeling sicky most days but not actually being sick which is good I suppose! I already have a wee boy who is 2. Pregnancy the second time round is a whole new ball game. Exhaustion coupled with a toddler ain't easy!

Mrs Nubs - in my experience there has never been any need for an internal examination until due date and they may give you a sweep. During my first pregnancy, it was all external, measuring bump, using doppler for heartbeat and ultrasound scans, although each NHS area is probably slightly different.

I've booked an early scan for this Saturday just for a bit of reassurance that all is ok.

Wishing everyone well, particularly those suffering with sickness, fingers crossed it doesn't last too much longer

xxx
    All you need is less
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 11th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 3,044 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hi weesmiler, welcome and congratulations

MrsNubs Although I'm still being sick numerous times a day I feel that I can function now, whereas a few weeks ago I couldn't do anything except lie on the sofa and cry into my sick bowl I'm so attractive at the moment
    I feel exactly the same about the 2nd trimester - we actually fly to NZ 3 weeks tomorrow so I'm really hoping to feel better by then!

I think when I get the 12 week scan date I will feel much happier, I'm resisting the urge to call and chase them for it at the moment
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £250/31010.23 (99.19% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £2221.94) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,473.18/14,539.71
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 11th Sep 17, 8:33 PM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 4,313 Thanks
    lauradora
    Hey all

Welcome weesmiler.
    Glad everyone is feeling as rubbish as me. If I don't feel sick I'm dying of indigestion

Keep window shopping for baby stuff and getting told off by my mum...which I am finding a little upsetting but I understand where she is coming from given my history...it's just frustrating that she was the one spouting about me staying positive when I first had my BFP. And now she seems to be the opposite. DH did buy me some of those maternity leggings from Lidl yesterday as none of my clothes actually fit me....

Which is strange given that I've lost three lbs since my BFP but dr wasn't concerned today when I went to get a vat of peptac

I had the best lunch today......grilled tomatoes and mushrooms with vegan cheese on top. It was ace

I want rid of my debt and my fat in 2015!
    DFW nerd no 844

• MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 12th Sep 17, 9:50 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Welcome weesmiler.Thanks so much for sharing your previous experiences. I definitely need to find some UK pregnancy books, the US ones I'm reading say there'll be internal exams all the way through. Such a relief to learn that probably won't be the case.

Kirsty NZ sounds very exciting, how long are you going for? I'm very jealous!

Had a bad evening last night. I'm reading What to Expect When You're Expecting and I've noticed that everytime I read it I have a bit of a panic attack - heart racing, pressure in my chest like someone's sitting on me etc. Last night after reading some I just burst into tears in the middle of dinner. DH was absolutely lovely, gave me a big cuddle and just sat and listened while I talked it all out. I'm very overweight (BMI over 30 so considered obese) and I'd planned to lose weight before getting pregnant, but found myself comfort eating a lot when AF arrived. Now everything I read talks about the increased risk to the baby of an overweight mother, and I'm terrified the baby will die and it'll be my fault for being too fat. DH was very reassuring and pointed out we know people much bigger than me who had healthy pregnancies so I need to stop worrying, but it's still difficult.

Anyway, sorry to bring the mood of the thread down with my worries, hope everyone is having a good Tuesday and not feeling too rubbish!
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 12th Sep 17, 9:58 AM
    • 393 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    I'm glad its slightly less awful kirtsy, I really hope this is an upward trend for you.

Welcome weesmiler, good luck for your scan on Saturday!

I've been the same as lauradora, very bloated around the middle, up a couple of jeans and bra sizes, but actually lighter. I think its probably that I'm losing a bit of muscle through lack of exercise, and I expect to put on plenty of weight the next six months! BTW, what vegan cheese did you use?
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 12th Sep 17, 12:02 PM
    • 3,044 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    MrsNubs we are off to NZ for just over 2 weeks to see the in laws then 6 days in Australia to go and watch the V8 supercars on the Gold Coast. I'm quite looking forward to it although there is some concern as I've had a possible blood clot on my lung before so I may end up on heparin for the trip which won't be ideal but whatever is best for baby
    Also, about BMI - I wouldn't worry - before I got pregnant my BMI was almost 34. I was trying to lose weight for fertility treatment but I'm an emotional eater - since I got my BFP I'v gone down to 32.5 which is still obese but Doctors don't seem too worried so I'm trying not to stress about it. Perhaps reading the book isn't the best idea for you at the moment - you don't want to make yourself more anxious.

Thanks Cherry, I really don't want to stop taking the tablets but Doctor will only give me 2 more weeks

I finally got my scan date through so that is something to look forward to - 25th September. I'll be 13+2/3 and it's only a week before we fly so I'd hoped it would be a bit earlier but my consultant appointment is at the same time so will be able to discuss flying concerns

Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 12th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Well I saw the midwife today but it turns out it wasn't my booking in. Some sort of pre-booking in. I think possibly because I'm new to the surgery and my medical records haven't all transferred across, so they didn't know anything about me, not even dob!

Booking in will be next week and will be a home visit with a different mw. Turns out my BMI is 37 so very high, so I will have an extra scan at 32 weeks and will need to have a glucose test at my booking in. Been given an orange flavoured glucose syrup thing to drink before seeing the mw. Bit worried about work and all the appointments, I have to work from home when I have appointments as it's a 45 minute drive each way, but I'm not normally a home worker so have to get special permission. My boss has already queried today's appointment so am very worried about another one next week and then a scan 1-2 weeks after that! Might just have to tell him. I really wanted to wait for as long as possible due to a possible promotion which I know I won't get if they know I'm pg.
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 12th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 672 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    Hi everyone

Welcome to the newbies and congratulations

I had my 12 week scan yesterday and all is well which is a huge relief. We are just awaiting screening results now. I was dated 3 days earlier than my dates so I'm 13 weeks today.

Nausea was so bad last week that I ended up at GP for some help and was put on some tablets, name escapes me but they are working. I also found Ginger Beer is a godsend ladies

Planning on telling rest of family this weekend and then the rest of my friends and work after that. So excited.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 12th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    • 3,044 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Wonderful news Rachy! I bet you're so relieved
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 12th Sep 17, 9:50 PM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 4,313 Thanks
    lauradora
    I am living on ginger beer

The fact that it's fizzy helps with my wind

Was using violife Cherry but that's not my usual

Hope everyone's ok xxxxx

I want rid of my debt and my fat in 2015!
    DFW nerd no 844

• Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 13th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 672 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    Wonderful news Rachy! I bet you're so relieved
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    Very relieved. All feels so real now and I managed to walk around looking at baby clothes today without feeling like I was ahead of myself
    • HJ279
    • By HJ279 13th Sep 17, 5:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    HJ279
    Can I join too :)
    Hi, Can I join too? Was on this thread 2-3yrs ago with my last baby, think I recognise a name or too! Found out I was pregnant last week, estimating 6wks but not really sure as was on the pill. Getting nausea all the time but otherwise feeling ok.
    Booking midwife appointment in 2wks, assuming they will try and estimate when to do my 12wk scan or whether they might send me for an early scan to date it...
    x
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 13th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Welcome HJ279, what was your name before incase I recognise you. Glad your scan went well Rachylou. I have my scan tomorrow, I was super excited but tonight I had another bleed with a blood clot so I am really really hoping all is OK in there :-(
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 13th Sep 17, 11:03 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NBDS
    Thinking of you sweetilemon, hope all is fine for you tomorrow xx
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 14th Sep 17, 9:59 AM
    • 3,044 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hope all goes well sweet

Welcome HJ279
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 14th Sep 17, 6:39 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    All was fine, measuring 11+4 so I need to go back for another scan for measurements but all grown well. Went and bought some baby grow's and a little teddy after the scan. I'm due on April fools day lol
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 14th Sep 17, 6:57 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Big congrats sweetilemon, so glad it went well for you!

Welcome HJ279 it must be a bit strange to not be totally sure if your dates, but I'm sure the midwife will have come across similar and make a sensible guess that gets your scan in the right window.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 15th Sep 17, 10:08 AM
    • 3,044 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Wonderful news sweetilemon! I'm also due either April Fools or 31st March depending whether I go by scan or my dates (which I'm pretty much 100% sure of)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,483Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin