Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pensiongone
    • By pensiongone 23rd Oct 13, 9:59 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 70Thanks
    pensiongone
    0 WOW
    Free kindle fire HD with Daily Mail plus
    • 23rd Oct 13, 9:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Free kindle fire HD with Daily Mail plus 23rd Oct 13 at 9:59 AM
    You can get a free Kindle Fire HD with a year's subscription to Daily Mail plus for £119.88. Buying the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday every day for a year would cost £280 by my reckoning - so it seems a good deal.
    here is the link
    Plus you get a free Kindle!
    https://www.dailymailplus.co.uk/kindlefire
Page 1
    • meanbean
    • By meanbean 23rd Oct 13, 12:40 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    meanbean
    • 23rd Oct 13, 12:40 PM
    • 23rd Oct 13, 12:40 PM
    Downside is you have to read the Daily Mail

• welshee
    • By welshee 23rd Oct 13, 12:50 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    welshee
    • 23rd Oct 13, 12:50 PM
    • 23rd Oct 13, 12:50 PM
    You can get a free Kindle Fire HD with a year's subscription to Daily Mail plus for £119.88. Buying the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday every day for a year would cost £280 by my reckoning - so it seems a good deal.
    here is the link
    Plus you get a free Kindle!
    https://www.dailymailplus.co.uk/kindlefire
    Originally posted by pensiongone

good deal if you actually read the daily nail indeed
    otherwise they can be bought for the same price or cheaper with offers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Fire-HD-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B00CTVTJ4Q/ref=sr_tr_sr_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382528876&sr=8-3&keywords=kindle+fire+hd
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 23rd Oct 13, 2:17 PM
    • 2,100 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    Cotta
    • 23rd Oct 13, 2:17 PM
    • 23rd Oct 13, 2:17 PM
    What's the difference between and Kindle and a Kindle fire?
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 23rd Oct 13, 2:48 PM
    • 5,735 Posts
    • 2,371 Thanks
    roddydogs
    • 23rd Oct 13, 2:48 PM
    • 23rd Oct 13, 2:48 PM
    Its only the "Plus" not the DM paper, whch u can read online anyway.
    PS when was the KF HD reduced from £159?
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 26th Oct 13, 12:04 AM
    • 4,024 Posts
    • 3,403 Thanks
    Kite2010
    • 26th Oct 13, 12:04 AM
    • 26th Oct 13, 12:04 AM
    What's the difference between and Kindle and a Kindle fire?
    Originally posted by Cotta
    Kindle is the e-reader
    Kindle Fire is the tablet
  • chelly63
    • 3rd Nov 13, 5:41 PM
    • 3rd Nov 13, 5:41 PM
    I do read the Daily Mail as it has some really interesting articles, so when I saw this offer, I could not believe it. as buying the papers each day week, works out about £5.00, buying them by this subscription cost £9.99 a month, so already a great saving, also the online content of the Daily Mail, has a lot more, videos and the ability to view some pictures 380 degrees, and then on top of this, they were giving the latest Kindle fire HD. I choose to take up the offer and had the paper download to my Ipad, as I thought it could be a while, until the Kindle was delivered, so I was extremely surprised, when It turned up on the Tuesday, having only signed up on the Sunday, I have now transferred all my books onto the Kindle and my paper is there for me every morning at 6am, a great deal
    Chelly

OH begining Dmp 08/2006
    • custardy
    • By custardy 3rd Nov 13, 5:43 PM
    • 31,200 Posts
    • 25,736 Thanks
    custardy
    • 3rd Nov 13, 5:43 PM
    • 3rd Nov 13, 5:43 PM
    I do read the Daily Mail as it has some really interesting articles, so when I saw this offer, I could not believe it. as buying the papers each day week, works out about £5.00, buying them by this subscription cost £9.99 a month, so already a great saving, also the online content of the Daily Mail, has a lot more, videos and the ability to view some pictures 380 degrees, and then on top of this, they were giving the latest Kindle fire HD. I choose to take up the offer and had the paper download to my Ipad, as I thought it could be a while, until the Kindle was delivered, so I was extremely surprised, when It turned up on the Tuesday, having only signed up on the Sunday, I have now transferred all my books onto the Kindle and my paper is there for me every morning at 6am, a great deal
    Originally posted by chelly63
    Worth it for the extra 20 degrees alone
    • wearside
    • By wearside 5th Nov 13, 12:22 PM
    • 1,420 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    wearside
    • 5th Nov 13, 12:22 PM
    Case for the 'Free' Kindle
    • 5th Nov 13, 12:22 PM
    I have received the 'Free' Kindle Fire and am trying to find a suitable case. I purchased and then returned an Otterbox as the holes in the case did not line up with the Kindle. I then purchased a leather case off eBay (yes I know I should have known better), and this case did not line up either.
    Does anyone have any idea of a suitable case?
    To Dare is To Do
    • RED LYON LADY
    • By RED LYON LADY 9th Nov 13, 6:44 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    RED LYON LADY
    What happens at the end of the years contract,I read that it is £9.95 a month. Can you cancel the monthly contract?
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 11th Nov 13, 9:22 PM
    • 21,732 Posts
    • 61,770 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    Do you think 'older' people would be able to read the articles on the Kindle?

The in-laws read the mail (conversations with them are challenging!) and were looking at the possibility of embracing technology - this sounds like a good gift for them but I want them to be able to read it!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • carly
    • By carly 12th Nov 13, 12:34 PM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 1,196 Thanks
    carly
    Well I'm not familiar with the newer kindle models ( mine is 3 years old keyboard version ) but on mine you can increase the size of the font, so reading articles on it should be no problem
  • Tiffydiver
    Daily Mail Kindle offer
    I, too saw this offer and could find no fault with it, so took advantage of it.
    I am immensely pleased with it and find that I actually read more of the content of the paper than when I bought the hard copy. The videos are great and obviously portray far more than a picture could.

Like "wearside" I am having trouble obtaining a suitable case for this model. The 2012 model Fire HD has charging port and control buttons in a completely different place which makes their cases unsuitable. One provider wrongly advised me that my model was a HDX, so I ordered one and found it too small. My search goes on.

Doozergirl was concerned about oldies like me might have trouble reading the Kindle screen. Worry not. There is a choice of fonts and even, with the appropriate subject material, it will speak the text to you.

Hope this helps. ( No I don't have any shares in Kindle )
    • aggypanthus
    • By aggypanthus 13th Nov 13, 1:23 PM
    • 1,555 Posts
    • 1,979 Thanks
    aggypanthus
    I, too saw this offer and could find no fault with it, so took advantage of it.
    I am immensely pleased with it and find that I actually read more of the content of the paper than when I bought the hard copy. The videos are great and obviously portray far more than a picture could.

Like "wearside" I am having trouble obtaining a suitable case for this model. The 2012 model Fire HD has charging port and control buttons in a completely different place which makes their cases unsuitable. One provider wrongly advised me that my model was a HDX, so I ordered one and found it too small. My search goes on.

Doozergirl was concerned about oldies like me might have trouble reading the Kindle screen. Worry not. There is a choice of fonts and even, with the appropriate subject material, it will speak the text to you.

Hope this helps. ( No I don't have any shares in Kindle )
    Originally posted by Tiffydiver
    Do you mean it reads all the text to you?
    whats the diffference between getting this kindle and getting a Galaxy Tab?
    • aggypanthus
    • By aggypanthus 13th Nov 13, 1:25 PM
    • 1,555 Posts
    • 1,979 Thanks
    aggypanthus
    Offer ended now!
  • mr_t1
    Looks like to me that it's still valid, the link in the first post goes to the offer which still is accepting new orders and no expiry date is mentioned.

Wonder if you still get the reward codes that come with the paper?

Still great offer, especially if you a current reader.
  • mr_t1
    Do you mean it reads all the text to you?
    whats the diffference between getting this kindle and getting a Galaxy Tab?
    Originally posted by aggypanthus
    Synthesized voice iirc. A bit like a sat nav reading you the articles.

Not really much difference between Kindle Fire and Galaxy Tab - both run the Android O/S, the Fire is a little customised and tailored to purchasing products from Amazon. You can still get Amazon/Kindle apps for the Galaxy Tab though.
  • FrederickW
    dailymailplus.co.uk/kindlefire
    How do I get to order a years subscription with the Daily Mail and get a free Kindle Fir HD.
    Thank you
    Keith Nicholls
    • custardy
    • By custardy 22nd Nov 13, 3:55 PM
    • 31,200 Posts
    • 25,736 Thanks
    custardy
    How do I get to order a years subscription with the Daily Mail and get a free Kindle Fir HD.
    Thank you
    Keith Nicholls
    Originally posted by FrederickW
    The link in the 1st post is a bit of clue
  • dbr007
    My parents decided to take up this offer and received their kindle on Thursday. However my mum who's in her 70s just can't manage it. Do they have any rights to return it for a refund. My father emailed them straight away but they have not been contacted with a response and they are getting anxious!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

242Posts Today

1,265Users online

Martin's Twitter