Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 18th Sep 13, 1:28 AM
    • 23,348Posts
    • 9,200Thanks
    forgotmyname
    BT rep maybe? Who is 08005875290 ?
    • 18th Sep 13, 1:28 AM
    BT rep maybe? Who is 08005875290 ? 18th Sep 13 at 1:28 AM
    As the title. Who are 0800 587 5290 ??

Had several calls at all hours. Answerphone got it 1st message about calling an 0844 number and going to bt.com/smstext to disable text services.

I have been on the TPS for a long time and also disabled my SMS service on my line.
    I double checked and called the automated BT number and it says SMS messages are disabled on this number. So its active

As i googled the number the phone rang with an indian guy who didnt have a clue why he phoned me.
    Asked him who he was calling who did he want to speak to and he err'd and tried to think of a name. H....eerrr...

Bought some new phones that block withheld and unknown numbers as well as international.
    So hopefully thats a load of the spam/scam calls stopped dead.

Can the BT rep confirm is this is a BT number? And for some reason its bypassing my SMS block.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Page 2
    • JKFQR
    • By JKFQR 9th Sep 16, 10:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JKFQR
    0800 5875290
    I received a call from this number also it leaves an SMS message, very garbled and unintelligible. I worked out from some of the numbers I could hear that it is from Hermes re a Boots.com delivery due today. Hope that helps everyone wondering who the call is from.
    • oldharryrocks
    • By oldharryrocks 9th Sep 16, 6:50 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    oldharryrocks
    I received a call from this number also it leaves an SMS message, very garbled and unintelligible. I worked out from some of the numbers I could hear that it is from Hermes re a Boots.com delivery due today. Hope that helps everyone wondering who the call is from.
    Originally posted by JKFQR
    If you read the thread your see its a Landline Text Delivery number.Its normally triggered when a text is sent to a landline.The Text could be from anybody not just Hermes.
    Last edited by oldharryrocks; 09-09-2016 at 6:52 PM.
    • macloud
    • By macloud 13th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    macloud
    I also had a call just now from 0800-5875290 suggesting I have an SMS message waiting on 084...........etc., so 'Press 1 to listen .. etc'. I just put the phone down; there are enough scams out there to bankrupt us all.

But, wait a minute, I now hear folks saying it is from BT, but I am not a BT customer !

What's going on ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,699Posts Today

6,271Users online

Martin's Twitter