Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,240Posts
    • 66,816Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 305
    • elsien
    • By elsien 11th Apr 17, 5:10 PM
    • 15,283 Posts
    • 38,363 Thanks
    elsien
    I don't want to refuse. I don't have to traipse anywhere to pick up the posting packs or cubes and I pass the post office either when dog walking or on the way to/from work.
    Is there not a safe place you could ask them to leave things for you, or would you prefer not to?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 12th Apr 17, 9:56 AM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    MABLE
    Well just checked the draw and have won £10. Not bad considering I have just started again. Last time on the live panel I won 2 of those amounts.

Tempting to do the lottery today as I seem to be on a winning streak.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Apr 17, 10:44 AM
    • 32,682 Posts
    • 27,403 Thanks
    custardy
    I think there should be a separate survey that deals with parcels, not just lumped on to this one.

There is already a separate survey dealing with the 3rd party companies that RM are under obligation to deliver letters for.

Like I said, I want to do this again but every other week I was having to travel halfway across the city to the delivery office because of all these skanky large items they now include.

The more people that REFUSE to do it, then maybe TNS will look at it.
    Originally posted by MCGONIS
    Well I don't think its going to happen
    • quoia
    • By quoia 13th Apr 17, 12:57 PM
    • 13,434 Posts
    • 141,279 Thanks
    quoia
    Currently completing 'unaddressed mail' surveys, and as it's a while since last doing them, wondered if someone could clarify a point.

Any pamphlets, brochures etc which arrive with free newspapers are recorded, yet if they arrive with paid newspapers, they are not recorded?

Thanks for any help.
    Originally posted by libra10
    Paid newspapers wouldnt be classed as mail?
    Originally posted by custardy
    And IF they were, then "technically" they would count as "correctly addressed" and NOT "unaddressed" since your newspaper delivery boy has put something you've "ordered" specifically through your letterbox and NOT some/most/all of the houses in your street.

Just because the newsagent hasn't PHYSICALLY written your name and address on the item in question, it doesn't mean it's "unaddressed", after all it has rightly reached its one and only destination.
    Originally posted by quoia
    An "interesting" incident regards the above ....

... "paid" newspapers and Unaddressed Survey (which I'm in the middle of at the minute)

I don't have any daily or local papers delivered, BUT on Tuesday afternoon a copy of the local evening newspaper came through the letterbox, presumably by mistake, probably destined for a neighbour, maybe there's a new paperboy doing the round.

Anyway short of asking the residents of the half dozen houses either side of where I live, and the "corresponding" dozen houses on the other side of the road, to see if they are missing their copy, there is little I can do since no number is scribbled on it anywhere. (And I'm not going round all the local newsagents)

Anyway, thought it would just be a one off

NOPE, yesterday afternoon and Wednesday's edition drops through.

Just checked with one of my next door neighbours and they also have had unexpected copies of Tuesday's and Wednesday's evening local paper turn up.

Hmmm!
    Well this time they are being recorded as "Unaddressed" mail

Not sure if we are being given "tempting" free samples OR the paperboy's having a breakdown
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • kazzybabes
    • By kazzybabes 15th Apr 17, 8:43 AM
    • 271 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    kazzybabes
    Hi! Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this happening before? I posted an item on monday and it has appeared in my resolve queries saying that smart indicates the date was on the Tuesday. I definately posted it on the monday but now im worried i accidently mixed the smarts up as I had one to post on Tuesday as well. Although the Tuesday one hasn't appeared in the resolve queries list. Thanks for any advice!
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 15th Apr 17, 8:51 AM
    • 776 Posts
    • 3,283 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Hi! Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this happening before? I posted an item on monday and it has appeared in my resolve queries saying that smart indicates the date was on the Tuesday. I definately posted it on the monday but now im worried i accidently mixed the smarts up as I had one to post on Tuesday as well. Although the Tuesday one hasn't appeared in the resolve queries list. Thanks for any advice!
    Originally posted by kazzybabes
    yes had a query like that which i can only think was because the postie decided not to collect that box on the day I posted and emptied it the next day. the smart data doesn't generate until it goes through the sorting office machines.
    you will get utterly silly queries so don't doubt yourself.

my usual query is that I logged something as received on X+1 but the smart says it was X, I already had inclings that my postie was only doing our road every other day anyway so confirmed it, they have now started doing longer shifts & it has stopped in the most part.
    - Mortgage: £ 53000 0! Mortgage Free!
    - Student Loan: £ 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • heatherks
    • By heatherks 17th Apr 17, 10:13 PM
    • 831 Posts
    • 696 Thanks
    heatherks
    as pp says maybe the postie hasn't picked up last colection from the box on Monday or came earlier than time on the post box
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 18th Apr 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 7,151 Thanks
    NBLondon
    ... which is something the survey should detect if it's a recurring issue...

If you're sure, kazzy, just respond as such.
    This Be the Verse - Philip Larkin. The first line that everyone knows.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 18th Apr 17, 4:12 PM
    • 4,555 Posts
    • 14,789 Thanks
    redagila
    yes had a query like that which i can only think was because the postie decided not to collect that box on the day I posted and emptied it the next day. the smart data doesn't generate until it goes through the sorting office machines.
    you will get utterly silly queries so don't doubt yourself.

my usual query is that I logged something as received on X+1 but the smart says it was X, I already had inclings that my postie was only doing our road every other day anyway so confirmed it, they have now started doing longer shifts & it has stopped in the most part.
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle

We seem to have a similar problem with deliveries. I am not currently on the panel but we do not receive any mail on Tuesday at the moment but with an increased amount on Wednesday when all the flyers come. At least some days in the week we receive our post before 10.00am rather than the usual afternoon - so infuriating when you are waiting for something particular.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 18th Apr 17, 4:17 PM
    • 32,682 Posts
    • 27,403 Thanks
    custardy
    We seem to have a similar problem with deliveries. I am not currently on the panel but we do not receive any mail on Tuesday at the moment but with an increased amount on Wednesday when all the flyers come. At least some days in the week we receive our post before 10.00am rather than the usual afternoon - so infuriating when you are waiting for something particular.
    Originally posted by redagila
    What you describe arent really 'problems'
    Tuesday is the quietest day of the week for mail for various pipline reasons.
    The 'flyers' can be delivered any day,so would you do them on your quietest?
    On the 'early' days you are likely on a lapsed delivery. So posties carve up a delivery between them on top of their normal delivery. most will do this before starting their main delivery.
    • surfboard2
    • By surfboard2 19th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    • 1,939 Posts
    • 48,344 Thanks
    surfboard2
    Got an e-mail to come back on this survey after being rested for nearly a year! Yay!
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 20th Apr 17, 9:13 AM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 7,151 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I'm doing undelivered at the moment... On Tuesday, I got the two items pictured on the website so I logged them. Yesterday, I get the same two again.... So I've logged them as 2 extra items. Presumably a mistake when they were being doled out to rounds.
    This Be the Verse - Philip Larkin. The first line that everyone knows.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 20th Apr 17, 9:36 AM
    • 15,283 Posts
    • 38,363 Thanks
    elsien
    They're probably mine - I didn't receive any of the ones showing, for the duration of the 3 weeks I was logging unadressed mail for.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 20th Apr 17, 11:05 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    General Grant
    I'm doing undelivered at the moment... On Tuesday, I got the two items pictured on the website so I logged them. Yesterday, I get the same two again.... So I've logged them as 2 extra items. Presumably a mistake when they were being doled out to rounds.
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    I get that frequently. And do as you have done as far as reporting is concerned.
    • MCGONIS
    • By MCGONIS 21st Apr 17, 8:40 PM
    • 681 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    MCGONIS
    Got an e-mail to come back on this survey after being rested for nearly a year! Yay!
    Originally posted by surfboard2
    I honesty don't get the YAY about this survey. I loved it. I am 43 now I have been doing this in a roundabout way since I was 14 or 15. My mum was a market researcher for Research Resources and Mass Observation and as she was so good, they gave her this assignment. She gave me duties of posting letters and I got to keep the stamps. It was a win win.

Now I live in a Glasgow Tenement/Flat/Apartment. Their envelopes don't fit through my box. I then walk ages to collect this skank from a delivery office that is in the middle on NOWHERE.

What I want is TNS to go back to letter surveys. AND I WANT IT NOW.

Do you people not work during the day? How can you be happy to do something for buttons and you have to take time out to collect this stuff?

Do you have letterboxes the size of a bus?

I don't get it.

The parcels and large letter items NEED TO STOP.

And don't come back at me saying the postman throws it over the garden gate. That is not how mail delivery should work.

You are all being exploited. Either agree with me and we can change the way the survey works, OR SIT BACK AND SKEW THE FIGURES.
    Last edited by MCGONIS; 21-04-2017 at 8:42 PM.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 21st Apr 17, 9:26 PM
    • 4,555 Posts
    • 14,789 Thanks
    redagila
    MCGONIS
    I think it is about time you left your high horse and accepted that most of us on here accept the survey as it is even if we are not totally happy with it.
    If you don't like the way it is run, don't accept the invitation to take part. If your life makes it difficult because you are unable to receive more than letters in your postbox that is unfortunate, & yes, some of us on here are retired so are at home to receive post or like me have a large enough letter box that most post goes through without problem.
    I have done this survey for a number of years & at no time have I had to go to collect any post. If an item should be too large, I have neighbours who will always accept items, as we do for them.
    I don't understand how our participation skews any figures as we are just doing what is required of us. Perhaps you would like to explain that statement.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 21st Apr 17, 10:21 PM
    • 13,434 Posts
    • 141,279 Thanks
    quoia
    MCGONIS - RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN !

It's obviously making you unwell, depressed, irrational and you need to STOP IMMEDIATELY for your own health and sanity

As I've said before - I have NEVER had to go to the DO to collect a single item from TNS themselves or any mail involved in the survey

What I have worked out is that I AM PAID MORE THAN THE MINIMUM WAGE when I participate.

Occasionally I have had a cube popped over the back gate (and a card left telling me about it) - but it is rare and usually only when a relief postman is doing the round. The normal regular postman leaves them in my "safe place".

Of course you could always move, because you don't seem very happy living where you do at the moment.
    At least have a decent sized letterbox fitted - mine has a slot approximately 11 inches by 2 inches - got it from B&Q I seem to remember about 10 or so years ago, cost me about £5.

Didn't get it for this survey but so that the big old fat yellow pages, and similar sized catalogues (RS Componenets, Farnell, CPC, Maplin and others) could be delivered without any issue.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • custardy
    • By custardy 22nd Apr 17, 6:22 AM
    • 32,682 Posts
    • 27,403 Thanks
    custardy
    Bloomin' weedgies.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 22nd Apr 17, 1:14 PM
    • 17,305 Posts
    • 11,499 Thanks
    molerat
    The only thing I have ever collected from the DO is my £10 daily prize because it was sent SD. Anything that is too big for the letter box gets put at the back of the house.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 22nd Apr 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 2,370 Thanks
    GetRealBabe

Do you people not work during the day? How can you be happy to do something for buttons and you have to take time out to collect this stuff?

Do you have letterboxes the size of a bus?

I don't get it.

The parcels and large letter items NEED TO STOP.
    Originally posted by MCGONIS
    Hi MCGONIS

I work and do my postings on the way to work. I have a ordinary letterbox which is ok for large letters.

Like other posters, I get cubes/parcels redelivered or taken in by a neighbour.

Why do you come on here and constantly moan about the surveys?
    I don't feel I'm being exploited as the stamps and LTS vouchers come in handy.

LET IT GO.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

772Posts Today

6,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin