Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,840Posts
    • 6,778Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 349
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 12th Oct 16, 8:13 AM
    • 985 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Congrats firebird and poddle

I'm 8 weeks today and not been seen by a Dr/midwife yet. I'm booked in with midwife on Monday. I know what you mean about it being odd. I am getting quite a lot of symptoms (nausea, stomach aches, excessive tiredness, sore & growing boobs) so whilst I'm not enjoying it, it is also quite reassuring as it feels 'something' is happening.

Hope everyone is doing ok
    Last edited by penguingirl; 12-10-2016 at 6:00 PM.
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 12th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hey ladies just delurking to say I had zero symptoms, apart from a bit of hunger, and still don't! So rest assured no symptoms doesn't mean nothing is happening :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby due March 2017
    • april87
    • By april87 12th Oct 16, 11:47 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    april87
    Congrats Poddle.

So had my first appointment with the midwife today, all went well, and back in 2 weeks.

I know its still early on and that, but is anyone finding their jeans etc getting a bit too tight? I seem to be ok with them first thing in the morning, but as the day goes on, I am struggling with them. I currently have a bobble around the button to close them to give me a bit extra room. I just feel really bloated, and I know I'm not eating any extra etc. In my head as having it be far too early to think about buying bigger clothes.
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 12th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Hello

Regular user here, but can't post under my normal name as people 'in real life' know who I am... I am about 5 weeks gone (which is why no one knows) and we have our first doctors appointment on Thursday.

I cannot get enough sleep, my boobs feel like they're on fire and I'm getting waves of nausea and heartburn.

But the worst thing is, I have had the most disgusting taste in my mouth. Started yesterday, but today I cannot drink tea at all. My problem is that this is my main drink and I struggle to drink lots of cold drinks. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you please have any remedies?

I ate some pickled onions earlier and it helped a bit, but I have had a few sips of hot chocolate and it's back with a vengence.
    • poddle911
    • By poddle911 12th Oct 16, 2:42 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 5,954 Thanks
    poddle911
    Thanks April! Do you have a blood test at the first one? OMG, I have definitely put on weight around the middle - at first I thought it was just because I'd come back from holiday, but I'm sure I look about 4-5 months pregnant if I let it all hang out!

Hi Sweetbabu, congrats! Loads of people say the same about metallic tastes and really strong aversions to things like tea - sorry no advice, hope it's just a phase. I should probably have registered as a new user as I know a few people on here on FB, but I'm pretty sure they won't say anything - fingers crossed
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 12th Oct 16, 3:55 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Hi Sweetbabu, congrats! Loads of people say the same about metallic tastes and really strong aversions to things like tea - sorry no advice, hope it's just a phase. I should probably have registered as a new user as I know a few people on here on FB, but I'm pretty sure they won't say anything - fingers crossed
    Originally posted by poddle911
    Aww, thank you poddle

Me too Well, my mum uses MSE and reads through most of the boards, so I couldn't be plastering it on here without them knowing

Does anyone else still not believe that they are actually pregnant? I'm sure it will change when I've had the doctors appointments, etc, and i know I've got lots of symptoms (that I don't remember having last time either - at least not this early!). But still... Wow!
    • april87
    • By april87 12th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    april87
    Poodle, no blood tests. I was told to expect that at my next appointment, which is in 2 weeks time. I didn't think I'd put on weight a pound or two, which I thought has all gone to my chest seriously considering buying new jeans.

Congratulations Sweetbabu. I also had a slight strange taste with coffee, I know just don't drink it. It doesn't sit too well with my either, which is surprising since I am a total caffeine addict. Surprisingly enough I've had no withdrawal symptoms at all since I stopped drinking it. I know what you mean, there are still moments I don't feel as if I'm pregnant I probably will still have these thoughs until I actually see it for myself if that makes sense. 4/5 weeks seems far too long for me to wait for a scan.
    Last edited by april87; 12-10-2016 at 4:48 PM.
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 12th Oct 16, 6:04 PM
    • 985 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    penguingirl
    April I am totally with you on the trousers! I'm exactly the same, seem OK in the morning but by evening I am really bloated and have a mega tummy on the go.

I'm completely off tea and coffee. I tried ginger tea for a bit, but now even the smell of that makes me gag. Current sipping tonic water as feel terrible! Think it's because I had a late night/early morning.

It doesn't feel real for me either. Not sure when it will.
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 12th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    Faerie
    Congratulations Poddle and Sweet!

Sweet, I have gone off tea too and seem to prefer cold drinks, Vimto is my favourite at the moment, it disguises the nasty taste in my mouth. I am sucking on mints too which helps with the nausea and the taste.

April and penguin - I had lots of bloating early on but it's getting better now. My jeans fit perfectly again at 12 weeks.

I had my dating scan this morning, it went really well. I have an anterior placenta again and the baby had smushed its face into it so it took a while to get the measurements. The scan photo isn't the best as it had hiccups too so it's a bit blurred. The sonographer was lovely and showed us the hands and fingers (so creepy but cool!) It looked like a little baby! The NT was low at 1.4mm so hopefully the blood results will follow suit too. It took 3 attempts to get blood :/ I've been put forward 4 days, so I'm now 12+4 It still doesn't feel real as we haven't told anyone yet. We wanted to tell our parents face to face this weekend but all 3 sets are busy! I suppose waiting a few more weeks won't hurt.

I hope everyone is ok.
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 12th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 985 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Glad all went well Faerie. I think I will burst if I can't tell my mum straight after the scan. Got a baby shower with her on Saturday so that will be a big test!
    • april87
    • By april87 13th Oct 16, 8:39 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    april87
    Faerie, glad the scan went well! I can't wait for mine . Glad to hear the bloating disappears, might hold off on the new jeans, maybe just get some leggings to tie me over for now.

Good luck for Saturday Penguin.
    • susieq87
    • By susieq87 13th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    susieq87
    hello ladies! thought i'd join the thread for some moral support (both ways). i'm almost 8 weeks (8 weeks on saturday) and going for my scan tomorrow. i have already had a scan at 6 weeks because i went to the hospital worried about abdominal pains but turns out they were growing pains but i got to see my little one, well very tiny but still nurse said she could see a little pulse.

no major symptoms as yet, i have just got over constipation and now getting hunger pangs and boobs are getting so big and sore.

sending love to all expectant mums and dads!
    Don't sweat the small stuff
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 13th Oct 16, 6:40 PM
    • 985 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Welcome Susie. You are just a few days behind me. Hope your scan goes OK tomorrow. I'm desperate for mine to hurry up (will hopefully book it on Monday at midwife appointment).
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 16th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    • 985 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Well I survived the baby shower. OH has since said he thought I might crack and tell my mum, but I managed not too. Thankfully I was having a good afternoon symptom wise so managed to eat etc. Highlights included the mum to be and one of the other girls comparing early symptoms and then saying 'you have all this to look forward to' and my mum telling me about her telling my grandma she was pregnant. At 7 weeks. Way to make your 8.5 week daughter feel guilty. Oh well. They live about 90 minutes away so I kept telling myself next time I see them I'll tell them which helped.

How is everyone else? Hope you've all had a relaxing weekend. We've got a bathroom refit this week (only bathroom) so I'm dreading it. Got first midwife appointment tomorrow as well.
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 17th Oct 16, 6:49 AM
    • 373 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Morning everyone. I got what I thought was just a TLP on Saturday but having suffered a few symptoms I'm now fairly sure I'm expecting!

Going by the first day of my last period, I'm 4 weeks and 4 days. Suffered mild nausea the last two evenings at dinner, which along with the lack of wine inspired comments from my parents last night - super helpful when I'm so early on and wasn't planning on telling them just yet!

Also just had the most terrible night's sleep; just couldn't get comfortable - anyone else suffered this? Usually I have absolutely no trouble sleeping at all.

Hope everyone's doing well!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • april87
    • By april87 17th Oct 16, 7:52 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    april87
    Ah I'm glad it went well Penguin. You'll tell her soon enough, just think how excited she'll be when you do. Here's hoping the refit goes well, there is nothing worse than getting stuff done to the house when all you want is peace and quiet.

Congrats Snow. At the start I found sleep quite hard, between getting comfortable and the constant running to the toilet, I barely slept. It does pass, i'm now out like a light most nights.

I'm now 8 weeks, and I just can't get over how quickly time is passing. I keep thinking May 2017 is ages away, but if time goes like it has this past wee while, it'l be here in no time.
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 17th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    • 985 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Congrats Snow. Hope you don't get too many symptoms. My sleep wasn't great at first (or before) but for the last few weeks I have slept so well! Literally had 11 hours one night and found a new love of naps.

The building work has already started this morning! Bracing myself. It's meant to take a couple of weeks, and I have already warned OH that if it gets to me I'll book a hotel for the weekend!
    • firebird082
    • By firebird082 17th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    • 384 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    firebird082
    Also just had the most terrible night's sleep; just couldn't get comfortable - anyone else suffered this? Usually I have absolutely no trouble sleeping at all.
    Originally posted by snowscreamer
    Congratulations Snow! I am absolutely with you on the sleeping - I track mine, and what I've been getting is 1 period of REM sleep at the start of the night, and then restless light sleep for the rest of the time. Very frustrating, as I feel absolutely exhausted. Have had to tell a couple of people at work just because I'm not functioning properly. Really hope the whole 9 months isn't like this!
    • april87
    • By april87 17th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    april87
    Penguin I probably would be the same.

I have a question, due to get my hair redone in 2 weeks (a mix of both permanent & semi-permanent colours) is it safe to do so? I've tried googling it, but its one of those things that bring up a mix of answers.
    • susieq87
    • By susieq87 17th Oct 16, 4:00 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    susieq87
    I'm now 8 weeks, and I just can't get over how quickly time is passing. I keep thinking May 2017 is ages away, but if time goes like it has this past wee while, it'l be here in no time.
    Originally posted by april87
    it does seem like ages away! i get crossing off milestones like get over christmas, then valentines day, my birthday, ooh its april already!
    Don't sweat the small stuff
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,054Users online

Martin's Twitter