Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • millionaire in training
    • By millionaire in training 12th Oct 13, 11:27 PM
    • 5,597Posts
    • 18,831Thanks
    millionaire in training
    Here we go again. LBM number a million
    • 12th Oct 13, 11:27 PM
    Here we go again. LBM number a million 12th Oct 13 at 11:27 PM
    So this is yet another diary. When am I going to learn?

In fairness I am frugal in most things but I am also very skint.

For those of you who are meeting me for the first time. I am a single Mum of 2 teenagers. DS is 15 and DD is 19. DD is an apprentice painter and decorator and DS is a computer geek. They are my life and 'most' of the time I adore them. I work full time but am trying to get a change of job just now as I am fed up and want a bit more money. I have an interview on Wednesday so we will see what happens with that.

I was doing fab with debt reduction and then very sadly my Mum died and I lost my way a bit. Recently I went on holiday, got new central heating and new flooring throughout my house and have managed to increase my debt by about £8k this year. I am sick about it but am not going to dwell on it. I prefer to just get on with it and sort myself out.

I will bore you to death with my ramblings along the way but this time I am yet again determined to succeed. I loathe paying interest so I will complain a lot about that . So hang on to my coat tails as I am ready to fly

Old diary is here- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3953941
    Total CC debt £20,971.10. £8,326.99 DFD July 2026Feb 2020Goal date 28th Feb 2017
Page 115
    • dawnybabes
    • By dawnybabes 15th Oct 16, 10:28 AM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    dawnybabes
    Hope everything is ok and the new kitchen is looking fab !!
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 6th Nov 16, 9:39 AM
    • 4,246 Posts
    • 11,629 Thanks
    Verbatim
    How are you MIT? I hope you're pleased with your new kitchen?
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • kittycatfan
    • By kittycatfan 9th Nov 16, 9:17 AM
    • 206 Posts
    • 584 Thanks
    kittycatfan
    Hi mit your doing so great well done , don't forget the pics of new kitchen would love to see it after all your hard work
    • vonph1
    • By vonph1 10th Nov 16, 12:24 PM
    • 173 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    vonph1
    You've not been posting, is everything ok?
    • millionaire in training
    • By millionaire in training 30th Nov 16, 8:19 PM
    • 5,597 Posts
    • 18,831 Thanks
    millionaire in training
    Sorry folks but between 3 jobs and builders I have not had a minute. I've also been diagnosed with sleep apnoea so last couple months have been a challenge to say the least.

My kitchen is so so so so amazing I bloody love it. Just got completed yesterday. Bathroom is looking fabulous as well. I did however end up spending about £13k so I am scared to look at my new debt totals. I do however KNOW for a fact that I can pay it off so I am not worried in the slightest. I can't get the snowball on whats the cost to work so might need to see if I can find another spreadsheet.

Will be getting a CPAP machine ASAP to help me sleep but I cannot tell you how exhausted I am. I've been tired for a couple of years but have put it down to being busy/menopausal/overweight or all of the above. Whilst on holiday with my friends in the summer though my friends were really concerned about me as I was so loud when I was sleeping and also frequently stopped breathing. Consultant has said that I will feel a massive improvement. I was beginning to think I was just lazy, so am relieved to get a diagnosis and hopefully get myself fixed. I'll be like superwoman.

So just a short visit as I am heading off to bed soon as I am knackered lol. Hope everyone is well xx
    Total CC debt £20,971.10. £8,326.99 DFD July 2026Feb 2020Goal date 28th Feb 2017
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

546Posts Today

3,536Users online

Martin's Twitter