Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,851Posts
    • 6,819Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 385
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 5th Sep 17, 3:15 PM
    • 384 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Well I don't feel ready to move on yet, but I've had my dating scan this morning and all was well! Little one moving and stretching and rolling around frustrating the sonographer :-) Very exciting, but still don't quite believe it.

Hope nobody minds if I stay here a while (am technically still 11 weeks).
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 5th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 2,963 Posts
    • 13,192 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Amazing Cherry! That's wonderful news. What is your due date?

I had another scan on Saturday at 10 weeks exactly and couldn't believe how active baby was so I can only imagine it gets more exciting as the weeks go on
    £450/3000 OH BC(85% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £450/31010.23 (98.54% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,950.00 (2017 O/P £1774.74) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £16231.98/14,539.71
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 5th Sep 17, 4:54 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Cherry that's great news, so pleased everything's going well
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 5th Sep 17, 8:15 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 2,620 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Congratulations Cherry and Kirsty! Super exciting. I've got my 12 week scan next wednesday. Eeeek
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 6th Sep 17, 9:33 AM
    • 384 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Due 22nd of March :-)

Congratulations on your positive scan kirtsypoos, I only have the 8 week EPU scan to compare, but yes absolutely enchanting! Even hubby was quite moved (when I could bring myself to look away from the screen). I just wanted to watch him/her move around, but of course it's a medical appointment, and the focus is on stills for measurements.

Good luck next Wednesday Sweetilemon. Hope everyone's keeping well. How are the symptoms?
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 6th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    NBDS
    Hi everyone,
    Can I please pop my head in. I got my BFP on Saturday, still not sure it's sunk in! 29, first baby.
    By dates I'm 8+3, we put off testing as we were away and I felt if I "knew" I'd be totally anxious and not relax/worry about flying etc.
    Haven't long moved so not registered with a GP but can self refer, so am just waiting for an email for my booking in apt. Doesn't quite feel real in this limbo period! We haven't told anyone so I'm hoping this thread can be my saviour for now
    Hope everyone is doing well x
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 6th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    • 2,963 Posts
    • 13,192 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Right by my birthday, lovely time of year although I am a bit biased! I'm hoping not to spend my birthday in labour though
    I found myself willing them just to do a few more minutes rather than switch it off!

Congrats NBDS, lovely news
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £450/31010.23 (98.54% paid)
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 6th Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Congrats and welcome NBDS

I have to admit, I'm hating being pregnant. I just feel awful all the time. Constant nausea and insane tiredness. I haven't been sick yet but spend about half an hour every morning retching. Can't bear to even be in the kitchen (something about the smell of the cats food makes me gag) so DH is doing all the cooking/washing up/cleaning

Really looking forward to this improving in the next few weeks.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 6th Sep 17, 1:46 PM
    • 2,963 Posts
    • 13,192 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    MrsNubs I'm so glad you said that! I'm absolutely thrilled to be pregnant but I have felt beyond rotten for weeks, throwing up 20+ times per day some days and I've lost almost a stone. I feel so ungrateful for feeling like I this at the moment. Roll on the 2nd trimester!
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 7th Sep 17, 9:44 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 4,300 Thanks
    lauradora
    Newbie-finally
    Hi ladies
    Finally I can tentatively join and come across from the miscarriage thread

9w today after 2 mcs, 3 ectopics and 1 prem at 26 weeks so am uber paranoid.

Was having pains at 7 weeks and was scanned in EPAu where they found baby in right place with a heartbeat . Have also paid for a private scan since for reassurance and everything still ok.

So according to the stats I'm on to a winner.........

Thinking sticky

I want rid of my debt and my fat in 2015!
    DFW nerd no 844

• lauradora
    • By lauradora 7th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 4,300 Thanks
    lauradora
    Congrats and welcome NBDS

I have to admit, I'm hating being pregnant. I just feel awful all the time. Constant nausea and insane tiredness. I haven't been sick yet but spend about half an hour every morning retching. Can't bear to even be in the kitchen (something about the smell of the cats food makes me gag) so DH is doing all the cooking/washing up/cleaning

Really looking forward to this improving in the next few weeks.
    Originally posted by MrsNubs
    Same here and feeling guilty cos hubby is the only one working at the min..........supermarkets also making me feel like spewing

DFW nerd no 844

• lauradora
    • By lauradora 7th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 4,300 Thanks
    lauradora
    MrsNubs I'm so glad you said that! I'm absolutely thrilled to be pregnant but I have felt beyond rotten for weeks, throwing up 20+ times per day some days and I've lost almost a stone. I feel so ungrateful for feeling like I this at the moment. Roll on the 2nd trimester!
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    Luckily I haven't actually been sick.....I feel for you xxx

DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 7th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 2,963 Posts
    • 13,192 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Congrats lauradora
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 8th Sep 17, 10:20 AM
    • 384 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Congratulations and welcome NBDS and lauradora!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 8th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 2,620 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Welcome Lauradora!! Was your premature baby still born or have you got a living child? My daughter died at 4weeks 2 days old from late onset group b/ meningitis so I understand your fear's. Hopefully thsee are our rainbows �� Are you on Sands?
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 8th Sep 17, 10:39 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 2,620 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hi everyone,
    Can I please pop my head in. I got my BFP on Saturday, still not sure it's sunk in! 29, first baby.
    By dates I'm 8+3, we put off testing as we were away and I felt if I "knew" I'd be totally anxious and not relax/worry about flying etc.
    Haven't long moved so not registered with a GP but can self refer, so am just waiting for an email for my booking in apt. Doesn't quite feel real in this limbo period! We haven't told anyone so I'm hoping this thread can be my saviour for now
    Hope everyone is doing well x
    Originally posted by NBDS

Congratulations! Same age as me! Wow that's patience waiting that long to test! !well done you.
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 9th Sep 17, 10:06 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    NBDS
    Thank you! To be honest I "knew", I'm firmly in the camp with you here that feel terrible. Hate to moan but I wish the nausea would go away now! I've also got a horrible cold at the moment and feeling very grumpy

Sweetilemon, so sorry to hear about your daughter, I can't even imagine but I hope this pregnancy is helping to ease your pain xx
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 9th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    NBDS
    Also I had my letter yesterday and have my booking in apt on 21.9. Then maybe it'll feel real!
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 10th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 4,300 Thanks
    lauradora
    Welcome Lauradora!! Was your premature baby still born or have you got a living child? My daughter died at 4weeks 2 days old from late onset group b/ meningitis so I understand your fear's. Hopefully thsee are our rainbows �� Are you on Sands?
    Originally posted by sweetilemon
    Thanks to all for.your welcome.

No. Not on sands but familiar with it. DD Survived....albeit with bad feet and eyesight but that was 16 years ago now

Midwife on Thursday when I'll be 10 weeks. Does anyone know is if a Doppler will pick anything up at that point??

DFW nerd no 844

• MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 11th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Welcome lauradora. I believe (but don't know for sure) that dopplers can pick up heartbeats that early but it's rare as the baby is still so small.

I have my booking in tomorrow. Asked my boss if I could work from home as I live/Dr is 45 minutes from work and he asked if everything was ok. Had no idea what to say! I really don't want to tell work yet

Does anyone know if they do an internal examination at the booking in? A couple of books I've read seem to imply they will.

Kirsty have you been to your Dr about anti-sickness medication? There are options that are perfectly safe in pregnancy and GP's are happy to prescribe. Obviously it's not ideal for you to lose loads of weight or get dehydrated so definitely don't feel like you have to suffer

We told our families at the weekend, was really lovely. My BIL cried, which was very unexpected! Both sets of parents seemed disappointed that we hadn't told them we were TTC. Did everyone else tell their parents?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,995Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin