Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Monday..... HShangin1.gif

Today is my day.... I have a plan and today is the day it is being implemented...

So what is the plan, I hear you ask... Well first you need some background knowledge... Like my debt I have other secrets.. not yet shared with you...... I am an addict.. I am.. I have an addictive personality. So not just in spending, although god only knows what I spent 60k on...!! Of course I didn't spend 60k at all the lovely banks topped up my debt with interest.. but even still 60k.. that is an awful lot of money.. But we are dealing with that one...

BUT we can deal with it better if I address the other addictions I have...

1. SMOKING...

Now I have always smoked, cut down a few times but in the main always been a smoker and if I am honest I don't see that changing.. BUT.. I have invested in a rather expensive e cig which was recommended by a complete stranger I got talking to at the garage when I took my car in..! bit random I know... so over the last week I have been using it occasionally instead of lighting up the 36p cigerette.. From today it is going to work in the opposite way... I will chart my progress. If I ultimately give up smoking then all well and good but that is not the plan at the moment.

2. DRINKING..

I am from a family of big drinkers.. my nan was a brandy girl, my gran a bottle of gin a day.. my mum likes/liked her whisky and my dad has vodka on his cornflakes... my brother is a lover of the vodka as well.... so.. I don't drink spirits but do like the grape juice.. not on my cornflakes though... so back to change.. no drinking on school nights. This should be Mon - Thurs.. again I want to chart my progress..

3. EATING..

Now I am not huge by any stretch of the imagination but do have a pesky stone I do not want to take on my summer holiday.. so stop eating rubbish.. from today....

signing off back in a minute...
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Right, sorry didn't want to lose my long post.. sorry if you have nodded off....!

4. EXERCISE

Starts today.. treadmill and dust off the wii......

So some of the above should release more pennies which can be put to much better use than they currently are.....again I will chart how I get on..

So today.. well dd is still poorly so I have left her asleep, she is stressed about her exams and we finally got to the decision last night to resign from her pt job. its not helping and although she likes the money.. (doesn't spend it mind..) its something that she could do without for now..

I am intending to try and gently encourage more revision and will help as much as I can.. I hate seeing her upset.

So lots of balls bouncing around over in the puzz household.. best wish me luck...!!

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Puzzcat wrote: »

1. SMOKING...

Now I have always smoked, cut down a few times but in the main always been a smoker and if I am honest I don't see that changing.. BUT.. I have invested in a rather expensive e cig which was recommended by a complete stranger I got talking to at the garage when I took my car in..! bit random I know... so over the last week I have been using it occasionally instead of lighting up the 36p cigerette.. From today it is going to work in the opposite way... I will chart my progress. If I ultimately give up smoking then all well and good but that is not the plan at the moment.

I am relaxed stating that I am of the smoking type too :o !!

I have smoked since teenage years but started with the e-cig about 18 months ago when I picked one up at a car boot sale :o. A lot of people think this is pathetic (I know) but the e-cig is now extremely important to me and I have almost stopped smoking real cigarettes. If I am honest my current budgetary methods using my envelopes would probably have bitten the dust if it hadn't been for my e-cig.

So now it irks me to have to fork out £6 to £7 a day for Mrs. B's cigarettes (hell will freeze over before she changes her habits :mad: )....that said if it was £6 to £7 a day for me too then MSE living just couldn't happen here :) !!

So yes.....I have puffed a fag with colleagues or friends and have nicked one of Mrs. B's when I have felt like it but I have had no more than a few fags each month for the last year or so and have felt no angst or withdrawal symptoms whatsoever :T !!

What I am saying Puzz is go for it in a relaxed way because it really does work and your knickers will not get the slightest bit twisted - mine are as comfy, straight and in order as they possibly could be ;)

Hoping DD chills with the job and revision :)

Brog xx
  • Puzzcat
    Hi Brogs,

I had read you were a fan of the e cig on your diary.. I will keep you posted as to how I get on....!!!

Love the twisted knickers image....:D

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    So Day 1.. Everything was sent to try me yesterday..

Its funny that we get to a point in life where we are piggy in the middle caring for older and the younger generation.. anyhow.. both of mine were out of sorts yesterday but I stayed away from any grape juice, did a walk on the treadmill and smoked about half the amount I usually do.. so all positive despite the distractions...!!! I probably ate 1 or 2 more biscuits than I should have.. oops.....

Day 2...

Plans already going wonky... mum's cab is out everynight till friday, was planning on a walk in between drop off and pick up tonight but now need to go and do some work... will (hopefully) keep away from the grape juice.. and keep plugging away at the smoking reduction.......As for the biscuits... not sure.....

No money news.... payment to creditors tomorrow from SC so looking forward to a % update....

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Don't like this new look.... and it has spoilt my signature....

Money update... I am into the 50k's..... and 15.1% paid...

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Hi Brogs,

I had read you were a fan of the e cig on your diary.. I will keep you posted as to how I get on....!!!

Love the twisted knickers image....:D

Puzz. x

Oh....so you read my diary :o !!

The twisted knickers image wasn't my creation - I wish I could have produced something so good and 'as it is when it happens' :).

It was Grannyx2 - she had to flea the country :)

Brogs x
  • Puzzcat
    Brogden wrote: »
    Oh....so you read my diary :o !!

The twisted knickers image wasn't my creation - I wish I could have produced something so good and 'as it is when it happens' :).

It was Grannyx2 - she had to flea the country :)

Brogs x

Morning Brogs...

It is lovely to pop on mse of a morning and see a lovely post from yourself..

Read your diary.. I've read it from the beginning.. are you scared now....!!!!!

Was the flea (flee..) in reference to my being a cat.. I don't have fleas you know.. I'm a well kept puzz...

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Happy Hump Day..... well its not for me as I've only got tomorrow to go.. :j

I start the week all positive and by mid week have reverted back to type.... In my defence it is hard going here at the moment.. dd is really struggling so I shall continue to try and be good but can't wait until the middle of May when this is all over for another year...!

She is still planning on resigning from her pt job today, I have mixed feelings about it. But she doesn't enjoy it.. (its work..who does...) its a fairly old style shop, with women of a certain age.... I've no doubt she will find something else when the time is right... for now she needs to concentrate on her studies.. I'm dreading parents evening tomorrow... :eek:

Funny thing yesterday, her friends mum (the little bit nutty friend) texted me to ask whether we had/were looking at uni's/booked open days etc.. and maybe if the girls were looking at the same one's we could travel together etc.. same one... not if we can possibly help it....DD would like to go somewhere without 'her friend' who is a bit draining.... will have to duck and hide me feels.....

So no exercise yesterday.. but then I was standing on a flat roof of a 3 storey building taking photo's for work at 6pm... Did have some grape juice.. :( not bad on the ciggies.. but cooked burger and chips.. OH's favourite.. man food... not many biscuits though so a bit of mixed bag yesterday...

Will be on the treadmill tonight after dropping dd and having coffee with SIL and nieces...

17th Payment now gone to creditors and signature updated properly now mse have stopped playing with the format...

Only 88 months to go... will fly by i'm sure.. I can't believe the kids are breaking up again this friday, they have only just gone back from the feb half term...

Roll on Monday and payday.. :j

Love puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Morning Brogs...

It is lovely to pop on mse of a morning and see a lovely post from yourself..

Read your diary.. I've read it from the beginning.. are you scared now....!!!!!

Was the flea (flee..) in reference to my being a cat.. I don't have fleas you know.. I'm a well kept puzz...

Puzz. x

Sorry you needed to pick me up on my spelling :o .

Puzz.....I never in a trillion years would have thought you would have ever had a single flea and I think you believe me ;) .

Thank you so much for your kind words :). Being one of very few men on here, one sometimes wonders if some might think 'there's a Tom Cat on my thread - shoo him away.' That doesn't seem to have happened too much happily :)

The Tom Cat's getting a bit hungry now......wonder if there's something nice in the dustbin :p !!

Brog x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure