Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Philip624
    • By Philip624 14th Feb 08, 8:46 AM
    • 544Posts
    • 286Thanks
    Philip624
    New First Direct Referral Offer - Earn £140
    • 14th Feb 08, 8:46 AM
    New First Direct Referral Offer - Earn £140 14th Feb 08 at 8:46 AM
    I have three referrals to First Direct, sent to me as an existing customer. The rules are:

You must be a brand new customer and must open a First Account and transfer salary/income (min £1500 per month) before 30 June.

You will receive £100 incentive from First Direct. I will get £50 and will pay you £40 of this, so in total you will get £140.

Please PM me if you are interested. There may be better offers via cashback sites.
Page 11
    • Deru
    • By Deru 15th Dec 12, 12:48 AM
    • 531 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    Deru
    I also have referral cards.

Can anyone tell me if FD tell you which referral successfully got you the referral payout?

I'll give £25 for a successful application so you get £125. I will post the card out but will BACS the £25 when I get £50. Think I will do 1 for the minute until I find out whether you can identify which referral the payout relates to.

FD condition is that you pay in £1500 PM and transfer two Direct Debits. PM me if you can do this. I recommend opening a standard savings account if you not intend to pay in £1500 at a later stage, otherwise, it'll be £10 a month. The savings account waives the fee. Paying in £1500 each month does the same.
    • plunt
    • By plunt 11th Jan 13, 11:37 AM
    • 503 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    plunt
    im looking to open a first direct account and use a referral card. please pm me if you have a referral card.. and also your offer (yep, closed tendering... best offer wins!) please also have a good reputation on this forum or you will not be considered (sorry, but it is for safety!)
  • cashback789
    Please pm me with your offer if you have a referral card. I'd like to open a first direct account. Thanks.
    • khalid
    • By khalid 22nd Feb 13, 1:52 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    khalid
    Free £125
    Just joined FD using a referral card. I’ve now received three cards to hand out myself.

You receive £100 from First Direct for opening the account and meeting the criteria (see below) and a further £25 from me (50% of the referral bonus).

Criteria:
    This offer is valid for new customers who have not previously held any account with first direct, who open a 1st account and then transfer their banking using the Easyswitch service (transferring at least two Direct Debits and/or standing orders) and salary/income of at least £1,500 per month to their 1st Account before 31 December 2013. No incentive will be paid if the above conditions are not met. This offer can't be claimed in conjunction with any other joining incentive offered by first direct.

PM me your name and address if interested, thanks!
    Last edited by khalid; 22-02-2013 at 1:57 PM.
    "If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart"
    • roger_c
    • By roger_c 16th May 13, 8:09 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    roger_c
    Free £125 for shifting bank accounts!
    I’ve got three referral cards to hand out, if interested PLEASE PM ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS, thanks!

You receive £100 from First Direct for opening the account and meeting the criteria and a further £25 from me vias BACS (50% of the referral bonus) once I've received the £50.

Criteria:
    This offer is valid for new customers who have not previously held any account with first direct, who open a 1st account and then transfer their banking using the Easyswitch service (transferring at least two Direct Debits and/or standing orders) and salary/income of at least £1,500 per month to their 1st Account before 31 December 2013. No incentive will be paid if the above conditions are not met. This offer can't be claimed in conjunction with any other joining incentive offered by first direct.
    • TheEffect
    • By TheEffect 11th Jun 13, 10:45 PM
    • 2,194 Posts
    • 1,739 Thanks
    TheEffect
    I have 3 cards also and am offering £27 for you, £23 for me. PM me with name and address and I'll send you the postcard.

• chrispbug
    • By chrispbug 13th Jun 13, 7:27 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    chrispbug
    I've been with First Direct for just 5 weeks. They handled all my banking needs and today I received my £125 !
    Can't fault them at all and I would recommend First Direct to anyone... far better than HSBC my previous bank who have cause my nothing but hassle over the bank moving process
    • carotearoa
    • By carotearoa 3rd Jul 13, 7:55 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    carotearoa
    I have two referral cards left if anyone still needs one? I'll split the £50 with you as soon as it lands in my account. PM me your name and address and I'll send you a card.
    • jgallcash
    • By jgallcash 23rd Oct 13, 2:13 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    jgallcash
    First Direct Bank Referral
    Hi all,

I saw the recent newsletter once again referred to the brilliant customer satisfaction rates of First Direct Bank and now that switching only takes 7 days and was reminded that I still have a few of these referrers cards.

If anybody is interested you obviously get the £100 for joining and I will be happy to give you £30 of my bonus too making it £130.

Just drop me a pm and I can organise this for you if you like.
    Last edited by jgallcash; 24-10-2013 at 4:16 PM.
  • shaunjchapman
    EARN UP TO £120 / £20 REFERRAL HERE !

I have 3x refer a friend cards available and I will split the £50 referral I get £30 to me and £20 to you.
    First direct will also directly credit you £100.
    Please PM me if you would like a referral - I just need your name and address.
    I will send you a card by post
    You'll apply using the card and open an account. You don't have to do use their switchover process.
    Salary/income (minimum 1,000 GBP per month) has to be transferred to first direct within the first three months of the account being opened.
    Within 28 days of your salary/income being mandated to your account, your first direct 100 GBP incentive payment will credit.
    My £50 incentive will credit within a further 28 days after this.
    When my referral has credited I will PM you.
    I can BACS transfer your extra £30 or send by paypal, your choice
    Please be aware that this offer is not available to applicants who have previously banked with first direct.

Thanks
  • m00min
    Hi,

I have a couple of cards left if anyone is interested in a referral. It's currently £100 for you and £50 for me, but I'll also transfer another £20 once I have been credited, so you'll get £120 in total

PM me if interested

Conditions:
    Open a 1st Account, then transfer your banking and salary/income of at least £1,000 per month to your 1st Account using the Current Account Switch Service within three months of your account opening and we'll add £100 to your account. This offer is only available for people who haven't previously held any account with first direct and is limited to one payment per customer or joint relationship. If you opened your 1st Account before 16 September 2013, you may have used our previous 'Easyswitch' service to qualify for this payment.
  • lukekiernan
    Hello there.

I have referals available. You would obviously get the £100 as well as 50% of my referrers bonus.

So £125 for you

Please PM me if you would like to join and take advantage of this.

Thankyou

Luke
    • roger_c
    • By roger_c 11th Nov 13, 8:09 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    roger_c
    £130 if you go with me for a referral (£100 straight from First Direct) and £30 from me (one I get it from First Direct).

Please PM me if you would like to take advantage of this offer. I will need your name, address, date of birth and phone number to include on the referral postcards I've got. The postcard gets sent to First Direct and they then complete the application for an account with you directly.
    • Elefanchito
    • By Elefanchito 10th Jan 14, 2:01 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Elefanchito
    First Direct £145 joining incentive
    EARN UP TO £145 for opening a bank account with First Direct

I have 3 x First Direct recommend a friend cards available and I will split the £50 fee I get for each recommendation £30 to me and £20 to you.

First Direct will also directly credit you an additional £125 for opening an account with them, if you satisfy their requirements.

These are:

1. open an account; and

2. transfer your banking and salary/income (this can just be a faster payment for another account and doesn't need to be your salary) of at least £1,000 per month to your 1st Account using the Current Account Switch Service within three months of your account opening.

An that's it - and the £145 is yours! - Easy money!

Also don't be put off by the standard £10 a month account fee as this can be avoided easily by just paying in £1000 a month from another account (in one transaction or via any number of installments in a month which together total £1000) for just a minute and then immediately moving the money back out again via faster payment. Another way to avoid the fee is to open an Everyday E-Saver account at the same time as opening the Current Account and deposit £1 in it and leave it there on an ongoing basis.

Please PM me if you would like a recommendation - I just need your name, date of birth, address and phone number to do it. I will then send First Direct the completed recommendation card and they will call you to open the account. Alternatively, I can send the completed card to you by post and you can then send the card to First Direct to apply by post or instead apply via phone and mention the recommendation card during the application process and give them my name and details then.

Within 28 days of the first £1000 of income being mandated to your account, your First Direct £125 GBP incentive payment will credit.
    My £50 incentive will credit within a further 28 days after this.
    When my referral has credited I will PM you and can Faster Pay your extra £20 to you.

Please be aware that this offer is not available to applicants who have previously banked with First Direct.

Thanks

Elefanchito
    Last edited by Elefanchito; 10-01-2014 at 8:13 PM.
    • xkpa
    • By xkpa 9th Oct 14, 1:38 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    xkpa
    Hi all. Looking for First Direct referral. PM me the details if interested. Thank you
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 17th Oct 14, 12:47 PM
    • 8,204 Posts
    • 105,759 Thanks
    karlie88
    Hi,

If anyone would like to be referred for a First Direct account then please PM me; I will reply ASAP.

Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • jiggy2
    • By jiggy2 24th Sep 15, 2:19 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    jiggy2
    Hi,

EARN UP TO £150 for opening a bank account with First Direct

I have some First Direct refer a friend cards if anyone would like a referral.

I will split the £50 fee I get for each recommendation £25 to me and £25 to you.

First Direct will also directly credit you an additional £125 for opening an account with them, if you satisfy their requirements.

PM me if interested.

Thanks
    • starM
    • By starM 14th May 16, 8:34 PM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    starM
    First Direct Recommend a Friend
    Hi,

You may be already aware First Direct is offering £100 if you switch your banking to them. As I am First Direct existing customer I can recommend you to First Direct in which I will receive £50. Once paid I will pay you £25 from my share. So you will get in total of £125.

The account cannot be applied online. I received some postcards from First Direct. These needs to be completed and sent back to them. They will then send an application pack for you to complete.

I have done this with my other half and First Direct was really quick in sending an application pack out and responding to her application.

Further details are here and terms and conditions http://www2.firstdirect.com/1/2/friends

If anyone wants me to refer them, I will need:-

• Your full name including any middle names
    • Your address
    • Date of Birth
    • Contact telephone number

This is required on First Direct recommend a friend form.

If interested, please PM me with your details.

Regards
    MS
    • ryath
    • By ryath 21st May 16, 3:09 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    ryath
    Hi,

I have 3 postcards too. I will pay you £30 from my £50 plus you will get £100 from First Direct so a total of £130. If you are interested please PM me with the following details:-

• Your full name including any middle names
    • Your address
    • Date of Birth
    • Contact telephone number
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 25th Nov 16, 11:14 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    TheShape
    First Direct Referral
    If a friend or family member has a First Direct current account you may wish to get them to refer you but if not I will happily do so:

I received £100 when I switched an Account to First Direct.

Subject to the terms and conditions, First Direct will give you £100 for switching to them. If I refer you First Direct will also pay me £50.

They also, at the time of posting, offer a 5% fixed interest regular saving account.

To qualify you need to switch a current account to First Direct using their switching service. This does not need to be your main account. You must deposit £1000 withing three months of account opening to receive the payment.

Please PM me the following details:

Your Full Name
    Your Date of Birth
    You UK Address including Postcode
    Your Phone Number

(These details are used by First Direct to confirm your application came from my referral)

When I have received these details I can complete the referral form and let you know I have done it.

Advance thanks to anyone wishing to request a referral from me.

Once you do get your switching incentive, why not join me here to receive a bonus for referring others.

TheShape
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,294Posts Today

8,799Users online

Martin's Twitter