Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 24th Nov 13, 1:27 PM
    • 4,139Posts
    • 20,533Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future !
    • 24th Nov 13, 1:27 PM
    Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future ! 24th Nov 13 at 1:27 PM
    Now seems as good a time as any to begin my new diary !

Trawling back in my old diary , I had made a mention of my Hope and Dreams for our future, so decided to steal the wording for my new diary. In the absence of a lovely witty , entertaining title this one will have to do.

So following on from Pinots Potty Debt Free Journey ( I am rubbish at posting links) which is now two years old , quite alot has changed.

We began with a debt mountain of £96K, in November 2011, we now sit in here in 2013 with half that amount. Sometimes I wonder how on earth we are still here to tell the tale, but we are. Largely I have to say it is due to the huge amount of support from my lovely Virtual Friends on here. If I name you all it will turn into one of those dreadfully awful tearful Oscar speeches, but I can honestly , truthfully, hand on heart say that the PG Family would not be where we are now without you all. You know who you are and you have been amazing, but I guess you all know that !!

Its been a tough two years, but somehow we have still managed some laughs and fun, mixed with lots and lots of tears and tough times.

So what do the next two years in store have for us then other than htting that last 50% of our debt? Probably more of the same, working our backsides off, trying to come up with as many ways to battle this Debt Mountain as we can , and hopefully keep smiling that manic grin that I plaster on for those really crappy days. We need to get DD1 through college,keep DD2 motivated and also try get some form of normality back into lives, this has been seriously lacking for many years. We need to begin to have a social life again, this has fallen by the wayside, we lost touch with many of our friends as working every weekend isnt great for your social life , nor did we have the money for grand expensive nights out. We need to change this somehow and start to include a few more fun things into our life. May people have commented how on earth Mr PG and I have managed to stay together given the hours we work, and the stress but we have and will. We aren't giving up this easily and let this damn Debt win and drag us down completely !

I lost my amazing dad , not long ago. I am glad that he never knew what a bloody great mess we were in, it would have broken his heart. He knew we had a few problems but never the full extent of it. That was and still is our Guilty Secret and that it shall remain. We seem to have done a pretty good job at Keeping Up Appearances for the last 8 years that we have been struggling for, so I am sure we can continue with more of the same. His loss has made me all the more determined to crack this mess and live a happy less stressful life, for as we all know "Life Is What You Make It " So we will make it the absolute best we can for us and for our gorgeous girls.

So off we go to continue our bumpy Journey...............................it would be wonderful if you could join us !!

Mrs PG xxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future !
    Total debts Nov 2011 £96796.75
    Total Debts SEP 2016 £38086.35
    Cleared SEP 2016 £58733.28
    Tax £13600/13600 Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £2000.00 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
Page 70
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 21st Sep 16, 5:48 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    How can it be the end of September already ?

I last posted in June, where have the months gone ?

How are you all ? I really do need to get back on here regularly ( I say this all the time I know ) but I have fallen off of the wagon recently, we have had the strangest of year work wise and our income has been all over the place. I have taken my eye off the ball totally as my head seemed to be full of a zillion other things that needed doing and I wasn't really sure what to concentrate on. In the end I seem to have done a bit of everything, nothing very well and achieved little !

So...... I have to get back on track, continue to kick this debt into touch (am thinking of re reading my original diary in the hope it gives me the kick up the backside that I need ) and spring into action.

THE PG National Debt is reducing....soooooooo slowly . It never was going to be a quick fix but it feels like this has been going on forever and I am feeling a bit fed up with it. I swear my eat, sleep and dream numbers and pound signs !! .

While I have been gone, which I don't think I posted, we were successful with a Packaged Bank Account Claim. It was initially refused but I was adamant I had a strong case. I wrote to the CEO, they looked again and within three days we had £3K sitting pretty in the bank. Sadly the money was used to prop up the business and pay the mortgage, but at least it was there to do so.

In other news, DD1 was offered her first choice of Uni and I moved her in last week ! She is having the time of her life. As much as we miss her chitter chatter ( she talks alot ) as long as she is happy and excited, then I am too. She messages constantly and facetimes in the evening. I didn't want to pressure her to do so, but its been voluntary, which is nice. She said a few of the girls were homesick and she has been looking after them, but so far she is showing no signs. She is also really enjoying cooking , something which never ever happened when she was at home ! We have a bet on how many nights of Freshers she will last My bet is 2 nights, but we will wait and see !! She loves her bed so am not sure if she will manage an entire week, plus the Uni have set her a mountain of work already despite it being Freshers. Today she emailed me her timetable. In some ways I wish I didn't have it, I know I will be checking what time she starts and wondering if she is out of bed and on time ( some of you may remember that time keeping is well and truly not her forte !!) I think for my sanity, it would have been best if she kept me in blissful ignorance !!

DD2 in now in her final year of GCSEs. Its started with a bang, two weeks in she is exhausted already by the workload.

Mr PG returned yesterday from abroad where he has spent most of the summer. He arrived minus his cases which seem to have ended up in Madrid !! He did however, manage to hang onto the bag with his dirty washing in . Lucky me !!

So......as of tomorrow I need to try and do something constructive towards the debts / savings, general feelings of security etc . Things are looking very very quiet work wise, and although I have spend today in meetings and trying to drum up work, it resulted in just one day of confirmed week and that wont pay the bills. There are a few things in the pipeline which may or may not come to fruition.

Right now I am off to update my signature once more , as I have just paid the predators, and ponder what else I can do to make some more money to throw at the debts.

Hope everyone is well and happy xxx.
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future !
    Tax £13600/13600 Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £2000.00 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 21st Sep 16, 10:18 PM
    • 3,710 Posts
    • 15,766 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    How can it be the end of September already ?

I last posted in June, where have the months gone ?

How are you all ? I really do need to get back on here regularly ( I say this all the time I know ) but I have fallen off of the wagon recently, we have had the strangest of year work wise and our income has been all over the place. I have taken my eye off the ball totally as my head seemed to be full of a zillion other things that needed doing and I wasn't really sure what to concentrate on. In the end I seem to have done a bit of everything, nothing very well and achieved little !

So...... I have to get back on track, continue to kick this debt into touch (am thinking of re reading my original diary in the hope it gives me the kick up the backside that I need ) and spring into action.

THE PG National Debt is reducing....soooooooo slowly . It never was going to be a quick fix but it feels like this has been going on forever and I am feeling a bit fed up with it. I swear my eat, sleep and dream numbers and pound signs !! .

While I have been gone, which I don't think I posted, we were successful with a Packaged Bank Account Claim. It was initially refused but I was adamant I had a strong case. I wrote to the CEO, they looked again and within three days we had £3K sitting pretty in the bank. Sadly the money was used to prop up the business and pay the mortgage, but at least it was there to do so.

In other news, DD1 was offered her first choice of Uni and I moved her in last week ! She is having the time of her life. As much as we miss her chitter chatter ( she talks alot ) as long as she is happy and excited, then I am too. She messages constantly and facetimes in the evening. I didn't want to pressure her to do so, but its been voluntary, which is nice. She said a few of the girls were homesick and she has been looking after them, but so far she is showing no signs. She is also really enjoying cooking , something which never ever happened when she was at home ! We have a bet on how many nights of Freshers she will last My bet is 2 nights, but we will wait and see !! She loves her bed so am not sure if she will manage an entire week, plus the Uni have set her a mountain of work already despite it being Freshers. Today she emailed me her timetable. In some ways I wish I didn't have it, I know I will be checking what time she starts and wondering if she is out of bed and on time ( some of you may remember that time keeping is well and truly not her forte !!) I think for my sanity, it would have been best if she kept me in blissful ignorance !!

DD2 in now in her final year of GCSEs. Its started with a bang, two weeks in she is exhausted already by the workload.

Mr PG returned yesterday from abroad where he has spent most of the summer. He arrived minus his cases which seem to have ended up in Madrid !! He did however, manage to hang onto the bag with his dirty washing in . Lucky me !!

So......as of tomorrow I need to try and do something constructive towards the debts / savings, general feelings of security etc . Things are looking very very quiet work wise, and although I have spend today in meetings and trying to drum up work, it resulted in just one day of confirmed week and that wont pay the bills. There are a few things in the pipeline which may or may not come to fruition.

Right now I am off to update my signature once more , as I have just paid the predators, and ponder what else I can do to make some more money to throw at the debts.

Hope everyone is well and happy xxx.
    Originally posted by PinotGrigio41
    Hi, I feel your pain! My dd also went off to university 10 days ago....she has freshers flu and is coming back this weekend with her washing. Have missed her a lot, but I am keeping busy with work! Am amazed you can make more money to pay debts...subsidising uni is where all my money is going!!!
    Puzz.x
    Last edited by Puzzcat; 21-09-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    Christmas 2016 £500 cash/£95 vouchers
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC 32.1% paid
    Going Self Managed March 2016
    68 MONTHS AND COUNTING.. POG - £310.00 MY DIARY -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 22nd Sep 16, 8:50 AM
    • 7,780 Posts
    • 33,455 Thanks
    lucielle
    Great to hear from you PG. We are down to one child at the moment and that's very strange.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900, Dec 08 £39782.36 Overdrafts £3100, Dec 09 £29304.84 Overdrafts £2820, Dec 10 £16449 Overdrafts £2490
    Dec 11 £12673.80 Overdrafts £1250, Dec 12 £4591 Overdrafts £400 02/02/13 new debt figure £5831.00 New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013

DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 22nd Sep 16, 8:59 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Hi, I feel your pain! My dd also went off to university 10 days ago....she has freshers flu and is coming back this weekend with her washing. Have missed her a lot, but I am keeping busy with work! Am amazed you can make more money to pay debts...subsidising uni is where all my money is going!!!
    Puzz.x
    Originally posted by Puzzcat
    Of course Puzzcat, your DD is the same age. Where did she head to after all ? Is she far away ?

Funny that you should mention Freshers Flu, I have heard from DD1 this morning and she isnt feeling too good, I have just told her that I think she has Freshers Flu. Thankfully I had packed her a bag of medicine so she is dosing herself up now.

You are probably right, I doubt if I manage to earn any extra money it will go towards debts, I am sure it will end up uni subsidising.
    Its cost a small fortune so far and it doesn't seem to be ending.
    I have been brought to my senses today when it suddenly dawned on me that she doesn't get her Maintenance Loan in one lump sum and its split termly. It doesn't even cover her rent, so I have just realised this morning that she will need an additional £800 to top up her rent payment for the first term by Saturday , in addition to her living costs Whose bright idea was this University lark ??

Thankfully she did manage to save some money throughout the summer, so she has an emergency pot if needs be.

Hope you have a lovely time seeing DD this weekend, and doing her wshing for her .
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 22nd Sep 16, 9:00 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Great to hear from you PG. We are down to one child at the moment and that's very strange.
    L
    Originally posted by lucielle
    Lovely to see you L, it must be very very quiet in your household now.
    Hope you are well xx
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    So, this morning , in my new found efforts to get back on track, I have paid an additional 87p from TTs to the loan !!
    I am feeling quite proud of myself
    • JustAboutThere
    • By JustAboutThere 22nd Sep 16, 10:27 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,922 Thanks
    JustAboutThere
    So, this morning , in my new found efforts to get back on track, I have paid an additional 87p from TTs to the loan !!
    I am feeling quite proud of myself
    You big spender, you

Lovely to see you back on the forums.

Take care.
    • brizzledfw
    • By brizzledfw 22nd Sep 16, 3:51 PM
    • 6,157 Posts
    • 29,227 Thanks
    brizzledfw
    Great to have you back Mrs PG..
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal
    New debt: £7000 0%; Savings: £1400
    Declutter 50 items before 30.09.16 42/50 **
    NSDs Target 5 for September 5/5 EBay Sales Target 30.09.16 £299/£100
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 26th Sep 16, 10:22 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Morning All,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

No massive money news this Monday morning from me, but I did make a couple of TTs over the weekend to the loan, every little helps I guess.

Mr PG was at work all weekend so it was just DD2 and I, she had various friends coming and going for noisy sleepovers etc, but she had sooo much fun that all the noise and loud singing was worth it. Thankfully they are a tidy bunch and even after they made stack of pancakes yesterday morning, I came downstairs to find a spotless kitchen. This particular group of friends can come again I have decided

Today, my plan is to try and drum up some more work, there is potentially lots on the horizon but right now its all talk and no action as it were, so we need to get some commitment soon or we could have a very tough few months ahead of us.Trying not to panic about that though and keeping everything crossed that things pick up.

I also want to put a complaint together for DD1 , as opening her Student Account has been a total nightmare. She is capable of doing the complaining herself , but I don't think she will get round to it, so I will throw together a quick letter and see if they compensate her for the hassle. If she gets an extra £50 in the pot as compensation , considering she couldnt even use her account to pay her rent over the weekend then she can use that towards her living costs. She has been really enjoying cooking for herself and each evening sends us photos of her culinary delights. She has promised to cook for me when she is home !! Watch this space I say .....

Last night I managed to pick up some free cinema tickets from the Cinema Thread on here. I used to get them back in the day when I had my original diary, but they stopped issuing them at our local cinema. For some reason I thought about it last night and was really surprised to find some tickets locally for a screening of a new movie next Monday. Mr PG looks to be around, so I have picked up three tickets for us and when I looked I have also found some for the City DD1 is now living in. I have grabbed a couple for her which I am hoping she will be pleased with. Her and a friend can have a free evening out, as long as they take their own drinks and snacks. I must remember to check back more frequently to keep an eye on anything else that may crop up.

We are hoping to see DD1 Wednesday afternoon. We have work in her direction and DD2 has a half day at school, so we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to pop in and see her for a little while. DD2 is really missing her, and has been very stressed with school, so I think it will be good for them to catch up for a few hours and for DD2 to see where her sister is living etc as she didn't come with me when I moved her in.

The house is very quiet without her, but I have noticed a significant drop in the washing and ironing and general tidying up, which I have to admit I am enjoying I'm not too sure that DD1 has tackled any laundry yet at uni, so I suspect when she comes home in a few weekends time she may just bring a black sack of dirty washing for me, we will see. I have supplied her with washing powder etc in an effort to encourage her to do her own , but I'm not convinced it will happen, but she may surprise me !!

I also have a pile of books I plan to sell, so I need to get those packed up and sent off today if possible. The money from those can go in the pot. I also have a £25 sitting in Quidco waiting for me, so I will put all of that in the Emergency Fund for now, or possibly pay it to the loan, dependent on my mood when it arrives.

I also want to check our credit score today with N00dle as I havent looked for some time. I know its appalling and noone woudl even consider lending to us right now, that wont have improved, but I woudl like to check the default dates on the accounts, as I'm sure some of them may be close to the six years now, or perhaps there is another year or so left on them. I would like an idea in my head. We are still paying token payments to them all with the interest still frozen. They seem happy for now for us to continue with this arrangement and I only occasionally hear from them, which is just how I like it

Right, off now to drum up some work and deal with some long overdue paperwork today.

Hope you all have a good and productive monday morning xx
    • brizzledfw
    • By brizzledfw 26th Sep 16, 8:46 PM
    • 6,157 Posts
    • 29,227 Thanks
    brizzledfw
    Liking the income generation opportunities there Sterling work, Mrs PG.

Free cinema tickets sound good..I rarely look and should do more frequently.

DD2 working with OH at the moment on Maths..she will definitely miss her big sis when she goes..wherever...its quiet even now as she is out babysitting. Its either full bedlam in our house it seems or freakishly quiet... nothing inbetween
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal
    New debt: £7000 0%; Savings: £1400
    Declutter 50 items before 30.09.16 42/50 **
    NSDs Target 5 for September 5/5 EBay Sales Target 30.09.16 £299/£100
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 27th Sep 16, 10:23 AM
    • 3,710 Posts
    • 15,766 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Of course Puzzcat, your DD is the same age. Where did she head to after all ? Is she far away ?

Funny that you should mention Freshers Flu, I have heard from DD1 this morning and she isnt feeling too good, I have just told her that I think she has Freshers Flu. Thankfully I had packed her a bag of medicine so she is dosing herself up now.

You are probably right, I doubt if I manage to earn any extra money it will go towards debts, I am sure it will end up uni subsidising.
    Its cost a small fortune so far and it doesn't seem to be ending.
    I have been brought to my senses today when it suddenly dawned on me that she doesn't get her Maintenance Loan in one lump sum and its split termly. It doesn't even cover her rent, so I have just realised this morning that she will need an additional £800 to top up her rent payment for the first term by Saturday , in addition to her living costs Whose bright idea was this University lark ??

Thankfully she did manage to save some money throughout the summer, so she has an emergency pot if needs be.

Hope you have a lovely time seeing DD this weekend, and doing her wshing for her .
    Hi PG,

Yep my dd got her first choice which is about an hour in the car or 2 hours by train. She has settled really well and came back this weekend to spend my money, for me to do the washing and take her to the cinema and lunch..we had a lovely few days and although I felt a little sad her leaving again knowing she is happy makes me feel better!

I have actually reduced my dmp down to token payments for the rest of the year to save the difference to pay the rent for the next year! The loan doesn't even cover that, there is a total £1600 deficit and that's before she eats!

Good luck with it all....will your dd2 also want to do uni... best start saving now..!!!!!!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2016 £500 cash/£95 vouchers
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC 32.1% paid
    Going Self Managed March 2016
    68 MONTHS AND COUNTING.. POG - £310.00 MY DIARY -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 27th Sep 16, 12:07 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Liking the income generation opportunities there Sterling work, Mrs PG.

Free cinema tickets sound good..I rarely look and should do more frequently.

DD2 working with OH at the moment on Maths..she will definitely miss her big sis when she goes..wherever...its quiet even now as she is out babysitting. Its either full bedlam in our house it seems or freakishly quiet... nothing inbetween
    Originally posted by brizzledfw
    I try Mrs B, although there's not much left to sell now !

Take a look at the cinema tickets, there were still a fair few available in lots of locations and on different dates yesterday.

Our house seems to be the same as yours, there's no in between. DD1 said last night how its becoming a bit odd now having not seen us for two whole weeks. Cant wait to pop up there on Saturday as long as it all goes to plan and spend the day with her. DD2 is missing her so much.

Glad your DD2 is able to get help from OH with her Maths, we are still paying for a tutor for DD2. My maths are nowhere up to scratch to be any sort of assistance to her and although Mr PGs are, hes not around enough at the moment to assist. DD loves her tutor though and cant wait to get there, so its a blessing really as shes very enthusiastic right now and actually enjoying doing maths ! Crazy child !! xx .
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 27th Sep 16, 6:37 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Hi PG,

Yep my dd got her first choice which is about an hour in the car or 2 hours by train. She has settled really well and came back this weekend to spend my money, for me to do the washing and take her to the cinema and lunch..we had a lovely few days and although I felt a little sad her leaving again knowing she is happy makes me feel better!

I have actually reduced my dmp down to token payments for the rest of the year to save the difference to pay the rent for the next year! The loan doesn't even cover that, there is a total £1600 deficit and that's before she eats!

Good luck with it all....will your dd2 also want to do uni... best start saving now..!!!!!!

Love Puzz. x
    Originally posted by Puzzcat
    Oh god the rent, I'm having nightmares about that !! We are just under £3K short on the rent plus living expenses. The software that she needs is £15 per month in addition to all of this.
    It will be worth it though Puzz I'm sure of it

I woudl love to start saving for DD2, she knows exactly where she wants to go and what she wants to do, has done for the last three years I think ! Sadly while we are paying for DD1 there's nothing spare for DD2, so we will just have to fly by the seat of our pants as we do with most things !

Sounds as though you had a lovely time with DD at the weekend, and its lovely she is fairly close. DD1 has informed me she is attempting the laundry tonight as she has run out of knickers, this could be interesting !!
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 27th Sep 16, 6:49 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Nothing much to report today, other than made an overpayment to the loan of £20 as I had an unexpected cheque arrive from a bank where we once held an account pre DMP. Apparently they had overcharged us interest somewhere along the line so sent us a refund cheque for £20, so I have given that to the Predators.

Work looks as though it could be picking up with a potential contract until the end of the year. So we are keeping everything crossed . Mr PG is due back tonight, so I am hoping he may have heard something more during the day today. If it comes off we will have a little bit of stability at least for the next couple of months which will be nice.

Right thats it for now, off to rustle up some dinner before collecting Mr PG later tonight from the station. All is calm and quiet here this evening, for once DD2 has no homework (she has had 26 pieces in two weeks, a little excessive in my opinion ) . She completed her first GCSE Drama Assessment today which apparently was 30% of her final GCSE, so that's done and dusted and some french was completed yesterday. Roll on July when its all over and that's us and GCSEs over forever !! Whoopee !!! xx
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 28th Sep 16, 7:04 PM
    • 3,739 Posts
    • 38,291 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Lovely Martin was on You and Yours (12.15 R4) yesterday talking about how parents are expected to contribute to their children's living costs at Uni now, as part of the way student loans are structured. It might be worth listening on iplayer if you didn't catch it when it was on, because there are hundreds of thousands of parents in the same tricky plight as you, sadly.
    Keeping it AF
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 29th Sep 16, 8:47 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Lovely Martin was on You and Yours (12.15 R4) yesterday talking about how parents are expected to contribute to their children's living costs at Uni now, as part of the way student loans are structured. It might be worth listening on iplayer if you didn't catch it when it was on, because there are hundreds of thousands of parents in the same tricky plight as you, sadly.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Thanks Honey Bear, that's really interesting, I will try and have a listen.

We expected to contribute, but its a little higher than anticipated but cest la vie ! She needs to have software at £15 per month as well in addition to the other expenses, plus obviously books and equipment so it does all start to add up. I guess once you have put one child through Uni at least you know what to expect by the time you get to number 2 !
    DD1 is more than happy to find some work, but her workload is immense already and she has a full timetable which changes weekly, leaving it pretty difficult to get employment. I think the plan is to pick up some shifts at the pub she worked in throughout the summer when she comes home which will top her up a bit. x
    • PinotGrigio41
    • By PinotGrigio41 29th Sep 16, 9:05 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 20,533 Thanks
    PinotGrigio41
    Yesterday was a lovely day.

Mr PG and I had a meeting close to DD1 and managed to pop over and see her for a few hours. Mr PG hadn't seen her for months as he was away in the summer, so it was great to see them together ! Sadly DD2 couldn't come with us so we are taking her there Saturday still so they can catch up. Its an easy journey traffic permitting.

DD looked so grown up though, but very very happy and bubbly albeit full of cold and pretty tired. Shes been burning the candle at both ends working into the night, so she can free up some time to bond with her flatmates in the evening. She said its been lovely,they often all take their laptops into the kitchen and work together bouncing ideas around which is always helpful. She ended up selling some of her freshers tickets, wasn't really her thing and seems happy to pop out occasionally ( just not every night ) and have movie nights at the the flat.

Shes doing really well with her money and eating well. I think having so many lovely shops close by is going to be a test of her willpower though, as she adores clothes and is living with a fashion student, so they have whiled away a few hours admiring the autumn clothing appearing in the shops, so far no purchases have been made !!

So onto today, this morning I have paid 54p TTs to the loan, so am feeling smug

I have to take the car to the garage as we had to limp it home last night, as all power dropped and it wouldn't go above 35 even with our foot to the floor. It happened a few weeks ago but then righted itself. We think we know whats wrong and it could be pricey. I have just had it serviced and replaced the tyres, so another bill isn't what we were hoping for. Infact we only spoke at the weekend and said we would sell the car before it started costing us money , but we cant do that now we know there's a problem, that wouldn't be fair.

Other than that we will continue to try and drum up business, work on the accounts and tackle the four black sacks of washing I brought home from DD1 last night ! They have three washing machines for the entire building and two are broken which isnt ideal. So it looks like its a job for mum !!

Have a good day xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,504Posts Today

6,092Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin