Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,207Posts
    • 66,770Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 274
    • Chandy
    • By Chandy 16th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    Chandy
    I signed up for this a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet and have no idea what to do. Do I just wait for something to arrive in the post or what?
    • redagila
    • By redagila 16th Oct 16, 11:08 PM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 14,296 Thanks
    redagila
    I signed up for this a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet and have no idea what to do. Do I just wait for something to arrive in the post or what?
    Originally posted by Chandy

They will contact you if/when they have a vacancy in your postcode area but it could be a long wait.
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 16th Oct 16, 11:57 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    I haven't checked what appears on those sent by business senders (those which would have been franked) but from private posters the slip which has the R number on also shows your postcode, size of envelope or cube, handwritten or typed label, and the postage value.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    It had a small 1st on - can't be for sure what came up but it definitely said it wasn't supposed to have a stamp on
    Originally posted by tboo
    Seeing the info on the R number sheet of the cube I received is what first made me realise that the sender should have used an APL, this was confirmed by the online system. The postage for first class small parcel is £3.35, they stuck six first class stamps on which figures out at a value of £3.84. So it was obviously done by the sender and not the Post Office employee.....Naughty naughty!!

I doubt they'll even hear from TNS about it and they'll probably still receive the £2 L2S incentive/thank you vouchers instead of a slap on the wrists for pocketing the APL money and using the free stamps we all get each month! �� Lol!!
    C x
    Last edited by Clairabella78; 17-10-2016 at 1:50 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something relevant to the post
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 17th Oct 16, 7:29 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    I haven't checked what appears on those sent by business senders (those which would have been franked) but from private posters the slip which has the R number on also shows your postcode, size of envelope or cube, handwritten or typed label, and the postage value.

However the large envelopes are usually pre-stamped with large 1st class stamps and don't require more postage than that.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    Hi G.G,
    The sticker on the business panellist R number sheet has the same type of details as the private panellist ones do (post code, postage value etc.). Maybe somewhat less detailed as the private panellists ones though. I get the odd business one with envelope size, window insert or solid/sticker info too.
    Happy posting peeps!
    C x
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 18th Oct 16, 5:34 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    Please can anyone advise....when recording the receipt of a large envelope which has been folded in two, but otherwise is in perfect condition, should I record the condition of the envelope as 'folded' or as 'undamaged'?

The fold has not been made by the postman to get it through my letterbox, it has been folded to put it into the envelope going to the panellist who forwarded it onto me. It was folded before it started its 'test journey' - so to my mind it has arrived undamaged, but strictly speaking, it has been folded. I hope that makes sense. /
    • redagila
    • By redagila 18th Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 14,296 Thanks
    redagila
    Please can anyone advise....when recording the receipt of a large envelope which has been folded in two, but otherwise is in perfect condition, should I record the condition of the envelope as 'folded' or as 'undamaged'?

The fold has not been made by the postman to get it through my letterbox, it has been folded to put it into the envelope going to the panellist who forwarded it onto me. It was folded before it started its 'test journey' - so to my mind it has arrived undamaged, but strictly speaking, it has been folded. I hope that makes sense. /
    Originally posted by HomingPigeon

I always record them as undamaged as they arrive that way with the sending panellist.
    • Luckwudaveit
    • By Luckwudaveit 19th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Luckwudaveit
    This was discussed a while ago and it was suggested that panellists insert the sheet of paper in such a way that a new fold would be detectable by the receiver.
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 19th Oct 16, 6:27 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    Thanks to both for replies.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 19th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 14,296 Thanks
    redagila
    This was discussed a while ago and it was suggested that panellists insert the sheet of paper in such a way that a new fold would be detectable by the receiver.
    Originally posted by Luckwudaveit

Was that instructions from TNS or just from discussion on here?
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 21st Oct 16, 10:30 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    Do TNS automatically send SMARTS when you are low, or do you have to always request them?

Is there any way you can check if you are due to receive any in the post sent to you by the panellists?

I only have one SMART in stock, however I don't need any for at least another week as I have my posting schedule sorted for next week.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 21st Oct 16, 10:48 AM
    • 8,614 Posts
    • 129,581 Thanks
    libra10
    TNS don't automatically send SMARTs, they usually arrive through other panellists' postings.

As far as I know, there isn't any way to check what you are due to receive from others.

During the week you will probably receive plenty of SMARTs which you can use. If not, either phone or email TNS and they will send some out.

HTH
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 21st Oct 16, 2:31 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    Yes that's very helpful, thank you very much.

I have another couple of queries please. I've just posted an envelope (Friday) and the 'next collection' plate said Tuesday. I posted in the same box two days ago (Wednesday) and the plate was displaying Tuesday for the next collection, so the 'next collection' plate hasn't been changed for at least 3 days.

Also, one of the boxes I use is very old and doesn't have a slot to display a 'next collection' day, due to its very basic design.

I think it's a shame there's not a small message box when you are recording the posting details, to show, for example, the second box doesn't have the facility to change the collection day, and it is not a postman's error.

Should I email and inform TNS of my findings, or just leave it?
    • libra10
    • By libra10 21st Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    • 8,614 Posts
    • 129,581 Thanks
    libra10
    It might be an idea to let TNS know about these issues, quote the ID number of the post box when emailing.

If the mail from the boxes isn't being collected daily, it's bound to affect the length of time taken for mail to reach its destination.

Best wishes
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 21st Oct 16, 4:08 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    Thanks, I will, but I must say I suspect they're not bothering to change the plate, rather than not emptying the box. It's what I would call a busy box, a full-size pillar type, on a main road.
    • littlemoney
    • By littlemoney 22nd Oct 16, 10:01 AM
    • 189 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    littlemoney
    Yes that's very helpful, thank you very much.

I have another couple of queries please. I've just posted an envelope (Friday) and the 'next collection' plate said Tuesday. I posted in the same box two days ago (Wednesday) and the plate was displaying Tuesday for the next collection, so the 'next collection' plate hasn't been changed for at least 3 days.

Also, one of the boxes I use is very old and doesn't have a slot to display a 'next collection' day, due to its very basic design.

I think it's a shame there's not a small message box when you are recording the posting details, to show, for example, the second box doesn't have the facility to change the collection day, and it is not a postman's error.

Should I email and inform TNS of my findings, or just leave it?
    Originally posted by HomingPigeon
    At my local post box sometimes they don't bother putting a day plate in the slot. That's when I select "None of these" from the list.
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 22nd Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 1,007 Posts
    • 834 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    I gave TNS some feedback that I appeared to be receiving and sending a lot of post for the survey. They appear to be listening as I have only had to send one letter this week and have received 2 this week for the survey.

Much better.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 22nd Oct 16, 1:17 PM
    • 31,498 Posts
    • 26,159 Thanks
    custardy
    I gave TNS some feedback that I appeared to be receiving and sending a lot of post for the survey. They appear to be listening as I have only had to send one letter this week and have received 2 this week for the survey.

Much better.
    Originally posted by stephenliverpool1
    Why not just stop doing it?
    • SpreadPyar
    • By SpreadPyar 22nd Oct 16, 2:29 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    SpreadPyar
    Hi,

Just received the box to post with the £4 (4 x £1)love to shop incentive - but my vouchers have holes in them???- I can see the metallic security strip ,is this normal?
    Would be grateful for a reply - Thanks
    Originally posted by columbo_addict
    I also got the same with the instruction leaflet on how to post the cube. In it says
    "You might notice that the look of Love2Shop vouchers has changed slightly. You'll find they now have small perforations in them. This is just an added security feature and isn't a defect"

I have two questions for you if you can answer or anyone else who can.

1) When taking the cube to the PO counter what do I say to the cashier if he/she asks what is in the box. I am sure it to be asked. I read somewhere but it is many pages away. So lost in post(lol). I think it says just say there is a battery operated toy. If we say there is a tracking device they might flag it up or something.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2)Another thing is the instructions online and on the schedule sheet I got say to include a SMART with it but there is no SMART id online schedule which was updated on Thu. I have to post it on Wed so do I hod on it until week later when I should have a SMART linked to it or post it with no SMART in it and say SMART not included when filling in online form.

Thanks in Advance.
    • KAAT_LADY
    • By KAAT_LADY 22nd Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 31,694 Thanks
    KAAT_LADY
    I also got the same with the instruction leaflet on how to post the cube. In it says
    "You might notice that the look of Love2Shop vouchers has changed slightly. You'll find they now have small perforations in them. This is just an added security feature and isn't a defect"

I have two questions for you if you can answer or anyone else who can.

1) When taking the cube to the PO counter what do I say to the cashier if he/she asks what is in the box. I am sure it to be asked. I read somewhere but it is many pages away. So lost in post(lol). I think it says just say there is a battery operated toy. If we say there is a tracking device they might flag it up or something.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2)Another thing is the instructions online and on the schedule sheet I got say to include a SMART with it but there is no SMART id online schedule which was updated on Thu. I have to post it on Wed so do I hod on it until week later when I should have a SMART linked to it or post it with no SMART in it and say SMART not included when filling in online form.

Thanks in Advance.
    Originally posted by SpreadPyar

No one asked me what was in it I just handed it over
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Saetana
    • By Saetana 22nd Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 2,186 Thanks
    Saetana
    I usually say its a sample of oasis (the stuff you put flowers in) if they ask. My post office now just asks if there is anything in the parcel that is against regulations, haven't been asked exactly what is in the box for a while now.

If there is no SMART listed on the online posting schedule then you do not include a SMART. The online schedule is more up to date than the paper schedule and is the one you should go by.
    2016 Wins: 2 Night London Break, iPad Mini, £200 Red Letter Day Voucher, £100 Mastercard, £100 tennis.net Voucher, £20 iTunes Voucher, 5 T-Shirts, 2 Cases of Juice, 2 Months NOW TV pass, London attraction pass, Festival Tickets, Theatre Tickets, 2 Cases of Beer, Tour of Lords/Cream Tea, Years Supply of L'Oreal Elvive, Shoes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,138Posts Today

6,044Users online

Martin's Twitter