Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 17th Sep 13, 9:49 AM
    • 3,144Posts
    • 16,242Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...
    • 17th Sep 13, 9:49 AM
    Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free... 17th Sep 13 at 9:49 AM
    Hi,

I'm Puzz, and I've been hanging around these dfw threads and diaries for a long time now... I've tried many times to sort out the money mess I have made but have now hopefully settled on a path that will lead me to where I wish to be...

What I don't know is how I didnt' know about DMP's before, as I say I've been here for at least 5 years if not longer and only discovered them in my darkest place back in July.

So this diary is to track my progress, keep me in check and maybe offer someone else some assistance along my way!

I have been in debt my entire adult existance. I am now the wrong side of 40 and still in debt. I wouldn't say I've had my head in the sand as I can tell you exactly how much I owe and to who at any given time. I have this all written in my special money book that goes back to 2008..

The debt has increased year on year, but slowly over the last 3 until this summer when it all caught up with me again and I realised that I had to do something now. I have tried snowballing but never had enough snow to throw the ball far enough away! And don't talk to me about consolidating.....

Stumbling across the dmp mutual support thread, I then researched debt management plans and went onto StepChange website did the debt remedy.. and there was my answer. I have read threads 7,8 and 9 of the dmp support thread, it is a wonderful place and if you are thinking of a dmp it is a great place to start.

My debt is huge and is going to get bigger before it gets smaller which is perfectly normal at the start of a dmp. I'm still at the sending letters and token payments stage, my new bank account is up and running and my salary switch is at the end of the month. It is at this point when my largest creditor (od/loan and cc) will be receiving the news that I don't want to do this anymore.

I spent the money I don't deny that. I have every intention of paying it back. BUT... I have paid out a fortune in interest and I no longer feel guilty that I can't do it anymore. I will be working very hard to get my creditors to play nice with me, and am more than prepared to sharpen my claws and involve the FOS when needed.

So that's the start.. I know a dmp isn't for everyone, I know it will trash my credit record, but I don't want credit anymore. I want to live again..

I think that's enough waffle for one morning, and being a cat its probably time I stretched out and had a little kip... oops no I've got work to do.... maybe later...

Christmas 2017 £550 cash/£109 vouchers
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC 41% paid £4k UE
    Going Self Managed March 2016
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
Page 69
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 21st Aug 17, 8:53 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Great news about the cat. I hope he'll have a really good and loving home. Like you, I love a happy ending especially where stray cats are concerned.

Good news all round for you at the moment, it's great to hear everything us going well

I'm very envious about your tomato crop as ours are growing well now but very few have ripened yet. I hope it won't be a repeat of one summer when had bowls of the things ripening on every available surface in several rooms. The runner beans though are a different story. After worrying that they weren't producing any beans when you'd been harvesting yours for weeks, ours have now gone rampant. We've been eating them practically every evening for weeks now (more than necessary according to OH, I think he'd be in heaven if I cooked something like broccoli for a change)) and yesterday he brought in 2 big 'bags for life' absolutely full of beans for me to freeze.

I'm glad Cabot told you the debt is currently unenforceable because they can't locate the paperwork. Robinson-Way are having problems producing anything on my former Tesco account. I've been waiting over 2 months since their last update that they were still looking for it so I'm hoping No News Is Good News. I'm not paying anything in the meantime though.

I have paperwork come back from 2 creditors which they say is compliant but, like you, I'm a bit dubious. According to someone on the DMP support thread all MBNA debts pre 2007 are unenforceable but I've been on the AAD site and it says it's the MBNA Virgin card debts that are unenforceable, not ALL MBNA debts. I'm going to upload my paperwork when I get my **** into gear though. I've no intention of paying anything I don't need to, especially when I think of the obscene amount of interest these predators have charged over so many years. Good Luck with your NatWest paperwork.
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 21-08-2017 at 8:56 PM.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-Oct: £4500 ish
    Signing off for 2017, already smashed my year's target
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £3733.00/£5000.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Balance now: £15841
    . Getting there. Balance so out of date, must update asap!
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 24th Aug 17, 12:18 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    at cbc... you can pass some of those runners over to me if you like....!! I did have enough for my dinner last night and have frozen some but could always do with more...

I have scanned my paperwork for my cca request over to a*d, it doesn't matter how much I read on what should be included I still can't make head nor tail of it.. Hopefully they will have a look and confirm either way...!!

The cab*ot one that is currently unenforceable due to lack of paperwork is actually 10% of my remaining debt.. but I won't remove it or change the % until I can either do a f & f or 6 years of non payments have occurred.. at the moment it has fallen off my credit report, not sure why but hey....

Once I have a reply from a*d, I will then cca the last 3...

Not much other news.. I am off tomorrow and think the plan is to go to dd's new house. so off on the train/buses/walk...etc....

Limited money... payday next Tuesday.. still won't be any spare mind...!

OH was suppose to be away for the weekend but its been cancelled.. he also failed to tell me before I went and did the food shop..

Off to the office shortly, with another bag of tomatoes...

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 24th Aug 17, 2:29 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I have scanned my paperwork for my cca request over to a*d, it doesn't matter how much I read on what should be included I still can't make head nor tail of it.. Hopefully they will have a look and confirm either way...!!

Love Puzz. x
    Originally posted by Puzzcat
    Snap!. Everyone keeps going on about the 'prescribed terms' but, despite wasting spending hours reading up on it, I still haven't a clue exactly what these are

Well done on sending your stuff over for them to look at. I've had my CCA paperwork for weeks and still haven't got round to doing it. You put me to shame

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 26th Aug 17, 4:37 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Snap!. Everyone keeps going on about the 'prescribed terms' but, despite wasting spending hours reading up on it, I still haven't a clue exactly what these are

Well done on sending your stuff over for them to look at. I've had my CCA paperwork for weeks and still haven't got round to doing it. You put me to shame
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    No reply from them yet. I am very impatient.. I can't even start a diary on the site as it won't load properly on my pc.. patience puzzcat......
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 26th Aug 17, 4:42 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Happy Saturday...

Well all plans changed so far this weekend..

We didn't go to dd's new house yesterday as by the time I looked to buy train tickets we had missed the cheaper advanced cost so will go another day..instead we pottered round the big superstores and picked up a few bits she will need..at least the list isn't as long as last year...!!!

Also was suppose to attend a family thing this afternoon.. didn't mind the family but not in a sociable mood really and lots of small children would have been in attendance... So have stayed at home and fluffed about..!!!

Tomorrow is defrost freezer number 2.. and then sort them out and eat all the food that is left.....

dd and I will probably go off for a wander round different supermarkets because there are things we like from one and not the other.. well that is the current plan.. of course if may all change again...

Nothing exciting to report.. apart from I have runners for dinner again tonight..

Puzz.x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 30th Aug 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Happy Hump Day...

You have to love a bank holiday which then makes for a nice short week..

Payday been and gone... have done some of my potting but this will be a costly couple of weeks so I am keeping some back for now..!

Received 2 creditor letters yesterday.. my m & s has been sold on, but they are happy to keep to the same arrangement.. umm... no you can have a £5 as well.. another £23 a month into my f&f's pot... sent email this morning with updated i & e so will wait to hear from them..

The other was my R*S card which was being managed by wesc*t and is still managed by wes*ot but now owned by cab*ot..

I haven't cca'ed either of these yet so that will be a job for another day..

Word back from the lovely chap at aad thinks my n*twest looks UE... interesting, he is going to give me more info later...

I did manage to defrost freezer number 2 at the weekend, despite feeling quite unwell Sunday/Monday and Tuesday.. feel a bit brighter today but my sleep is dreadful.. cup of tea at 3am.... think I am going into worry mode for dd's return although she seems quite calm compared to last year..!!!

Need to book some days off so we can go and collect keys and visit the house/shop/haircut etc etc.. think I will be poor this month...

Right best get on with some work, whilst waiting for OH's new phone to be delivered then I can go and visit my lovely colleagues in the office.. (well some of them are lovely....)

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 30th Aug 17, 2:57 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Sorry you've been feeling unwell, Puzz. Worry can do strange things to our physical health, can't it? I hope you'll be feeling tip-top very soon. Here's some nice hot tea to give you a boost. Always works for me.

Cabot have bought my RBS debt and Wescot are continuing to manage it. Sadly, that one is enforceable but maybe now it's sold they might be amenable to a F&F offer as soon as I scrape the finds together.

Great news on the news from AAD. I hope it has a really happy outcome money-wise. Needless to say I still haven't contacted them about my dubious supposedly enforceable debt. You put me to shame with your get-up-and-go especially with everything else you have going on in your life. It's Procrastinators R Us as far as I'm concerned, there's always tomorrow

Runner beans still running amok. At least I've got my **** into gear enough to keep freezing them as soon as OH staggers in with the latest crop

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 6th Sep 17, 10:50 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Happy Hump Day....

Lovely Mother had her op yesterday and then rang me at 8am this morning to say her face was all swollen and she couldn't see out of her eye... I wisely suggested she contact the hospital and discuss with them.. I think she forgets that we are not all medically trained.... my lovely father has come to the rescue again and is on standby to assist if needed.. I had offered for her to stay with us, but with me working and dd sleeping, she wouldn't really have much company.. plus we are finally off tomorrow to pick up dd's keys and I have booked and paid for the train tickets in advance..

So not sure if I am going to get a house guest later....

Have sent my new i & e to 3 creditors.. oops then discovered it was wrong by £20.. but none have come back to me yet.. it now means I am only paying off a paltry £40 a month..... but will allow me to save a bit more each month for those longed for f & f's....

No word back from the a*d about the cca I sent them, have finally managed to post on the site so hope to hear something soon.. this debt funnily enough has now been sold to cab*t....

Have a bit of overtime this weekend so a few extra pennies for the savings.... Still spending getting ready for uni, but luckily no where near as much as last year..!!

That's about all I have to report. best get on with my work....

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 6th Sep 17, 12:13 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I hope all goes well with your Mother and that she recovers well. It must have been a very anxious time for you all and obviously still is. Big hugs to all.

Still eating runner beans at every opportunity. OH says he's sick of them, he's desperate for something like broccoli or cabbage for a change. No chance, I'm not spending money on veg when we can have as much as we can eat for free. A friend said he's already dug up his plants as they have finished producing. Ours were quite late to start this year and there's still masses of red flowers on them so I hope we'll be picking lovely beans for a while yet. Pity the tomatoes haven't been so prolific. A big disappointment this year

I'm on a mission to get claims in for unfair charges and fees from lots of financial companies. It's costing me a fortune in printing and posting costs but I hope it will be worth it in the end, at least as far as some of the moneygrabbers are concerned. I live in hope. Of course, this is stopping me getting to grips with my potentially unenforceable debts but as they are only getting £1 a month token payments anyway there's no real rush. Any excuse not to bite the bullet and chase them up eh?

My heart was in my mouth yesterday morning when a Tesco van ran into the back of my correctly stopped car in a queue of traffic at a road junction in a torrential downpour. My rear lights were on and everything and it's a fairly big car so I can't imagine why he didn't see me. Both got out in the torrential rain to inspect for damage but miraculously there wasn't any. His vehicle had massive plastic bumpers etc to cushion any impact. Could have been a whole lot worse but the embarrassment of all the cars behind us hooting was bad enough.

Have a good week, what's left of it

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 8th Sep 17, 9:50 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    I hope all goes well with your Mother and that she recovers well. It must have been a very anxious time for you all and obviously still is. Big hugs to all.

Still eating runner beans at every opportunity. OH says he's sick of them, he's desperate for something like broccoli or cabbage for a change. No chance, I'm not spending money on veg when we can have as much as we can eat for free. A friend said he's already dug up his plants as they have finished producing. Ours were quite late to start this year and there's still masses of red flowers on them so I hope we'll be picking lovely beans for a while yet. Pity the tomatoes haven't been so prolific. A big disappointment this year

I'm on a mission to get claims in for unfair charges and fees from lots of financial companies. It's costing me a fortune in printing and posting costs but I hope it will be worth it in the end, at least as far as some of the moneygrabbers are concerned. I live in hope. Of course, this is stopping me getting to grips with my potentially unenforceable debts but as they are only getting £1 a month token payments anyway there's no real rush. Any excuse not to bite the bullet and chase them up eh?

My heart was in my mouth yesterday morning when a Tesco van ran into the back of my correctly stopped car in a queue of traffic at a road junction in a torrential downpour. My rear lights were on and everything and it's a fairly big car so I can't imagine why he didn't see me. Both got out in the torrential rain to inspect for damage but miraculously there wasn't any. His vehicle had massive plastic bumpers etc to cushion any impact. Could have been a whole lot worse but the embarrassment of all the cars behind us hooting was bad enough.

Have a good week, what's left of it
    Hi cbc,

You have had an eventful week, good news on no damage to the car. And hope all goes well with the reclaims..

I am jealous of your glut of runners. I have another harvest to pick.. when its not raining but think I am nearly at the end of them now.. tomatoes.. well they just keep coming....

Have a good weekend..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 8th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    So..

Friday... always good.. I am absolutely shattered today having travelled up and back to dd's new home by PT... about 2 1/2 hours each way.. exhausting.. we were both up for an early night last night.... The house is sweet, I am sure it will look lovely when all the girls are in with there girly junk.. dd had a choice of 2 rooms and picked the smaller one at the back of the house as the front appeared quite noisy... will be going down I believe with OH and van next weekend for her to move in... I did notice they don't have a freezer.. dd eats from the freezer so looks like I have another purchase to make unless all the girls want to share the cost.. will wait and see...So the cost of the day... £70 and that was with cheap train tickets.. add on bus and oyster fares, sandwich lunch and a naughty fish & chip supper on the way home.... good job we don't plan to do it too often....

CCA News..

Well I have been informed by the aad that the Natw*st cca received is unenforceable.... Now this is a whopping £8900 debt, my second largest.. now I am just a little unsure what to do next.. The debt has literally just been sold on to ca*ot... They suggest I do nothing but then it looks like I am ignoring the debt as ca*ot won't know that the cca is apparently ue.. I will subscribe to aad soon so I can access all the template letters. am just thinking on this one at the minute...

I currently have 1 debt that they are unable to supply paperwork for so definitely UE for now anyway that is £4148... and if this one is as well that would bring my total UE debts to £13125... leaving me with a current dmp balance of £26612 Bearing in mind we started at £60062.... but for now I shall leave my totals as they are...

I will do cca letters for the other 3 debts at the weekend or next week..... its a complicated business you know..!!

Suppose to be working today but am so tired I really didn't want to get out of bed when the alarm went off.. Hope to get a lie in tomorrow...

No plans for the weekend except a little bit of work and getting to see LM.. must call her as haven't spoken to her since Wednesday...

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 8th Sep 17, 10:41 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    So..

#CCA News..

Well I have been informed by the aad that the Natw*st cca received is unenforceable.... Now this is a whopping £8900 debt, my second largest.. now I am just a little unsure what to do next.. The debt has literally just been sold on to ca*ot... They suggest I do nothing but then it looks like I am ignoring the debt as ca*ot won't know that the cca is apparently ue.. I will subscribe to aad soon so I can access all the template letters. am just thinking on this one at the minute...

I currently have 1 debt that they are unable to supply paperwork for so definitely UE for now anyway that is £4148... and if this one is as well that would bring my total UE debts to £13125... leaving me with a current dmp balance of £26612 Bearing in mind we started at £60062.... but for now I shall leave my totals as they are...

I will do cca letters for the other 3 debts at the weekend or next week..... its a complicated business you know..!!

Love Puzz. x
    Brilliant news about the unenforceable debt and a whopper of one too. Well done for persisting..

The AAD website is wonderful isn't it, such a mine of information which me, being me, has failed to act on yet. I really must do better after your success especially where saving money is concerned. You put me to shame. Please keep us posted about what you do next.

Can I be cheeky and ask if Niddy (from AAD) gave you the exact reason why the debt is unenforceable please? The paperwork for my biggest (with Lloyds) for about £7200 at the last count seems a bit iffy to me but I can't really understand what the 'prescribed terms' that we are supposed to have are. I feel such a numpty sometimes, having to ask people to explain. Not only is this my biggest debt but I'd really like to get back at Lloyds for so much hassle over the years. Plus, the cover letter they sent with the CCA info was so high-handed basically saying that what they sent fully complies with the request and they would not enter into any further discussion on the subject. Yeah, right! They'll damn well have to if it turns out to be unenforceable after all.

I was getting a bit disillusioned that my debt balance wasn't reducing now I'm on a £1 token payments mission so I have deducted the total amount of the unenforceable debts from the total balance in my signature. It's definitely 'creative accounting', I think that's the term for massaging the figures, but has made me feel a whole lot better. It seemed very strange and wrong to do it but it gave me a real boost. I'll obviously try to negotiate a silly F&F with them, although sourcrates on the DMP Support thread suggests just walking away from unenforceables. I'm such a wimp and don't think I could ever do that. I'm not paying anything at all to these debts at the moment. One of the enforceables administered by Wescot has recently been sold to Cabot so if Wescot sell their other one, the Lloyds one which I'm praying is unenforceable after all, I may get away with paying a very small F&F on it especially if it really is unenforceable. I'm building up a healthy fund to pay these off with when the time is right thanks to a PPI payment and possibly some future repayment of charges etc. I live in hope.
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 08-09-2017 at 10:43 AM.

• carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 8th Sep 17, 10:50 AM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    So..

Friday... always good.. I am absolutely shattered today having travelled up and back to dd's new home by PT... about 2 1/2 hours each way.. exhausting.. we were both up for an early night last night.... The house is sweet, I am sure it will look lovely when all the girls are in with there girly junk.. dd had a choice of 2 rooms and picked the smaller one at the back of the house as the front appeared quite noisy... will be going down I believe with OH and van next weekend for her to move in... I did notice they don't have a freezer.. dd eats from the freezer so looks like I have another purchase to make unless all the girls want to share the cost.. will wait and see...So the cost of the day... £70 and that was with cheap train tickets.. add on bus and oyster fares, sandwich lunch and a naughty fish & chip supper on the way home.... good job we don't plan to do it too often....

Love Puzz. x
    The trip to DD's house sounds very tiring but reassuring too. I'm really pleased that she's found such a lovely place to live. I hope she'll be very happy there. Let's hope your wish that the others will want to contribute to the freezer comes true. Maybe one of the others will have parents who supply one. I'd bide my time a bit if I were you. No use spending money unless really essential. Having said that, when I was a student we didn't even have a fridge never mind a freezer and we survived. We ate pretty well and never had food poisoning. Frozen food wasn't the norm in those faraway days though

• carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 8th Sep 17, 12:01 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Sorry, Puzz, for clogging up your thread. I just need a bit of help on the AAD situation and I know you're the gal to help

I signed up weeks ago and, spurred on by your success, have just been on there to try to start the ball rolling asking for help and uploading my CCA paperwork. I've had no success at all so far. I'm not very techy though and am obviously doing something wrong

The link to upload something to Niddy doesn't work. I just get 'Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message'. I haven't contacted them for help yet as I assume it's something I should be able to suss out myself.

Did you have to start a Diary first? I don't find the site instructions very easy to fathom. Obviously, I'm not asking for your username or anything personal, just advice on whether I have to go through a Diary-starting process first. Also, did you do all your communicating via the free part of the site or did you take out a subscription? I don't mind paying if necessary, after all you have to speculate to accumulate as the saying goes.

Sorry to be so obtuse as I know what a busy life you lead but any advice that might get my **** into gear would be priceless.

Thank you
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 08-09-2017 at 3:25 PM.

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 8th Sep 17, 12:34 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Sorry, Puzz, for clogging up your thread. I just need a bit of help on the AAW situation and I know you're the gal to help

I signed up weeks ago and, spurred on by your success, have just been on there to try to start the ball rolling asking for help and uploading my CCA paperwork. I've had no success at all so far. I'm not very techy though and am obviously doing something wrong

The link to upload something to Niddy doesn't work. I just get 'Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message'. I haven't contacted them for help yet as I assume it's something I should be able to suss out myself.

Did you have to start a Diary first? I don't find the site instructions very easy to fathom. Obviously, I'm not asking for your username or anything personal, just advice on whether I have to go through a Diary-starting process first. Also, did you do all your communicating via the free part of the site or did you take out a subscription? I don't mind paying if necessary, after all you have to speculate to accumulate as the saying goes.

Sorry to be so obtuse as I know what a busy life you lead but any advice that might get my **** into gear would be priceless.

Thank you
    Hi cbc,

Any excuse for me to go later into the office...

Right I scanned my documents onto my pc and then sent them by email. On the website I went to aad forum, unenforceable checking agreements, document checking and then emailed them via the webmaster email address. I did start a diary, not hard to find with my username.. I haven't paid to subscribe yet but I will to access the template letters to send to the creditor/dca... My debt was UE because of the prescribed terms, I won't go into detail here just in case.... but Niddy will tell you what's wrong if something is...

Hope this helps.. now puzz off to work...

puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 12th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Hi cbc,

Any excuse for me to go later into the office...

Right I scanned my documents onto my pc and then sent them by email. On the website I went to aad forum, unenforceable checking agreements, document checking and then emailed them via the webmaster email address. I did start a diary, not hard to find with my username.. I haven't paid to subscribe yet but I will to access the template letters to send to the creditor/dca... My debt was UE because of the prescribed terms, I won't go into detail here just in case.... but Niddy will tell you what's wrong if something is...

Hope this helps.. now puzz off to work...

puzz. x
    cbc.. did you manage to do it...????
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 12th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Good Morning...

So the weekend disappeared in a flash and we are now on the countdown for dd to move homes.. The difference in our moods this year to last is amazing... I know I am still going to miss her dreadfully but as she is excited this year it makes all the difference... I hope....!!!! So we are knee deep in packing and shopping and sorting paperwork, banking etc etc.. busy busy.. I don't really have time for that work stuff...!!!!

Did manage my little bit of overtime at the weekend and we did some shopping and got some bits crossed off the list.. today we are off to the hairdressers well dd is, I can't afford mine yet.... and then some more shopping... and then I am off again on Friday to do yet more shopping......

My poor bank account......I am so glad I have my saving pots..!!!

I have done my cca's for the last 3 debts and will post today, also done the letter for the debt that a*d say is ue.. I am going to keep paying this one for now, just curious to see what they come back with.. had to pay £10 to join the site to access the correct letter but will be worth it if it saves me £8900.....

Still haven't seen LM... Must try to fit her in this week as well as everything else.... its all a juggling act.. hopefully come next Tuesday it will all settle down and I can catch up with myself.. and everyone else..!!!

Right best go try to get dd awake.. she is a sleepy slug...!!!

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 15th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Friday... and a day off for me....

So dd's hair done.. £40.. new passport applied for £72.50... bus pass to buy... £132...new coat £52... mirror for room in new house £29.99....and shopping today....

Still using pot money and have some pennies still in the bank.. after Monday when we deliver dd I hope to have a cheap run to payday..!!!

Nothing exciting to report, just getting everything sorted for Monday and then time to concentrate on LM, work and me.. !

No socials booked at the moment, will organise something with my girls probably for the beginning of next month we shall see.. then off to Ireland with LM mid October.. have some euro's already and some pennies in city break pot...

Autumn appears to have arrived suddenly and its getting quite chilly in the evenings now... brr... socks and jumpers everyone. the heating isn't going on yet..!!

Still picking tomatoes.....

Have a good weekend..
    Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 15th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 4,139 Posts
    • 23,251 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    cbc.. did you manage to do it...????
    Thanks a million for the information, Puzz, especially if it made you late for work

Yes, I found it OK but still haven't done anything. Now there's a surprise. I'm having problems scanning documents, my technology is ancient and I don't think all the multi-functions work with this newer laptop. I can print OK and copy but am unable to scan. Maybe I need to try to update the driver. I keep putting off anything even slightly techie. Must do better.

I think Niddy is away on his hols at the moment anyway. I probably need to post something on the thread first and/or start a diary, something I don't need to scan documents for. Then I can email the documents to him when I get things working.

On the plus side, a PPI claim is nearing the time they gave me for the likely verdict. Keeping my fingers well and truly crossed as it's from the same bank that upheld my other one and this is pretty much the same type of thing. Won't make me rich but every little helps towards my F&F fighting fund

Oh yes, still eating and freezing runner beans. The gales earlier in the week made some of the canes keel over a bit but OH secured them again and none of the plants were killed off. OH brought 4 ripe tomatoes in yesterday, the sum total of the crop for the past week and that's over all the plants
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 15-09-2017 at 12:27 PM.

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 19th Sep 17, 1:40 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    So...... dd is now settled into her rented house...

All went well, met 2 of her housemates they seem very nice and she seem's very happy. We have texted/spoken/what's app quite a few times but not in any i'm sad/lonely/depressed way.. She sent one saying she''s a very happy girl which makes for a happy mum...!

A rather spendy day for me mind... £132 for the 3 month bus ticket and £150 for the freezer.. She needs one, and I had the money so have ordered it for delivery on Thursday.. One of the other girls parents have bought them a TV.. although they can't get it working..... and the broadband isn't working yet either.. oh gosh how will they cope.. let's hope the freezer works okay...!!!!

No tears here, bit sad but nothing like last year, let's hope it stays that way..

I now have 2 social events both at my house so that's

Still sleeping badly well not sleeping really, as in waking up and not being able to get back to sleep.. hope it doesn't last long as I am ready for a nap about now..!

Nothing from any of my creditors/cca's or from Natw*st following my disputing the enforceable cca they sent.. I am going to keep paying this as I don't want to upset any apple carts at this stage.

That's about it.. I still have some pennies surprisingly.. £66 left in dd's new house account and £60 from Lovely Mother.. I gave dd £40 to buy some new jeans... No doubt more will be needed as they settle in...

And I am aiming at the treadmill this evening..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,677Posts Today

10,265Users online

Martin's Twitter