Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • steve2361
    • By steve2361 7th Oct 13, 9:57 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    steve2361
    Usin a sipp to invest in cape verde
    • 7th Oct 13, 9:57 PM
    Usin a sipp to invest in cape verde 7th Oct 13 at 9:57 PM
    Hi

I have recently been contacted by a company called Global Choice who are "selling" me the idea of transferring my pension fund into a sipp (?) and buying a propety in Cape Verde. The figures he quoted on the return seemed too good to be true ( av 19.6% pa)
    I haven't got a clue really what to do , the returns look good but as for checking this company and the one in Cape Verde : The Resort Group out I wouldn't know where to start.
    He assured me my money would be safe as its covered by HMRC regulations . Is this tru does anyone know ? Has anyone had dealings with this/these companies.

I am trying to get as much information as I can so I can make an informed decision on what to do .

Thanks in advance for any replies/help anyone can give me

Steve
Page 3
    • bigfreddiel
    • By bigfreddiel 31st Aug 16, 7:52 PM
    • 4,057 Posts
    • 1,858 Thanks
    bigfreddiel
    I cannot believe anyone falls for cold calls, once in a lifetime opportunities etc, etc

Doesn't anyone use common sense anymore, or read the press?

Well I guess not, but it still amazes me!

Cheers fj
    • coyrls
    • By coyrls 31st Aug 16, 8:33 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    coyrls
    I cannot believe anyone falls for cold calls, once in a lifetime opportunities etc, etc

Doesn't anyone use common sense anymore, or read the press?

Well I guess not, but it still amazes me!

Cheers fj
    Originally posted by bigfreddiel
    Amazing isn't it, you'd think they would listen to the experts wouldn't you? Wouldn't you?
  • jamesd
    "We are the experts sir. This is why we can offer such good investment gains".

Last time I got a call like this I asked the sales person if they were interested in getting 10% tax exempt from a legitimate UK investment. Next time I may mention investing in care homes. Same thing, a VCT. If they don't bite on that maybe they will go for student accommodation in Cardiff at 12% taxable. A P2P property development loan.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 1st Sep 16, 9:32 AM
    • 1,167 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    Malthusian
    Last time I got a call like this I asked the sales person if they were interested in getting 10% tax exempt from a legitimate UK investment. Next time I may mention investing in care homes. Same thing, a VCT. If they don't bite on that maybe they will go for student accommodation in Cardiff at 12% taxable. A P2P property development loan.
    Originally posted by jamesd
    "We're well acquainted with P2P websites sir... no, we never loan money on them..."
    • Darren Cooke
    • By Darren Cooke 15th Oct 16, 9:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Darren Cooke
    Ban the cold calls that start these scams
    The company highlighted in this thread and the BBC panorama programme that featured them prompted me to start a petition to ban cold calls for pensions and investments

Sorry I'm not allowed to post the link so you will need to go to

Petitions.parliment.uk and search for Cold Calling

Please sign up and pass it on through social, media, email etc for your friends and colleagues to sign as well
    • DesG
    • By DesG 16th Oct 16, 11:24 AM
    • 1,219 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    DesG
    The company highlighted in this thread and the BBC panorama programme that featured them prompted me to start a petition to ban cold calls for pensions and investments

Sorry I'm not allowed to post the link so you will need to go to

Petitions.parliment.uk and search for Cold Calling

Please sign up and pass it on through social, media, email etc for your friends and colleagues to sign as well
    Originally posted by Darren Cooke

There is already a thread on here for the petition:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5529558
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

82Posts Today

3,764Users online

Martin's Twitter