Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 19
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 1:24 PM
    • 16,627 Posts
    • 25,999 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You!!!8217;ve posted this on 3 unconnected threads. Please stop.

You need to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, then if you have any subsequent queries, post a new thread of your own.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Advice on met
    • By Advice on met 4th Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Advice on met
    Please mind your own business if you don't have nothing f value to add to my question .
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    • 16,627 Posts
    • 25,999 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Please mind your own business if you don't have nothing f value to add to my question .
    Originally posted by Advice on met
    I can assure you that I would definitely have plenty of value to add to your question - but with your attitude, I certainly won’t now!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Advice on met
    • By Advice on met 4th Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Advice on met
    If I want to post 100 threads I can do so there is no law on here to say otherwise. I wasn't aware of any law and didn't know you was the MSE police. I have taken what you have said into consideration and have removed previous post.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 4th Dec 17, 3:38 PM
    • 8,121 Posts
    • 8,358 Thanks
    pogofish
    If I want to post 100 threads I can do so there is no law on here to say otherwise. .
    Originally posted by Advice on met
    You clearly agreed to having read and understood the board policy on Spamming/Hijacking as part of your signup, so there is no excuse for your doing this.

Now, please take the advice you have been given, read the Sticky and start your own thread!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 1:27 AM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,613 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    A successful complaint about ParkingEye at the infamous Chelmsford Riverside Retail Park (of the Beavis case):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5758472

This is the contact for the car park owners CBRE that we were given by the store manager at Riverside Retail Park:

Charlie.Gardiner-Graham@cbre.com

They were very polite and helpful, unlike Equita!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Owd Akela
    • By Owd Akela 9th Jan 18, 12:47 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Owd Akela
    I am so glad that someone else other than myself has suffered the wrath of a superior being. I gave up posting as I didn't have a clue what I was doing. All I got was a load of vitriol when I commented I didn't know the difference between a sticky, post, thread and my left elbow (which is slightly !!!!!!! - in the medical term).
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 9th Jan 18, 6:02 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 1,713 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    ParkingEye Double-Dip - cancelled by Morrisons within two working days
    Morrisons must be heartily sick of ParkingEye by now.

A couple of weeks ago, PE sent us a speculative invoice for £85 claiming that our vehicle had overstayed its welcome at Morrisons, Ross-on-Wye by nearly 5 hours.

Having obtained proof that the vehicle had made two separate visits to the car park lasting less than an hour each, we submitted a strong email of complaint to donotreply@morrisonsplc.co.uk.

Two working days later, Morrisons replied to confirm that the PCN had been cancelled..
    Last edited by Edna Basher; 09-01-2018 at 8:10 PM. Reason: Typo
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,613 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5758443

Marriott Hotels forced to call the dogs off - ParkingEye had started a court claim.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jan 18, 9:17 PM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,613 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    How to get an NHS Trust to call off a PPC (never rush POPLA, always do the complaint first):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5769736

• Olch
    • By Olch 29th Jan 18, 2:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Olch
    Success at Sainsbury's Salford
    Retailer: Sainsbury's Superstore, Salford
    Whoever cancelled it: Julie - Duty Manager at Sainsbury's, Salford
    PPC: Euro Car Parks (ECP)
    Car park: right outside Sainsbury's, Salford
    Incident date: 16/01/2018
    Scam: Pay £70 (£40 within 14 days)
    Mum's PCN came through post (no windscreen) on 25/01/2018. Crime is for shopping (parking) over 3 hours in Sainsbury's on 16/01/2018. Googled, read first link, NEWBIES guide, 'nuff read. Went in store and called down the Duty Manager, she promptly stated ECP is a different company and she can't do anything about it. Yet she was pretty confused why someone would want to give their custom to her shop for over 3 hours. Very sceptical and dying to know the truth she turned to her boy at the security stand for a glimpse into the past and confirmed CCTV footage of my mum walking in more than 3 hours before the time printed on Sainsbury's receipt. After seeing that she came to her senses and remembered her job as Duty Manager was to retain customers and offered to email ECP and cancel the PCN. Next day got a call from Sainsbury's in the evening for the good news.
    I hope this will be useful for all who use that particular car park and thanks to all contributors on these threads.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 11:02 PM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,613 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    How to get Asda to cancel a ParkingEye rogue PCN piece of trash:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5788297

I put the appeal in using your template with copy of bank statement entries and then went to ASDA customer services desk.

I soaked up the expected lecture whilst being assertive about my reasons why they should cancel the PCN. The customer service person was able to log onto their system and instruct PE to cancel the PCN.

I got them to write 'cancelled' with date, name and signature on the PCN as they said they couldn't print off or email me a confirmation of the cancellation. Two days later had a letter from PE saying the PCN was cancelled and no outstanding payments.

• Mancunian_Nick
    • By Mancunian_Nick 19th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Mancunian_Nick
    Success Story - PE - Morrisons Chorlton Manchester
    Thought I'd share *another* success story, this time a letter from Parking Eye with regard to the car park in Chorlton, Manchester.

Basically I'd parked in the Morrisons car park on Sunday 28th January after the store had closed in order to take a very dear friend of mine to the Strictly Come Dancing tour at the MEN. We parked, caught the metro/tram and had a great evening. We then came home and thought no more about it. I should add neither of us are particularly nimble or agile on our pins and it was by way of celebrating her 64th birthday and a treat for me after becoming 64 myself last November.

Anyway I digress. On Sunday 4th February, I received a letter from ParkingEye 'demanding' parking charge amount of £85 payment to be made within 28 days of date issued or, discounted to £50 if paid within 14 days of date issued. Fortunately I'd been to these threads before after a case in the car park behind the Chorlton Shopping Centre when visiting the clinic, and so decided to write because this time I had someone to write to - namely Morrisons. Before being a car park with lots of different stores, a DSS office building etc, there was none but I was incensed to receive one now as the store was closed and therefore wasn't depriving Morrisons of any financial benefit or its customers looking for a parking place to shop there so I wrote to the store manager (Alan) complaining, explaining what had happened and asking him to kindly cancel the parking ticket!

After a week I'd heard nothing so decided to call and ask and he apologised for not having contacted me but assured me that he had cancelled the ticket *immediately* upon reading my letter and that I should receive no further contact from ParkingEye, which at the time of writing I haven't, and that if I did, to take it/them into him and he would get it sorted out for me. I'd also mentioned that as the store was closed at the time, I clearly hadn't gone into shop on that occasion but that I was a customer, both in store *and* online so he said he hoped that it restored my faith in Morrisons, which I assured him it had and yes, I will continue to shop with them but if I'd not at the time been aware of much that is contained within these threads with regard to private parking tickets, I might simply have rolled over and, albeit with great reluctance, found myself paying this exorbitant charge so if this helps others who find themselves in this situation being able to extricate themselves from it, that would be great!

Cheers, Nick
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 16,627 Posts
    • 25,999 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well done on getting Ms to cancel. They seem to not like PE!

that I should receive no further contact from ParkingEye
    Ordinarily PE write to the registered keeper to confirm cancellation, so you might just get one final contact from them.

Good work.

• nlr
    • By nlr 19th Feb 18, 12:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nlr
    Popla Appea Rejected
    Just hoping someone can assist. I received two car parking charges within three days for parking my vehicle in a private car park. As I have two young children I use the app to pay as it is safer than standing in the road. Unfortunately, I didn't update the app with my new car registration, only bought two months previously, and my old reg was automatically entered. I appealed to Popla as I had the evidence that I had paid for my parking but that due to an administrative error the app was not updated. Do I have a case to further appeal this as it was a genuine error and I had paid for the parking.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 40,938 Posts
    • 81,719 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Just hoping someone can assist. I received two car parking charges within three days for parking my vehicle in a private car park. As I have two young children I use the app to pay as it is safer than standing in the road. Unfortunately, I didn't update the app with my new car registration, only bought two months previously, and my old reg was automatically entered. I appealed to Popla as I had the evidence that I had paid for my parking but that due to an administrative error the app was not updated. Do I have a case to further appeal this as it was a genuine error and I had paid for the parking.
    Originally posted by nlr
    You need to start your own thread if you want further help. All you can do otherwise is ignore anything you get now except real court papers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,471Users online

Martin's Twitter