Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 20
    • alanq
    • By alanq 11th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 2,382 Thanks
    alanq
    Pringles 190g up to 200g but the price is so variable that it is impossible to compare.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Jul 17, 9:45 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 13,030 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I'm sure Hula Hoops used to be in multipacks of 7. Now 6. As got 3 Original and 2 of each of SnV and another flavour
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 14th Jul 17, 10:36 PM
    • 2,040 Posts
    • 860 Thanks
    20aday
    Its probably spurious, as this is a brand that is often discounted / can be found on offer.

Ice-cream manufacturers can afford to be "generous": their secret ingredient (upto 50%) to make the product soft and whippy is in fact air
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    That and amongst the delicious ingredients you can find glucose-fructose syrup which they reckon is really bad for you!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 22nd Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 13,030 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Colman sauces such as horseradish have shrunk from around 225-250g to 145g.

If your family have this it won't last a Sunday roast
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 23rd Jul 17, 9:34 AM
    • 2,040 Posts
    • 860 Thanks
    20aday
    Some of Colman's products are manufactured in Germany which is why they've probably shrunk (Pound vs. Euro)-I noticed at work last night Nestle Shreddies were 500g but have shrunk to 415g.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 24th Jul 17, 2:03 PM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 6,526 Thanks
    A. Badger
    This just in (as they say):

More than 2,500 products subject to shrinkflation, says ONS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40703866

And to forestall the usual political axe grinders on this forum, let me add from the ONS's conclusion: "Our analysis doesn't show a noticeable change following the referendum that would point to a Brexit effect."

So it is down to greedy companies taking advantage, much as the wiser commenters suspected all along.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th Jul 17, 7:40 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    So it is down to greedy companies taking advantage, much as the wiser commenters suspected all along.
    Originally posted by A. Badger
    Its a demonstration of market forces and a real-life lesson in economics.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • maman
    • By maman 24th Jul 17, 8:33 PM
    • 16,639 Posts
    • 99,365 Thanks
    maman
    This just in (as they say):

More than 2,500 products subject to shrinkflation, says ONS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40703866

And to forestall the usual political axe grinders on this forum, let me add from the ONS's conclusion: "Our analysis doesn't show a noticeable change following the referendum that would point to a Brexit effect."

Originally posted by A. Badger
    It amazed me that they've just realised that you need to compare cost per kg. Apparently they've been using unit costs while the units keep shrinking. Doh!!!
    • Alyson16
    • By Alyson16 11th Aug 17, 6:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alyson16
    Concerning Colman's resizing of its condiments jars from 250ml to 150ml - the price definitely does not reflect this change. On contacting the company they say the smaller jars are expensive to produce, they are concerned with food wastage, and family sizes are getting smaller...

Just seems a total 'con' to me and I won't be buying unless they reinstate the larger jars.

Please complain to the company Freephone - 0800 281 026 - it may listen.
    Last edited by Alyson16; 11-08-2017 at 6:13 PM. Reason: First post made and I did not realise others had commented.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 13th Aug 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,040 Posts
    • 860 Thanks
    20aday
    I can't comment on Cadbury Roses but their Christmas tubs of Heroes have shrunk AGAIN this year-down to 660g incl. wraps.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 15th Aug 17, 11:00 AM
    • 7,118 Posts
    • 9,928 Thanks
    KxMx
    M&M pouches are so small now I'm switching to the Poundland version which is 200g. They are simply too small for my baking needs!
    • pakokelso93
    • By pakokelso93 1st Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 229 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    pakokelso93
    I have spotted in the shops Lurpak 750g packs. Usually they are 500g then 1KG. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that a sign of them shunting the 1KG ones?
    PK!
    • mummygems
    • By mummygems 6th Sep 17, 1:22 PM
    • 332 Posts
    • 3,913 Thanks
    mummygems
    Sainsburys Basic Curry Sauce
    I popped into sainsburys this morning for a few of their basic bits that we use. Noticed that their curry sauce is down from 500g jar to 440g jar. It was 55p for this new size which is the same cost as when it was 500g jar.

I remember when I first bought this sauce it was 9p (6 years ago).
    2 adults and 3 children DD (11), DD (9) & DS (6)
    2 mental beagle dogs!
    • downshifted
    • By downshifted 6th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 870 Posts
    • 1,770 Thanks
    downshifted
    I have spotted in the shops Lurpak 750g packs. Usually they are 500g then 1KG. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that a sign of them shunting the 1KG ones?
    Originally posted by pakokelso93
    I saw this and the pack is the same as the 1kilo one but shorter. £4 in Asda. I'm going back to real butter from England
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
    • nanto3girls
    • By nanto3girls 6th Sep 17, 4:04 PM
    • 5,041 Posts
    • 80,517 Thanks
    nanto3girls
    Birds Eye fish fingers 30 in a box now down to 28.
    SPC #55
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,424Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin