Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,214Posts
    • 66,788Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 299
    • Runnerduck
    • By Runnerduck 7th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 3,115 Posts
    • 119,643 Thanks
    Runnerduck
    How often is everyone getting the larger items to post? I'm getting at least one each week - this week I had to post a cube yesterday, and another cube today!
    Originally posted by juno
    ive got 2 to post on different days next week and my post office is a 12 mile round trip, so i will be doing the one on a different day as i'm not making 2 special journeys
    best win yet - 10 night holiday to Australia
    • redagila
    • By redagila 7th Mar 17, 12:21 PM
    • 4,365 Posts
    • 14,556 Thanks
    redagila
    I've just started a 6 month off period but was having an increasing number of boxes and PO items over the last few months. I thought it might have been as they were short of panellists as I did 12 month without a break.
    At the end, I was posting PO items that would usually go in the box outside the PO, at a PB close to my home as it was becoming too much effort to make the journey to my usual PO BUT I did post on the actual day of the week requested which I think is their main criteria.
    They used to say you would receive 1 item a month that needed handing over at the PO but seem to have altered the boundaries.
    Looks as though everyone affected needs to complain.
    Last edited by redagila; 07-03-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Mar 17, 12:43 PM
    • 16,023 Posts
    • 10,189 Thanks
    molerat
    The most hand over counter items I have had was 1 each on 2 consecutive weeks but that split across 2 months, last and first weeks. Luckily my PO is a 10 minute round walk. The most items I have had to post in a week was 5 and 3 of them were the same day.

Still receiving items posted this week even though I finished last week, maybe they are week late postings.

I think we are all well aware that TNS could not organise a proverbial in a brewery
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Annft
    • By Annft 7th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annft
    Hi could anyone help me please. I need to post my letters next Monday and have just received my smarts (on a piece of card as in training) do i enter these today as received items or I am supposed to wait till next week? Do I then go on and enter sent details on Monday? Can't see anything for sent items - does it become visible on Monday?
    Sorry for all the questions.
    Thanks
    • juno
    • By juno 7th Mar 17, 6:41 PM
    • 6,400 Posts
    • 9,073 Thanks
    juno
    Hi could anyone help me please. I need to post my letters next Monday and have just received my smarts (on a piece of card as in training) do i enter these today as received items or I am supposed to wait till next week? Do I then go on and enter sent details on Monday? Can't see anything for sent items - does it become visible on Monday?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Annft
    When the SMARTs are sent to you, you don't need to log them. That's just your posting pack. You don't need to log when you receive the packs with the envelopes etc for you to send items, either.

You need to log in and enter when you send the items. You'll need to know where you posted them (which road the post box was on) and what time you posted them. If the website won't let you do it on Monday you can enter the details at a later date.
    Sealed pot challenge #377
    Target £125 - 2009 total £117.57
    2010 total £151.95

Murphy's No More Pies Club #209
    • redagila
    • By redagila 7th Mar 17, 6:47 PM
    • 4,365 Posts
    • 14,556 Thanks
    redagila
    You do not have to record receipt of anything sent by TNS so no need to enter training Smarts.
    Have you looked under "posting plan" for next week's schedule? And you should also receive a paper schedule with the listing.
    Have you looked at the Training Information online which should help you?
    I haven't done training for over one year so if I am incorrect with any of this I'm sure someone will correct me.
    Once you get through the training it should all fall into place for you.

Thanks to Elsien & ChrisV (see following posts) for giving up to date information.
    Last edited by redagila; 08-03-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 7th Mar 17, 6:54 PM
    • 14,384 Posts
    • 35,522 Thanks
    elsien
    Thanks
    They'll have a piece of paper with them with an R number on if they need to be recorded as a received item. Otherwise there is usually and enclosed letter telling you they've been sent out for future use.
    I did get one I had to record as received before I started sending things, if I remember rightly.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th Mar 17, 7:00 PM
    • 3,618 Posts
    • 70,861 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Thanks
    Hi Ann, I'm in training (again!). Did your cardboard smarts come with a paper with an R???? number on it?
    If so, you need to log in today and record these as 'Received Items'.
    Then you can go to your posting plan, click for 'following week' click on each item, and prepare it for posting.

Edit - Xposted with elsien
    Last edited by Chrisv; 07-03-2017 at 7:03 PM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Annft
    • By Annft 7th Mar 17, 7:02 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annft
    Thanks for the replies. Yes it did have a letter with a R number on. I have just gone on and all the info was there for me to enter. Thanks very much for the help. Another question...... can you only see what to post a week in advance?
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th Mar 17, 7:05 PM
    • 3,618 Posts
    • 70,861 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Thanks for the replies. Yes it did have a letter with a R number on. I have just gone on and all the info was there for me to enter. Thanks very much for the help. Another question...... can you only see what to post a week in advance?
    Yes, only 1 week in advance.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Annft
    • By Annft 7th Mar 17, 9:34 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annft
    Many thanks for all the replies, you have all been very helpful. I have printed off the FAQ and will refer to it if I get stuck.

Thank you
    • crunchie96
    • By crunchie96 8th Mar 17, 11:06 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    crunchie96
    royal mail survey
    hi everyone bit annoyed with royal mail had been on there panel for six month now then they stopped over xmas then got email to say training again Today got email to say panel over suscribed and stopped again not happy made me do 3 months training then changed there mind
    • Annft
    • By Annft 8th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annft
    Hi could anyone tell me where you enter your holidays? I have logged in but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks
    • libra10
    • By libra10 8th Mar 17, 6:40 PM
    • 9,185 Posts
    • 149,959 Thanks
    libra10

https://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/MyAccount/frmMyAccount.aspx

HTH
    • tomvox
    • By tomvox 8th Mar 17, 6:52 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    tomvox
    hi everyone bit annoyed with royal mail had been on there panel for six month now then they stopped over xmas then got email to say training again Today got email to say panel over suscribed and stopped again not happy made me do 3 months training then changed there mind
    Originally posted by crunchie96
    Same thing happened to me just before Christmas. Just keep waiting I guess.
    • Annft
    • By Annft 8th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annft

https://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/MyAccount/frmMyAccount.aspx

HTH
    Originally posted by libra10
    Many thanks for your help
    • Annft
    • By Annft 13th Mar 17, 4:40 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annft
    Hi I have just posted my first letters for the survey. I have noticed that there is nothing in my schedule for next week. Is this normal?

Thanks
    • Locky
    • By Locky 13th Mar 17, 5:06 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 2,738 Thanks
    Locky
    Hi I have just posted my first letters for the survey. I have noticed that there is nothing in my schedule for next week. Is this normal?

Thanks
    Yes, it's common to have the odd blank week. Are you doing test letters or actual ones? You might find the information gets updated on Thurs and you will have items to post next week.
    • Annft
    • By Annft 13th Mar 17, 7:10 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Annft
    Yes, it's common to have the odd blank week. Are you doing test letters or actual ones? You might find the information gets updated on Thurs and you will have items to post next week.
    Originally posted by Locky

Hi I am doing test items at the mo.

Thanks
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 16th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    • 641 Posts
    • 2,769 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Well i had the call yesterday to say I'd passed training and advice of panel changes, i told the girl that was funny as I'd been put on rest due to oversubscription a month ago, told i was going live from 2 weeks ago & not received a posting pack with nothing on the horizon so strangely I'd guessed i was ok given I'm an old hand and clearly they hadn't changed as their admin is still very poor. I also updated them as i did last year that people are not doing it properly which is putting​ those of us who do at risk.
    She was surprised by my comments & hadn't heard about any of the issues raised before and is 'going to escalate for investigation' so we can all believe that when we see an improvement (ha).

I know it won't make a difference but i like to put them on the back foot when they call with their script and air my issues with how it's run as they continue to make the same mistakes, when i do complete a stint this year I will be thinking very carefully about whether to bother doing it anymore or just the correctly delivered when offered.
    - Mortgage: £ 53000 0! Mortgage Free!
    - Student Loan: £ 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,844Posts Today

8,575Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin