Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elly68
    • By elly68 17th Dec 13, 5:41 PM
    • 2,397Posts
    • 6,035Thanks
    elly68
    The Sun will shine in my Garden Again.
    • 17th Dec 13, 5:41 PM
    The Sun will shine in my Garden Again. 17th Dec 13 at 5:41 PM
    Well new diary and new attitude lots of debt ,oh turned down for promotion he will be home soon not looking forward to the fall out from that,house is a mess and the trees have taken over the garden .So whats a ghirl todo .
    2014 holds the following
    2 weddings
    2 hen dos
    1 stag do
    and anything else that turns up .
    One of the things my oh has to do in his job is accounts so I'm starting an old fashioned ledger and off we will go .
    For 1 year we will live with what comes in and make sure it is used effeciently to make payments and reduce debt .
    I am going to walk every day some where, I'm going to make do and home cook (i've been doing a lot of that lately)
    I am going to declutter 1 black bag worth every week starting to get sales on facebook so will plug away at that .
    Oh yes and I'm going to clear the trees from my garden so I can see the sun shine again .
    Halifax loan 15900/16500 2 payments left
    bos cc 300/8500
    santander 0/2850 0% this will be min payment only
    Good to update
Page 7
    • elly68
    • By elly68 29th May 16, 1:13 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Well i have done well downstairs house is tidy.I have stopped using tumble dryer as better weather .I have cut the grass and painted my little shed ...however I cut through my wire on my hedge trimmer oops oh will fix it thankfully ....and im not dead .
    I have been out this morning and got my woodchip and compost .This is for my last section of garden ,I am so pleased I planned it in Sauares well rectangles really becuse it has meant that each area has been doable and budgeted for.
    I need to find some large cheap boxes / planters for more potatoes to go in I know I can do them in the compost bags but the girl in me wants that section to look pretty .
    I have a large mound of nettles at the bottom of the garden which were threatening to take over but i put plastic over the last night so they will die.I dont mind some nettles but this was getting ridiculous ...I have bluebells im hoping they will spread naturally and in the nettle area I might plant a couple of fruit trees or bamboos not sure yet .
    Well happy sunday folks away to get some sun.
    Five things list
    1 first overpayment from loan money whoohoo
    2 spread woodchip
    3 top up compos
    4 find cheap/ free pots
    5 source 6 free pallets
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 4th Jun 16, 10:59 AM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Ist overpayment done woodchip compost today ,the other 2 no joy yet ,tomorrow i will write my new list which includes new passports .
    Got a lovely letter from marie curie saying mums stuff got them £233
    With giftaid being 66.00 thought thats lovely till i read thē last line that said if i had not paid enough tax i would be liable for hmrc for the 66.00 they dont tell you that when u sign .makes you think eh.
    Weather not as good today packing tonight for the booty tomorrow cant wait .
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 6th Jun 16, 9:49 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Oh well car boot went the wayside to catchup with a good freind im happy that i did but poorer for it and the junk is still trying to escape the downstairs and upstairs cupboards .
    Passport stuff almost done i'm so chuffed with my garden and the sun is definately shining in scotland ,this weeks list
    1 bootsale bootsale bootsale
    2 transfer shopping money to cc and just try and not use
    3 get spending money for dd organise
    4 start the diet im awful at the minute
    5 try clubbercise again wed but im not convinced a day late but there u are
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 6th Aug 16, 1:38 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Been a while too busy in the garden,life and holiday .
    I'm back off to uni for another course for work will need to negatiate a pay rise as this course means a change in role .kids are almost done with holidays need to get blazers sorted dd gets exam results tuesday crapping myself for her the pressure of teachers saying you ar a straight a student .
    Need a new list
    1 sort out course and payrise
    2 tackle nettle patch as plastic didnt work
    3 put away holiday clothes fab time and done on the cheap
    4 apart from school clothes no new clothes unless beyond repair .
    5 sell sell sell declutter declutter declutter .
    Hope you are all well garden needs to be finished by 24th love a challenge .
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 16th Oct 16, 1:44 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Well been away from the rain back to earth with a bump ,Long chat with hubby on last night of holiday re level of debt ,to be honest added up its less tham most of my friends mortgages but I DONT CARE ...he doesnt even open his statements it does my head in that aman who does budgets for work doesn't here . Well pub every friday and sat is kaiboshed is that even how you spell that haha . Anyhow we have no purchases needed clothes or otherwise in the next six months kids have been told so net flix and the 1990 drink stash will be our weekends since both are free and I actually checked the food before buying .
    He didnt even say anything this time just agreed we have two years before dd goes to uni this must be sorted . Happy Sunday folks x
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 23rd Oct 16, 8:14 AM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Well Sunday update ,my biggest fear with the debt was always one of us getting sick and not being able to work or worse die on the other one leaving them financially !!!!ed.
    So last week decided on consolidation loan as we are paying to high interest on cc to clear them ,so loan will be 238 amonth which frees up 60 a month for the cc that is interest free till july and only has 2600 on it .so will pay 300 a month starting thismonth to clear it .
    Oh has two cc which he has rattled with holidays and uni fees so as soon as cc number two cleared we will use this money to start paying double payments to his cc think i can debt bust the extra two in two years .
    Food shopping lixdl and farmfoo massive savings still need dog food ,toilet paper and razors but total for week and those items make it a dear one 100 so very happy .
    Unfortunately on the get sick line dh is wearing a 24hr bp and needs 24 hr ecg due to stress well theres a !!!!ixx suprise .
    He is a quiet man personally as a nurse i think gp is being hopeful that its stress but i did the ecg and it looks physiological rather than psychological .how do you ask his parents re f/history without raising alarm bells .
    Oh well he was already on board regarding the debt busting he is just more so now.
    Tidied round my lovely garden yesterday couldnt figure out why i was so sore last night in bed then remembered the weeding ,physical exercise is good for stress .
    Happy sunday folks ohh thats dh awake and footsteps mean he is breathing x
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 23rd Oct 16, 2:00 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Well my determination is not making my oh happy he agreed on last night of holiday and on return that i could open ,check balances on his cc ,and work out to our solution to this crisis as i believe our money situation is a large part of his stress resulting in his current health worry .we both have good money coming in and if we both wind our necks in the family will be better off overall . So I decide to open statements today as they have been there since Thursday and still unopened ,there are no real surprises in the balance ,interest is higher than he said and I am now recieving a lecture in privacy well tough enough is enough if we aint got it we aint spending it .
    I have snowballed today and we can be cc free in 24 months and loan free in 36 with £200 clear a week for food and fun so if I stop wasting food in the kitchen they will ea the crap in the freezer and no extras will be bought we can either add to a cc or go for a pint sounds god to me .He has contributed stopping dd for tv internet stuff and swapping electric think he just didnt want to admit to balances as they stand .Well I dont care 1st of Nov the new snowball payments are being made .Think I might end up here daily for a while
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 29th Oct 16, 8:53 AM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Happy weekend folks well loan has cleared and cc 1 which was accruing interest at a terrible rate is now being paid in loan form ,cc closed shut gone .will contact re other card and increase payment ,feels great .have been offered another loan which im tempted to take for oh cc will finish sorting mine first then start jigging his .happy weekend folks its a wet one here x
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • chocomonsta
    • By chocomonsta 30th Oct 16, 7:27 AM
    • 456 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    chocomonsta

well done

keep chipping away
    • elly68
    • By elly68 30th Oct 16, 2:23 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Hi choco ,thanks it feels great to have cleared it and oh is with me on the whole lets get this cleared . Shopping cheap so i caved and took oh to pub for drinks we spent 10 because we one the football card lol he never gambles and ev1 laughed cause he put it in my name . Sat with a nice couple and had a blether .
    Started studying today finally focussed and started dreaming of a holiday home and stopped the it search nope no daydreaming i can make my own house my holiday home retreat so garden it is today whilst its dry ...sometimes its the simple pleasures to easy to be distracted with the wants while my only real want is to be debt and mortgage free . There will be no
    New shes,no,new clothes,no meals out ,no holidays ...the occasional planned night out thats it .Hapoy Sunday folks the sun is definately shining in my garden x
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
    • elly68
    • By elly68 3rd Dec 16, 12:55 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 6,035 Thanks
    elly68
    Well didnt take loan for second cc i now have 0% cc for other for 18 months so can crack on paying that off im so pleased both hubby and i may get a good raise in jan as long as i pass my exam getting good finally at jigging my money around so pleased ,then will tackle hubbys cards . Xmas is all in apart from food had to by both kids clothes forced by groing dd should stop now then its just ds who is like a quickly growing labrador pup but hes good and will wear cheaper trainers than most teenagers . Life really is coming together i have a !!!! thing to do in march so 2017 aint gonna start till easter for me but will get head down and embrace my new role and complete next module at uni as that will seal my career with hopefully no more uni ever and sit in a nice job for 12 years who ever knows ...take care all the sun really is tinkering down into my garden today x
    bos cc 300/8500
    Good to update
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,633Posts Today

6,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin