Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 16
    • ragnar
    • By ragnar 18th Feb 17, 4:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ragnar
    Marriott
    Received a PE PCN for the Marriott at Manchester Airport. Very annoyed as I had paid for the extra 3 hours on top of the complementary 3 hours but, by now, had thrown the ticket away and couldn't prove I'd paid.

Appealed to PE and got nowhere and then found this forum. As a result, I complained vociferously to customer.care@Marriott.com and the charge was cancelled within 48 hours!

All thanks to this forum
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Feb 17, 4:54 PM
    • 12,265 Posts
    • 18,733 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Just shows it can be done and is a legitimate and very powerful way to kill a parking charge. The big problem is that many of the people turning up here are shrinking violets and would much prefer for a wand to be waived and magic dust sprinkled on their case by forum stalwarts. In the real world, it ain't going to happen.

Well done on your tenacity.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Feb 17, 8:23 PM
    • 45,245 Posts
    • 57,906 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Received a PE PCN for the Marriott at Manchester Airport. Very annoyed as I had paid for the extra 3 hours on top of the complementary 3 hours but, by now, had thrown the ticket away and couldn't prove I'd paid.

Appealed to PE and got nowhere and then found this forum. As a result, I complained vociferously to customer.care@Marriott.com and the charge was cancelled within 48 hours!

All thanks to this forum
    Originally posted by ragnar
    Thanks for this and for posting the email for Marriott Hotels, for such complaints.

PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• JB2003
    • By JB2003 20th Feb 17, 3:24 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JB2003
    ParkingEye at Hospital...

hxxp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72088200
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Mar 17, 11:46 PM
    • 45,245 Posts
    • 57,906 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Email address to get Lidl to cancel an Athena 'PCN':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5615802

And no, don't just use the Customer Service email addy on its own - the successes come where people email Lidl's CEO, this has been proven on threads again and again.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 17, 8:22 PM
    • 45,245 Posts
    • 57,906 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Email address to get Aldi to cancel a ParkingEye threat of a PCN:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5616452&page=2

And no, don't just use the Customer Service email addy on its own - most successes come where people email CEOs; this has been proven on threads again and again.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Mar 17, 11:34 AM
    • 12,265 Posts
    • 18,733 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Here's a case where FarmFoods intervened on behalf of a customer being bothered by ParkingEye.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72254632#post72254632
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Margaret5
    • By Margaret5 19th Apr 17, 8:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Margaret5
    Lichfield Trent Valley & Indigo parking
    I had a Penalty Notice attached to my car for failing to park in a marked space in March 2017. The back car park was full so I joined a row of cars right at the back, against a fence, where there is lots of space but no white line markings. However there are also no 'No Parking' signs. I waited 26 days and copied the advised text for a BPA member to Indigo's appeal website (as an attachment as they don't leave enough space in the comments box), but added a paragraph saying there were no 'No Parking' signs, other cars were also parked there, I didn't cause an obstruction and paid for a full day's parking. I also said the penalty was unreasonable as there was no loss as I had already paid, and sent a copy of a receipt for parking that day. Within 48 hrs I had a reply saying my appeal was successful and the penalty had been cancelled.

I will still email London Modland as they need to either put up 'No Parking' signs or stop Indigo from issuing tickets at random as they please - I had parked there previously on 2 occasions without being given a ticket, so I believe they are accepting that it's OK to park there as 'custom & practice'. Many thanks for all the helpful posts - it was quite stressful getting the penalty notice in the first place!
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 19th Apr 17, 9:05 PM
    • 2,056 Posts
    • 1,977 Thanks
    DoaM
    PENALTY notice? Are you sure?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 17, 9:10 PM
    • 45,245 Posts
    • 57,906 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes if it was a railway car park (London Midland Trains) Indigo do imitate a 'penalty' charge but as we know it's not a real one and POPLA would have kicked it out.

• Margaret5
    • By Margaret5 20th Apr 17, 12:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Margaret5
    Sorry Penalty Charge I think were the actual words on it (not at home to check - have it pinned on my fridge &#128522. & yes it was London Midlands rail car park.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

335Posts Today

4,262Users online

Martin's Twitter