Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 17th Sep 13, 9:49 AM
    • 3,144Posts
    • 16,242Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...
    • 17th Sep 13, 9:49 AM
    Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free... 17th Sep 13 at 9:49 AM
    Hi,

I'm Puzz, and I've been hanging around these dfw threads and diaries for a long time now... I've tried many times to sort out the money mess I have made but have now hopefully settled on a path that will lead me to where I wish to be...

What I don't know is how I didnt' know about DMP's before, as I say I've been here for at least 5 years if not longer and only discovered them in my darkest place back in July.

So this diary is to track my progress, keep me in check and maybe offer someone else some assistance along my way!

I have been in debt my entire adult existance. I am now the wrong side of 40 and still in debt. I wouldn't say I've had my head in the sand as I can tell you exactly how much I owe and to who at any given time. I have this all written in my special money book that goes back to 2008..

The debt has increased year on year, but slowly over the last 3 until this summer when it all caught up with me again and I realised that I had to do something now. I have tried snowballing but never had enough snow to throw the ball far enough away! And don't talk to me about consolidating.....

Stumbling across the dmp mutual support thread, I then researched debt management plans and went onto StepChange website did the debt remedy.. and there was my answer. I have read threads 7,8 and 9 of the dmp support thread, it is a wonderful place and if you are thinking of a dmp it is a great place to start.

My debt is huge and is going to get bigger before it gets smaller which is perfectly normal at the start of a dmp. I'm still at the sending letters and token payments stage, my new bank account is up and running and my salary switch is at the end of the month. It is at this point when my largest creditor (od/loan and cc) will be receiving the news that I don't want to do this anymore.

I spent the money I don't deny that. I have every intention of paying it back. BUT... I have paid out a fortune in interest and I no longer feel guilty that I can't do it anymore. I will be working very hard to get my creditors to play nice with me, and am more than prepared to sharpen my claws and involve the FOS when needed.

So that's the start.. I know a dmp isn't for everyone, I know it will trash my credit record, but I don't want credit anymore. I want to live again..

I think that's enough waffle for one morning, and being a cat its probably time I stretched out and had a little kip... oops no I've got work to do.... maybe later...

Christmas 2017 £550 cash/£109 vouchers
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC 41% paid £4k UE
    Going Self Managed March 2016
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
Page 63
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 10th Mar 17, 10:56 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    So... monday passed without incident, lulling me into a false sense of security...

Tuesday... out and about in the morning no issues.. out in the afternoon and came back to carnage.... cat wee smell everywhere, cat poo on my kitchen floor and soo much black fur.. now my babies are black too but this time it was obviously my little girl who is also partially sighted, what a bully I was so angry and still am... all cleared up and no obvious damage to house or my cat, but it had even sprayed on my sofa/cushions... dirty tom.... so since then I have had to keep the cat flap blocked up and have only been letting mine out for short times...

I am currently trialing used cat litter round the outside of the door as this is meant to deter.. who knows.. I really didn't need more things to worry about! The cat flap was an expensive microchip one but it broke a number of years ago, unfortunately if the cats come at it too fast it just breaks the connection.. but with little other choice I have just ordered a new £70 one which will arrive tonight and OH can fit it tomorrow... not sure what else I can do have tried on FB for anyone who owns it/knows it but no clue as yet... pets they are as much a worry as children..

So dd is on the way home, cats are inside much to the little boys disgust but I have to go out this afternoon and dd will freak if something happens whilst she is here on her own....!

Also had to upgrade dd's phone (it was gifted second hand about 3 years ago..) so another increase in my monthly costs.. along with c.tax and water no doubt ...

So a spendy week, so won't be as much to save this month now

Hoping for a not too spendy weekend..

Gosh I am exhausted.. amazed I haven't had one of my silent migraines this week.. thought one was coming this morning but ok at the moment...!

Lovely mother in hospital today having a thing on her face looked at, bless she says they not allowed to touch it until after our holiday, hopefully its something and nothing... City break in 10 days time...

Right best get on with some work...! although the system keeps crashing here and in the office so its a slow process...

Much Love..
    Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Daydreambeliever
    • By Daydreambeliever 10th Mar 17, 11:04 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Daydreambeliever
    Thank you Puzzcat and Carbootcrazy for welcoming me. Carbootcrazy I know exactly what you mean about reading the diaries and the not feeling so alone. I am really thinking of self managing next year, and reading through the diaries helps so much with the knowledge of someone who has been/is there, not being alone in this, the tips and following everyone's journey. Puzzcat some of your diary entries have had me in stitches and I look forward following your journey. Have a lovely weekend all x
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 13th Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Thank you Puzzcat and Carbootcrazy for welcoming me. Carbootcrazy I know exactly what you mean about reading the diaries and the not feeling so alone. I am really thinking of self managing next year, and reading through the diaries helps so much with the knowledge of someone who has been/is there, not being alone in this, the tips and following everyone's journey. Puzzcat some of your diary entries have had me in stitches and I look forward following your journey. Have a lovely weekend all x
    Originally posted by Daydreambeliever
    Morning..

No one knows about my debts either... my OH knows I have them but not how BIG they are.... obviously everyone on here knows..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 13th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Morning.. Monday again..

So dd was home for the weekend so about a £40 spend on a social for her and a food shop to take back yesterday.... could of been worse...!

Funny old weekend, spent most of it worrying about my cats and OH installed the new cat flap yesterday.. downside is my neighbours puzz who likes to come in and is no trouble now can't get in as he isn't micro chipped.. I have suggested they get him done then he can still visit... He can get out if he comes in, so can visit when a door is open... My cats are slowly getting used to it, they keep sitting under the porch bit and making it beep - open/close.... Fingers crossed this works as I am making myself soooo.. anxious over it, bad dreams etc and all I can think about when I wake in the early hours... i like 4pm when I can shut it all up and my furr babies are off to bed in the house...

Also finally got sky fixed as it has been broken for about 10 days or more.. dd is that we have now lost all our recordings but I can't watch everything on catch up for ever!!!

Lovely mother has got to go and have this lump removed this week, they won't/can't wait, its a shame as we are off on holiday next week, but I said we can both wrap our heads up as mummies if needs be..

Letter from Cap*tal O*e, lots of send us your payslips.. umm NO.. and fill in i & e.. umm NO... and then in little writing.. IF we don't receive this information we will keep you on your current plan.. umm.. YES.. so £5 a month for the next 6 months.... obviously debt won't be going down much and this is my biggest but I am trying to stash anything I can get my hands on in readiness for dd's private rental and her USA trip...

Right bits of work to do today, must get on the treadmill.. I am so lazy and have far to many wobbly bits... will be putting a new regime into place after my break with LM....

Let's hope its a nice quiet week with no dramas....

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 13th Mar 17, 10:59 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I hope everything goes well with your LM's procedure. Bad timing for it, as you say, but best to get it out of the way. No use putting these things off (says she, the world's biggest procrastinator)

We have catflap trouble too! My cat is totally inept with catflaps, even though he's used it for nearly 9 years. He's a big strong boy but had trouble getting the flap to open until OH removed the strong closure magnet. It stays shut now unless it's very windy when it swings open all the time letting in an almighty cold blast of air. This is a cold and draughty house at the best of times so we can do without that. We never had our cat microchipped, might be worth thinking about and then buying a hi-tech flap.

Donkeys years ago, when we had an old, timid, neutered female cat there was a feral Tom that used to sneak in and steal her food and generally cause her angst. He occasionally sprayed which, as you found, is obnoxious. One morning I got up and something leapt up from the sofa giving me a real start. It was this big black cat which had been asleep on there. Goodness knows if he'd been sleeping in the house on other occasions, I'd never noticed unexpected cat hairs anywhere before. OH sealed up the catflap and we were at our girl's beck and call for letting her in or out for weeks. We planned to get her chipped and get a new flap but she sadly died (aged 20) and it was years before our current cat wormed his way into our lives (as cats do). OH unsealed the flap and we are still using the same one. Waste not want not, eh?
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-Oct: £4500 ish
    Signing off for 2017, already smashed my year's target
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £3733.00/£5000.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Balance now: £15841
    . Getting there. Balance so out of date, must update asap!
    • Daydreambeliever
    • By Daydreambeliever 15th Mar 17, 2:37 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Daydreambeliever
    Hello Puzzcat, hope you don't mind me dropping by to say hello. Well I have reached the end of your diary and thank you so much for sharing your journey . I did think about plucking up the courage to self manage next year, but now am inspired to do it this year. I also have a couple of debts that have never defaulted just AP markers, which I am going to push to get defaulted. Sometimes I hate thinking about the debt and it gets me down and I struggle a bit with the low moods and anxiety so I just keep my head down and pay the monthly payments and forget about it until the dreaded anxiety at having to do the annual I&E with Stepchange, as it means I have to acknowledge it. Still only 17 years to go ,but I really think self managing means I could perhaps concentrate on one debt more than the other, but perhaps that's the wrong way to look at it. Either way, I am so grateful for the help that is on this site and the wonderful people on it as just knowing I'm not alone helps. Sorry for the waffling on lol!

I share my home with two elderly moggies (17 and 14), and my eldest cat has been receiving treatment for an overactive thyroid and now has chronic renal failure so it is regular blood checks and monthly medication, and I've really struggled the last year to keep on top but he is worth it and they are both my world.

I do hope your lovely mother gets on okay with having the lump removed.

Hope you are enjoying the gorgeous Spring day. So wonderful to see the sunshine.

Take care x
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 16th Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Daydreambeliever, your post really struck a chord with me, especially the bit about feeling low and anxious,and keeping your head down and letting SC get on with it.

I used to feel exactly the same and like you have found a lot of comfort and reassurance from these threads. Being in a lot of debt is a very lonely place to be and knowing there are lovely, non-judgemental people out there to share the experiences with is truly wonderful. Puzz, in particular, has been more help to me than she'll ever know. I so admire and envy her approach to her debts, she's certainly given me many a pause for thought about my own situation (along with lots of chuckles along the way).

As a result of Puzz's experiences and the fact that she manages to enjoy a real life despite the debt I've finally gone self-managed too. It wasn't easy for me, to be honest I was pretty worried about doing it after SC had held my hand for almost 4 years. But I bit the bullet in the New Year and haven't looked back since. Early days I know, I haven't tinkered with my repayments or anything yet but I hope some juggling later on in the year will allow me the flexibility to get a couple of debts paid off quicker, especially if I can negotiate good F&F settlement figures

All I can add is that self-managing does offer more freedom, as you suggested it might, and some people thrive on it. But please don't embark on that route until you feel really confident that it's the right way for you. We're all different.

I hope it's still Spring-like where you are. That's 2 days in a row here, I can't believe it. OH gave the garden it's first mow of the year yesterday too although it took ages as it had been growing quickly this past few weeks (probably all that rain) and was looking very shaggy.

Good luck and take care of yourself

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 18th Mar 17, 12:51 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Hello...

CBC and Daydreambeliever we are all so similar with our worries and anxiety's but we will get to the end of our journeys hopefully still smiling..!!!

So this week has cost a fortune..

The unneutered tom has been hanging around all week so I purchased a water pistol, doesn't diswade him from visiting but he's not keen when I get a hit.. Have kept my cats in mostly, apart from a brief trip out with me in the morning and afternoon.. but then Thursday my boy decided to chase after him.. que a £80 vet bill this morning for a cat bite on his tail... I really would like to keep them in all the time, I'm sure it would be cheaper and a lot easier on my stress levels...

These have been through the roof this week, I so overthink everything but hey they are in now due to the boys injury and will stay in whilst I am away as OH works long days..

So I really must put some effort into getting organised for my trip.. I currently have 1 book and 3 adapters packed..

Am off out shortly to do a bit of work and sort my holiday money.. then home for a well deserved nap before going out this evening with my girls.. My best friends daughter is playing taxi so just drinks and meal to pay for... And I think this is my first social I have attended this year...

Got a response from the FBO about my lack of default from Creation despite selling it to Lowells.. and they don't feel that they have done anything wrong.. but have suggested I keep my payments at £5 as next month would be 6 months at low payments so a default may arrive.. ho hum... I will just have to save harder and get this one on a f & f as soon as I can.. Not anytime soon with the way money is leaking from my purse and bank account...!

Right best get on, don't want to run out of time for my nap...

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 20th Mar 17, 8:25 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I hope Puss is feeling better now. My boy has the courage of a lion when interlopers appear on his territory but he isn't much of a fighter (he's more the make a lot of noise type of deterrent) and he always comes off worst. Cat bites are nasty things

Here I am enquiring after your cat's health and not your LM's. I hope she's fighting fit now and will be able to enjoy your joint break

Wish I was going on one myself but it's now only 21 days until OH goes on his. Maybe a Staycation (as in staying at home) is better for me anyway, certainly cost-wise

Have a good week
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 20-03-2017 at 8:28 AM.

• blisteringblue
    • By blisteringblue 25th Mar 17, 11:35 AM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    blisteringblue
    Hi Puzz long time no speak,

I'm having the same fun and games with the couple of F&Fs I have tried on the back of my 4 month payment holiday. Some are starting to get a bit twitchy so I will be starting again next month with the payments but minus Mrs BBs wage as she is no longer working. The F&Fs are proving hard work, just replied to one yesterday telling them they were incompetent idiots, so hopefully that might stir them into action.

Waiting on 3 final defaults which have been promised but not on the Noddle account yet. I've told them although I am starting payments again it will only start when I see the defaults. That might queue calls and mither again but will just ignore.

I've given up with the DMP thread, I know it's not a PC thing to say but it simply bores me now, same questions over and over again.

Keep up the good work.

BB
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 25th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    I hope Puss is feeling better now. My boy has the courage of a lion when interlopers appear on his territory but he isn't much of a fighter (he's more the make a lot of noise type of deterrent) and he always comes off worst. Cat bites are nasty things

Here I am enquiring after your cat's health and not your LM's. I hope she's fighting fit now and will be able to enjoy your joint break

Wish I was going on one myself but it's now only 21 days until OH goes on his. Maybe a Staycation (as in staying at home) is better for me anyway, certainly cost-wise

Have a good week
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    Hi cbc,

Thank you for your concern about my puzz and my LM.. both are doing ok... having been kept in whilst I was away they have been enjoying supervised time in the garden, unfortunately I can't do that long term so will just have to go with the flow.. the other cat was hanging around again today...

LM is waiting for the results of her biopsy, no idea when that will be but again just have to keep the fingers crossed...

Not long now till your mini break at home..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 25th Mar 17, 3:49 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Hi Puzz long time no speak,

I'm having the same fun and games with the couple of F&Fs I have tried on the back of my 4 month payment holiday. Some are starting to get a bit twitchy so I will be starting again next month with the payments but minus Mrs BBs wage as she is no longer working. The F&Fs are proving hard work, just replied to one yesterday telling them they were incompetent idiots, so hopefully that might stir them into action.

Waiting on 3 final defaults which have been promised but not on the Noddle account yet. I've told them although I am starting payments again it will only start when I see the defaults. That might queue calls and mither again but will just ignore.

I've given up with the DMP thread, I know it's not a PC thing to say but it simply bores me now, same questions over and over again.

Keep up the good work.

BB
    Originally posted by blisteringblue
    Hi BB,

I don't spend much time on the thread either now, I do read it everyday but someone always pops up to answer and if I am honest I can't really remember the in's and out's of when I started so won't be much help..!!!!

I am down to just one undefaulted debt, have involved the FOS but they think its ok... So I am going to quote them some more bits of the IOC guidelines, I know they are only guidelines but I just want my Red D...!! Good luck with yours, you seem to be powering through your debt at a much quicker rate than me..! Hope Mrs BB is enjoying her freedom from work.

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 25th Mar 17, 3:58 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    I'm back.....

Well I have been since Thursday evening actually....

Lovely trip away, best trip with LM so far..! Bless her she has really aged since we started doing these trips, and I suppose I have as well so we are both a little calmer...!! I would have come back with over half my spending money but then had a big splurge at Duty Free.. so not much left now....

However... 3 days to payday and I think I should have about £200 left to split between my pots as I haven't done it yet this month.. naughty puzz.. I didn't want to be short whilst on holiday.. with money I mean not height..

Returned to a letter from Lowells asking for new i & e etc.. this is the one I want my default from so am going to keep offering them £5 for now....... will sort out next week...!

As replied to cbc, black cat still hanging around, don't know what else I can do really.. my cats can at least work the microchip cat flap.. although the little girl likes to just sit under it and make it open and shut....

dd home for the weekend, but we have no spending plans apart from a dress I have ordered for her and a bit of food shopping tomorrow....

Back to the grind for me on Monday, last day of course on Thursday and an exam.. Although we have revised every week and I haven't failed yet.. I then have to submit a piece of work, which I may have a go at tomorrow as I can send it in for marking and they keep returning it until correct until the cut off date.....

I am invited to a 50th party tonight, but you know puzz.. she would rather be curled up on the sofa with dd and the TV... OH is going to drop in on his way to another party.. he is the social butterfly in this house...

Enjoy the weekend..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 26th Mar 17, 10:00 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I'm so glad your break went well. Exactly what you and LM needed after a few of life's worries and traumas. Lovely to have some girly time with DD again.

Describing your OH as a social butterfly made me laugh. My OH is just the opposite although he stirred himself to go out on Friday evening. It was only a crime prevention talk by the local police at the village church though. It's such a dead and alive place here that the only meeting place is the small village church. As we know, rural crime is becoming a 'big' thing and people who have lived happily with their sheds, garages and outbuildings (even house doors for much of the day) unlocked are having a rethink.

OH spent yesterday madly clearing out the garage so he can leave his car out of sight when he's away. There's so much junk in there that he's an optimist about making enough space in the couple of weeks before he goes away. He's now on day 2 of the big clear-out, goodness knows how many days he'll need and where all the stuff he's dragged out will go instead. This is a big garage, at a pinch we could get up to 4 cars in there but have only ever had the space for one and that was years ago

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 28th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Good Morning...

So weekend been and gone again.. time is flying so fast this year can't believe its April next weekend...! Will soon be putting my back up...!

dd managed to leave her coat in the back of dad's car so I have had to post it back to her, along with the dress that arrived yesterday.. luckily thanks to the Royal Mail surveys I do it didn't cost anything except stamps that they send me each month... She is also off to look at a house this afternoon... They are not sure if its 3 or 4 of them so can't commit to anything today.. depends if one of the girls gets onto the new course she has applied for... hopefully this will all be sorted before the Easter Break...

Payday tomorrow.. I have £150 left to split into pots.. think most of it better go in the dd rent pot in readiness for paying deposit etc..... Also c.tax and water start again this month... boo... both gone up as expected, will sit and redo my budgets at some point..

Rang Lowells and requested that I continue to pay £5 a month for the next 6 months, they didn't seem to mind.. so that's 3 getting new reduced payments, 2 getting £5 token payments and 4 no doubt will contact me within the next month...

Busy day yesterday, so lazy day today... office tomorrow, course on Thursday and then nearly the weekend again... no social plans and I think dd is staying put this weekend as she is home for Easter the following one.. Need to pop to town to the bank and a few bits from the supermarket.. LM popping round later for a cuppa and that's about it..

Went to GP yesterday as was overdue a medicine review.. as in 5 years overdue.. Apparently I hadn't had my blood pressure done since 2012... It was purrfect.. good puzz that I am.. NOT... but she also did my BMI and yep I am tubby... I have put on 12kgs..... that is over 9 years ( so 2.6LBS a year..) since they last weighed me...! so not a total fail.... will definitely try to get this in hand this year as I don't want to be fifty, fat and frumpy in 2018....

Right best get on..

Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 28th Mar 17, 3:48 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Went to GP yesterday as was overdue a medicine review.. as in 5 years overdue.. Apparently I hadn't had my blood pressure done since 2012... It was purrfect.. good puzz that I am.. NOT... but she also did my BMI and yep I am tubby... I have put on 12kgs..... that is over 9 years ( so 2.6LBS a year..) since they last weighed me...! so not a total fail.... will definitely try to get this in hand this year as I don't want to be fifty, fat and frumpy in 2018....

Right best get on..

Puzz. x
    Originally posted by Puzzcat
    All's looking good in Puzzland. I had to chuckle about the though

You're very lucky they let your medicine review go for 5 years. I assume you are on a repeat prescription? I'm on medication, not for anything serious though, but they refuse to sanction a renewal once the year is up. I've to make an appointment for next week as my current pack, the last of the year's 12 issues, runs out on Monday. I wouldn't mind too much but I'm only in there about 5 minutes at the most, no chit chat or talking about anything. He/she just asks if I've been OK since my last 'review', I say yes, and the medication in exactly the same dosage continues as before. Crazy really, total waste of my time (and petrol) and the Doc's. Oh well, I expect they have guidelines to adhere to. I just hope they don't decide to weigh me and do my BMI as,unlike you, I've lapsed a bit
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 28-03-2017 at 3:52 PM.

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 1st Apr 17, 12:14 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Weekend...

Busy week, rushed by as usual... course finished just got to submit a bit of work in the next fortnight....

dd has a house... Shs sounds so happy... Her and 3 other girls, 2 are from her course and 1 is her dancing pal.... they all seem to get on very well, so mummy puzz is very pleased.... although I have so far had to shell out £190.. followed by £1100 + in June.. I shall just remain poor...!!

I had been doing a little bit of saving for driving lessons in case dd was going to commute, this can now be use for house purchases nearer the time, driving lessons are definitely an expense I can't afford as well...!!!

Still not started my healthy eating.. I am so lazy...! and in fact had a cheeky kebab delivery last night.. in my defence..

it wasn't my fault as someone kept talking about them at work..
    it was chicken so not tooo bad..
    I think I left more than I ate or it was growing whilst I was eating...
    Its only the 2nd time I have had a delivery by myself.. won't be making a weekly habit of it...

This weekend, no plans, no spending unnecessary cash as dd will be back for Easter next weekend... Just housework, cleaning, hoovering, washing etc etc...

Do need to get a new windscreen wiper for my little car, but think I will go during the week as I expect they are very busy of a weekend... cash for that from my car account and need a few birthday cards/small gifts and will use cash from birthday account.. I always say that and never transfer it over...!

I have just paid my 4th installment to my LD Loan so 10% done.. just the £3600 to go....!!!

OH picked up the fence panels for the neighbours so my garden is now my own again.. am trying to be brave and let my cats roam free but I am still anxious about the 'monster cat'.. I have to refrain from staring out the windows..

That's about all in puzz land I think..

xxx
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Karen777
    • By Karen777 4th Apr 17, 2:06 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 1,731 Thanks
    Karen777
    seems like you are doing good - nice to read your progress! well done and glad all well with dd. cats are a worry. fingers cross bad cat stays away.
    Debt at highest - June 2013 - 26k/ March 2017 - 3900
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 4th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 23,265 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I agree with Karen, cats are a worry.

My cat (now almost 9) was a bedraggled and starving tiny feral kitten when he ended up in our garden. He's turned into a wonderful affectionate pet, we both love him to bits. He doesn't provoke fights (we had him neutered at 6 months) but he will do his utmost to repel any interlopers on his territory and invariably comes off worst when a huge feral Tom comes calling the shots. It's cost me a small fortune in vets bills over the years including in-patient care on a drip when he was badly bitten. He's worth every penny though.

He is a hunter though, I can't imagine how he ever learned to be as he's lived as a pet since he was about 6 weeks old and is very well fed and doesn't kill to eat. He just likes catching and killing, if it moves he'll have a go at it. We have open fields all around us and he used to catch a rabbit most days in the spring and summer every year. He had to have some teeth extracted last year and he didn't catch rabbits last summer. I don't think he could administer the killer bite or grasp them firmly enough to carry them all the way home. Some of them are really big.

He must have got it sussed now though as yesterday he brought home his first rabbit of the year. I'm just hoping it was a one-off, I was hoping all that was behind us, especially as occasionally he used to bring them home still alive and let them go hopping round in the kitchen. I've had to retrieve one from behind the washing machine more than once. Happy days, eh?

OH goes on his 5-day break early next Monday morning. I'm working my way through mounds of washing of clothes he 'might' take and hasn't worn since at least last year. They aren't dirty but have been stored away and need freshening up. I bet after all that he'll only take a miniscule amount

• Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 5th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 16,242 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    seems like you are doing good - nice to read your progress! well done and glad all well with dd. cats are a worry. fingers cross bad cat stays away.
    Originally posted by Karen777
    Hi Karen,

Thanks for popping in.! Unfortunately the bad cat is still hanging around so mine are getting used to being in most of the time, shame but it is a beast! I will update in my main post...! Do visit again, I like visitors..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £460.00
    MY DIARY -
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,582Posts Today

7,799Users online

Martin's Twitter