Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,242Posts
    • 66,817Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 309
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 5th Jun 17, 11:19 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    I live in Hull but my post is taken to Sheffield (some 60 miles away) for sorting.

The reason, or so I'm told, is that Sheffield has very modern sorting equipment and sorts the mail much faster/more efficiently than my local sorting office.
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 5th Jun 17, 11:41 PM
    • 4,846 Posts
    • 11,070 Thanks
    Money maker
    On unaddressed mail survey invite:
    "If you have completed these questions after the 31st June 2017, unfortunately it is too late for you to start participation on the 26th June 2017"
    Hmmm.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Jun 17, 9:52 AM
    • 32,695 Posts
    • 27,412 Thanks
    custardy
    I am returning later this month following 6 months rest on my last term they several times contacted me saying did I post outside my area - I confirmed I didn't.
    This was detected by the smarts.
    They accepted my confirmation saying sometimes post gets transported out (not by posters but by RM)
    Why would the local sorting office transport the mail out of the main sorting area (first two letters of postcode) - a distance at least 20-30 miles?
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    Some of the sorting machines are ancient.
    If these go down then its prudent to divert mail than risk machines failing the QOS.
    Some MCs have newer machinery,or (for various reasons)are more efficient so the transit time is worth it.
    • jaybee
    • By jaybee 6th Jun 17, 2:26 PM
    • 1,401 Posts
    • 2,546 Thanks
    jaybee
    Sometimes letters get stuck in the bottom of the mail bags and so don't get delivered until that bag is used again. This can take a while and possibly end up in a different area/sorting office.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 8th Jun 17, 9:39 AM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    NBLondon
    So I'm on Unaddressed Mail this week and in the list of things to look out for is an election leaflet from the SNP. Pretty sure I'm going to be marking that one as Not Received and then getting a follow-up call to ask "Are you sure? Could somebody else in your household have thrown it away...."

The other one to watch out for is from an insurance company. I got that on Tuesday. Then I got it again yesterday...
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    As predicted, yesterday I got an answerphone message to that effect. So I'll be sending an e-mail shortly to confirm that "Yes - when I ticked to say I didn't receive it, it was because I didn't receive it". Is it just me or do they do this to all of us? Why do they not look at how long someone has been on the panel and perhaps only follow-up with the newcomers? Same as making you go through a month's training every time - which costs them in stationery and time if not postage.

And did it not occur to anybody at TNS/Kantar that it's highly unlikely that the SNP would pay to send leaflets to postcodes in South London!
    This Be the Verse - Philip Larkin. The first line that everyone knows.
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 8th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    • 272 Posts
    • 5,427 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    I have changed my e.mail since I last did the survey earlier this year so was surprised when a new posting pack turned up without warning. It seems I am live again. I had to ring up and say I am going on holiday for two weeks.
    • Queenriderbrekke
    • By Queenriderbrekke 8th Jun 17, 7:02 PM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 51,107 Thanks
    Queenriderbrekke
    Sometimes letters get stuck in the bottom of the mail bags and so don't get delivered until that bag is used again. This can take a while and possibly end up in a different area/sorting office.
    Originally posted by jaybee
    Can confirm this, I used to work for a company that sent a lot of mailsorts out and we would regularly find mail in the bags that had been emptied by RM.

We just used to pass it to the postman/van next time he called.
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 9th Jun 17, 8:58 AM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I think I know the answer to this....

When the printed sheet says one thing and the online page says another, we're supposed to go with the online version - right?

My printed page says "Handwritten address" and online says "Printed label". Well - you haven't printed me the label have you? The first set from a training cycle and it's got a problem. It's only a little effort for me to make a label using a left-over page from a previous cycle but newbies might be puzzled.
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 9th Jun 17, 10:09 AM
    • 776 Posts
    • 3,283 Thanks
    trix-a-belle

When the printed sheet says one thing and the online page says another, we're supposed to go with the online version - right?

My printed page says "Handwritten address" and online says "Printed label". Well - you haven't printed me the label have you? The first set from a training cycle and it's got a problem. It's only a little effort for me to make a label using a left-over page from a previous cycle but newbies might be puzzled.
    yes generally you should follow the online one as a precedent but in this instance do a handwritten address and email them to advise that the online schedule says label but you haven't got one in the posting pack.
    - Mortgage: £ 53000 0! Mortgage Free!
    - Student Loan: £ 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • aninymoose
    • By aninymoose 9th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    aninymoose
    e-mail this evening
    A bit presumptuous of them, should they not really ask if I want to do another period
    Originally posted by molerat
    They didn't ask me either. Apparently I am starting again on 24 July!
    • Bubble wrap
    • By Bubble wrap 9th Jun 17, 7:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bubble wrap
    Hi,
    I am coming to the end of my training period. And have just received my first Smart's
    I assume when I use them I leave them in the plastic packet ?
    Or do I have to remove them from the plastic packet before posting ?

Thanks
    • rpstdavids
    • By rpstdavids 9th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    rpstdavids
    Hi,
    I am coming to the end of my training period. And have just received my first Smart's
    I assume when I use them I leave them in the plastic packet ?
    Or do I have to remove them from the plastic packet before posting ?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Bubble wrap
    Leave the SMARTs in the plastic packet that they come in, that packet has a sticker on it with the 4 digit reference code of that particular SMART.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 14th Jun 17, 11:13 AM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 1,960 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Think the sorting office has been storing survey stuff up for me, today I had a medium brown envelope, a large brown envelope, a jiffy bag and a cube delivered. Glad I was in!
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 16th Jun 17, 8:50 AM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    NBLondon

Second posting pack arrived yesterday and the same thing has happened again - no printed label and "Handwritten Address" in the pack but "Printed Label" online. Are they trainingme or should I be training them?

And another white A4 envelope... I assumed the point of these was to protect the labels and the small items - which is necessary when the pack gets rammed through a letterbox. This time, all the paperwork was loose in the bag and the white A4 was separate. And the whole lot was mangled anyway!
    • redagila
    • By redagila 20th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 14,789 Thanks
    redagila
    Been waiting to start another session & this week I'm back on training even though I had already told them I would be abroad for the whole of July. Nothing showing for next week so will be interesting to see whether I will continue training on my return or will go straight in to full posting. Can't say I'm really looking forward to doing the full survey with all the problems there seem to be nowadays. Have enjoyed the other surveys while on break & have no problem spending the £5 L2S vouchers.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 20th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 15,289 Posts
    • 38,383 Thanks
    elsien
    Your time on the panel is coming to an end - please return any smarts no longer required.
    And just to make sure you go out with a bang, we've included 3 cubes in your final postal week. Pfft. Not impressed.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 20th Jun 17, 6:36 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 14,789 Thanks
    redagila
    Elsien - Didn't they say "You have been specially selected as one of our esteemed panellists"?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 20th Jun 17, 11:20 PM
    • 15,289 Posts
    • 38,383 Thanks
    elsien
    I'm sure that's what they were thinking, they just accidentally omitted to say it or to include the golden smart they meant to send my way
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • ciderboy2009
    • By ciderboy2009 26th Jun 17, 7:17 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    ciderboy2009
    Your time on the panel is coming to an end - please return any smarts no longer required.
    And just to make sure you go out with a bang, we've included 3 cubes in your final postal week. Pfft. Not impressed.
    Originally posted by elsien
    I've got 3 cubes to post this week - was just thinking that it's a sign that I must be getting near to the end of my stint.

I only ever get cubes to post at the beginning or the end!
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 27th Jun 17, 8:57 AM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 7,153 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Second posting pack arrived yesterday and the same thing has happened again - no printed label and "Handwritten Address" in the pack but "Printed Label" online. Are they training me or should I be training them?
    Third arrived yesterday and it's a hat trick.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,597Posts Today

9,849Users online

Martin's Twitter