Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,214Posts
    • 66,788Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 300
    • redagila
    • By redagila 16th Mar 17, 12:16 PM
    • 4,364 Posts
    • 14,556 Thanks
    redagila
    Well i had the call yesterday to say I'd passed training and advice of panel changes, i told the girl that was funny as I'd been put on rest due to oversubscription a month ago, told i was going live from 2 weeks ago & not received a posting pack with nothing on the horizon so strangely I'd guessed i was ok given I'm an old hand and clearly they hadn't changed as their admin is still very poor. I also updated them as i did last year that people are not doing it properly which is putting​ those of us who do at risk.
    She was surprised by my comments & hadn't heard about any of the issues raised before and is 'going to escalate for investigation' so we can all believe that when we see an improvement (ha).

I know it won't make a difference but i like to put them on the back foot when they call with their script and air my issues with how it's run as they continue to make the same mistakes, when i do complete a stint this year I will be thinking very carefully about whether to bother doing it anymore or just the correctly delivered when offered.
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle

I totally agree with you but have also found that reports to them about problems never seem to make them improve.
    My DD worked for one of the other companies in the group & I won't repeat what she said about TNS and their inefficiencies!

I don't believe you will be sent invites to do Corr.Deld or D2D questionnaires if you totally leave the panel as from memory other posters have tried to do that and were told a definite No.
    I think they would lose a lot of us "oldies" who would be very happy just to do those surveys without the hassle of everyday posting.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 17th Mar 17, 9:28 AM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 6,722 Thanks
    NBLondon
    when i do complete a stint this year I will be thinking very carefully about whether to bother doing it anymore or just the correctly delivered when offered.
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle
    I'm already having that think... I went through the same loop you've described this time last year - this year it was start training then oversubscribed and now silence - but they are still asking for Undelivered and Correctly Addressed at least one a month so I'm happily collecting the £5 vouchers without the messing about with cubes and will do so as long as it lasts.
    One day I'll think of something witty - Apparently I have!
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 17th Mar 17, 3:06 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 1,930 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Anyone else having problems with SMART return envelopes? The last couple I've had have been stuck together on the inside so you can't open them. Very annoying!
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 17th Mar 17, 4:19 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Anyone else having problems with SMART return envelopes? The last couple I've had have been stuck together on the inside so you can't open them. Very annoying!
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Just ask TNS to send you some new ones.....so there is now not any probs is there ?
    • black paw
    • By black paw 17th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    black paw
    my envelope super sticky too .. my trial coming to the end too ! Last 4 weeks , prob miss the easter eggs LOL .....I Have had alot where i have to post morning and afternoon on the same day , which is an extra special outing to do one in the car ! so costing me petrol as nearly always wants to be posted at a post office .... think is becoming to much for such little
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 17th Mar 17, 6:20 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Mchambers
    my envelope super sticky too .. my trial coming to the end too ! Last 4 weeks , prob miss the easter eggs LOL .....I Have had alot where i have to post morning and afternoon on the same day , which is an extra special outing to do one in the car ! so costing me petrol as nearly always wants to be posted at a post office .... think is becoming to much for such little
    Originally posted by black paw
    Please note that you can post at anytime at any post box in your post area; so you are not obliged to have to spend any petrol money in order to post at your post office. You can post everything at your nearest post box.
    • Alarae
    • By Alarae 17th Mar 17, 9:14 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 252 Thanks
    Alarae
    Has anyone been invited to a Life of Mail survey? It's conducted by Kantar.

I have registered for the postal survey but not invited to the full one yet (I have done a stint at a previous address) and re-registered for my current home address and after a month or so got the above email.

Or am I being completely dense and this *is* the actual full survey?

It's been a few years since I did the survey. My 1st class stamp supply is running out so I thought I would take another crack at it!
    Slimming the Wallet... and Me!
    09/10/2016
    MBNA:
    £5,165.93
    (£3,212.67) AA: £972.00 (£128.00) Barclaycard: £938.54 (£128.54)
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 18th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    • 3,158 Posts
    • 1,665 Thanks
    MABLE
    I have just received an email inviting me to take part again in the correctly delivered mail survey. However I am back in training for the main survey. I have checked and there is no test items for next week. Does anyone know do they will still consider you for another survey even if you are in training for the main one again.
    • jessmist
    • By jessmist 18th Mar 17, 12:08 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    jessmist
    Just been accepted
    Hi,
    I have just been accepted for the Royal Mail survey.
    The email says i will receive my first sender pack on the 01/05/17
    It also states I will receive a email to notify when the first pack is prepared and dispatched.

Please could you explain what happens ? I assume I will be given details to make a online account.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    • redagila
    • By redagila 18th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 4,364 Posts
    • 14,556 Thanks
    redagila
    I have just received an email inviting me to take part again in the correctly delivered mail survey. However I am back in training for the main survey. I have checked and there is no test items for next week. Does anyone know do they will still consider you for another survey even if you are in training for the main one again.
    Originally posted by MABLE

They allow you to do the correctly delivered and the unaddressed surveys while you are resting so no problem if you are back on training.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 18th Mar 17, 2:35 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 1,930 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Just ask TNS to send you some new ones.....so there is now not any probs is there ?
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Thanks, I'm not simple and have already requested more. I just thought it strange that two they had sent me in posting packs were both stuck together on inside, something I've never encountered in all the years I've been doing the survey.
    • thedogsmum
    • By thedogsmum 18th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    thedogsmum
    Thanks, I'm not simple and have already requested more. I just thought it strange that two they had sent me in posting packs were both stuck together on inside, something I've never encountered in all the years I've been doing the survey.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Mine's the same - only had one sent on me and had a wrestling match to get it open.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 18th Mar 17, 6:47 PM
    • 4,364 Posts
    • 14,556 Thanks
    redagila
    Has anyone been invited to a Life of Mail survey? It's conducted by Kantar.

I have registered for the postal survey but not invited to the full one yet (I have done a stint at a previous address) and re-registered for my current home address and after a month or so got the above email.

Or am I being completely dense and this *is* the actual full survey?

It's been a few years since I did the survey. My 1st class stamp supply is running out so I thought I would take another crack at it!
    Originally posted by Alarae

TNS is part of the Kantar group but emails come from TNS for the usual mail survey.
    Sounds as though it might be something new - can you give more information on the email content to clarify a bit more?
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 21st Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 3,158 Posts
    • 1,665 Thanks
    MABLE
    I am just totally confused now. I have been in training for about 3 weeks and note for the next two weeks nothing to be posted. I rang their help line and the advisor said you are down as current. She said this means you have finshed your training. However I have not received any telephone call to confirm this and when I trained originally it was about 7 weeks.

Also I was very surprised they offered me the chance of doing their correctly delivered mail in April but I now understand you can still do other surveys whilst on the main panel.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 21st Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 14,375 Posts
    • 35,487 Thanks
    elsien
    When you've been rested, the retraining does seem to be shorter. I think I had about 3 weeks, then a gap of a week or two then the proper stuff started coming through. Then I got an email to say I was being rested again, followed the next day by one welcoming me back on the panel.
    Welcome to the world of TNS.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • tboo
    • By tboo 21st Mar 17, 8:01 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 1,476 Thanks
    tboo
    Please note that you can post at anytime at any post box in your post area; so you are not obliged to have to spend any petrol money in order to post at your post office. You can post everything at your nearest post box.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Just to point out as well and not be pedantic
    You post whatever the schedule says - otherwise they would say post it anywhere
    It can say post office or post box for e.g.
    It also states which time of day to post the item

----------------------------------------------------------
    “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”
    ----------------------------------------------
    • black paw
    • By black paw 22nd Mar 17, 12:04 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    black paw
    Just to point out as well and not be pedantic
    You post whatever the schedule says - otherwise they would say post it anywhere
    It can say post office or post box for e.g.
    It also states which time of day to post the item
    Originally posted by tboo
    I always post where it says PB or PO ,and at the time stated .. when i can't i will leave to post the following week at the stated time and address. Thats where some times I get a morning and afternoon or even they give me a morning or afternoon. least get fresh air !
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
    • frenchfancy89
    • By frenchfancy89 22nd Mar 17, 11:31 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    frenchfancy89
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this, just filled in my application and they said they'll be in touch.

Can someone explain what is actually involved? I've been trying to make sense of it through the thread and info i've got on it but can't quite make sense of it (may be sleep deprivation haha) but if someone could give me a jist of it all and let me know if it's worth it

Thanks in advance
    • tboo
    • By tboo 23rd Mar 17, 9:37 AM
    • 435 Posts
    • 1,476 Thanks
    tboo
    @ frenchfancy89

You will get a training pack to look through but basically you are firstly on training for a short while

You receive in the post small cards called smarts in side envelopes/jiffy bags/cubes/cd boxes etc which you log the time, date etc - these are from other people on the survey

edit Sorry you post to the business park first then are let loose on proper people

You also receive packs of envelopes/jiffy bags etc same as above to post to others on the survey (they tell you what to do on the sheets that come with them, hand written, printed labels, post at a post box, at mid day etc) - you log these as well, time, date, where you posted them etc on the same on line system

You will also get small parcels called cubes which you have to go to the post office and pay for via cash - you do receive vouchers to cover the cost though

Every month while on the survey you receive stamps and a diary etc at Christmas

I'm not doing it again - I've done it twice - I work outside my area and the times they want things posting make it a hassle eg mid day

You fill in the online reports the same when you go 'live'

----------------------------------------------------------
    “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”
    ----------------------------------------------
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 23rd Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 6,722 Thanks
    NBLondon
    To add...

SMARTS are the electronic trackers that tell RM when an item went through various checkpoints. (In training you get fake ones). You log the ones that come to you in post test items and then you can send them out again in other items. If necessary, TNS will send you some extra ones or tell you to send them back directly (they give you a pre-paid special envelope).

The outgoing envelopes and jiffy bags are pre-stamped. If it's a bigger thing - a cube or a parcel that you need to take to a Post Office, you will get Love2Shop vouchers in advance - for the correct postage and rounded up and another £2 of vouchers afterwards (I think it's after that item has been logged at the other end.) This covers your time and effort in getting to the PO.

If you can easily get to a PO and are usually in during the day to receive packages - then it's easy work and you get a good supply of free stamps (plus sticky labels and scrap paper). If like tboo, you work in a different postcode zone to your home address... or if getting to a PO takes time and money then it might not be worth it. (Some people have decided that it isn't - others have decided to go off the specified posting plan and just post wherever they like.)
    One day I'll think of something witty - Apparently I have!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,603Posts Today

8,144Users online

Martin's Twitter