Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 18
    • robin58
    • By robin58 26th Apr 16, 9:28 PM
    • 1,556 Posts
    • 1,456 Thanks
    robin58
    Had a laugh this week.

Just received my copy of Which?. They have just caught up with this.

3 page spread with pictures on % reduction.

Saying what we have all been saying all along. Sizes down, price the same.

This thread has been going since Sept 2013.

Good job catching up Which?.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • Soworried
    • By Soworried 27th Apr 16, 9:14 AM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 19,668 Thanks
    Soworried
    My husband loves seafood sticks.
    Tescos were his favourite 16 in a packet for £1. The last week or so all our local branches were sold out.
    Yesterday they were back in store but now only an 8pk for 80p
    So from 6p per stick to 10p, yet they are trying to tell us they are getting cheaper than Aldi who sell 16 for 79p
    GC Feb £240/£180.84
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 12th May 16, 10:16 PM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    20aday
    I've noticed Mars Chocolate UK have reduced the sizes of their pouches.

For example: Maltesers were 121g and are now 103g. Still £1.50 a bag.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • robrymond
    • By robrymond 13th May 16, 4:52 AM
    • 532 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    robrymond
    I've noticed Mars Chocolate UK have reduced the sizes of their pouches.

For example: Maltesers were 121g and are now 103g. Still £1.50 a bag.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Yes, the big one for me is Minstrels (usually found for £1) at 153g is now 112g.
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 13th May 16, 6:20 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 4,866 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    I find smaller bags of chocolate safer, so am ok with that one!
    May GC £215/£50 (oops)
    April 2016 GC: £24.09/ £20
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 14th May 16, 6:31 AM
    • 22,627 Posts
    • 46,889 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    So from 6p per stick to 10p, yet they are trying to tell us they are getting cheaper than Aldi who sell 16 for 79p
    Originally posted by Soworried
    To be fair, this is a niche product...relatively few people will have them on their shopping list of staples. So it's not as if Tesco is going to profit heavily from this if low volumes are sold, nor is it likely to be the cause of a huge backlash.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 16th May 16, 8:41 AM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    20aday
    Yes, the big one for me is Minstrels (usually found for £1) at 153g is now 112g.
    Originally posted by robrymond
    Whenever they were on offer I opted for Minstrels as they offered the best price per 100g.

I appreciate raw costs are increasing (poor cocoa harvests etc) but to keep these bags at the same price is annoying.

Still it'll work wonders for my obesity crisis, I won't be buying them again LOL!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • maman
    • By maman 22nd May 16, 3:44 PM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 96,143 Thanks
    maman
    Birds Eye peas may well have shrunk. I had a MyCoupons offer for 860g I think it was, but the only weight on the shelf near that was 800g. Naughty tactic by Sainsbury's misaligning offers in order to give out less points.
    Originally posted by Kim_13

I decided to sort through the veg in my freezer today in some attempt to rotate what I have in there.

Mostly Farmfoods frozen peas and leeks. Old packaging 1 kg, new packaging 900g. Price stays the same for a 10% reduction.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 11th Feb 17, 10:59 AM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    20aday
    I know this hasn't been updated since May 2016 but Mr Kipling have now shrunk their nine pack of slices (i.e. Angel Cake) down to packs of eight.

Similarly Tropicana have shrunk their family size of 1.75l juice drinks down to 1.6l!
    • TaterPhil
    • By TaterPhil 16th Mar 17, 4:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    TaterPhil
    Nescafe Cappuccino
    I've just noticed that Nescafe Cappuccino packets now contain only 8 sachets instead of 10 - strangely for the same price - that equates to a 25% price increase
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 16th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 6,277 Thanks
    Ilona
    I usually buy a 1kg bag of bananas from Aldi for 72p. I count the bananas because I like eight or nine small ones instead of five or six big ones. Now they sell them five in a bag for the same price. No weight specified and the bananas vary in size. Cheeky.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 17th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    20aday
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut was 120g (some flash marked bars are 95g)-now 110g.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 17th Mar 17, 6:53 PM
    • 7,551 Posts
    • 3,643 Thanks
    Stompa
    I've just noticed that Nescafe Cappuccino packets now contain only 8 sachets instead of 10 - strangely for the same price - that equates to a 25% price increase
    Originally posted by TaterPhil
    They've been available in both 8 and 10 packs (depending on where you buy them) for well over a year now.
    Stompa
    • Wednesday100
    • By Wednesday100 17th Mar 17, 8:52 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Wednesday100
    Iceland too!
    Iceland bag of fish fingers. Was 40 for £2 (1kg) now 35 for £2 (875g). Still a bargain though, and you do now get £1 for every £20 you put on the bonus card instead of £25.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 12,160 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    An increase for once
    We sell Finish All in One tablets in packs of 52. Put out the dishwashing delivery yesterday and noticed the new packages are 53. Checked the price - was the same
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th Mar 17, 6:27 PM
    • 22,627 Posts
    • 46,889 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut was 120g (some flash marked bars are 95g)-now 110g.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Cadburys hasn't been the real deal for years now. Every single g sold is now a con.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • thor
    • By thor 26th Mar 17, 8:47 PM
    • 5,174 Posts
    • 1,849 Thanks
    thor
    Birds Eye chargrill chickens have recently been spruced up in new packaging and have also undergone the obligatory downsizing. Each piece used to be 91g but are now are 85g. All for the same price of course. Looks like they are doing their bit to add to inflation.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 27th Mar 17, 12:29 PM
    • 7,011 Posts
    • 9,709 Thanks
    KxMx
    McVities Cheese & Onion Crinkles, the £1 price marked packs (125g) are now 105g.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 29th Mar 17, 10:38 AM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    20aday
    And once again (less than a year later) Mars U.K. are shrinking their pouches e.g. Maltesers are now 10g smaller.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 29th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 7,011 Posts
    • 9,709 Thanks
    KxMx
    Iceland frozen garden peas are now 800g, reduced from 900g.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

2,441Users online

Martin's Twitter