Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 12th Sep 13, 12:02 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy
    • 12th Sep 13, 12:02 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy 12th Sep 13 at 12:02 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Green Star Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Update February 2016:

You might also like to read our Green Star analysis.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 16-02-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Page 9
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th May 17, 8:07 PM
    • 3,880 Posts
    • 2,170 Thanks
    Hengus
    Switched as part of the most recent big switch but then changed my mind. Cancelled via email within the period. Heard nothing. Called to check they had received it. They confirmed they had but refuse to implement it as they didn't get to the email within the 14 days. No resolution as yet but felt I should report back as this is just all a bit off.
    Originally posted by JayCee017

Quote paragraph 2.3 at them. If they continue to argue, then report the supplier to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk or your local Trading Standards (see para 2.9)

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/2014/10/cooling_off_background_paper.pdf
    Last edited by Hengus; 12-05-2017 at 8:33 PM.
    • JayCee017
    • By JayCee017 13th May 17, 12:34 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JayCee017
    You're a star, Hengus. I found that suggested on the Which? site but not the chapter and verse. perfect. Thank you!
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 14th May 17, 9:25 AM
    • 1,009 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    I joined Green star last month on their unlimited tariff. So far so good although their website is not great and if you call them you will be waiting for long time. I used to pay £120/month for gas/Elec. and restrict my use as I worry about higher bills. Now I pay Green star £150/month and can use as much as I like, within a reason obviously
    something missing
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 15th May 17, 9:33 AM
    • 670 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    StopIt
    Switched as part of the most recent big switch but then changed my mind. Cancelled via email within the period. Heard nothing. Called to check they had received it. They confirmed they had but refuse to implement it as they didn't get to the email within the 14 days. No resolution as yet but felt I should report back as this is just all a bit off.

Did you use the standard contact form or the special MSE e-mail set up for this switch? If the latter MSE need to get involved on your behalf because that's really not on.
    • Green Star Energy
      Verified User verified user
    • By Green Star Energy Verified User verified user 15th May 17, 2:14 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Green Star Energy
    You're a star, Hengus. I found that suggested on the Which? site but not the chapter and verse. perfect. Thank you!
    Hi JayCee017, if you do cancel, it is best to do this within the first 14 days. I hope that you have had this situation resolved, and if it remains outstanding, please PM your account details and i will support you.
    Best, SB
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 15th May 17, 3:42 PM
    • 670 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    StopIt
    Hi JayCee017, if you do cancel, it is best to do this within the first 14 days. I hope that you have had this situation resolved, and if it remains outstanding, please PM your account details and i will support you.
    Best, SB
    Originally posted by Green Star Energy

Ah, hello there!

I am hopefully in the process of switching to Green Star.

However, my current supplier, has changed my account for Gas from the switching process back to Live, one day before the switch was meant to go through. The Electricity is still showing a pending switch to you but I haven't been asked for initial reads yet etc.

Aside from the welcome pack via e-mail, I haven't had anything to suggest any problems and provided meter reads on Saturday to my current supplier. Is this just how these pesky computer systems work or is there a problem?

TIA.
    • Green Star Energy
    • By Green Star Energy Verified User verified user 15th May 17, 3:57 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Green Star Energy
    Ah, hello there!

I am hopefully in the process of switching to Green Star.

However, my current supplier, has changed my account for Gas from the switching process back to Live, one day before the switch was meant to go through. The Electricity is still showing a pending switch to you but I haven't been asked for initial reads yet etc.

Aside from the welcome pack via e-mail, I haven't had anything to suggest any problems and provided meter reads on Saturday to my current supplier. Is this just how these pesky computer systems work or is there a problem?

TIA.
    Originally posted by StopIt
    Hi Stopit

Thank you for your enquiry. Please can you PM the account number that was provided on your Welcome Pack and i can check for any possible issues.
    Best
    SB
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • feed_me_chocs
    • By feed_me_chocs 15th May 17, 8:18 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    feed_me_chocs
    iPhone/iPad app
    Has anyone else had problems with the IOS app?

My switching date was today, but when I try to submit readings via their app it tells me that I can't until there's a meter linked to my account (so have I been switched or have I not been?)
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 16th May 17, 7:52 AM
    • 670 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    StopIt
    Hi Stopit

Thank you for your enquiry. Please can you PM the account number that was provided on your Welcome Pack and i can check for any possible issues.
    Best
    SB

Nope!

You've disabled the ability to receive PM messages so I can't send a message.

However! I received a message last night confirming my switch as 17/05/2017 and asking for meter reads. I think I can't do so yet as the account says it hasn't linked my meters to the account so wont accept reads as yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

Scottish Power has closed my Gas account (So the switch process there is just strange).

My switching date was today, but when I try to submit readings via their app it tells me that I can't until there's a meter linked to my account (so have I been switched or have I not been?)
    Originally posted by feed_me_chocs
    Yep, same here. I think the confirmation of switching was a little too eager and the systems isn't updated enough to actually give reads. My Smart meter is ready (To be randomly shut off after a year with a different supplier to the original supplier, but still working for reads!)
    Last edited by StopIt; 16-05-2017 at 7:56 AM.
    • Green Star Energy
    • By Green Star Energy Verified User verified user 16th May 17, 9:56 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Green Star Energy

Originally posted by feed_me_chocs
    Thank you for the enquiry. The switching process is reliant on the exchange of information between the 2 suppliers. If this hasn't been received by the incoming suppliers by the actual transfer date, then it could result in a delay in the set up of the account, although this should be resolved within a few days. In the meantime, you could drop an email to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and we can ensure that your readings are added.
    Best, SB
    • Green Star Energy
    • By Green Star Energy Verified User verified user 16th May 17, 9:58 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Green Star Energy
    Nope!

You've disabled the ability to receive PM messages so I can't send a message.

However! I received a message last night confirming my switch as 17/05/2017 and asking for meter reads. I think I can't do so yet as the account says it hasn't linked my meters to the account so wont accept reads as yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

Scottish Power has closed my Gas account (So the switch process there is just strange).

Yep, same here. I think the confirmation of switching was a little too eager and the systems isn't updated enough to actually give reads. My Smart meter is ready (To be randomly shut off after a year with a different supplier to the original supplier, but still working for reads!)
    I have contacted MSE about the PM function and been advised that this function is not available to supplier accounts, apologies for this. Should you have any specific enquiries, please could these be directed to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com.
    Best, SB
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 16th May 17, 9:59 AM
    • 670 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    StopIt
    Thank you for the enquiry. The switching process is reliant on the exchange of information between the 2 suppliers. If this hasn't been received by the incoming suppliers by the actual transfer date, then it could result in a delay in the set up of the account, although this should be resolved within a few days. In the meantime, you could drop an email to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and we can ensure that your readings are added.
    Best, SB

I'll wait until tomorrow before resorting to e-mail.

Would you need account numbers and Meter numbers along with the readings?

SP have up to date readings from this weekend so as long as they port across the data properly it should be fine but I am expecting a little time lag!
    I have contacted MSE about the PM function and been advised that this function is not available to supplier accounts, apologies for this. Should you have any specific enquiries, please could these be directed to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com.
    Best, SB

No problem!
    • Green Star Energy
    • By Green Star Energy Verified User verified user 16th May 17, 10:03 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Green Star Energy
    I'll wait until tomorrow before resorting to e-mail.

Would you need account numbers and Meter numbers along with the readings?

SP have up to date readings from this weekend so as long as they port across the data properly it should be fine but I am expecting a little time lag!

No problem!
    The account number would be needed, the meter numbers not necessary, but useful to have just for verification.
    Best, SB
    • AlMa
    • By AlMa 17th May 17, 5:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AlMa
    I too switched as part of the Collective but I'm finding the customer service to be pretty hopeless. Tried to submit meter readings on line to be told no meters associated with my account/address. Tried by phone, only able to submit electricity readings. Cut off before gas readings. Rang GE told glitch in system as meter has to,be read by them. No explanation on phone system about this.
    Emailed customer service re query during cooling off got no reply. All in all pretty shoddy. So much for the extra customer service resources they say put on. Deeply regretting the switch MSE help!!
    • Owt4nowt
    • By Owt4nowt 17th May 17, 8:33 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Owt4nowt
    The post my AlMa could have been written by me as it matches my experience so far with Green Star Energy.

The only difference is I did not actually get to speak to anyone because I got fed up and hung up after an excessive amount of time being on hold.

I could not submit my readings online due to no meters being associated with my account

I could only submit my electric reading on the phone, not gas.

So I emailed my readings to Green Star Energy (twice)

The first email I sent did not get a response not even an automated reply. The second email I sent did at least generate an automated response detailing up to 7 working days wait to be actioned.

So not a good start, hopefully once my account is up and running things should run smoothly. Only time will tell!
    • Rovergb
    • By Rovergb 18th May 17, 7:21 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rovergb
    Same poor stsrt
    The problems highlighted in the previous posts are exactly as my experiences.

I received my welcome email which said to send meter readings by two means and the attached welcome letter said to do it in a different way by giving another phone number or visiting the website and following the onscreen instructions, all that was there was login or register options. Registered but couldn't enter the readings, tried twice to call the 0800 number and could only give the electric reading.

Rang customer service but did get through quite quick and gave the readings to them. Yesterday received another welcome email saying just the same as the original but dated 17th May and telling me my contract starts on 16th. Called customer service to see why and had to wait a while to check it out and was told that everything was going through. Hope it gets better.

This isn't a good start, MSE what have you done to us.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 18th May 17, 7:50 AM
    • 670 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    StopIt
    I just received a 2nd welcome e-mail too.

I sent my meter reads via E-mail last night to the MSE e-mail linked here. Hopefully it'll be looked at as there was no automatic acknowledgement.

Like others, I'm worried MSE haven't accidentally sold us down the river here. Hopefully Green Stars systems can get us all up and running sharpish.
    • Green Star Energy
    • By Green Star Energy Verified User verified user 18th May 17, 9:12 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Green Star Energy
    The post my AlMa could have been written by me as it matches my experience so far with Green Star Energy.

The only difference is I did not actually get to speak to anyone because I got fed up and hung up after an excessive amount of time being on hold.

I could not submit my readings online due to no meters being associated with my account

I could only submit my electric reading on the phone, not gas.

So I emailed my readings to Green Star Energy (twice)

The first email I sent did not get a response not even an automated reply. The second email I sent did at least generate an automated response detailing up to 7 working days wait to be actioned.

So not a good start, hopefully once my account is up and running things should run smoothly. Only time will tell!
    Originally posted by Owt4nowt
    The problems highlighted in the previous posts are exactly as my experiences.

I received my welcome email which said to send meter readings by two means and the attached welcome letter said to do it in a different way by giving another phone number or visiting the website and following the onscreen instructions, all that was there was login or register options. Registered but couldn't enter the readings, tried twice to call the 0800 number and could only give the electric reading.

Rang customer service but did get through quite quick and gave the readings to them. Yesterday received another welcome email saying just the same as the original but dated 17th May and telling me my contract starts on 16th. Called customer service to see why and had to wait a while to check it out and was told that everything was going through. Hope it gets better.

This isn't a good start, MSE what have you done to us.
    Originally posted by Rovergb
    I just received a 2nd welcome e-mail too.

I sent my meter reads via E-mail last night to the MSE e-mail linked here. Hopefully it'll be looked at as there was no automatic acknowledgement.

Like others, I'm worried MSE haven't accidentally sold us down the river here. Hopefully Green Stars systems can get us all up and running sharpish.
    Hello all. Apologies for the inconvenience. The switching process is reliant on the exchange of information between the 2 suppliers. If this hasn't been received by the incoming suppliers by the actual transfer date, then it could result in a delay in the set up of the account, although this should be resolved within a few days. In the meantime, you could drop an email to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and we can ensure that your readings are added.
    Best, SB
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 18th May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 670 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    StopIt
    Hello all. Apologies for the inconvenience. The switching process is reliant on the exchange of information between the 2 suppliers. If this hasn't been received by the incoming suppliers by the actual transfer date, then it could result in a delay in the set up of the account, although this should be resolved within a few days. In the meantime, you could drop an email to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and we can ensure that your readings are added.
    Best, SB

That's where I sent mine.

It should be simple to find mine if you have access. it mentions an Ecometer

Hopefully it'll be sorted ASAP. My old supplier SP is currently saying it is awaiting reads back from yourselves before finalising my account so this link in the chain is important.
    • dings74
    • By dings74 18th May 17, 11:39 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dings74
    as someone who has Just started to switch, I am now exceedingly worried that in fact I have made a terrible mistake. Is anybody able to douse my fears with any thing positive?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin