Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,206Posts
    • 66,770Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 268
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 22nd Sep 16, 10:23 AM
    • 2,161 Posts
    • 1,875 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    I received one of these "normal" envelopes with foam inside before I finished my latest stint. I think they are using the foam to make the envelope the large letter depth rather than the folded cardboard which used to collapse.
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 22nd Sep 16, 12:10 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 3,955 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    I seem to have to post about 4 items a week and I receive roughly the same amount. I have only had to return smarts to TNS once. I have not had any magazines either.
    • pliusas
    • By pliusas 22nd Sep 16, 2:19 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    pliusas
    I register long time ago and forget about it. I moved house now and want to start to do it. How I can find where to change address? How to start to get letters?
    • libra10
    • By libra10 22nd Sep 16, 2:31 PM
    • 8,363 Posts
    • 123,402 Thanks
    libra10
    I register long time ago and forget about it. I moved house now and want to start to do it. How I can find where to change address? How to start to get letters?
    Originally posted by pliusas

I would contact TNS by one of the following methods.

Please contact our Helpline on 0800 015 3150 between 9:30 and 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 9:30 to 15:30 on Friday, or by e-mail onrmsurveys-helpline@tnsglobal.com.

Good luck!
    • Survlass
    • By Survlass 22nd Sep 16, 9:03 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Survlass
    Does anyone receive "British Homing World", and if so, are you equally disturbed that the pigeon pictures on the front of the mag now feature of close up of the eye? For non receivers, it's not a pretty eye surrounded by feathers, it's just a red and black beady eye pic larger than your thumbnail, and it's freaky!
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 22nd Sep 16, 9:08 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    Does anyone receive "British Homing World", and if so, are you equally disturbed that the pigeon pictures on the front of the mag now feature of close up of the eye? For non receivers, it's not a pretty eye surrounded by feathers, it's just a red and black beady eye pic larger than your thumbnail, and it's freaky!
    Originally posted by Survlass
    Frightening lol

• Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 22nd Sep 16, 11:25 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    Originally posted by Survlass
    That really made me chuckle! 😵
    Big Pigeon is watching you!! 😉 Lol!
    C x
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 22nd Sep 16, 11:37 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    I received one of these "normal" envelopes with foam inside before I finished my latest stint. I think they are using the foam to make the envelope the large letter depth rather than the folded cardboard which used to collapse.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    That makes sense. I often receive just the cardboard insert and non of the folded up paper that tucks inside to pad it out (albeit not very successfully!!), so the envelope is flat from the get go! At least the depth measurement is a constant with the foam.
    C x
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 23rd Sep 16, 8:26 AM
    • 2,064 Posts
    • 9,180 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    That makes sense. I often receive just the cardboard insert and non of the folded up paper that tucks inside to pad it out (albeit not very successfully!!), so the envelope is flat from the get go! At least the depth measurement is a constant with the foam.
    C x
    Originally posted by Clairabella78
    Does make sense to use the foam for consistent depth, but all those I've received with cardboard inserts have all contained folded paper. I find the paper is something we make use of, I hope they don't stop using the paper inserts.
    • luckwudaveit
    • By luckwudaveit 23rd Sep 16, 9:10 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    luckwudaveit
    TNS have emailed me giving me 4 weeks' notice that my 6 months is almost up. Hopefully it won't be long til I'm invited back.
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 24th Sep 16, 12:16 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    I'm still in the training period and this morning I received a grey plastic postal bag containing a DL envelope, a flat-pack cube with a piece of foam, and two cardboard smarts, to post to West Bromwich.

With both the cube and the DL envelope there is an A4 sheet of paper stating:

Receiving Panellist: After checking and recording the information below, please dispose of your test item in an appropriate manner. Please remember to retain your SMART. (Below this a rectangular box filled with X's, and 'Please affix R Number label here').

Am I right in thinking that I don't need to log onto the website and enter any of it (DL envelope/cube/cardboard smarts) as received mail?

Thanks very much all.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 24th Sep 16, 1:24 PM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 14,183 Thanks
    redagila
    TNS have emailed me giving me 4 weeks' notice that my 6 months is almost up. Hopefully it won't be long til I'm invited back.
    Originally posted by luckwudaveit

Depending on their need in your area you might find it quicker than 6 months. I had the email a couple of months ago but followed after about one week with one asking if I would carry on as they were short of people in my area!
    I agreed but I have to say I seem to be having more items to post especially at the PO which means a special journey for me.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 24th Sep 16, 1:27 PM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 14,183 Thanks
    redagila
    I'm still in the training period and this morning I received a grey plastic postal bag containing a DL envelope, a flat-pack cube with a piece of foam, and two cardboard smarts, to post to West Bromwich.

With both the cube and the DL envelope there is an A4 sheet of paper stating:

Receiving Panellist: After checking and recording the information below, please dispose of your test item in an appropriate manner. Please remember to retain your SMART. (Below this a rectangular box filled with X's, and 'Please affix R Number label here').

Am I right in thinking that I don't need to log onto the website and enter any of it (DL envelope/cube/cardboard smarts) as received mail?

Thanks very much all.
    Originally posted by HomingPigeon

You are correct. Everything you have received is needed for you to post the scheduled items. You will need to log on when you have prepared the items to record that and then again to enter actual posting details.

HTH
    • aninymoose
    • By aninymoose 24th Sep 16, 1:28 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    aninymoose

Thanks very much all.
    Originally posted by HomingPigeon
    No just log on to say you have added smart to each item and time you posted it.
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 24th Sep 16, 1:57 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    Thanks both, much appreciated.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 24th Sep 16, 6:35 PM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 14,183 Thanks
    redagila
    Just received Stamps for November in my schedule for w/c 4.10.16!

And does anyone else receive the Chinese newspaper? I bet my postie wonders who we have living here now.
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 24th Sep 16, 8:46 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    And does anyone else receive the Chinese newspaper? I bet my postie wonders who we have living here now.
    Originally posted by redagila
    Hahaha!! 😂
    C x
    • aninymoose
    • By aninymoose 24th Sep 16, 9:57 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    aninymoose
    I got Chinese newspaper and Jewish chronicle. What a mix hey?
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 25th Sep 16, 12:46 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    I got Chinese newspaper and Jewish chronicle. What a mix hey?
    Originally posted by aninymoose

I get Boxing News and a Nursing magazine, I reckon a nursing mag could come in quite handy after a boxing match!! 😉

C x
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 25th Sep 16, 11:06 AM
    • 2,140 Posts
    • 2,346 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Hi

I get the Jewish Chronicle as well. I like reading the recipes pages. Plus BBC Good Food which I enjoy reading.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,660Posts Today

8,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• RT @toes_pointy: @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis Feeling smug. Used MSE sky code to change bband provider, saved £150 & got £50 free credit.?

• MSE weekly email: Ending - Brit Gas £300/yr off & free £30M&S, Vax 75%off, £15off Tesco Wine, £64/yr bband, £8 duvet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin