Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 3010 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    • 5,206Posts
    • 66,770Thanks
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 16th Aug 13, 8:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 16th Aug 13 at 8:47 AM
    Hello,

It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 150th page.

Thanks to sarah1972 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that had been asked a lot through the old thread. I thought this would be useful too add because of the same question coming up page after page.

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872901

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by 3010; 06-03-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Page 267
    • molerat
    • By molerat 19th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    • 14,625 Posts
    • 9,010 Thanks
    molerat
    Over the past few weeks mine have been 3, 1, 2, 1 with no large items to post. Not much received either.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • cherie1122
    • By cherie1122 19th Sep 16, 10:46 AM
    • 363 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    cherie1122
    3 - 4 items per week to post including parcels and I think I receive about the same number of items. This week I need to post a CD box and next week another cube. (I often get cubes)

I am looking out for copies of magazines that are supposed to be arriving but so far haven't reached my letterbox.
    Also, I didn't receive my September incentive stamps and sent an email asking for them but had no reply.
    TNS aren't doing very well right now

• stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 19th Sep 16, 12:17 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    TNS aren't doing very well right now
    Originally posted by cherie1122
    Do they ever do well lol ?
    • tboo
    • By tboo 19th Sep 16, 1:19 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 1,369 Thanks
    tboo
    Was half way through inputting when got an error

Dear Panellist,
    Please be aware that our website is unavailable until 2.00pm due to maintenance work
    Thank you for your patience,
    Postal Survey Team

----------------------------------------------------------
    “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”
    ----------------------------------------------
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 19th Sep 16, 2:48 PM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 2,185 Thanks
    Saetana
    How much post are people having to post and receive each week ?

Been back on the main survey for a few weeks. I am having to post 3-to-4 items per week and I reckon that I am receiving 9-to-10 items per week. On Saturday, I got 5 items.

Interested to get other peoples view.

Thanks
    Originally posted by stephenliverpool1
    It really varies for me - I've had between 1 and 8 items per week to post and usually receive about 6 items per week
    2016 Wins: 2 Night London Break, iPad Mini, £100 Visa Card, 3 T-Shirts, 2 Cases of Juice, 2 Months NOW TV pass, London attraction pass, Festival Tickets, Theatre Tickets, 2 Cases of Beer, Tour of Lords/Cream Tea, Years Supply of L'Oreal Elvive
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 19th Sep 16, 5:50 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. I will give it a couple of weeks. If it does not improve, I will complain to TNS.

They should be adopting a standard for everyone by ensuring people are sending/receiving the same number of posts.

I will keep you updated.
    Last edited by stephenliverpool1; 19-09-2016 at 5:56 PM.
    • Skinster
    • By Skinster 19th Sep 16, 8:13 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Skinster
    How much post are people having to post and receive each week ?

Been back on the main survey for a few weeks. I am having to post 3-to-4 items per week and I reckon that I am receiving 9-to-10 items per week. On Saturday, I got 5 items.

Interested to get other peoples view.

Thanks
    Iv started back on panel too & noticed a larger amount to post & receive. I was finishing my 6 month stint when I was asked to continue so after a brief few weeks off started back again. So far iv had to post 6,5,3,3. Also receiving about 8-10 per week.
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 19th Sep 16, 9:06 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    Iv started back on panel too & noticed a larger amount to post & receive. I was finishing my 6 month stint when I was asked to continue so after a brief few weeks off started back again. So far iv had to post 6,5,3,3. Also receiving about 8-10 per week.
    Originally posted by Skinster
    I will complain to TNS to ensure everyone is being asked to send/receive the same amounts.
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 19th Sep 16, 11:29 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    I am looking out for copies of magazines that are supposed to be arriving but so far haven't reached my letterbox.
    Originally posted by cherie1122
    Hi Cherie1122,
    In the "Check non R number items" section of your account, I take it there's a magazine(s) name listed in the "List of items I am going to receive" bit. As well as that, is there a picture of the issue that's supposed to be on its way to you, in the "images I should have received" bit, or is it a blank blue box?
    I've got 3 mag's in my list, one weekly, one monthly and I'm yet to receive the 1st issue of the third one. The first two were in the "going to receive" list for at least 7 or 8 weeks before the picture of the issue appeared in the blue box. For my magazines, the picture appears between 2 to 5 day's before they get here.
    It turned out that I never actually received the first issue of both magazines!! Their images remained in the "should have received" box for a good 5 weeks before they disappeared, I suppose TNS log them as never arriving at their end.
    The non R number items that I get are; Weekly issues of "Boxing News" (priced at £3.50 ), monthly "Nursing Management" and soon to arrive "Toyota This Way M3"!! Bit of a mixture there!!
    Happy posting!
    C x
    • meandmaboy
    • By meandmaboy 20th Sep 16, 11:42 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 647 Thanks
    meandmaboy
    Magazines
    Hi Cherie1122,
    In the "Check non R number items" section of your account, I take it there's a magazine(s) name listed in the "List of items I am going to receive" bit. As well as that, is there a picture of the issue that's supposed to be on its way to you, in the "images I should have received" bit, or is it a blank blue box?
    I've got 3 mag's in my list, one weekly, one monthly and I'm yet to receive the 1st issue of the third one. The first two were in the "going to receive" list for at least 7 or 8 weeks before the picture of the issue appeared in the blue box. For my magazines, the picture appears between 2 to 5 day's before they get here.
    It turned out that I never actually received the first issue of both magazines!! Their images remained in the "should have received" box for a good 5 weeks before they disappeared, I suppose TNS log them as never arriving at their end.
    The non R number items that I get are; Weekly issues of "Boxing News" (priced at £3.50 ), monthly "Nursing Management" and soon to arrive "Toyota This Way M3"!! Bit of a mixture there!!
    Happy posting!
    C x
    Originally posted by Clairabella78
    Hi,
    I've not received any mags since we've went to the 6 month rotation
    This morning rec'd large brown envelope with a foam cube in it strange or what ?
    Have had varied bag to post & few strange things in.
    • 8pumpkinpie8
    • By 8pumpkinpie8 20th Sep 16, 7:48 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 2,932 Thanks
    8pumpkinpie8
    Just went through mine and it's 3-4 items a week, with a cube every 2-3 weeks.

I receive around 10 items a week and every week they ask me to send SMARTS back to them.
    Comper and general cheapskate
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 20th Sep 16, 7:52 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 10,476 Thanks
    Money maker
    Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. I will give it a couple of weeks. If it does not improve, I will complain to TNS.

They should be adopting a standard for everyone by ensuring people are sending/receiving the same number of posts.

This may be your assumption but not theirs. Why should they be 'adopting a standard for everyone'? I would be cautious about upsetting the golden goose, unless of course you feel that the reward is insufficient.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • luckwudaveit
    • By luckwudaveit 20th Sep 16, 8:17 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    luckwudaveit
    Just went through mine and it's 3-4 items a week, with a cube every 2-3 weeks.

I receive around 10 items a week and every week they ask me to send SMARTS back to them.
    Originally posted by 8pumpkinpie8
    Roughly the same for me, although all my cubes have come in the same week.

As for non-R numbers, I receive one of these a week, but it took ages for the first one to arrive after appearing in my Daily Tasks. They've never included a SMART even though the TNS website says they should.
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 21st Sep 16, 7:44 AM
    • 2,064 Posts
    • 9,180 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    Hi,
    I've not received any mags since we've went to the 6 month rotation
    This morning rec'd large brown envelope with a foam cube in it strange or what ?
    Originally posted by meandmaboy
    Snap, I haven't received any magazines since the 6 month rotations started.
    Last week I received a large brown envelope with a foam cube, which confused me, guess it was the same panelist posting to both of us.
    • Luckwudaveit
    • By Luckwudaveit 21st Sep 16, 8:01 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Luckwudaveit
    One of the steps on the website is now a single click when recording posted items. Hopefully more are introduced as it feels a bit clumsy in places.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 21st Sep 16, 8:54 AM
    • 14,625 Posts
    • 9,010 Thanks
    molerat
    Last week I received a large brown envelope with a foam cube, which confused me, guess it was the same panelist posting to both of us.
    Originally posted by Baileys Babe
    Me too......................
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Hollie_
    • By Hollie_ 21st Sep 16, 12:41 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Hollie_
    Received a pack of Beatrix Potter presentation stamps yesterday.
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 21st Sep 16, 6:40 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    Non-R Number Items
    They've never included a SMART even though the TNS website says they should.
    Originally posted by luckwudaveit
    I've never had a SMART in all the no R number magazines I've received either. And I must admit that it gets more than a little frustrating when it asks me "Are you sure there's no SMART because this item should have one?" every time. The first few weeks i would be overturning every thing and be on the floor looking under the table in case I dropped it, until I decided to email TNS.
    They told me that they don't include SMART's in this particular non R number item (Boxing News) and that the "Is there a SMART?" question is a default question. I appreciate that, but the follow-up "are you sure because there should be?" question was the part I was referring to, it makes you think you're doing something wrong! Lol!
    C x
    • Clairabella78
    • By Clairabella78 21st Sep 16, 11:50 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Clairabella78
    Originally posted by meandmaboy
    Originally posted by Baileys Babe
    Me too......................
    Originally posted by molerat
    I sense a pattern forming here because funny enough, I too have had the envelopes with a square of polystyrene/foam inside!! Mostly medium white ones though. Every single one has been absolutely battered in transit, luckily for me, non have actually torn and "exposed" me but I think that's only because the paper inserts were glued to the envelopes (as some business panellists do) so the contents were sort of double wrapped!!
    I do wonder what the postie thinks is inside these envelopes.......and how many of them I need!!
    Happy posting peeps!!
    C x
    • shami
    • By shami 22nd Sep 16, 8:27 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    shami
    Re. foam in envelopes - I thought odd when I received one a couple of weeks ago. But then I have received same sort of thing to post too, i.e. foam in envelope rather than for a box....perhaps its something new or different TNS are trying out?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,300Users online

Martin's Twitter