Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joylikes2shop
    • By joylikes2shop 8th Nov 13, 10:36 PM
    • 466Posts
    • 814Thanks
    joylikes2shop
    Vinyl wrapped kitchen doors 'bubbling' ??
    • 8th Nov 13, 10:36 PM
    Vinyl wrapped kitchen doors 'bubbling' ?? 8th Nov 13 at 10:36 PM
    My friends Shaker style, 'Vinyl wrapped' or (Foil wrapped ??) kitchen cabinet doors ( 8 years old) AND wardrobe doors - supplied and fitted at the same time by the same supplier- are starting to 'bubble'. The vinyl is separating from the frame beneath....

Does anyone know if this is normal for doors of this age or if they can be fixed by being heat treated or glued by the manufacturer ?
Page 3
    • redginger44
    • By redginger44 13th Mar 17, 7:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    redginger44
    I too would be interested in this as we originally had our kitchen fitted in 2013 and by 2014 all of the doors had split and have been replaced - however now one of the end panels is going again can anybody advise where I stand with this please ?
    • 3mph
    • By 3mph 14th Mar 17, 8:00 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    3mph
    Moneyistoo.... We had second nature kitchen very expensive high gloss started to bubble after 4 years supplier BKS Swansea replaced some then refused then went bankrupt then started again same name and people. I would never buy from second nature or use BKS whatever they call themselves again.
    • Spanish1
    • By Spanish1 20th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Spanish1
    Me too
    Have raised this very issue with Homebase recently on a Schreiber kitchen ordered in 2012 but delivered 2013. Assessor when they came said well you've had it since 2012, not once but all the way through the conversation. All the base units have bubbling and lifting, which she tried to say is normal wear and tear. I pointed out that (a) I was told these units could be cleaned with a cleaning product without bleach, untrue, (even the assessor said they should only be cleaned with soap and water. (b) Shreiber are supposed to offer a 15 year guarantee. Apparently the model I chose is no longer available so they are, they say looking into it. Also apparently this brand has now been sold to Argos, says it all. I am awaiting their reply to my concerns and trust they will not try to fob me off with a mismatch. What law did you take them to court under, as obviously this kitchen is not fit for the job. She even said I shouldn't steam clean the floor, and perhaps there had been a spillage on one unit, yes it is a kitchen not a display unit. I am going to be generous and give them a couple of months, otherwise I will be telling them that they replace all the doors or I will be claiming money back under VISA. but would be interested to know what rule you got in your favour.
    • Furts
    • By Furts 21st Jul 17, 2:18 PM
    • 3,319 Posts
    • 2,091 Thanks
    Furts
    Have raised this very issue with Homebase recently on a Schreiber kitchen ordered in 2012 but delivered 2013. Assessor when they came said well you've had it since 2012, not once but all the way through the conversation. All the base units have bubbling and lifting, which she tried to say is normal wear and tear. I pointed out that (a) I was told these units could be cleaned with a cleaning product without bleach, untrue, (even the assessor said they should only be cleaned with soap and water. (b) Shreiber are supposed to offer a 15 year guarantee. Apparently the model I chose is no longer available so they are, they say looking into it. Also apparently this brand has now been sold to Argos, says it all. I am awaiting their reply to my concerns and trust they will not try to fob me off with a mismatch. What law did you take them to court under, as obviously this kitchen is not fit for the job. She even said I shouldn't steam clean the floor, and perhaps there had been a spillage on one unit, yes it is a kitchen not a display unit. I am going to be generous and give them a couple of months, otherwise I will be telling them that they replace all the doors or I will be claiming money back under VISA. but would be interested to know what rule you got in your favour.
    Originally posted by Spanish1
    Would VISA refund your money? if you went into Argos and purchased the cheapest, poorest quality Bush television and it lasted five years would VISA refund your money? I do not know the answer but one has to be reasonable. You made a conscious decision to purchase a poor quality, short life span kitchen. You also seem to be saying it has been subject to moisture, bleach, steam cleaning or whatever.

Some folks might suggest you purchased cheap and then abused the product and are now complaining that after five years wear tear, and abuse, it is no longer in pristine condition.

This might be one of life's learning curve examples. You will know what to specify, and look after next time?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,040Posts Today

7,686Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin