Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KK9000
    • By KK9000 15th Oct 13, 10:02 AM
    • 250Posts
    • 153Thanks
    KK9000
    Christmas Trees on a budget - please post your xmas tree finds here
    • 15th Oct 13, 10:02 AM
    Christmas Trees on a budget - please post your xmas tree finds here 15th Oct 13 at 10:02 AM
    Tesco 6ft Highland Fir Christmas Tree - OUT OF STOCK

With a traditional look and shape, this 6ft Highland fir tree helps you create a magical atmosphere for celebrating the festive season.

Catalogue Number: 491-9059

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco-6ft-highland-fir-christmas-tree-15-tesco-1680934

Round-up from this discussion so far:

Half-price trees at Argos
    Offers online at Tesco
    Half-price artificial trees at Homebase
    £20 voucher when you buy a tree for £25 at Ikea

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 03-12-2013 at 5:57 PM.
Page 1
  • bargainhunterextra
    • 15th Oct 13, 10:28 AM
    Cheap Fibre Optic xmas Trees
    • 15th Oct 13, 10:28 AM
    Hi - I have watched this site for ages now, and had loads of great deals from it, so am sharing one that I have found (from another site)
    Cheap Argos xmas trees

only £15!!!

its on the website north east bargains (all one word) co uk and its in the clearance section (last item)

Mine worked and have seen them on ebay too and the feedback indicates that they work!

Bargain!!

Jxx
    • Birdy12
    • By Birdy12 15th Oct 13, 11:54 AM
    • 547 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    Birdy12
    • 15th Oct 13, 11:54 AM
    • 15th Oct 13, 11:54 AM
    I've just bought the Highland Fir Christmas tree from Tesco, our current (shabby) one's about 12/13 years old now!

Thought the £15 price tag was a bargain. Many thanks to Hotukdeals for the heads up on this.

Birdy
    Last edited by Birdy12; 15-10-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    It's wouldn't have not wouldn't of, shouldn't have not shouldn't of and couldn't have not couldn't of. Geddit?
    • wortblossom
    • By wortblossom 15th Oct 13, 4:58 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    wortblossom
    • 15th Oct 13, 4:58 PM
    • 15th Oct 13, 4:58 PM
    are they worth buying?
    • Birdy12
    • By Birdy12 15th Oct 13, 6:26 PM
    • 547 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    Birdy12
    • 15th Oct 13, 6:26 PM
    • 15th Oct 13, 6:26 PM
    Do you mean from a 'quality' point of view? I can't remember if the Tesco one had any reviews, might be worth checking.

Birdy
    Last edited by Birdy12; 15-10-2013 at 6:31 PM.
    It's wouldn't have not wouldn't of, shouldn't have not shouldn't of and couldn't have not couldn't of. Geddit?
    • psstoverere
    • By psstoverere 15th Oct 13, 7:44 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    psstoverere
    • 15th Oct 13, 7:44 PM
    • 15th Oct 13, 7:44 PM
    Hi - I have watched this site for ages now, and had loads of great deals from it, so am sharing one that I have found (from another site)
    Cheap Argos xmas trees

only £15!!!

its on the website north east bargains (all one word) co uk and its in the clearance section (last item)

Mine worked and have seen them on ebay too and the feedback indicates that they work!

Bargain!!

Jxx
    Originally posted by bargainhunterextra
    http://www.northeastbargains.co.uk/electrics/xmas-tree-unchecked-argos-returns-6ft-fibre-optic.html
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 15th Oct 13, 8:00 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 1,403 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    • 15th Oct 13, 8:00 PM
    • 15th Oct 13, 8:00 PM
    These are Argos Customer returns. NOT TESTED. We dont know what (if anything) may be wrong with them. If for whatever reason they dont work - its still a 6ft tree delivered for £15. We have had lots of customer feedback where they are delighted with a fully working tree.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    • lucys mum
    • By lucys mum 15th Oct 13, 9:42 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    lucys mum
    • 15th Oct 13, 9:42 PM
    • 15th Oct 13, 9:42 PM
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-6ft-highland-fir-christmas-tree/491-9059.prd?skuId=491-9059&pageLevel=&sc_cmp=aff_1018132

I'm not above putting some effort into Xmas but have a look at the link............... it's ikea with a christmas hat on
    • kendall17
    • By kendall17 15th Oct 13, 10:17 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    kendall17
    • 15th Oct 13, 10:17 PM
    • 15th Oct 13, 10:17 PM
    Anyone wanting an Argos/Homebase one in West Yorkshire, try The New Outlet At Brotherton. Picked our pre-lit one up for £6 last year and they currently have 50% off everything in store.

It is all seconds but all is tested and working, just probably the box is damaged.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 15th Oct 13, 10:31 PM
    • 9,032 Posts
    • 18,383 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    For anyone wanting a real tree.

Ikea are doing the offer again this year i.e. buy a tree for £25 and get a £20 voucher to spend in store.

They are the non-drop ones. We got one last year, it was lovely and lasted for ages.
    • psstoverere
    • By psstoverere 15th Oct 13, 11:19 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    psstoverere
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-6ft-highland-fir-christmas-tree/491-9059.prd?skuId=491-9059&pageLevel=&sc_cmp=aff_1018132

I'm not above putting some effort into Xmas but have a look at the link............... it's ikea with a christmas hat on
    Originally posted by lucys mum
    • liz-paul
    • By liz-paul 16th Oct 13, 10:50 AM
    • 895 Posts
    • 4,806 Thanks
    liz-paul
    Has anyone bought one yet? It looks suspiciously good for £15....

My current tree has to be put together in the same way - is that not usual? It's the only artificial one we've had so didn't realise they're not all like that...
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 16th Oct 13, 12:48 PM
    • 9,186 Posts
    • 31,940 Thanks
    luxor4t
    We bought a tree that had to be built in the Mr T Jan 2012 sales, and were pleased with the significant reduction. We found out the hard way in Dec 2012 that they are a pain to put together.

I'm seriously considering a different tree this year. Previously we've had the sort with branches that stay attached.

Mind, that might be us - I have dodgy grip due to arthritis and DH 's hand were in a state due to his chemo. It took us ages and we left the bottom layer off as we could not face it.
    Find Money on Your Street 2009 - date: £81.13

I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • True Blues
    • By True Blues 16th Oct 13, 1:06 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    True Blues
    I have dodgy grip due to arthritis and DH 's hand were in a state due to his chemo. It took us ages and we left the bottom layer off as we could not face it.
    Originally posted by luxor4t
    I've had a few of these types of trees and have found it easier to add the branches from the bottom up (rather than trying to hang the branches under the ones that you have already hung).

I hope that you and DH are both feeling better this time round.
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 16th Oct 13, 4:39 PM
    • 9,186 Posts
    • 31,940 Thanks
    luxor4t
    I've had a few of these types of trees and have found it easier to add the branches from the bottom up (rather than trying to hang the branches under the ones that you have already hung).

I hope that you and DH are both feeling better this time round.
    Originally posted by True Blues
    Thanks for the tip, I'm sure it will help people.

My difficulty was with the actual movement iyswim.
    Find Money on Your Street 2009 - date: £81.13

I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • arbroath lass
    • By arbroath lass 16th Oct 13, 5:19 PM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 3,762 Thanks
    arbroath lass
    I have a tree like this (not this one). It's easy enough to put together as all the rows of branches are colour coded. Does take a little time but my tree certainly looks fuller than others I've seen with attached branches.
  • Elle87
    For anyone wanting a real tree.

Ikea are doing the offer again this year i.e. buy a tree for £25 and get a £20 voucher to spend in store.

They are the non-drop ones. We got one last year, it was lovely and lasted for ages.
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    Thanks for this. what size were they and can you remember when roughly they started this offer last year?
    • pamelab21
    • By pamelab21 17th Oct 13, 11:49 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    pamelab21
    I have a tree that you put together like this (had it for about 6 years now) bit fiddly but nice and full, got it from B&Q at £70 at the time so £15 seems a bargain.
    They are good if you put the tree in the corner, don't use all the bottom branches at the back and it lets you push the tree further into the corner without it sticking out into the room so much.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 17th Oct 13, 2:55 PM
    • 9,032 Posts
    • 18,383 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Thanks for this. what size were they and can you remember when roughly they started this offer last year?
    Originally posted by Elle87
    They started on 1st december last year.

This link will give you a rough idea of what they looked like, taken from the Telegraph when they reduced them down to £1 the week before Christmas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9754606/Christmas-trees-for-1-at-Ikea.html
  • mummybearx
    We got an Ikea one last year, it was gorgeous!

We got it from the Glasgow store. They had them all out the front of the shop, some out on display, the rest were in the huge metal cages, all wrapped up in netting. You basically took one off the top of the pile, queued up and got a ticket from the guys outside, then go inside to the checkouts to pay for it and get your £20 off voucher.

But we didn't take one off the top of the pile, we searched through loads of them, opened some up to see how 'full' and bushy they were, and made sure we got a nice tall one
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

829Posts Today

5,805Users online

Martin's Twitter