Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,207Posts
    • 66,770Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 273
    • aninymoose
    • By aninymoose 14th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    aninymoose
    I'm getting fed up that every time I declare something as not received on Unaddressed Mail; they phone me to tell me they are sending me an e-mail to ask if I was sure I hadn't received it. Yes - that's why I ticked it as not received! And if you are sending me an e-mail, why are you phoning me as well?
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    They haven't phoned but I do keep getting the email. I have two items due that have been there a week so I guess I'll be getting another email soon. I just copy and paste my previous reply.
    Yes I was aware and I recorded all unaddressed mail I received.
    I am sure I did not receive any of the images. Nobody else would have thrown them away as they knew I was watching for them.
    I received normal post during this time.
    I was at home during thiS time
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 14th Oct 16, 6:25 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 835 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    They haven't phoned but I do keep getting the email. I have two items due that have been there a week so I guess I'll be getting another email soon. I just copy and paste my previous reply.
    Yes I was aware and I recorded all unaddressed mail I received.
    I am sure I did not receive any of the images. Nobody else would have thrown them away as they knew I was watching for them.
    I received normal post during this time.
    I was at home during thiS time
    Originally posted by aninymoose
    Don't worry as redagila will advise soon lol !

I do wonder why you don't resign from TNS as you are always complaining about them.

I agree that TNS definitely need to be much better organised but if I have ever had a problem they have always resolved it very quickly.

Recently I have been asked a few times to confirm receipt day of items as a Monday rather than the Saturday. I know there is obviously a local delivery problem as we have had no mail delivered on 2-3 Saturdays recently but with lots on the following Monday. Surely this is what the survey is for to highlight problems. Have you thought that there are possibly problems in your area & that they need confirmation that data has been correctly entered so the problem can be addressed?
    Originally posted by redagila
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 14th Oct 16, 9:42 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    I am getting fed up with TNS constantly querying my posting times. Every time, I just confirm my original posting time and never amend it.
    Originally posted by stephenliverpool1
    I had yet another query from them the other day. I posted the item at 17.02, a full 28 mins before last collection/acceptance. Like you, I always just confirm the "daily tasks" queries, but this query came by email. I was told that the SMART had logged it as being sent the day after. The item was a cube so posted at the post office, therefore, I had proof of postage this time. So I highlighted the date and time and sent them a pic as return email. I resisted the urge to include cleverly disguised exasperated sarcasm in my covering note (or not disguised for that matter!)! 😉 No reply from them so I suppose that was acceptable!!!
    I know they're only trying to figure out if I've made a human error or if indeed the fault lies with Royal Mail, but it can get a bit demoralising when frequently being asked "Are you sure you were sure the first time you said you were sure?"!!
    Happy posting peeps!! 😁
    C x
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 14th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 1,010 Posts
    • 835 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    I had yet another query from them the other day. I posted the item at 17.02, a full 28 mins before last collection/acceptance. Like you, I always just confirm the "daily tasks" queries, but this query came by email. I was told that the SMART had logged it as being sent the day after. The item was a cube so posted at the post office, therefore, I had proof of postage this time. So I highlighted the date and time and sent them a pic as return email. I resisted the urge to include cleverly disguised exasperated sarcasm in my covering note (or not disguised for that matter!)! �� No reply from them so I suppose that was acceptable!!!
    I know they're only trying to figure out if I've made a human error or if indeed the fault lies with Royal Mail, but it can get a bit demoralising when frequently being asked "Are you sure you were sure the first time you said you were sure?"!!
    Happy posting peeps!! ��
    C x
    Originally posted by Clairabella78
    Yep TNS are useless. If and when they start sending me ems, I will be very assertive. I suggest other people take a similar stance.

With luck TNS are reading this thread and may get the message. As I have said before, they should have not changed the last collection times from 0900hrs to 1700hrs; otherwise this mess should have been prevented,

Now enjoying Barcelona !
    Last edited by stephenliverpool1; 14-10-2016 at 10:20 PM.
    • aninymoose
    • By aninymoose 15th Oct 16, 9:49 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    aninymoose
    Don't worry as redagila will advise soon lol !
    I am not worried
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 15th Oct 16, 12:13 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 2,186 Thanks
    Saetana
    I am getting fed up with TNS constantly querying my posting times. Every time, I just confirm my original posting time and never amend it.

They should have kept the last collection time as 1700hrs rather than amending it to 0900hrs. This would have then prevented the queries.
    I just posted a couple of items this morning and then input them as soon as I got back. The first item went through fine and then with the second one I got the last collection time query - even though I posted them in the same box at exactly the same time. Took me three attempts to log the second item - I finally managed to get it to submit by changing the time I posted the item by 5 minutes. Not sure what is going on, my box is still 11.45am Saturday collection. The system seems to think it should be 7am for some reason
    Last edited by Saetana; 15-10-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    2016 Wins: 2 Night London Break, iPad Mini, £200 Red Letter Day Voucher, £100 Mastercard, £100 tennis.net Voucher, £20 iTunes Voucher, 5 T-Shirts, 2 Cases of Juice, 2 Months NOW TV pass, London attraction pass, Festival Tickets, Theatre Tickets, 2 Cases of Beer, Tour of Lords/Cream Tea, Years Supply of L'Oreal Elvive, Shoes
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    • 13,685 Posts
    • 33,227 Thanks
    elsien
    Not sure what is going on, my box is still 11.45am Saturday collection. The system seems to think it should be 7am for some reason
    Originally posted by Saetana
    The box has probably changed to 7 am collection but RM haven't changed the details on the box. One of mine was like this and it took 12 months of me saying yes I'm sure that's what it says, here's the photos (yet again) to prove it before someone in RM got off their backsides and updated the post box itself.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • columbo_addict
    • By columbo_addict 15th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    columbo_addict
    Hi,

Just received the box to post with the £4 (4 x £1)love to shop incentive - but my vouchers have holes in them???- I can see the metallic security strip ,is this normal?
    Would be grateful for a reply - Thanks
    • Lorka
    • By Lorka 15th Oct 16, 2:19 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Lorka
    Hi,

Just received the box to post with the £4 (4 x £1)love to shop incentive - but my vouchers have holes in them???- I can see the metallic security strip ,is this normal?
    Originally posted by columbo_addict
    Hi columbo_addict,
    I received vouchers with holes in them too and contacted TNS. Their response was - 'I can assure you they are okay'. However, I haven't tried to spend them yet!!
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Oct 16, 4:39 PM
    • 15,054 Posts
    • 9,397 Thanks
    molerat
    Looks like another security measure, hard to forge a foil strip showing through like that.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 15,054 Posts
    • 9,397 Thanks
    molerat
    Received my posting pack this morning - one medium brown with printed address label ! The most I have had this session is 4 and that was posting 2 a day.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • tboo
    • By tboo 15th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    tboo
    Hi,

Originally posted by columbo_addict
    I got 2 of these a few weeks back and tried to spend them in Arg@s - they refused as they didn't look real, told them I'd received them for doing surveys so were legit - not having it so I had to pay cash.
    Rang L2shop and was assured they were real and the 'cigarette burn' was a security feature
    Went back to Arg@s with the tel no the lady gave me (she said to tele her again if any problems) and they then produced a leaflet with the info on - the idi0ts
    They gave me my cash back and took the vouchers

Received today jiffy bag without the paper - the bag was flat as a pancake without the wad - cheapskate poster could have left at least 1 piece in

----------------------------------------------------------
    “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”
    ----------------------------------------------
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 15th Oct 16, 8:24 PM
    • 1,304 Posts
    • 8,432 Thanks
    lesliejack
    Looks like another security measure, hard to forge a foil strip showing through like that.
    Originally posted by molerat
    I wondered about the new style vouchers with holes in, they do look a but suspect don't they?
    But no problem spending them in Iceland.
    essex girl in exile
    • StumpyPumpy
    • By StumpyPumpy 15th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 2,869 Thanks
    StumpyPumpy
    Hi columbo_addict,
    I received vouchers with holes in them too and contacted TNS. Their response was - 'I can assure you they are okay'. However, I haven't tried to spend them yet!!
    Originally posted by Lorka
    When I got vouchers like these, about three weeks ago, the accompanying letter rather than just saying the usual "here is your incentive" included a paragraph pointing out that the holes in the vouchers were a deliberate security feature. Did no one else get/read the letter?

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 15th Oct 16, 11:05 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    When I got vouchers like these, about three weeks ago, the accompanying letter rather than just saying the usual "here is your incentive" included a paragraph pointing out that the holes in the vouchers were a deliberate security feature. Did no one else get/read the letter?
    SP
    Originally posted by StumpyPumpy
    I got 2 of these a few weeks back and tried to spend them in Arg@s - they refused as they didn't look real
    Originally posted by tboo
    Hi,

🙋Yep! I've also had the letter informing me of the vouchers "holey" new look. As tboo experienced, it's very frustrating and a pain in the bum to have to try and convince the shop that you haven't in fact had a craft session with sticky back plastic and toilet roll tubes in an attempt to forge L2S vouchers blue peter style!! If they think these look dodgy, oh what fun they must be having with the new five pound notes!!

Happy posting (and craft time ) peeps!!
    C x
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 15th Oct 16, 11:30 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    Received today jiffy bag without the paper - the bag was flat as a pancake without the wad - cheapskate poster could have left at least 1 piece in
    I'm been getting that so often of late, just the cardboard that the paper should go in and the R number sheet!! Talking of cheapskates, I received a cube the other day which should have been posted using an APL, (the reimbursement for which you're given beforehand) but it had 6 first class stamps on instead. I'm 98% sure that the poster didn't accidentally get the posting method wrong by asking Post Office employee for stamps, because they would have used denomination stamps, they've obviously pocketed the upfront £4 reimbursement and used their incentive stamps instead...........Do you reckon they will still receive the £2 L2S incentive/thank you voucher for posting over the counter?
    C x
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 16th Oct 16, 9:40 AM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 18,129 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    I didn't even notice the new look vouchers except for the colour obviously - then when I went to spend them and was counting them out I noticed and panicked a bit but the lady in Argos took them. She asked about the different colours and I said they had changed, no mention of the hole.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 23 for December
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 1/12/16)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • tboo
    • By tboo 16th Oct 16, 6:24 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    tboo
    I'm been getting that so often of late, just the cardboard that the paper should go in and the R number sheet!! Talking of cheapskates, I received a cube the other day which should have been posted using an APL, (the reimbursement for which you're given beforehand) but it had 6 first class stamps on instead. I'm 98% sure that the poster didn't accidentally get the posting method wrong by asking Post Office employee for stamps, because they would have used denomination stamps, they've obviously pocketed the upfront £4 reimbursement and used their incentive stamps instead...........Do you reckon they will still receive the £2 L2S incentive/thank you voucher for posting over the counter?
    C x
    Originally posted by Clairabella78
    I received a large brown only for it to have a first class on (I had to collect it from the PO as it wasn't enough postage)- I think it should have had a frank on as that's what came up on the screen and I had to click no
    I assume the sender would have received an email - possibly not though

• General Grant
    • By General Grant 16th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 528 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    General Grant
    I received a large brown only for it to have a first class on (I had to collect it from the PO as it wasn't enough postage)- I think it should have had a frank on as that's what came up on the screen and I had to click no
    I assume the sender would have received an email - possibly not though
    I haven't checked what appears on those sent by business senders (those which would have been franked) but from private posters the slip which has the R number on also shows your postcode, size of envelope or cube, handwritten or typed label, and the postage value.

However the large envelopes are usually pre-stamped with large 1st class stamps and don't require more postage than that.
    • tboo
    • By tboo 16th Oct 16, 7:13 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 1,379 Thanks
    tboo
    I haven't checked what appears on those sent by business senders (those which would have been franked) but from private posters the slip which has the R number on also shows your postcode, size of envelope or cube, handwritten or typed label, and the postage value.

However the large envelopes are usually pre-stamped with large 1st class stamps and don't require more postage than that.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    It had a small 1st on - can't be for sure what came up but it definitely said it wasn't supposed to have a stamp on

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,821Posts Today

7,309Users online

Martin's Twitter