Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 18
    • Owd Akela
    • By Owd Akela 28th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Owd Akela
    Many thanks for a reply in English.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 51,855 Posts
    • 65,486 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Let's get this ''successful complaints'' thread back on topic:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5713511

CEL at a leisure centre, bothering genuine patrons with demands for money.

One assertive complaint - CANCELLED!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pogofish
    • By pogofish 28th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,058 Thanks
    pogofish
    There was absolutely NO intention of hijacking - just a blonde old bint who doesn't know what she's doing. Was that not apparent with the terminology and questions used?
    Originally posted by Owd Akela
    Rot..!

You clearly agreed to the forum definition and policy on thread hijacking as part of your signup. Along with confirming that you had read and understood the basic posting guide - You simply would not be able to post here otherwise!
    • dozyrosie
    • By dozyrosie 2nd Oct 17, 3:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dozyrosie
    Sorry. I am new to the site. Didn't mean any offence.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 51,855 Posts
    • 65,486 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    CCJ issued without any notification and need to get it removed!
    I don't know if anyone else has been in this position but I recently found out via a high level security check that there is a CCJ on my daughter's name which she was not aware of. After a lot of investigation we have found out that the alleged offence occurred when she was working abroad. No information has ever been received from the claimant (a car park enforcement company) or the court and despite emailing and ringing the claimant, leaving a message, she still has not received any response.
    Apparently to get a County Court Judgement set aside it will cost £225! I find this appalling particularly as she wasn't even in the country, has received no information regarding the initial fine or subsequent court action.
    Has anyone else had experience of this or been able to remove the CCJ without cost?
    I would be grateful for any help in this matter.
    What have you done in the past month, to get this set aside then, like other posters have:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5710008

All they (and you) needed to know about setting aside a CCJ was in the NEWBIES thread post #2, and my signature under every post I make, tells newbies where to click - 2 clicks and you are reading the sticky thread.

NO replies here.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    • 51,855 Posts
    • 65,486 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Let's get this ''successful complaints'' thread back on topic with an Athena/Lidl fake PCN:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5714518

One assertive complaint to Lidl Customer Service - CANCELLED!

• BOBFOC
    • By BOBFOC 10th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    BOBFOC
    [QUOTE=Coupon-mad;73205726
    [/QUOTE]

My complaint to East Of England Co-Operative CEO has seen the purported £100 charge cancelled!! See my post here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73242959&postcount=41

The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
    ~Frank Zappa
    • pieman_71
    • By pieman_71 3rd Nov 17, 1:26 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    pieman_71
    Success!
    Aldi cancelled my parking charge (ParkingEye) a day after emailing them with a copy of my receipt. Wouldn't have even tried it were it not for the advice on here, so thank you all concerned!
    • Sheriff Bob
    • By Sheriff Bob 18th Nov 17, 6:26 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Sheriff Bob
    Successfull Popla Appeal vs Spring Parking LTD
    Successfull Popla Appeal vs Spring Parking Ltd,
    As Spring Parking did not provide any evidence to Popla!
    I believe their NTK was issued late!
    However we are still recieving threatening Letters from Debt recovery Plus Ltd for the same PCN, pay fine or possible court action!
    Any advice plz.
    I am ignoring the DRP bullies for now...
    Last edited by Sheriff Bob; 18-11-2017 at 6:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    Any advice plz.
    I am ignoring the DRP bullies for now...
    Originally posted by Sheriff Bob
    Yes, carry on doing that.

If you need further guidance or have more questions, please start your own thread. Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Nov 17, 10:35 PM
    • 51,855 Posts
    • 65,486 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This poster got three PCNs cancelled, by vociferous complaints to retailers:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5745739

• SouthEastMum
    • By SouthEastMum 22nd Nov 17, 2:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SouthEastMum
    Meridian Shopping Centre and ParkingEye
    Hi all,

Just wanted to share a success story of complaining to a retailer and having the parking charge withdrawn.

I was contacted by ParkingEye to say I had not purchased at ticket at the Meridian Centre Car Park in Havant, Hampshire. I remember the day because I had no coins on me and the only debit card parking machine was out of order. I got the baby out of the car, noticed the out of order machine, got the baby back in, and left. I was in the car park for 24 minutes and charged £100.

I contacted the shopping centre manager and complained. He asked for photographs of the letter from Parking Eye, which I sent.

Here is his reply:

XXXX,

Afternoon and apologies it is not our intention to try and catch customers out and maybe you didnít realise there were other machines in the lobby but in any case I have requested to our contractor to cancel the attached charge.

I trust this resolves the matter and hopefully we look forward to seeing you again at the centre over Christmas.

Regards

Rob

Rob Fryer DipSCM
    Centre Manager
    Meridian Shopping Centre
    Elm Lane
    Havant
    Hampshire
    PO9 1UN

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 22nd Nov 17, 2:53 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 3,214 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    we look forward to seeing you again at the centre over Christmas.
    Anyone with a ticket at a Retail Park or Centre should hammer the issue of Xmas spend. This time of year is critical for them and they don't want people going online just to avoid parking charges.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Olivia24
    • By Olivia24 23rd Nov 17, 2:54 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Olivia24
    Everyone with a Crown Wharf PCN, should complain in droves to Ed Barraclough about ParkingEye at Crown Wharf, EVERY time.

Imagine if he received more complaints about ParkingEye at Crown Wharf than any other contact, every day at work.

The signs there at Crown Wharf are woeful but the previous managing agent for Crown Wharf wouldn't have it, and only occasionally cancelled a ParkingEye PCN at Crown Wharf.

See what I did there, Google hits about ParkingEye at Crown Wharf might pick this thread up.

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Hello,

Just stumbled across this contact after being in a similar position(with crown wharf also). Just wanted to check whether in this email too, it is important to not state who the driver was, even though it is not an appeal to the fine? Needing to draft up an email. Also, should I send the ParkingEye appeal at the same time?

Best regards and thank you for all the info! A lot to take in but hoping your guys advice will help me with the appeal process.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 23rd Nov 17, 9:29 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Never reveal the driver unless you are sure why you are doing so.
    • debbielil
    • By debbielil 23rd Nov 17, 2:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    debbielil
    g24 parking fine
    Hi i received a parking charge notice from G24 ... i then went on to appeals and put in my contractual parking number and a notice came up saying
    UNABLE TO FIND YOUR CONTRACTUAL CHARGE NOTICE NUMBER
    i then tried the number on the IAS appeal site and again can't find number.
    I then thought i'll see if the number would go through if i tried to pay parking charge on G24 online site and it then went through to payments .
    Now i dont know wot to do as i really feel i have been given this ticket unfairly and would like to appeal has any one got any ideas what i should do .....
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 23rd Nov 17, 6:08 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    Hi i received a parking charge notice from G24 ... i then went on to appeals and put in my contractual parking number and a notice came up saying
    UNABLE TO FIND YOUR CONTRACTUAL CHARGE NOTICE NUMBER
    i then tried the number on the IAS appeal site and again can't find number.
    I then thought i'll see if the number would go through if i tried to pay parking charge on G24 online site and it then went through to payments .
    Now i dont know wot to do as i really feel i have been given this ticket unfairly and would like to appeal has any one got any ideas what i should do .....
    Originally posted by debbielil
    Hello Debbielil, welcome to the forums.
    Perhaps you have left it too late to appeal.
    When did you get the PCN?

Don't answer that question here, but if you want further help please start your own thread.
    • dazedandconfused_123
    • By dazedandconfused_123 23rd Nov 17, 7:02 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    dazedandconfused_123
    Good Evening to all

Got home to find a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye for overstaying on Aldi car park 18 minutes, totally accept that, I was in Aldi spending nearly £90 on 67 items including a fair few Christmas pressies!

Rang Aldi customer services and they asked me to email photos of my receipt, which I have done.

Will wait and cross my fingers.... (Glad I had the receipt)
    Thanks to all posters for your never ending help and support

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd Nov 17, 8:39 PM
    • 15,956 Posts
    • 24,760 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Good Evening to all

Got home to find a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye for overstaying on Aldi car park 18 minutes, totally accept that, I was in Aldi spending nearly £90 on 67 items including a fair few Christmas pressies!

Rang Aldi customer services and they asked me to email photos of my receipt, which I have done.

Will wait and cross my fingers.... (Glad I had the receipt)
    Originally posted by dazedandconfused_123
    No more responses on this thread other than to confirm a cancellation (so others learn), but please use the template, blue text initial appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, adding a paragraph to say the driver was a genuine customer spending over £90 - and here is a copy of the receipt (or redacted credit card statement).

And watch this cancelled in a few days. In parallel complain to the Aldi HQ Parking Department (yes, they have one to deal with all the crap PE cause them) that a genuine customer who has spent just short of £100 is being pursued by their agent and just wtf is going on. Do they not value high spending customers?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • vienly
    • By vienly 4th Dec 17, 10:38 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    vienly
    Success

My complaint to Lidl, although didn't use template, we did take advice from others with same issue with Lidl.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73500926#post73500926
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin