Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,851Posts
    • 6,819Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 377
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 1st May 17, 8:36 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    Timeflies
    And I broke out the maternity jeans 😍So much more comfortable. Booking in appointment tomorrow yay! How's everyone doing?

Hope the birthday girl enjoys her day tomorrow samtoby!
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 3rd May 17, 10:35 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    I got an appointment with the Drs for next Wednesday so will see what they say is wrong with my blood.

I haven't got any maternity stuff yet, I just get in my pjs as soon as I can each evening!
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000
    MFW2017 #85 £2633.7/£2500 12K IN 17 #85 £5500/£12000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • alipops1986
    • By alipops1986 5th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 648 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    alipops1986
    Hello All,

Please can I join you?

Got my BFP last weekend, currently 4 weeks today with EDD of 12th January 2018.

This is my 2nd baby - my little boy is just over 2.5 years old. Luckily, this was our first month of officially trying but i've been off the pill since October in readiness.

Not feeling as sick as I did with my son...........yet, but it's still early days. Definitely have the tiredness though and I keep waking up super early which is getting frustrating.

Alipops x
    Married: August 2013
    Moved into our Family Home: August 2013
    Our Baby Boy arrived August 2014
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 6th May 17, 8:20 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Thank you our daughter had a great birthday.

Can't believe I am 11 weeks on Monday - just over 1 week left until my 12 week scan.

I do feel like the sickness has dropped a lot so that has me worried a bit but my friend said hers dropped from 10 weeks so maybe just be pleased!

Congratulations Alipops!
    DS 18.06.2004 --2013-- 2.05.2014
    E-Bay Power Seller - Amazon Seller, Etsy Seller
    April GC 36.56 so far
    £0/ £4,533.47 0% 28th April 2014
    4kw Solar PV system with Immersun
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 6th May 17, 8:46 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Congratulations Ali pops, that's great news. I think we were pregnant at the same time last time!

Glad you're feeling better samtoby.

I'm still feeling rotten, I seem to get (sorry TMI) diarrhoea rather than vomiting. I think I might pack up everything that's too tight on the waist and get the rest of my maternity gear out.

I got my scan date in the post, yay! It won't be til c. 13 weeks because we're on holiday, loving having a date though! Hope to feel less awful on holiday!
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 7th May 17, 6:29 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    What is your scan date Timeflies?

I think once the placenta takes over it can improve the sickness - but I am not certain on that.

Had a lovely day with my family today so sat under a blanket on the sofa smiling to myself

Hope you have all had a good weekend!
    April GC 36.56 so far
    • alipops1986
    • By alipops1986 7th May 17, 7:00 PM
    • 648 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    alipops1986
    Congratulations Ali pops, that's great news. I think we were pregnant at the same time last time!

Glad you're feeling better samtoby.

I'm still feeling rotten, I seem to get (sorry TMI) diarrhoea rather than vomiting. I think I might pack up everything that's too tight on the waist and get the rest of my maternity gear out.

I got my scan date in the post, yay! It won't be til c. 13 weeks because we're on holiday, loving having a date though! Hope to feel less awful on holiday!
    Originally posted by Timeflies

Hiya Timeflies!

I had my little boy in August 2014 - seems so long ago now, can't believe how quickly time goes by.

I'm 4wks and 2 days at the moment - feeling alright, apart from sneezing and the usual tiredness. At the moment, i'm feeling better than I remember when I was last pregnant but it's still early days right? I'm trying not to worry and symptom spot.

My local docs only have a midwife one day a week, so when I rang last week they had zero appointments to offer me even for like 4 weeks time. So, i've got to try again this Tuesday afternoon when more will be released apparently! I'm hoping my midwife appt will be during half term so I can keep it low key work wise, and then the 12 weeks scan should be first or second week of July - i'm looking forward to having a date, makes a difference to have something to aim at.

So far, we've not told anyone other than my Headteacher. I'm Deputy and I work with pupils with behavioural problems so for my own safety it was worth saying something, although he's sworn to secrecy. I'm also left in charge of the school a lot so again, something he needs to consider. Excited to tell family, will wait until we're at least 8 weeks for parents, 12 wks for everyone else!

Alipops x
    Married: August 2013
    Moved into our Family Home: August 2013
    Our Baby Boy arrived August 2014
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 7th May 17, 8:03 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Thats mad about the appointments - not many babies round here maybe I was able to book one for the following week.

I remember with DD1 it was really busy maybe its just the time of year for getting pregnant etc. I bet its busy in the months following Valentines day....Mind you I fell just after!

This time I will be pregnant throughout the summer which is a first as DS1 and DD1 are May and June birthdays. A November one will be different.

April GC 36.56 so far
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 10th May 17, 9:53 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Hope you get your first appointment sorted out soon Alipops!

My scan is the Tuesday after bank holiday.

I had to have an hour and a half nap at work on Monday - really struggling!

My daughter was a Christmas baby. I got all my maternity wear out yesterday, it's all looking a bit dark, so I might need to pick out some slightly more summery stuff, as I'm wearing it earlier, even though the timing is not that different!

Did you get on ok at the doctor today 20somethinggirl?
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 11th May 17, 1:52 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    Congratulations Ali! My nausea started about 6 weeks and is starting (touch wood) to ease off at 10 weeks. My tiredness also seems to be easing off. I've managed to stay awake til 10 a few times, and even later once!

Doctors appointment was the quickest and possibly most pointless of my life. The blood test showed elevated white blood cells so they thought I had an infection (I don't). The doctor asked how I've been feeling and how my wee is, took my temperature which was normal, and told me to keep an eye on my urine and if there are any problems to get in touch. I think I was only in the building for 4 minutes! While I appreciate the concern and the thoroughness, I can't help but think there are other people who actually need help that could have had that appointment.

Scan is 2 weeks tomorrow. Timeflies, whereabouts are you? I got my scan letter a couple of days after I'd filled in the form at the doctors at about 6 weeks. I'm in Bucks, presume every area is different?
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 11th May 17, 8:07 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    Hi all!

Hope you're all doing OK?

Little one was wiggling around again at my second EPU scan last Fri & we got a little wave I've been discharged from there now unless I have any issues, and next scan will be my usual 12wk scan at the anti natal clinic. Had my booking in appt with the midwife last week and she said I should have the date within a week, but nothing has come through yet. She said it would be sometime between 11 & 13 weeks so not long to wait as I'm 10wks today

I've only told the HR lady at work, and we went away to Slovenia with our best friends last wknd so had to tell them as they would have guessed as I wasn't drinking. It was nice to talk "openly" about being pregnant and suddenly all feels much more real - even OH seems to have relaxed a bit going to tell my parents next week as we're due to see them anyway, and OHs parents the week after when they're back from holiday, then siblings & friends after the 12wk scan

Sickness is easing and it's all starting to feel exciting... but still trying not to get my hopes up as a long way to go!

Love and anti-sickness vibes to all! x
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 12th May 17, 7:22 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Yes, anti-sickness vibes for everyone!

I'm in Bristol- I think everywhere has their own way of doing things. I had a couple of less sicky days this week, then promptly worried about not being sick enough! Cue sickness again today.

Did you get your appointment sorted ok Ali pops?
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 16th May 17, 2:11 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    Timeflies
    How was your scan yesterday samtoby?
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 19th May 17, 6:27 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    How's everyone doing?

I got my scan date through for 5th June but I can't do that due to a work conference so they managed to squeeze me in next Weds when I'll be 11+6

Fingers crossed all goes well for everyone having scans soon! xx
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 21st May 17, 9:37 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Hey everyone sorry for the delay! Our scan was great bean measured further on 12w 5d so I am now edging near 14 weeks.

The scan was so clear compared to my previous two, so clear you could see the ribs and even fingers.

April GC 36.56 so far
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 22nd May 17, 1:04 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    Hey everyone sorry for the delay! Our scan was great bean measured further on 12w 5d so I am now edging near 14 weeks.

The scan was so clear compared to my previous two, so clear you could see the ribs and even fingers.

Originally posted by samtoby

Yey - great news! What's your due date now then?
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 22nd May 17, 2:55 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    Aww, glad your scan was so clear!

Ours is on Friday, edging nearer...

My sister is pregnant but further along than me and she's in the North East and said she was charged £2 for the picture. My friend who had a baby said it's £5 at our hospital!

Still feeling sick and knackered. Started looking for maternity jeans but the only ones I can find and that have stock are skinny jeans. Who wants to wear skinny jeans when pregnant?! Any suggestions of where to get bootcut or alternative that are comfy?
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 22nd May 17, 3:14 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    It's £5 at my hospital too - though we didn't have to pay for the two EPU scans we had so I don't know if they always charge...

I had been feeling loads better, but I vommed in the shower this morning - delightful!!!

Maternity jeans - have you looked on ASOS? They have quite a good maternity section. I bought my first pair of mat jeans from Mothercare last week - they are skinny jeans but not too skinny IYKWIM and soooooooooo comfy!
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 22nd May 17, 3:19 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    saver-j
    *delurking* Twentysomethinggirl I found that too, don't wear skinny jeans at the best of times so why would I start when pregnant?! I bought some straight leg ones from h&m who actually had them in store, so I could try and get the right size but also saw some bootcut ones on jojo maman bebe which I thought looked nice, I just didn't go for them because I'd have had to shorten them and kind of defeat the object of buying bootcut. I think gap and next may have had some online too. Hardly any maternity wear in store anywhere though.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on the next thread soon, it's very quiet there right now.

*relurking*
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 22nd May 17, 3:39 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    I'm due now the 22nd November. So now I guess I move forward to the next thread. Good luck on your scans and see you soon x
    April GC 36.56 so far
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,586Posts Today

8,569Users online

Martin's Twitter