Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 17th Sep 13, 9:49 AM
    • 3,757Posts
    • 15,845Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...
    • 17th Sep 13, 9:49 AM
    Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free... 17th Sep 13 at 9:49 AM
    Hi,

I'm Puzz, and I've been hanging around these dfw threads and diaries for a long time now... I've tried many times to sort out the money mess I have made but have now hopefully settled on a path that will lead me to where I wish to be...

What I don't know is how I didnt' know about DMP's before, as I say I've been here for at least 5 years if not longer and only discovered them in my darkest place back in July.

So this diary is to track my progress, keep me in check and maybe offer someone else some assistance along my way!

I have been in debt my entire adult existance. I am now the wrong side of 40 and still in debt. I wouldn't say I've had my head in the sand as I can tell you exactly how much I owe and to who at any given time. I have this all written in my special money book that goes back to 2008..

The debt has increased year on year, but slowly over the last 3 until this summer when it all caught up with me again and I realised that I had to do something now. I have tried snowballing but never had enough snow to throw the ball far enough away! And don't talk to me about consolidating.....

Stumbling across the dmp mutual support thread, I then researched debt management plans and went onto StepChange website did the debt remedy.. and there was my answer. I have read threads 7,8 and 9 of the dmp support thread, it is a wonderful place and if you are thinking of a dmp it is a great place to start.

My debt is huge and is going to get bigger before it gets smaller which is perfectly normal at the start of a dmp. I'm still at the sending letters and token payments stage, my new bank account is up and running and my salary switch is at the end of the month. It is at this point when my largest creditor (od/loan and cc) will be receiving the news that I don't want to do this anymore.

I spent the money I don't deny that. I have every intention of paying it back. BUT... I have paid out a fortune in interest and I no longer feel guilty that I can't do it anymore. I will be working very hard to get my creditors to play nice with me, and am more than prepared to sharpen my claws and involve the FOS when needed.

So that's the start.. I know a dmp isn't for everyone, I know it will trash my credit record, but I don't want credit anymore. I want to live again..

I think that's enough waffle for one morning, and being a cat its probably time I stretched out and had a little kip... oops no I've got work to do.... maybe later...

Christmas 2016 £600 cash/£105 vouchers
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC 32.2% paid
    Going Self Managed March 2016
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
Page 57
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 13th Oct 16, 10:42 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Hi Puzz
    I have read your diary from start to finish over the last few days. Well done on taking such a massive bull by the horns and starting to make inroads onto your debt. I do have a couple of questions which you are free to ignore if they are too nosey.

Your debt. I take it from what you say that YOU are paying this lot off. What about OH? Did he not eat the food, be warmed by the electricity etc etc as the debt was run up? I am genuinely appalled that he goes off on what must be expensive holidays when his partner in life is struggling with debts. I am just really surprised that is all.

Your daughter earned a lot of money that you mention she didn't spend, surely she could be putting this towards her rent. Like wise year 1 of a degree is the perfect time to get a part time job to self fund. This is what I did as my family also didn't have much money on hand to support me. My impression (sorry) is that you are carrying a massive burden that you aren't making any easier on yourself by supporting others.....

The other thing is an observation. You mention your OH snores alot. Please please make him get checked out for sleep apnoea. It can be really dangerous if not treated and loud snoring can be one of the signs.

Good luck on the rest of your journey. And like I said feel free to ignore if it suits.
    chev
    Originally posted by chevalier
    Hi Chev,

You read the whole thing.. must have been bedtime reading...!! My ramblings are enough to send anyone to sleep...

Not nosey at all and valid points you make. As CBC has already stated we are not a conventional couple, OH does work very hard and brings in good money which he is happy (most of the time..) for me to share..! He knows about my debts but not the amount or how much I pay out each month. We have never fairly shared finances and I quite like it like that, in fact no one except my mse readers know about the extent of my debts....

My dd has accrued her money through no spending on normal teenage things through from 12 to now really.. all her birthday/christmas/6 month work she did is in her ISA and that's where I would like it to stay. She has a third year abroad and may well have to dip into it for that !! As for a job, well she as I suffers from Anxiety, she also has social anxiety.. it took days for her to be able to queue and buy butter in the uni shop.. so I don't think a job is on the cards yet, but never say never... She hated her previous job but did stick it out for a very painful 6 months..

Easy cure for snoring.. pillow on head... I don't think he has anything that not consuming vast amounts of lager wouldn't cure to be honest...

CBC is right that I do deal with most things on my own, I would love to have a sole mate someone to share everything with.. maybe one day I will, but I don't think it will be for a while yet..

Thank you for popping in..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 13th Oct 16, 10:43 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    chevalier, I expect Puzz will reply herself but from what I gather from reading the whole thread she has an unusual family dynamic (if that's the right term). I understand totally how she is dealing with a lot of things on her own, my own situation is very similar. Not all of us fit the 'norm'
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    On the nose CBC.. you know me so well....I wish you had a diary...

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 13th Oct 16, 10:53 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    So nearly the weekend again..

DD home tomorrow but I am determined it won't be too spendy.. I must get my haircut before I go on holiday and that is less than 3 weeks away now... Have moved some cash into normal bank so I can get my euro's..I have 250e that OH gave me when he came back from his last jolly boys trip...

I am looking forward to the break, I have no doubt lovely mother will drive me bats but am determined to get some R & R.. its been a long 18 months since my last break, which I know isn't long for some but I was used to at least my annual fortnight...! no idea yet what the weather will be like.. my body is not bikini ready and I had no intention of spending the usual £50 a piece on bikini's to hold up my assets.. Have improvised with a £6.99 swimsuit off ebay.... although it may be boots and cardi weather will find out nearer the time...!

Money news.. haven't really got any.. silly letter from wescot saying you forgot to pay us.. umm no I have a letter from you accepting my new plan... you do wonder how these companies survive..!

After my holiday I will be rushing into the Christmas shopping mode as I like to get this completed before the rush of the people to the shops starts...! i will also be redoing my i & e.. no idea how that's going to look yet..!!

Weight wise.. Still stuck at 10.11 that's been 3 weeks now.. maybe if I eat my dinner tonight whilst walking on the treadmill I will shift that pesky 1lb and reach 10.10.... I did walk Monday and Tuesday but was working last night.. I have lost 9lbs but would like to get to double figures before I ruin it all when I go away...

Right best get on...

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 13th Oct 16, 10:54 AM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 17,686 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    On the nose CBC.. you know me so well....I wish you had a diary...

Love Puzz. x
    Originally posted by Puzzcat
    I don't need one, Puzz, You're writing it for me. Apart from me no longer having a lovely mother and never having a wonderful daughter such a lot of our experiences are the same. Oh, I forgot, I'm not blessed with OH taking himself off on holiday as often as I'd like. He says the food is better here (and cheaper for him seeing as he doesn't pay for it).

Seriously, I might start a diary. Lots of people whose diaries I clog up with my nattering ask me when I'm going to do it
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2016: Jan-Nov:£2787.65: Dec:£61.27
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £620.00/£3000

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Paid (on DMP): £29917. Balance: £26887
    Over halfway
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 25th Oct 16, 4:21 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Gosh..where have I been... nowhere yet...! Amazed nearly 2 weeks has flown past... so what has Puzz been up to..

Weight News.. scales seem to be going the wrong way now...oops.... 2lb on.. that's not what I am suppose to be doing...!!!

Money News.. well payday Friday.. Still got a little in the bank but dd has been spending for me again..... I will be up £200 from this payday but am also flying off a week today so will probably take it as cash with me just in case.. no cc's you know..!!! Have all my euro's ready...am looking forward to some R & R.....

DD still roller coasting.... she was home for the weekend before last, and spent last weekend with her special friend at his family home.. which is about 5 miles from us... Go to Uni 50 miles away and meet someone from round the corner.... She seems okay in herself and this will now be the longest we won't see each other... hoping she will come home the weekend after I am back.. I will be Mrs Washer Women with her month's worth of clothes and my holiday stuff...!

Had dreadful nights sleep last night, OH back after being on nights and woke me when he came to bed..then snored... I had tea at 1.45.. and I am sure I saw every hour until the alarm at 6 when of course I was in a deep sleep.. Naughty puzz reset it for 8.. so caught up on a few missed hours.... Have been very busy work wise today so will be heading up the stairs early again tonight....

So nothing very exciting going on, haven't felt like being social so other than work and the short time OH is home I haven't really seen anyone.. did get my haircut mind... and I actually like it..

Second reduced payment goes to creditors on the 3rd.. still no word from 2 of them, and I have a couple of things to tackle with a few of them before I resume full payment so that's a job for after my holiday...

That's about all folks.. not very exciting for 2 weeks worth of news....

3 more days of work then off for 12 days....

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • chevalier
    • By chevalier 26th Oct 16, 4:39 AM
    • 7,688 Posts
    • 17,797 Thanks
    chevalier
    Hi Puzz
    Sorry for putting my oar in. The last thing I will say about it is that do you think your share of the bills is fair, ie proportional to what you earn. If you are halving the bills but he say earns double what you do I wonder if that could be adjusted?

Well done on keeping on with it. And as for the weight at least you have started sorting that, whilst I on the other hand
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 28th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Hi Puzz
    Sorry for putting my oar in. The last thing I will say about it is that do you think your share of the bills is fair, ie proportional to what you earn. If you are halving the bills but he say earns double what you do I wonder if that could be adjusted?

Well done on keeping on with it. And as for the weight at least you have started sorting that, whilst I on the other hand
    chev
    Originally posted by chevalier
    Hi Chev,

We both earn about the same in out full time jobs, the difference is OH can earn a lot doing his part time work, but he's happy for me to share it as and when...!

I guess the proportional part didn't work in the early days of our relationship as I owned and paid for my house as he was paying for his ex wife and son's home... and I never grasped I needed a contribution and then a bigger contribution once we had our dd.. When we moved I again bought the house, and it was only in 2003 that we bought together.. ( my deposit is safe in the equity..).. we muddle along okay most of the time..!

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 28th Oct 16, 11:09 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Friday.. Payday.. and last working (ish..) day for me for 12 days....

Have done the banking, updated my signature..look at my little pot of gold growing nicely...!

First month not paying lovely mother her £200 but I have kept the cash (OH pays this) and transferred from my own account this month.. I like to take some spare English when I go away just in case... hope to bring it back in tact or its going to be another tight ish month..

Had a letter from NW.. you forgot to pay.. umm.. no I wrote to you 6 weeks ago.. so I rang them and spoke to a lovely girl who couldn't be more apologetic and as they didn't start the plan from October she has started it from November so no full payment to them until February.... She said she could escalate it to a complaint but I said no its ok.. little do they know I will be complaining again about the lack of updates on my cr file.. previous complaint they sent me £100.. so hears hoping...!! they have also placed a random AR mark in among my D's.. so will also be picking that up... Another creditor sold the debt but I have received no default notice from them, this was a few months back so will also be taking up a little complaint with them...Oh the fun of self managed...!

So I think there is only 4 I need to pay properly from 3rd January as the rest put me on a 6 month plan... delays repayment date of course but i shall play with it all when I get back from my rather late summer holiday...!

Have removed dfd from my sig as don't know what it will be until I redo my i & e..

DD undecided if she wants to come home today/tomorrow.. bless.. will wait for her to get up so she can update me...!

Drinks tonight at one neighbours and a party (may or may not go) tomorrow at another... get me social butterfly....

Otherwise its all about getting ready to fly on Tuesday..

Right best move some washing around.. I mean get on with some work...

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 4th Nov 16, 10:12 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Hola...
    Well as predicted this holiday is proving quite challenging and lovely mother is not being lovely a lot of the time! In fact having arrived Tuesday I would happily have flown home again Wednesday..
    But I am still here but so wish I was with dd, who is no trouble on holiday and doesn't have regular tantrums or talk all the time.....
    I know I shouldn't moan but I saved hard for this break and she is completely unaware how much she is spoiling it, head down, mouth shut puzz only 4 days to go....I am quite sad really....

Dd also rang Wednesday evening as she was feeling very unwell and had been sick a few times, one worried puzz, but she seems better now!

So today I will sit on a sunbed for longer than 40 minutes, despite lovely mother's strange ideas of what a holiday in the sun should consist of....

Sorry for the moaning.....

Puzz.x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Debsnewbudget
    • By Debsnewbudget 4th Nov 16, 12:23 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    Debsnewbudget
    That brought back memories .....
    I used to sit on my sunbed with myearphones in
    Not actually listening to anything but if. Mum could see that and I didnt answer her forst or second time she. Gave up

Or I used to give her the earphones with music on ...... Distracted her for a while

Keep breathing ......
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 4th Nov 16, 1:44 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    That brought back memories .....
    I used to sit on my sunbed with myearphones in
    Not actually listening to anything but if. Mum could see that and I didnt answer her forst or second time she. Gave up

Or I used to give her the earphones with music on ...... Distracted her for a while

Keep breathing ......
    Originally posted by Debsnewbudget
    Thanks debs, unfortunately I don't have any headphones with me, on the plus side I do have my own bedroom and en suite so can vanish for parts of the day! She is being better behaved so far today, let's see if it lasts...!!!

Love Puzz
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 5th Nov 16, 4:15 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Hola in a better mood!

I am pleased to say that things have now calmed down and lovely mother has realised this is not really her type of holiday anymore. This is good as dd is very keen for me to book for us to go at some point and lovely mother and I will stick with city breaks as and when finances allow...I never wish to repeat the awful 24 hours from Tuesday evening to Wednesday evening.....

Sun and cloud so a bit of sunbathing for me and then out for a 2 hour lunch and stroll..lovely mother has then gone to bed and I have read my book in peace on my sunbed... home in a few days and then only a few days till I see dd.. just under 4 weeks since I have seen her..longest time but we do communicate daily..

Right siesta time....
    Love puzz
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 7th Nov 16, 8:24 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Happy Monday...

Last post from me from my lovely borrowed second home....I know I will return just not sure when and it will be with someone who loves it here as much as I do....

So flying home tomorrow morning, work Thursday and Friday and dd home for the weekend.. We last saw each other on the 10th October.....can't wait for a big hug!

Then it's all about the finances,, will start looking at those next week..

I still have lots of Euro's left and my £200 is safe and coming back with me so all good on the holiday money front...

And of course getting organised for Christmas...Will be a quiet one at home so hope to keep the costs down....

Bye bye from sunny climes and hello to chilly UK tomorrow...

Love Puzz.x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 9th Nov 16, 10:39 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    I'm back in sunny England.. although not so sunny more soggy.. .oh well it is November what do I expect...!!

Really enjoyed a quiet night last night, just me, the tv, cats and fish fingers...!

Have unpacked and sorted 2 loads of washing done and my bedding is in as we speak...! OH did manage to keep the house reasonably clean, just the bathroom for me to tackle in a bit..

Finances..

Came back with 190 euro's so that's put away for the next time, whenever that maybe..! Have done the banking, nothing exciting to report will try not to have a spendy month.. Have transferred money around so dd's rent saving pot is looking quite healthy and started a new Holiday 2017 saving account.. currently sitting with £50 in.. so may take awhile...!

Weight...

Well as I became a pig before I left I weighed in at 11 stone prior to holiday.. ate like a wee piggy on holiday but have only gained 1lb.. so not too bad.. will be starting the exercise/sort of diet again asap...

Post..

2 letters from wescot again asking for an i&e, well I have spoken to them last month so think I will ignore for now and see if they make any more contact.. will be sitting down to do my new i & e later in the month ready to send in December..

Christmas..

Time to start shopping..! A quiet Christmas at home with dd, OH and lovely mother so no need to go overboard with food stuffs...! Have reached £105 in vouchers so anymore I get this year will go into Christmas 2017..

And back to work tomorrow.. boo.... but necessary or no pennies coming in... sure I will soon get back into the swing of it..!

That's about it for today..

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 15th Nov 16, 12:59 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Good Afternoon...

This month is rushing past and I haven't finished my shopping yet.. well truth be known I have only just started it... Have placed some online orders and picked up a few bits in town on Sunday..

Had dd home for the weekend, so lots of TV watching as we are still ploughing our way through 18 episodes of casualty.. I didn't feel well most of the weekend or yesterday so am off today and tomorrow and will be back to work on Thursday..

Think I may dig out my money paperwork this afternoon and start playing with my i & e...

No other plans for the week, hope to see best friend on Saturday evening for a catch up..Next week I have a funeral on Thursday, one of my oldest friends mum's died whilst I was away and I also got a new great god-daughter..

Just plodding along really.. and my house is a mess...well it can stay a mess as I am the only one here..!

Love Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 16th Nov 16, 12:03 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Ok, so this morning I have sat and redone my financial statement on Nedcab... I am dropping my dmp payment down from £600 pm to £404.. now of course this extends my dfd way off again.. back to 100 months which is where we started. but..... this will hopefully allow me some room to do some saving towards f & f's... also I must start saving for a car, my current one is 15 years old and isn't going to last forever..

Also dd's uni course is 4 years.. so I hopefully won't still need to pay rent after that.. third year abroad could well be a lot of expense but again I shall cross that bridge when we get there..

So I am currently on payment plans with all the creditors for different time periods. I am documenting this here so I can check back when I need to send letters and change payments.. Of course if they contact me with demands I can start my new dmp payments from then... So all will be getting £5 in December..

M & S - 3 month plan - no written confirmation from them so will send new dmp letter and offer new payment from January.

Lowell (Creation) - Need to confirm that this has defaulted.. has been sold so under Section 87/88 the original creditor should default before selling, they didn't as far as I am aware and I have no default notice. They also annoyingly don't show on noddle and clearscore is rubbish and although this is my only cc on it, I can't see where they are marking it.... so a letter will be going off when I restart my new dmp amount.. They have confirmed 3 months or as long as you need.. so if they don't make contact new dmp payment will be April

PRA - 6 months from October so April.

Apex - 6 months from October so April.

Wescot - 2 cc's - 6 months October so April

Capital One - 6 months October so April

NW x 2 - Nov - January so will send letter and new amounts in December. New Payment will start February. Will also be writing about the non updating of my Credit file for one of these accounts.. they sent me £100 last time...

Back in a minute..
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 16th Nov 16, 12:09 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Right, didn't want to lose the post and it was getting quite long..

So in effect I won't be doing my full dmp payment until April 2017.. but will restart them as/if/when I receive communication from each creditor..

Payments..

December - £45 (£5 per creditor)
    January - £40 (8 creditors) + £28.59 (m & S)
    February - £30 (6 creditors) + £117.01 (m & s, NW x2)
    March - As above
    April - £404 and repeat....

We shall see how it goes...!!

Puzz. x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 16th Nov 16, 2:27 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Me again.. gosh I have a lot of waffle today..

I have just been approved for one of those dodgy high interest credit cards.....JUST... to use and pay for probably petrol..to help my credit rating as I use cash for this every week and will be paying it off in full every month....credit limits is tiny which is perfect.. or should that be purrfect.....!

They weren't interested in my 40K+ debt or my many defaults...

So glad I have my dmp and I love self managing now I know what I am doing...!!!

Love Puzz.x
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 16th Nov 16, 5:21 PM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 17,686 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Me again.. gosh I have a lot of waffle today..

I have just been approved for one of those dodgy high interest credit cards.....JUST... to use and pay for probably petrol..to help my credit rating as I use cash for this every week and will be paying it off in full every month....credit limits is tiny which is perfect.. or should that be purrfect.....!

They weren't interested in my 40K+ debt or my many defaults...

So glad I have my dmp and I love self managing now I know what I am doing...!!!

Love Puzz.x
    Originally posted by Puzzcat
    Well done, Puzz. I wouldn't worry too much about the tiny credit limit. Most companies start off low and then 'up' it once you've proved you are reliable at paying it off. I've been considering doing exactly the same thing as you. I see on my Noddle account when I check the credit card eligibility checker that I'm '100% likely' to be accepted for 4 of them. I haven't filled in any online form or anything yet, this is just from browsing the credit card page but the matches are based on my score so it's probably accurate. The interest rates are eye-wateringly high but would be worth it for exactly the reasons you gave. I too would be paying it off before any interest is added. Just a case now of deciding which one to apply for as I don't want to muddy the waters with more than one search on my file.

The problem is that, unlike you, I'm still with Stepchange and they frown on us taking on more credit. I really want to go self-managed but not quite yet
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 16-11-2016 at 5:24 PM.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2016: Jan-Nov:£2787.65: Dec:£61.27
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £620.00/£3000

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Paid (on DMP): £29917. Balance: £26887
    Over halfway
    • Puzzcat
    • By Puzzcat 17th Nov 16, 9:41 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    Puzzcat
    Well done, Puzz. I wouldn't worry too much about the tiny credit limit. Most companies start off low and then 'up' it once you've proved you are reliable at paying it off. I've been considering doing exactly the same thing as you. I see on my Noddle account when I check the credit card eligibility checker that I'm '100% likely' to be accepted for 4 of them. I haven't filled in any online form or anything yet, this is just from browsing the credit card page but the matches are based on my score so it's probably accurate. The interest rates are eye-wateringly high but would be worth it for exactly the reasons you gave. I too would be paying it off before any interest is added. Just a case now of deciding which one to apply for as I don't want to muddy the waters with more than one search on my file.

The problem is that, unlike you, I'm still with Stepchange and they frown on us taking on more credit. I really want to go self-managed but not quite yet
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    Yep cbc, self managed is the way to go! Only when your ready though.. ! xx
    Pot Of Gold - £335.00
    MY DIARY -
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,154Posts Today

5,924Users online

Martin's Twitter