Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 20
    • alanq
    • By alanq 11th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 2,333 Thanks
    alanq
    Pringles 190g up to 200g but the price is so variable that it is impossible to compare.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Jul 17, 9:45 PM
    • 6,819 Posts
    • 12,522 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I'm sure Hula Hoops used to be in multipacks of 7. Now 6. As got 3 Original and 2 of each of SnV and another flavour
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 14th Jul 17, 10:36 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    20aday
    Its probably spurious, as this is a brand that is often discounted / can be found on offer.

Ice-cream manufacturers can afford to be "generous": their secret ingredient (upto 50%) to make the product soft and whippy is in fact air
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    That and amongst the delicious ingredients you can find glucose-fructose syrup which they reckon is really bad for you!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 22nd Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 6,819 Posts
    • 12,522 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Colman sauces such as horseradish have shrunk from around 225-250g to 145g.

If your family have this it won't last a Sunday roast
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 23rd Jul 17, 9:34 AM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    20aday
    Some of Colman's products are manufactured in Germany which is why they've probably shrunk (Pound vs. Euro)-I noticed at work last night Nestle Shreddies were 500g but have shrunk to 415g.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 24th Jul 17, 2:03 PM
    • 5,101 Posts
    • 6,508 Thanks
    A. Badger
    This just in (as they say):

More than 2,500 products subject to shrinkflation, says ONS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40703866

And to forestall the usual political axe grinders on this forum, let me add from the ONS's conclusion: "Our analysis doesn't show a noticeable change following the referendum that would point to a Brexit effect."

So it is down to greedy companies taking advantage, much as the wiser commenters suspected all along.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th Jul 17, 7:40 PM
    • 22,905 Posts
    • 47,602 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    So it is down to greedy companies taking advantage, much as the wiser commenters suspected all along.
    Originally posted by A. Badger
    Its a demonstration of market forces and a real-life lesson in economics.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • maman
    • By maman 24th Jul 17, 8:33 PM
    • 16,245 Posts
    • 96,980 Thanks
    maman
    This just in (as they say):

More than 2,500 products subject to shrinkflation, says ONS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40703866

And to forestall the usual political axe grinders on this forum, let me add from the ONS's conclusion: "Our analysis doesn't show a noticeable change following the referendum that would point to a Brexit effect."

Originally posted by A. Badger
    It amazed me that they've just realised that you need to compare cost per kg. Apparently they've been using unit costs while the units keep shrinking. Doh!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

452Posts Today

4,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin