Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• heatherks
    heatherks Posts: 854 Forumite
    Options
    Beckyy wrote: »
    . Surely people could use post-it notes instead?

i had had them with pink post it notes / stickers on the front with details before

i'm not on the panel at the moment but still got the email ..about time TNS took notice this has been going n for years
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    redagila wrote: »

As this had come up, I have just phoned RM to be told that for both recorded and special delivery you need to pay cash so that a bar code label for your receipt and for the envelope can be printed. Also told it is not possible to produce this any other way!!
    They have mislead you.

You can stick any stamps you want on any item prior to handing it in at a post office and requesting a special service such as signed for or sd.

The receipt will show the prepaid postage plus any more if you needed to pay to top it up

(Though the survey items you send may have different rules about using stamps or paying for a label, that is no concern of the post office clerk/salesperson)
  • treasure_hunter_2
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    They have mislead you.

You can stick any stamps you want on any item prior to handing it in at a post office and requesting a special service such as signed for or sd.

The receipt will show the prepaid postage plus any more if you needed to pay to top it up

(Though the survey items you send may have different rules about using stamps or paying for a label, that is no concern of the post office clerk/salesperson)

yes, im sure you are right as ive done this myself recently, i already had some stamps on my parcel and just paid the extra amount needed to send recorded signed for. Also when i send my parcels to the USA at xmas i try to find special edition christmas stamps as my pen pal loves to see them, i wouldnt like to have an APL label as my only option
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It seems that the assistants at my local PO aren't aware of this; they insist that for recorded deliveries your own stamps cannot be used! They have to be 'special' ones.

It's annoying as I have quite an amount of stamps which I could use for parcels.
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    i was on the panel before and regularly got mail that had dates and times on it.. in fact it was the norm.. i have just started up again and not received any mail yet as on the 3 week training programme.

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    libra10 wrote: »
    It seems that the assistants at my local PO aren't aware of this; they insist that for recorded deliveries your own stamps cannot be used! They have to be 'special' ones.

It's annoying as I have quite an amount of stamps which I could use for parcels.
    Is it a sub post office - they seem to make a habit of being awkward over dealing with customers who don't buy their stamps off them.

But they are wrong!
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes quentin, it is a sub office. I think they're power crazy :D
  • rockchick113
    Options
    Just had an e-mail reminding panellists not to write posting details on envelopes. About time too; I was just about to report to them that one received item today had those details on it.

Good I'm glad it's not just me, I thought I'd do something wrong. I've never found the need to write anything on the postings I always keep the posting schedule with everything. No problem.

Also as anyone had the small white envelopes arrived opened where the perforated bit is opened
    Jane x
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    saxonman wrote: »

Also as anyone had the small white envelopes arrived opened where the perforated bit is opened

Yes, there has been a problem with the white envelopes for a long time - I think they are damaged as they go through the machine.

Problem is if you tell them the envelope is open on arrival, they are likely to remove you from the panel as they will believe your membership has been compromised.
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    libra10 wrote: »
    Yes quentin, it is a sub office. I think they're power crazy :D

Less a matter of "power", more a matter of "sales turnover/business income", I'd guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure