IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Brabantia spare parts?
Views: 60,358
# 1
WOW Factor 0
FloFlo
Old 09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Default Brabantia spare parts?

Anyone know if I can purchase spare brabantia bin parts online?
I need either the inner lid ring or a new lid for 1 40 litre flat back bin, the plastic part that the catch holds onto has snapped so the bin won't stay shut. None about on ebay. I bought the bin 2 years ago from Index when they were closing and i've no idea where my receipt is to claim under gurantee.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to FloFlo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Woby_Tide
Old 10-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

From Brabantia themselves?

http://www.brabantia.com/Data/PDF/Se...0bin%2040L.pdf

If you have the bank/credit card statements that you had when you bought it then that could be used instead of the receipt as they have a 10 year garantee I think
The Following User Says Thank You to Woby_Tide For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
FloFlo
Old 10-06-2007, 8:06 AM

Thanks, I found that on Brabantia but although they have the details for the part there is no option to buy it online or where to buy it elsewhere online.
On their t&cs it says the receipt must state the retailer and the product.

I'm gutted I paid 12 for it when index closed it will cost more than that for a part to fix it or 70 upwards to replace it.
# 4
tracy1
Old 10-06-2007, 8:12 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloFlo View Post
Anyone know if I can purchase spare brabantia bin parts online?
I need either the inner lid ring or a new lid for 1 40 litre flat back bin, the plastic part that the catch holds onto has snapped so the bin won't stay shut. None about on ebay. I bought the bin 2 years ago from Index when they were closing and i've no idea where my receipt is to claim under gurantee.
i got a whole new lid direct from brabantia without any proof of purchase by just ringing them up and explaining it was a gift. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to tracy1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
FloFlo
Old 10-06-2007, 8:19 AM

I have emailed Brabantia so will give it a couple of days and then phone. Thanks.
# 6
corriefan
Old 10-06-2007, 11:18 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I needed the same part so called them this week to see if I could buy it they no longer sell the collar only but the guy I spoke to asked me to look at my bin and tell him where the brabantia logo was after I told him he said it was still under the 10 year guarantee so would send a whole new lid out free of charge up to 28 days for delivery
# 7
salsa
Old 10-06-2007, 12:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile

our catch snapped and we just nailed in a nail which now catches and keeps the bin closed - acts just like the catch and you wouldn't know the difference.
# 8
ckerrd
Old 10-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy1 View Post
i got a whole new lid direct from brabantia without any proof of purchase by just ringing them up and explaining it was a gift. good luck
I emailed and asked where I could get a new lid, as the cheap online place I had managed to get one before no longer did them. Without asking any questions they sent me a new on in the post. Marvellous service
We all evolve - get on with it
# 9
newleaf
Old 10-06-2007, 12:45 PM

I have posted about this before. I purchased one of these Brabantia 'touch' bins from the Co-op 7 years ago and the catch failed within a fortnight. I contacted Brabantia via their website and they sent me a new lid straight away. The catch on that also failed in a similarly short space of time. Contacted them again and they said they would send me a new catch to fit myself, but this failed to arrive. I finally wrote to them, very cross indeed, and asked for my money back. A cheque for the full purchase price came by return of post. We still have the bin, OH has taken the catch off and replaced it with a steel 'doorknob' style cupboard handle and we have to lift it to open. I think Brabantia CS are pretty fair really, so you should definitely give them a call. I think these bins, particularly the older models, have a fundamental design flaw. They must have cost Brabantia a bomb in replacements and refunds. I believe the newer style ones are OK?
Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!

# 10
donna-j
Old 10-06-2007, 2:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I got a new lid, no questions asked, too. Brilliant service, but then they shouldn't break in the first place when they cost so much.
# 11
wandsoft
Old 24-04-2009, 8:11 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I had the same problem as everyone else the catch on my Brabantia bin broke.

I called them on 0845 6024877, spoke to a friendly guy who confirmed that they supply new clips free, and he sent me two in the post within a couple of days.

Great bin, rubbish design of catch, but excellent customer service.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wandsoft For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Tribal
Old 08-05-2009, 4:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Great after sales service

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandsoft View Post
I had the same problem as everyone else the catch on my Brabantia bin broke.

I called them on 0845 6024877, spoke to a friendly guy who confirmed that they supply new clips free, and he sent me two in the post within a couple of days.

Great bin, rubbish design of catch, but excellent customer service.
Same probllem, the catch broke, they sent a replacement, but I had had such a struggle getting the old one off that I must have done something to the attaching area of the lid. The new one wouldn't click in place. Called them back, and they OFFERED me a new lid, FREE, and free P&P, with no proof of purchase, and the bin being six years old! Didn't have to cajole or beg or anything. Highly recommend the product as the after sales service is truly astonishing and very welcome in this day and age.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tribal For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
yorkie77
Old 08-05-2009, 4:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have just ordered a FREE lid as the little plastic thingy snapped off that the catch grabs hold of
# 14
SGF
Old 18-08-2009, 10:17 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Outstanding Brabantia service

I phoned the number listed previously to order a replacement bin lid as the catch has broke. I too was offered a free replacement without proof of purchase (I told the customer services that the bin is about 3 or 4 years old which is true). I must send the broken bin lid back to them before they'll send the replacement which is fair enough.

Outstanding product and oustanding service.

S

# 15
Somerset
Old 18-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Very grateful for this thread - our plastic thingy on our bin lid has just broken off. Now I know to contact Brabantia.
# 16
FloFlo
Old 18-08-2009, 10:53 AM

I never had to send my broken bin lid in first, perhaps they have changed their rules. They were great about replacing the lid free of charge.
# 17
JanCee
Old 25-08-2009, 2:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks to everyone who has posted info on this. I was about to buy a new bin until I saw this and now Brabantia are going to send out a new lid after I send the old one in. This is exceptional customer service as I no longer have the receipt.
# 18
Eat Cake
Old 25-09-2009, 3:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

So glad I checked this forum when my Brabantia bin lid broke after 6 years, didn't think for one minute I could do anything about it without proof of purchase but after reading this thread I phoned Brabantia who sent me a postage label and told me to wrap old lid in black bin bag and send it to them. Posted it two weeks ago today, received new bin lid this morning. My life is a bit boring so this has made my day!! Ha ha.
Also the bin lid has been re-designed and is much better and unlikely to develop the same faualt again.
Nice one Brabantia and Money Saving Expert Forum.
# 19
ralph-dot
Old 02-10-2009, 10:42 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

As above, thanks to this thread, my new lid was delivered today, I had no proof of purchase and had to send the old lid back to them (but that was free) but it worked. Until I read this I didn't even remember there was a 10 year guaranty.
# 20
NJW69
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

My lid broke last week and I've contacted them and they are sending me a postage bag to send it back for replacement. I'm really pleased.