Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,837Posts
    • 6,777Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 346
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 18th Sep 16, 7:16 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    Faerie
    Good luck Pink!

Are you still on holiday clarabell? Good luck for Friday!

My scan is 4 weeks away, this pregnancy is dragging! I'm back to work this week and I'm dreading it, I do feel a million times better but my nausea is constant, I don't think I can keep it secret for much longer.
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 18th Sep 16, 7:39 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Unfortunately I am home! early hours of this morning. The travel home was awful on the plane with nausea. Back to my ginger tea today and back to work tomorrow!
    • PinkGladioli
    • By PinkGladioli 19th Sep 16, 8:32 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    PinkGladioli
    All went well today, measured exactly 12 1 so my calculations were spot on. Due date of 2nd of April.
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 19th Sep 16, 8:49 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Congrats pink! Well done you on being spot on! glad everything went well!

Hope to see you on the other thread next week xx
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 21st Sep 16, 9:12 AM
    • 196 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    Faerie
    Congratulations Pink!
    • Andrew Ryan 89
    • By Andrew Ryan 89 21st Sep 16, 2:49 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 205 Thanks
    Andrew Ryan 89
    Hey guys,

My girlfriend has just been booked into her first Ante Natal appointment. Problem is, it falls on the week she starts her new job and she has been told it has to be done that week and they have no evening or weekend appointments. Is there any way around this?
    • april87
    • By april87 22nd Sep 16, 8:17 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    april87
    Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be moving to this thread from the TTC thread. After posting about my BFN yesterday, my DH went and checked the test a wee while later. Lo and behold 5 tests later and it does appear that I have my BFP
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 22nd Sep 16, 9:19 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Congratulations April!

There doesn't seem to be many of us on this thread just now and I'm hoping to move over to the next thread tomorrow! I'll pop back though and see how your getting on

My first scan is tomorrow and I'm feeling very nervous. I was really sick this morning before work, it's going to be a long day!

Andrew,
    I can't really help at much but I don't see why the appointment MUST be that week! If it's a booking in appointment, they like this to take place between 8-12 weeks. How far along is your girlfriend?

Does her new employer know that she is pregnant? They must allow her time for appointments
    Last edited by clarabell1984; 22-09-2016 at 9:26 AM.
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 22nd Sep 16, 10:34 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be moving to this thread from the TTC thread. After posting about my BFN yesterday, my DH went and checked the test a wee while later. Lo and behold 5 tests later and it does appear that I have my BFP
    Originally posted by april87
    Just snooping on this thread from the ttc thread- big congrats!! Hopefully some of us will join you on this one soon
    • april87
    • By april87 22nd Sep 16, 10:46 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    april87
    Thanks Clara and Penguin.

Ah Clara, hopefully the scan goes well Fx. How is the morning sickness? That is one thing I am hoping I don't get.

Penguin hopefully some of you will be joining me soon. Fx to you all.
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 22nd Sep 16, 12:31 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    The morning sickness hasn't been too bad April, I have suffered more from terrible nausea (which I actually think has been worse) for the last 6 weeks. My "sickness" tends more to be in the evening though so have managed work 9-5 not too bad (although the tiredness is killer lol).

I have no appetite at all though and have now lost 8lbs since I got my BFP! I'm hoping now I'm past 12 weeks it will return, I miss proper food! (been living on toast and takeaways ).

Everyone is different so FX you don't get nausea/sickness xx
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 22nd Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    Faerie
    Congratulations on your BFP April! Don't worry about sickness yet, just enjoy the first few weeks. Every pregnancy is different. I found travel sickness bands (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Travel-Sickness-Morning-Nei-Kuan-Masterplast/dp/B006CJQ66A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474552851&sr=8-3&keywords=sea+bands) and making sure you don't get too hungry by eating little and often helps. Hopefully you'll skip the sickness though!

Andrew, do her employers know about the pregnancy? They have to allow her reasonable time off for all her appointments. It seems a bit odd that she can't rearrange the appointment though, have they said why it has to be that week?

I picked up my maternity uniforms today - the trousers are massive, I could fit an elephant in there with me. Exciting though!
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 22nd Sep 16, 3:21 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    I second both pieces of advice from Faerie! Little and often food wise and I wished I had known about the cheaper sickness bands! I bought these when I came across them a couple of days before I went on holiday http://www.boots.com/en/Sea-Band_1845030/! I didn't even realise boots had their own version either

How exiting about your new uniforms! I ordered a couple of bits of maternity things online in the Newlook sale today. We don't have a uniform at work, I usually just wear dresses and tights. Both of which are getting tighter by the day and all my casual clothes, especially jeans/jeggings are getting a bit neat! I wanted to wait until after our scan tomorrow but didn't want to miss out on the 50% off!
    • april87
    • By april87 22nd Sep 16, 3:30 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    april87
    Thanks ladies, I tend to eat about 6 times a day on my current training plan so here's hoping I can keep to the same sort of scale for the first wee while, and any sort of nausea/sickness just doesn't come to anything. Tempted to pick up a sickness band to have it on the safe side.

Thanks Faerie, I don't think its quite sank in yet, I don't want to get too excited.

Faerie, least they'll be comfortable with being bigger.
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 23rd Sep 16, 3:04 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    I had my scan this morning and I'm now very excited

All is looking well and I am measuring 13 weeks exactly - only 1 day out from what I thought So due date of 31st march 2017

Nice and active, wriggling about, stretching out and moving it's wee feet

Can't wait to get home from work to start telling friends and family!!! xxx
    • Faerie
    • By Faerie 23rd Sep 16, 4:45 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    Faerie
    Aw! Brilliant news Clarabell! I hope all goes well with spreading the happy news!
    • april87
    • By april87 23rd Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    april87
    Aww glad to hear that Clara! Ah enjoy spreading the news
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 24th Sep 16, 9:56 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Thanks ladies!

Have told both sets of parents, my 2 brothers in law, my sister in law and my boss!

Just my brother and sister in law to tell tonight and 2 grans then it'll just be close friends for now

Hoping to see you all soon on the next thread xx take care xx
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 24th Sep 16, 4:42 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Happy to join this thread. Got my BFP this afternoon. All seems very surreal. I think I'm 5.5 weeks. So far only real symptom has been cramping for about the the last 10-12 days, although ironically it's been much better today.
    • Andrew Ryan 89
    • By Andrew Ryan 89 24th Sep 16, 8:42 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 205 Thanks
    Andrew Ryan 89
    Congratulations April!

There doesn't seem to be many of us on this thread just now and I'm hoping to move over to the next thread tomorrow! I'll pop back though and see how your getting on

My first scan is tomorrow and I'm feeling very nervous. I was really sick this morning before work, it's going to be a long day!

Andrew,
    I can't really help at much but I don't see why the appointment MUST be that week! If it's a booking in appointment, they like this to take place between 8-12 weeks. How far along is your girlfriend?

Does her new employer know that she is pregnant? They must allow her time for appointments
    Originally posted by clarabell1984
    They don't know and she hasn't started yet. We wanted to get the first scan out of the way before we told them. Thanks for the tip, I'll tell her to call again and try to get it rearranged. However, it does not look like they do weekend appointments so she'll have to miss a day regardless, just didn't want it to be in her first week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,185Posts Today

6,230Users online

Martin's Twitter