Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mellyloo
    NUS McDonalds Discount
    • 10th Oct 13, 5:22 PM
    NUS McDonalds Discount 10th Oct 13 at 5:22 PM
    So, I was studying hard and felt a bit peckish so I tried using my shiny new NUS card today for the McDonalds discount that they list on the NUS website and app that you can have a free medium fries with purchasing a big mac or mcchicken sandwich.

I was told they you can only have this deal when buying at least a medium meal so I couldn't have it. It doesn't say this anywhere on the NUS website at all in the terms and conditions so I'm a bit confused. Also confused as to why a lone student would want to buy a medium meal and an additional Big Mac that would come with a free medium fries. I mean, I can get hungry, but I don't think I could manage all that! When I questioned them about it and showed them the NUS deal on my phone app, they just repeated that I could only have it if I bought a medium meal (this from the manager too).

The other confusing thing is that on the McDonalds website - they actually list a totally different student deal which seems to make more sense with the buying a medum meal thing - which gives you a free cheeseburger, hamburger or mcflurry WHEN purchasing a meal.

WTF? confused NUS - sort it out!

Anyway, anyone else had this problem? I'm waiting for a reply from NUS so will post here when I get one. I just want my Big Mac and free fries!!!
    Last edited by mellyloo; 10-10-2013 at 5:26 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

268Posts Today

1,369Users online

Martin's Twitter