Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 12th Sep 13, 12:02 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy
    • 12th Sep 13, 12:02 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy 12th Sep 13 at 12:02 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Green Star Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Update February 2016:

You might also like to read our Green Star analysis.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 16-02-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Page 20
    • johnnybgoode
    • By johnnybgoode 18th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    johnnybgoode
    At least I'm not alone
    A problem shared and all that!

Having similar problems; switched with the collective in May and still awaiting my first bill. At one point they offered to refund me half my money as they couldn't work out who was supplying my gas. Turns out it is them (under the name Hudson Energy).

Have started the official complaints process and have been told that its with the billing department. The same department who would sort it in 5 days back in August and November.

Why, oh, why, did I feel brave enough to try a small supplier? Could the Cheap Energy Club use their collective bargaining power to collectively sort out this mess for so many of its trusting members?
    • Vicks0001
    • By Vicks0001 17th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vicks0001
    Don't touch Green Star Energy, initial thoughts were positive - the switch is easy enough, the account is easy to manage online however I have now discovered that they do not deliver on customer service.
    I have just had a boiler failure and couldn't get a new boiler fitted until the gas test nipple on the meter was repaired which is normally a priority call out given no heating or hot water.
    I spent over 2 hours on the phone to them, was told that a manager 'didn't want to talk to me', that metering department who deal with meter repairs wouldn't help, the priority call out team didn't want to help and that my gas distributor needed to deal with the problem but they didn't know who that might be. I have lodged a complaint and am waiting for their response.
    • lamanva
    • By lamanva 31st Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lamanva
    green star penalty
    I have had poor service from Green Star. In these circumstances is there anyway i can leave them with out paying the penalty?
    • Feeling opressed
    • By Feeling opressed 8th Feb 18, 12:34 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Feeling opressed
    Awful customer service on death
    Reported death of customer to them via web site and then emailed asking for change of account to his wife with copy of death certificate and request for change of account to DD from as his account had been frozen. Result? Dunning letter to a DEAD PERSON threatening consequences from unpaid DD; bill recalculated back 270 days at HIGHER TARIFF and made out to a DEAD PERSON resulting in 50 more to pay than is due under the fixed tariff agreed; took 2 long calls to customer service even to get the account holder name changed, still waiting for the bill to be calculated properly and the DD to be changed as requested. NB there is no facility on their web site to change account for DD, customer services are 2 weeks behind reading emails. Only switch to these people (who are Hudson Energy) if nothing can possibly change and you don't want to switch banks during your contract period!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 8th Feb 18, 12:56 PM
    • 5,185 Posts
    • 3,178 Thanks
    Hengus
    I have had poor service from Green Star. In these circumstances is there anyway i can leave them with out paying the penalty?
    Originally posted by lamanva
    Yes, switch to a supplier that will credit you your exit fees when your transfer is complete.
    Or raise a complaint in writing which gives to a reserved right to escalate it to The Energy Ombudsman. Given the time that The Energy Ombudsman takes, I would probably look to switch and ditch.
    • spurtime
    • By spurtime 13th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    spurtime
    MSE ... what have you done!!
    I can't believe you recommended Green Star Energy. This company is an absolute joke!!

I had a smart meter installed while with OVO, but swapped from economy 7 to a single tariff prior to joining GSE. Seeing as GSE do not support smart meters (unbelievable!!) I have to take readings myself. Since my last official reading they have jumped to the main numbers and I cant resubmit the true readings!!

They also keep cancelling my bills, which makes me wonder if they are really using this as an excuse to bill me more. I have a healthy credit in my account but Im expecting that to be wiped out by these crooks!!
    • Mikes Saving
    • By Mikes Saving 13th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mikes Saving
    If you contact Hudson Energy UK HQ (and be assertive) they can put you through to the Green Star Energy complaints resolution team and you stand at least half a chance of getting something done. One of my previous postings has the contact details I think.
    Good luck!
    The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.
    Anon

• Mikes Saving
    • By Mikes Saving 13th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mikes Saving
    JohnnyBGoode:
    Yes there is. I pressed them to return me to my previous supplier under the erroneous transfer rules. This returned me to that supplier 'as if I had never left'. Its not ideal, but it does get you out of the Groundhog Day that is Green Star's catatonic customer service department.
    Talk to your previous supplier too. Mine was Eon and they were excellent at explaining the options that Green Star had and helping me to see through their incompetence/deceit (difficult to believe they're that incompetent, so perhaps they're doing it deliberately?).
    If you can't get one of their call centre script readers to put you through (they seem determined not to) try ringing Hudson Energy UK HQ (contact details in one of my previous posts) they put me through to the complaints team straight away from where I eventually forced some action.
    I stopped my direct debits as they were unable to demonstrate to me how much power I'd used or how they'd arrived at my bill. That seemed to focus their attention a little.
    I'm now back at Eon (it took about 2 months from the point when GSE said they'd do it for the second time - they didn't action it the first time and I only knew because I was talking to Eon) and my stress levels are slowly reducing to normal!
    Last edited by Mikes Saving; 13-02-2018 at 9:37 PM. Reason: Add intro
    The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.
    Anon

• Mikes Saving
    • By Mikes Saving 13th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mikes Saving
    Always invoke the Direct Debit Guarantee with your Bank when this stuff happens. You get the money back and don't have to hope that the Energy Company refund you "in 10 days"
    Originally posted by trickytree1963
    Good advice - I did exactly this with GSE, who were blissfully ignorant of their responsibilities under the DD guarantee. I insisted that, because they couldn't demonstrate how they had calculated my bill, they had effectively guessed the amount they had taken and had done so without my consent. It resulted in a refund of all monies I'd paid them (after about a week) and precipitated them to a) talk to me, and b) return my account to Eon.
    Anon

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,492Users online

Martin's Twitter