Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 11th Oct 14, 2:44 PM
    • 3,284 Posts
    • 1,747 Thanks
    MABLE
    How about a small regular charity donation? The Red Cross (picked at random as the first charity to came into my head) don't seem to set a minimum on the first page of their online DD set up.

Even if you donated £1 a month you'd still be making a £4 profit from Halifax for doing nothing.
    Originally posted by imoneyop
    Or perhaps make it for the full £5.00 and knowing you are giving to a very worthwhile cause.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th Oct 14, 10:52 AM
    • 6,776 Posts
    • 54,818 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    No, 5 think
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    I just tried to add my M&S card to a different Paypal account, and it wouldn't let me as it's already on another Paypal.
    How do you make more DD's with Paypal and the same card/account?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • dr_adidas01
    • By dr_adidas01 17th Oct 14, 10:58 AM
    • 1,202 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    dr_adidas01
    I just tried to add my M&S card to a different Paypal account, and it wouldn't let me as it's already on another Paypal.
    How do you make more DD's with Paypal and the same card/account?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19

You can't add the same card with more than one paypal account its the same with bank accounts too. In theory your supposed to only have one personal paypal account in your name!!
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th Oct 14, 11:27 AM
    • 6,776 Posts
    • 54,818 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Ok thanks.

I set up a monthly payment to a charity too, first payment is supposed to be the 19th Oct, but it's not showing on my account.. should it be there by now or maybe I've done something wrong?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • phona
    • By phona 17th Oct 14, 3:53 PM
    • 247 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    phona
    Does a free Netflix trial count as a DD? I had to enter bank details for after the trial ends - I used my M&S one.
    Netflix uses your card, not direct debit so this won't count even after the free trial.

I set up a monthly payment to a charity too, first payment is supposed to be the 19th Oct, but it's not showing on my account.. should it be there by now or maybe I've done something wrong?
    The 19th is Sunday so the DD will come out on Monday if at all - they might not take it this month since it takes time to set up. Did it specifically say 19th October?
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 17th Oct 14, 5:22 PM
    • 7,464 Posts
    • 5,377 Thanks
    pmduk
    Some companies only show the DD after the first payment has been taken. I don't know if this is down to the bank or the company concerned
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 18th Oct 14, 10:59 AM
    • 6,776 Posts
    • 54,818 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Netflix uses your card, not direct debit so this won't count even after the free trial.

The 19th is Sunday so the DD will come out on Monday if at all - they might not take it this month since it takes time to set up. Did it specifically say 19th October?
    Originally posted by phona
    Yes, it asks you to choose either the 5th, or 19th. I did this about 1 week ago, so thought it would be enough time.

If I try to open a Tesco e-saver account and move money from M&S to that would that be pretty quick?

I'm starting to panic a little, my switch date for Co-op is 27th, but I'm sure the bloke said something about it starting on 17th. I only have 1 Paypal DD showing atm.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • B_G_B
    • By B_G_B 18th Oct 14, 11:21 AM
    • 378 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    B_G_B
    If I try to open a Tesco e-saver account and move money from M&S to that would that be pretty quick?
    Openng Tesco savings accounts from scratch was pretty quick for me. (almost instant from memory).
    But……. once opened the online system needs a minimum of 10 days to set up new direct debit mandate, and will not allow entry of an earlier date (although the setup time for the mandate, i.e. showing on sending bank account, has in practice always been approx 3-4 working days)
    So, 10 days minimum from account opening. Sorry, not what you want to hear.
    • christopherbingham
    • By christopherbingham 27th Jun 16, 8:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    christopherbingham
    You can join the SNP for £1 a month DD ! British Red Cross is minimum £2 a month
    • brenda10
    • By brenda10 27th Jun 16, 7:02 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    brenda10
    Marie curie lottery £1
    mariecurie.org.uk/lottery

A great cause.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 7th Aug 16, 7:10 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 4,337 Thanks
    badger09
    Mayghal

You need MSE's permission to post as a rep and speak on behalf of your company.
    • mandySaver12
    • By mandySaver12 18th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    mandySaver12
    Charities usually have £2 minimum Direct debits which I found a bit too steep to benefit from the £5 a month account TSB have/Halifax had.

Google found me http://www.onepounddd.com which I've been using for the last few months and has been working great for me
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 23rd Apr 17, 7:18 AM
    • 6,262 Posts
    • 3,965 Thanks
    Ken68
    My computer shows the site mentioned in post 32 is not secure.
    Run by Mayghal as mentioned in post 31.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,337Posts Today

7,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin