Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 19
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 4th Apr 17, 1:46 PM
    • 7,010 Posts
    • 9,705 Thanks
    KxMx
    Iceland frozen super sweet sweetcorn, now 800g for £1, reduced from 900g.

Had a brief look in the chiller today, seems all Iceland veg is 800g now.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 8th Apr 17, 9:42 AM
    • 6,634 Posts
    • 12,131 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Malteasers 103g now 93g.

Expect other shrinking from its siblings too
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 8th Apr 17, 3:09 PM
    • 1,996 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    20aday
    Malteasers 103g now 93g.

Expect other shrinking from its siblings too
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    The only bags that have yet to shrink (may be older stock) are Galaxy Counters; everything from Minstrels through to M&M's have seen their respective weights lowered.

If you are partial to Maltesers you'd be better off buying the 120G boxes as they tend to be the same RRP when the pouches aren't on offer!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 22nd May 17, 10:15 AM
    • 1,996 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    20aday
    Have noticed Nestl! have shrunk their 120g bars of Milky Bar down to 100g now but kept the price at a £1.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • maman
    • By maman 22nd May 17, 11:00 AM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 96,143 Thanks
    maman
    I noticed some Duo bars for sale at the weekend. As I'd never heard of Duo I took a closer look.

Basically they were well known brands (like Mars, Bounty etc) but marketed as two of the shrunk size bars in one pack.

So much for the manufacturers' spurious claim that this is what the customer wants and an aid in the fight against obesity!
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 22nd May 17, 11:36 AM
    • 6,634 Posts
    • 12,131 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    The Thorntons Brownie Bites etc have gone from 10 to 9. The packaging is square, not rectangular.
    • moneybags1957
    • By moneybags1957 12th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    moneybags1957
    Cobra lager shrinks in size
    Previously Cobra large bottles were 660ml now they have redisigned the bottle with a " coca cola esk " style bottle with a narrow waist which results in the loss of 40ml of precious lager, but the price is the same.
    • robin58
    • By robin58 12th Jun 17, 9:23 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    robin58
    Previously Cobra large bottles were 660ml now they have redisigned the bottle with a " coca cola esk " style bottle with a narrow waist which results in the loss of 40ml of precious lager, but the price is the same.
    Originally posted by moneybags1957
    Welcome to the world of shrinkflation.

This has been going on with all foods in recent years.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 96,143 Thanks
    maman
    I'm sure they'll tell you it's what the customer wants and they're helping you to be more drink aware.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 13th Jun 17, 7:01 AM
    • 22,582 Posts
    • 46,707 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Originally posted by moneybags1957
    Beautifully put.

Strange how Karan Bilimoria saw fit to b*tch about TM and Brexit after the election, but neglected to mention this crucial fact
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,976Users online

Martin's Twitter