Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 17
    • luv2spend
    • By luv2spend 23rd Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    luv2spend
    I received an Athena PCN at Lidl for overstaying by 15 mins and thanks to the advice on the MSE forums, I emailed Lidl's CEO and received a reply from their Customer Services team confirming that my PCN would be cancelled. Thank you ☺
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jul 17, 10:32 PM
    • 51,534 Posts
    • 65,137 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Re MET 'parking charges from McDonalds, forget complaining to McD's Head Office, but instead always complain assertively to the local manager in the restaurant:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5670253

Seen these cancelled time and again by local McD's Managers.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Treas0n
    • By Treas0n 17th Aug 17, 11:51 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Treas0n
    ParkingEye PCN received for overstaying in Marriott Waltham Abbey car park. I sent my appeal to ParkingEye which was promptly rejected.

I was in the middle of formulating my POPLA appeal when i saw that some people had success by contacting Marriott directly - i decided it was worth a shot considering i had some days to spare before i needed to send off my POPLA appeal.

After sending an email to both customer.care@Marriott.com and the Marriott CEO, I sat and waited for a few days with no response. Growing frustrated I called the Marriott Customer Care number - 020 7012 7312 - and asked for an update. I was informed that my ticket was in a queue and had not been sent to relevant person yet - but as i was on the phone, they would expedite the ticket immediately and that i should receive a response within 3 days.

Within that time frame i received a call from (whom i believe was) the branch manager of Marriott Waltham Abbey and he discussed my email and that he has asked ParkingEye to reconsider the decision - this does not mean that they will cancel it, but he mentioned that it more often than not succeeds - ParkingEye have (i believe) 20 days to respond. Obviously i needed a response before this deadline as my chance for POPLA appeal was also slowly ticking away.

Approx 1 week later i received a letter from ParkingEye stating that the PCN has now been cancelled.

I would like to thank the members of the forum for their amazing advice (I wouldn't have got anywhere without you guys and gals) and for the very helpful and understanding manager at Marriott Waltham Abbey.

-Treas0n
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Aug 17, 12:06 PM
    • 15,523 Posts
    • 24,245 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Approx 1 week later i received a letter from ParkingEye stating that the PCN has now been cancelled

I would like to thank the members of the forum for their amazing advice (I wouldn't have got anywhere without you guys and gals) and for the very helpful and understanding manager at Marriott Waltham Abbey.

-Treas0n
    There you go! The power of the landowner complaint, writ large. We nearly always advise complaining as we have seen it work so many times. But there is a innate reticence among many to complain, some even electing to pay the penalty to avoid complaining. Gladly you didn't - so well done you, great result.

Avoid PE car parks in future. Any you do, write to the retailer/hotel (or whatever) and explain reasons why you will not support their business while they employ such parking companies. You could have a ready made template email to fire off.

You can make a difference.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Aug 17, 12:04 AM
    • 51,534 Posts
    • 65,137 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697923

The email address to use to complain to the CEO about an Athena PCN at Lidl.

NEVER PAY ONE.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• CM295
    • By CM295 14th Sep 17, 5:47 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    CM295
    Another success against Parking Eye!
    I received a PCN from Parking Eye for parking at the Crown Wharf shopping centre, Walsall. After reading the newbies thread and various others, I appealed using the relevant letter and also added in that as keeper of the car, I had received the PCN 16 days after the incident which was rather late.

I also emailed the head guy at Crown Wharf (I think? It's somebody important anyway..) as suggested in another thread at ed.barraclough@broadgateestates.co.uk. I expressed how disheartened I was, as a loyal customer, to have received such an outrageous charge and asked if there was anything he could kindly do to cancel it.

I didn't hear back, but today I received a letter from Parking Eye to say the PCN had been cancelled! So I am unsure if this was due to the appeal or the email to Ed? Either way, i'm happy and relieved.

Thank you to everybody on this forum who takes the time to help people and write such fantastic advice!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Sep 17, 6:03 PM
    • 51,534 Posts
    • 65,137 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Everyone with a Crown Wharf PCN, should complain in droves to Ed Barraclough about ParkingEye at Crown Wharf, EVERY time.

Imagine if he received more complaints about ParkingEye at Crown Wharf than any other contact, every day at work.

The signs there at Crown Wharf are woeful but the previous managing agent for Crown Wharf wouldn't have it, and only occasionally cancelled a ParkingEye PCN at Crown Wharf.

See what I did there, Google hits about ParkingEye at Crown Wharf might pick this thread up.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 14-09-2017 at 6:07 PM.

• Ultima
    • By Ultima 15th Sep 17, 7:32 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Ultima
    Successfully cancelled homebase G24 ticket
    I successfully managed to cancel a ticket from G24 for parking at Homebase in North Finchley and here is the story:

On 26th August I went to Homebase in North Finchley to buy gardening stuff, spent nearly £100.

On 5th September I came home to see I've received a £100 charge notice from G24 with issue date 31st August for parking at homebase for 130 minutes rather than the allowed 90 minutes. Looks like homebase really doesn't want customers.

Spent the whole evening going through the internet, initially was going to ignore it but thanks to the advice on this forum I took actions:

Sent this as a message (not tweet) to @Homebase_help:
    Today I received a £100 parking charge notice for half an hour extra parking while spending nearly £100 in your North Finchley store! Absolutely disgusted, totally ruined my night. Need you to cancel this
    Then I wrote this email to enquiries@homebase.co.uk and attached the receipt and the letter from G24:
    Dear sir/madam,

This evening I've come back from work to be presented with the attached PCN for a shopping trip I made to your North Finchley branch where I spent nearly £100 (receipt attached). It took 15 minutes just to get everything into the car! This is outrageous!!!

I need you to step in and simply, immediately cancel the PCN, just like Halfords and Aldi and Tesco and Morrisons and Lidl and other firms do when customers complain about this over-zealous ticketing of customers. If you cannot do so, please escalate it to someone who can, this week, now.

I am aware Homebase have cancelled PCNs before from the time I spent reading up online this evening and I require Homebase to step in if you wish to retain my family's business in future. And if this is not resolved this week, I will be putting a complaint on your (Homebase's) facebook page and complaining to the Store Manager as well as spreading the word on other social media sites including Twitter.

Regards,
    Actually that was mostly copied from your post coupon-mad here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=70540676&postcount=13
    THANKS!

Then on 7th September I received this email from specialorders2.North-Finchley-London...sestores.co.uk:
    Good Afternoon,

The parking ticket you received which you have made us aware of has been cancelled. You should receive a confirmation letter in the post within 3 - 5 days.

Many thanks.

Regards,
    J'aivaan
    Admin & Service Support

Contact Number 0345 640 7588
    And finally yesterday received a letter from G24 which just said:

Further to your dispute regarding the above Contractual Parking Charge Notice, we would like to confirm that this has been waived.

No further action is required by you.

Yours Faithfully

G24 Ltd
    So yeah great success! Thanks to coupon-mad and the rest of you on this forum.

It is still very annoying that I had to waste a whole evening and stress over it all just because homebase put their parking time limit to 90 minutes which I didn't notice and is too short for such a big store, they really need to up their limit to at least 3 hours or get rid of G24 completely!
    Last edited by Ultima; 15-09-2017 at 7:39 AM. Reason: typo
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 15th Sep 17, 8:55 AM
    • 2,373 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    well done ....

how about helping the cause ...

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

let here know that there have been many complaints about this car park scam

he/ she may well help intervene

good luck

Ralph
    • patricia monk
    • By patricia monk 15th Sep 17, 2:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    patricia monk
    My daughter was given a parking charge 2 years age she understood that on a sunday it was free whent in to asda at 3.50 and was out by 4pm. She did wright to them. The car is in my name so I am now receiving letters from Equita telling me that Ihave a debt of £130.00 this is now frightening me what do I do please help
    Patricia Monk
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 15th Sep 17, 2:45 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 13,680 Thanks
    trisontana
    My daughter was given a parking charge 2 years age she understood that on a sunday it was free whent in to asda at 3.50 and was out by 4pm. She did wright to them. The car is in my name so I am now receiving letters from Equita telling me that Ihave a debt of £130.00 this is now frightening me what do I do please help
    Patricia Monk
    Originally posted by patricia monk
    You really need to start your own thread. This one is just to list successes against parking companies
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • dozyrosie
    • By dozyrosie 15th Sep 17, 4:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dozyrosie
    CCJ issued without any notification and need to get it removed!
    I don't know if anyone else has been in this position but I recently found out via a high level security check that there is a CCJ on my daughter's name which she was not aware of. After a lot of investigation we have found out that the alleged offence occurred when she was working abroad. No information has ever been received from the claimant (a car park enforcement company) or the court and despite emailing and ringing the claimant, leaving a message, she still has not received any response.
    Apparently to get a County Court Judgement set aside it will cost £225! I find this appalling particularly as she wasn't even in the country, has received no information regarding the initial fine or subsequent court action.
    Has anyone else had experience of this or been able to remove the CCJ without cost?
    I would be grateful for any help in this matter.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Sep 17, 5:04 PM
    • 6,348 Posts
    • 8,152 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I don't know if anyone else has been in this position but I recently found out via a high level security check that there is a CCJ on my daughter's name which she was not aware of. After a lot of investigation we have found out that the alleged offence occurred when she was working abroad. No information has ever been received from the claimant (a car park enforcement company) or the court and despite emailing and ringing the claimant, leaving a message, she still has not received any response.
    Apparently to get a County Court Judgement set aside it will cost £225! I find this appalling particularly as she wasn't even in the country, has received no information regarding the initial fine or subsequent court action.
    Has anyone else had experience of this or been able to remove the CCJ without cost?
    I would be grateful for any help in this matter.
    Originally posted by dozyrosie
    YOU must start your own thread for help, not this one

Take it up with Theresa May PM, she vowed to look into
    the abuse of CCJ system ....... what has she done ... NOTHING
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ReverendFlatus
    • By ReverendFlatus 28th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ReverendFlatus
    Parking Eye success - 175 Medical Centre Patients
    My mother, who is 84 and can't walk very far or very quickly, had an appointment at the clinic at 177 Preston Road Brighton. This is next door to a doctor's surgery at 175 who use Parking Eye to 'manage' their car park. She wasn't sure where the clinic was and parked in this car park while she enquired at the surgery. She was told she should be next door and walked around to 177 to check and then back to the car. According to Parking Eye this took 35 minutes. She doesn't walk very fast and had to wait in a queue to speak to a receptionist in both buildings so it could have been that long although she says it was more like 15 minutes. She then left the car park to go next door. Then the parking charge notice arrived demanding £100.

I said I'd deal with it, I have experience in these matters!

I immediately appealed the charge on Parking Eye's web site asking them to either cancel the charge or give me a code for appeal. I didn't give them an email address so they would have to use the postal address to buy some time, I'm not sure if this is a good tactic. However, I also called the surgery to see if I could get the charge cancelled by them. Unfortunately I spoke to someone who didn't seem to understand that they were employing Parking Eye and could instruct them to cancel the charge. They kept telling me that "It's nothing to do with us, they're a private company.", but I did get the name of the surgery manager from them. The manager had a far better attitude and said they would speak to Parking Eye, "but could make no promises".

In the meantime Parking Eye sent out a form to be filled in by the registered keeper to confirm I was acting on their behalf. This hasn't been returned because -
    I got a call a couple of days later from the surgery manager (yesterday, as at time of writing) to say the charge had been cancelled with the usual caveat of "this time only, for this one charge". I checked Parking Eye's web site and the charge has indeed been cancelled, I don't know whether they will write to let me know.

In my experience the best way to deal with these bottom-feeders is to speak to the person who handles the parking contract directly, or failing that, as high up the organisation as you can find a name for, preferably the CEO or MD.

Some things of note:

The signage at the car park is pretty good, difficult to miss or misunderstand.

The photographs on the parking charge notice showing the vehicle entering and leaving are really poor. There is no context, they could have been taken anywhere.

The printing on the back is really bad making the "Protection of freedoms act" and "Further information" text practically unreadable.

So, take heart people. Never, ever pay up, always make it as difficult as possible for these maggots and one day maybe they'll go the same way as clamping.
    • Owd Akela
    • By Owd Akela 28th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Owd Akela
    HELP I really don't have a clue I don't know my threads from my posts. Basically I posted originally about two months ago about ES Parking Solutions trying to 'do' me for doing something I'd been doing for years. Parking up outside Accrington Market Hall, with my hazards on, as advised years previously by a parking attendant. I didn't have a parking permit as these were in short supply. I call in weekly or thereabouts to collect empty drinks cans from two cafes and then sort, crush and weigh in for charity. I don't claim any expenses not even petrol money.

Below is my time line.

11/7/17 Parking charge notice received received 13/7/17.
    13/7/17 letter to ES appealing above notice - no facilities on website to make contact in any way unless paying - NOT.
    27/7/17 appeal rejection dated 25/7/17 received from ES. Unable to lodge appeal with the IAS until 4th September as I was away from home in my motorhome (that's why I bought it) and didn't return to work till 29th August. I use the PC at work (part time) but I was busy helping out other departments due to staff shortages so was a lot busier than normal.
    7th September email received from IAS to say that I was out of time to lodge an appeal. They informed me that I was able to use the Non-Standard procedure, which needs the permission of the parking operator.
    14th September I wrote to ES Parking Enforcement appealing to their better nature (they don't have one).
    18th September received Debt Collection Notice from ZZPS.
    On 27th September I emailed ZZPS in reply to their email dated 22nd September ( I had been off work 22nd, 25th and 26th). I told ZZPS that I was still waiting for a reply from ES to my letter dated 14th September.
    28th September received badly worded email from ZZPS - "Good morning. Thank you for your email. Please be advised we are passed this account at the debt recovery stage and the time to appeal has passed. Our client has confirmed this PCN has been issued correctly and the correct process followed. Please arrange payment, in the absence of payment the account will progress".

I can you tell you now that the correct process has not been followed. ES are insisting I was parked on Peel Street Accrington. At that time 27th June Peel Street was still a bus station.

I have googled maps and between where I was parked and Peel Street is a great big building called the Market Hall. If you google it yourself and use satellite feature you can see all the buildings and the area I was parked is on the left of the Market Hall which has no street name.

What do I do now? Do I hold out till the bitter end, have my day in court, then point out that they've got the location wrong?

There is now parking on Peel Street which is enforced by Lancashire County Council, as they've got the official parking notices displayed on the lamposts.

I am getting to the end of my tether as I'm no techie and no good on forums - I don't even use Facebook - I have a life - it's called 'real'.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 28th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 7,785 Posts
    • 7,879 Thanks
    pogofish
    Please keep this to your existing thread!

Here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5685971
    • Owd Akela
    • By Owd Akela 28th Sep 17, 5:04 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Owd Akela
    As I said at the beginning of my last post - I don't know my threads from my posts. In English please what do I do with the link?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 28th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 7,785 Posts
    • 7,879 Thanks
    pogofish
    You post on it - Hijacking this thread will not get you best help.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 4,485 Posts
    • 2,806 Thanks
    KeithP
    In English please what do I do with the link?
    Originally posted by Owd Akela
    Click on it.
    It is a link to your already existing thread.
    It is where you should have posted your 4:24pm post.
    • Owd Akela
    • By Owd Akela 28th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Owd Akela
    There was absolutely NO intention of hijacking - just a blonde old bint who doesn't know what she's doing. Was that not apparent with the terminology and questions used?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,722Posts Today

9,073Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sadly for those buying jointly "Where there are joint purchasers, all purchasers would need to be first-time buyers. "

• First time buyers usually defined as someone who has never owned or part owned a property https://t.co/yM3urZNs8z

• You will not pay stamp duty https://t.co/vHoCWiUXfo

• Follow Martin