Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,849Posts
    • 6,814Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 375
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 10th Apr 17, 1:37 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Thank you Penguingirl - its a pregnacare one so hopefully ok - its the max one.

My booking in is next Thursday so I will be 8 weeks then x
    DS 18.06.2004 --2013-- 2.05.2014
    E-Bay Power Seller - Amazon Seller, Etsy Seller
    April GC 36.56 so far
    £0/ £4,533.47 0% 28th April 2014
    4kw Solar PV system with Immersun
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 10th Apr 17, 9:54 PM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    Samtoby, I've found that fresh air has helped my nausea - I took my 4yo nephew and 2yo niece out for the day yesterday and hardly felt sick at all - may have been because I was so busy chasing them as they ran in opposite directions though

Thanks for the tips re. vitamins ladies - I've just been taking the folic acid tablets but will look into others

Have a good week all! xx
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 10th Apr 17, 10:24 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Timeflies
    I've just been taking folic acid combined with vit D - nice small Boots own brand tablets - I remember the giant multivitamins from last time!

So much I've forgotten though - do we get to listen for a heartbeat at booking appointment, or is it the 16 week one?

Are people waiting to share their news or have you all told anyone yet? I've told my boss, my work first aider (I fainted a lot last time) and my fitness instructor - no "real" people!

Enjoy your time off with the kids samtoby!

Not long til Thursday Roz_V!
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 10th Apr 17, 11:22 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    I did totally forget about the sickness down the yard today ha ha. I was battling with my friends pony who would not let me get a fly net on. He was being a nightmare! It was only when I got back in the car I thought....Oh I feel sick again.

At booking in its just all the history filling in the booklet etc. I think I heard the heartbeat at 16w. But I had one of those heart monitor things. I loved it but got slightly obsessed and was listening all the time.

My husband and Mum know - but thats it. We work for ourselves so I am safe I don't have to tell anyone else.

April GC 36.56 so far
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 11th Apr 17, 8:54 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Heartbeat is generally from 16 weeks, but some areas leave it a couple of weeks later. At 34 weeks my partner can now hear the heartbeat with just his ear and loves it!
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 11th Apr 17, 9:50 AM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    So exciting!
    April GC 36.56 so far
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 13th Apr 17, 9:43 PM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    Ok so I've got an early scan booked for next Fri (7+1) and midwife appt on 4th May (9wks)

Hubby pretty much refusing to talk about it in case we jinx it. Found it difficult to ignore when I almost chucked my guts up in bed this morning though! Managed not to be sick and it passed after 10mins or so but as I was hunched over the bucket I did think "I've waited more than 2 years to feel this carp"

I'm not sure when to tell work... Sod's law I only got made permanent at the start of April after 3 months as a temp so I won't get SMP, just MA, and I'm really nervous for telling them in case they decide not to keep me on after my probation

Any plans for the long weekend ladies? I plan to sleep for as much of it as I can get away with!! X
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 13th Apr 17, 10:24 PM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    arbrighton
    Have you tried keeping some dry crackers by the bed to nibble when you wake up?

And yes, sleep, I remember how zombie-fied I was in first trimester. But hey, I could at least get to sleep and stay asleep for 12 hours of a weekend then. Now, at 28 weeks, bean is conspiring to keep me awake!
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 15th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Crackers are a life saver sometimes!

I am feeling very nervous still but trying to convince myself this level of sickness has to be a good thing.

I am 8 weeks Monday so 2/3 through the first section.

My only plans this weekend are to not vomit lol.

Have a good weekend!
    April GC 36.56 so far
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 15th Apr 17, 9:31 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Not vomiting is a great plan samtoby, let us know how that goes!

Ooh your booking in is the day after mine Roz_V!

My OH is pretty much refusing to engage in conversation about pregnancy, as though not planning ahead would make it any less bad if something went wrong. I saw loads of friends today I don't see often. I thought next time I see you, I'll either be huge or have a little one.

I went to my "group" first midwife session. She said there are normally four or five mums, but there were only going to be two of us - the other mum didn't turn up. I was hoping to have a pal to compare nausea stories with 😂
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 16th Apr 17, 7:13 AM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    It is lovely when you have someone to share the journey with - shame the other Mum's didn't turn up.

Its Sam 4 Sickness 0 - nearly vomitted a few times but managed to resist!

I don't think its real to men until after a scan at 12 weeks, they have no idea how bad the tiredness or sickness is either.
    April GC 36.56 so far
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 16th Apr 17, 6:45 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Good on you for avoiding the vomiting Samtoby!

I have felt so sick today, sick that I would have Ben off sick from work, but been in sole charge of an energetic toddler. I went to a family do and just felt rotten. I think I'll be going to bed at toddler bedtime and i hope that's not late!
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 17th Apr 17, 6:22 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    I find mine is worse in the early evening ( like now ) I have just totally dismantled a whole cooked chicken leftovers! Tasted so good. I am so vile with food I literally eat everything in sight, but I guess as long as its healthy! Hope you feel better after a long rest.

8 weeks today - Midwife Thursday.

Are we all around 7-8 weeks?
    April GC 36.56 so far
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 18th Apr 17, 11:34 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    Hi

I've been a bit AWOL from here the last couple of weeks. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. My husband seems to be the opposite of yours, he's looking at prams already! I'm more cautious and try not to look at too much until we've had the scan (26th May, I was surprised the letter came through so quickly).

We've both told our respective boss and we told his parents at the weekend, going to tell mine early next month when we see them. Booking in appointment is next Tuesday and I'm really not patient enough for all the waiting!

I feel nauseous but as yet haven't been sick, thankfully! I am so tired though, bordering on exhaustion, and feel so useless

Hope you're all well
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16
    MFW2017 #85 £2633.7/£2500 12K IN 17 #85 £5500/£12000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 18th Apr 17, 12:48 PM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    arbrighton
    Twentysomething, you might not be sick- I was just nauseous throughout the first trimester unless I'd very recently eaten.
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 18th Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Yep, another who was never sick in first trimester, but had pretty constant nausea. I was actually sick at about 25 week, but only once. Nausea has returned for me this (third) trimester, but not as bad.

I recommend crackers. Lots of them. Also satsumas helped me. And buttered toast. Although it was the last thing I wanted to do, I found eating to be the most helpful thing for the nausea (and still is)
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 18th Apr 17, 3:03 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Timeflies
    I'm such a moaner, but I'm getting lightheaded/exhausted in the mornings, then ok for a bit until nausea kicks in for the afternoon and evening. I've been really struggling looking after my toddler, especially if she's having a tantrum!

I think I might ask the midwife if it's worth having my iron test done early, as I don't think I can cope with this level of exhaustion a few weeks.

I'm about seven weeks too.

I read that 50% get nausea, 30% get nausea and vomiting and a lucky 20% get neither. Can't wait for the laments to kick o in another 5 weeks or so and take this nausea away! And hopefully a good scan result around the same time.

Think I'll have a lie down, as toddler is napping
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 18th Apr 17, 7:00 PM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Roz_V
    I think I'm a little behind you all as I'm 6+5 but I have short cycles so may get "moved on" a bit at the scan on Fri

Timeflies, I'm similar except I'm being sick first thing in the morning, then ok usually at work (other than eating constantly!) and then fading again in the late afternoon/evening. Make the most of toddler naptime and get your head down!

I'm finding Belvita biscuits are helping the nausea - guess they're a similar texture to crackers
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 19th Apr 17, 3:20 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    I never thought I'd say it but I'm bored of biscuits already
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16
    MFW2017 #85 £2633.7/£2500 12K IN 17 #85 £5500/£12000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 19th Apr 17, 10:22 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Well what a few days sickness has been so bad I went to the Dr's today and she has given me some tablets.

Why oh why didn't I go before I feel 100 times better - no sickness, no feeling sick and have eaten properly tonight! I can even drink fluids without wanting to be sick!

Midwife tomorrow - starting to feel real with that coming up!
    If I get to the end this will be our last child, so will be our last journey if all is ok. 3 kids seems so many went out with my friend today he has two and looking at four running along freaked me out a little lol. I won't be having 4!

I am not looking at anything, just praying I get to 12 weeks. My husband won't look at anything either.

Nice to see there is a few of us - when I had DD there were some ladies I was on the forum with and some I even met after we had all our babies. So odd putting a user name to a face!
    April GC 36.56 so far
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

234Posts Today

3,457Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin