Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    traceyalana
    breezeplus solicitors
    • 13th Aug 13, 8:02 PM
    breezeplus solicitors 13th Aug 13 at 8:02 PM
    With regards to Breezeplus Solicitors:
    Has anyone had a similar problem?? My ex husband has engaged the services of the above for a re mortgage to buy me out of the property we both own.
    All my legal documents were sent at the beginning of june this year and I had them signed by a solicitor and posted recorded delivery the day after I received them.
    Its now 13th August and 3wks over the completion date we were given with still no signs of a payout.
    I have made along with my ex husband numerous phone calls to these people to find out what the hold up is as Barclays who are providing my ex with the re mortgage informed him 3wks ago that everything was fine and good to go.
    We are getting stalling tactics, they are saying that Barclays have a new system in place and each time these tinpots present a certificate? to Barclays its getting rejected and their having to keep repeating the process?
    Not entirely convinced on this I rang Barclays head office and spoke to a re mortgage guy who informed me there was no new system, there was no problem with their system, and this was a straight forward process with no hold ups unless applications were missing info, which they weren.t.
    I rang Breezeplus and after getting through the monkeys with no legal experience and having to wait 20mins for said monkeys to answer I managed to speak to one of the case workers representing my ex to inform them that what they had relayed to him the previous night was a total load of crock and that Barclays were amazed and shocked by what I had asked them. I then felt no choice but to threaten to inform legal ombudsman unless they get this sorted pronto..
    I was also told by my ex that their service on re mortgage is costing him just short of £3000... seems steep to me..
    Are they a legit company? do they stall to get more money..
    Anyone with or has gone through similar I could do with your help.. Ive two little kiddies that had their hopes dashed of a holiday.. could do with some advice on what to do
    Many thanks
    Tracey
Page 1
    • dreamypuma
    • By dreamypuma 13th Aug 13, 9:25 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    dreamypuma
    • 13th Aug 13, 9:25 PM
    • 13th Aug 13, 9:25 PM
    Can't really help with your exact circumstances, however we had the misfortune of using Breezeplus for a re-mortgage. From my understanding, Breezeplus is a company used by big lenders when they provide free conveyancing as part of the mortgage. I certainly would not pay for their services out of choice.

I found them slow and had to chase consistently. A marked difference from using my own local solicitor.

They maybe ok for clean cut purchases for first time buyers, but I'd avoid for anything more complex. I get the impression they rely on a handful of trained solicitors fronted by inexperienced and disinterested call centre staff.
    My farts hospitalize small children
    • Goldiegirl
    • By Goldiegirl 13th Aug 13, 11:01 PM
    • 8,339 Posts
    • 47,621 Thanks
    Goldiegirl
    • 13th Aug 13, 11:01 PM
    • 13th Aug 13, 11:01 PM
    When I worked for a big lender, they used Breezeplus for remortgages.

I used to hate ringing them as it was such a nightmare to get through, and then you had to run the gauntlet of the call centre staff.

Once you could speak to an actual solicitor it was fine, but I think a lot of the work is done by poorly trained inexperienced staff.

But it's not the staff's fault that they don't get good training, so it's not fair to call them 'monkeys'
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Aug 13, 11:05 PM
    • 15,279 Posts
    • 11,097 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 13th Aug 13, 11:05 PM
    • 13th Aug 13, 11:05 PM
    Ask your ex why exactly he chose this company.
    • cookie365
    • By cookie365 14th Aug 13, 7:37 PM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 1,089 Thanks
    cookie365
    • 14th Aug 13, 7:37 PM
    • 14th Aug 13, 7:37 PM
    Ask to speak to the senior partner so that you can make a formal complaint. If that doesn't sort things out tell them you'll take things up with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
    http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

The SRA won't do anything unless you've gone through the solicitors own complaints procedure.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 14th Aug 13, 7:45 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,549 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 14th Aug 13, 7:45 PM
    • 14th Aug 13, 7:45 PM
    OP, it is quite important to understand exactly who has the contract with the solicitor.
    It is only them who can make the formal complaint.
    • Valli
    • By Valli 14th Aug 13, 8:18 PM
    • 20,041 Posts
    • 227,722 Thanks
    Valli
    • 14th Aug 13, 8:18 PM
    • 14th Aug 13, 8:18 PM
    OP If, as appears to be the case, it is your ex-husband who has engaged them, and not you they shouldn't even be discussing the issue with you at all! Moreover you cannot formally complain about their service.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 14th Aug 13, 9:01 PM
    • 13,020 Posts
    • 8,240 Thanks
    arcon5
    • 14th Aug 13, 9:01 PM
    • 14th Aug 13, 9:01 PM
    When I worked for a big lender, they used Breezeplus for remortgages.

I used to hate ringing them as it was such a nightmare to get through, and then you had to run the gauntlet of the call centre staff.

Once you could speak to an actual solicitor it was fine, but I think a lot of the work is done by poorly trained inexperienced staff.

But it's not the staff's fault that they don't get good training, so it's not fair to call them 'monkeys'
    Originally posted by Goldiegirl
    To be fair ops referring to the collective bunch of lower level representatives, not attacking the individuals on a personal level. I think Yodel workers are all a bunch of monkeys, but i'm sure individually they are probably hard working people with much to give, just held back by the poor procedures in place and management.
  • Vayalad
    • 3rd Jul 15, 6:33 PM
    Worst organisation ever
    • 3rd Jul 15, 6:33 PM
    Absolute bunch of incompetent nincompoops. Multiple phone calls, faxes, written letters (because they avoid email contact) failed to resolve an issue created because of an error on their part- they put a freehold property down as a leasehold. Left me out of pocket by delaying a remortgage and the issue is still not resolved. They never keep a promise to call-back by close of play. Avoid if you can.
  • orchardgirl
    Breexeplus solicitors
    I can see from the comments on this forum that Breezeplus are anything but Breezy, I have had no problem with the Nationwide or any other building society but this bunch of people are useless. We have a straightforward remortgage and they do not reply, take ages to get through to them and generally dont seem to know what they are doing. I would not recommend them at all. Better to get a local solicitor and pay a bit more.
    • colinblue
    • By colinblue 16th Jan 17, 4:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    colinblue
    I agree they are a nightmare. Phone constantly engaged, never respond to emails. I managed to get through today to find out that the previous person I had spoken to, a week ago, had not forwarded on the necessary information to the case officer to complete my remortgage. Avoid if you can.
    • oo9588
    • By oo9588 27th Apr 17, 12:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    oo9588
    Breezeplus+ Legal Solutions are totally useless. Please DON'T use them. I can't get hold of my case handler on the phone, their useless website wouldn't allow me to send an email. Very very poor service. I don't understand why Barclays decide to use such a poor poor legal firm. Terrible!!. I don't normally leave reviews but I was compelled by this terrible company to signed up to this site to warn you all. SOO ANGRY!!
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 27th Apr 17, 1:12 PM
    • 2,754 Posts
    • 6,167 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Wow this thread certainly knows how to attract new users!
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • hutchkitch
    • By hutchkitch 27th May 17, 9:38 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    hutchkitch
    We started the remortgage process with TSB in February this year, we eventually completed in May, the cause for the delay was the fault of Breezeplus.

In my experience they're simply the worst company I have ever had the pleasure in dealing with.

The first completion date we had set was missed by Breezeplus and it took me a month before I got ANY information about what caused the delay.

When I called them I would easily be sat for 1.5 hours + and you need to be prepared for them to hang up on you - as they seem to do this quite frequently - which is incredibly stressful...

When you are lucky enough to speak to someone I felt they had no idea what they were talking about and it was nigh on impossible to speak to the solicitor who is dealing with your case.

I called TSB to complain and they told me it's not their problem as we hadn't completed yet. I told them it most certainly was their problem as the first proper dealings I had with them was via Breezeplus and they were giving us the worst possible introduction into to the Bank...

TSB did tell me they received many complaints about Breezeplus... which makes me wonder why they continue to use them - I can assume they must be very cheap....

After many MANY stressful hours sat on the phone to both Breezeplus and TSB I had all but given up - no one would give me any information about the progress of our remortgage and I didn't know what else I could do...

Then I checked on their website and found the names of all their directors and I emailed ALL of them with an email complaining about the disgusting service and lack of any updates and communications.

The same day Murray Fraser (Solicitor and Operations Director) got back to me and we completed a week later.

So if you are stuck trying to get an answer from Breezeplus you can email him direct:

murray.fraser@breezeplus.co.uk

If you are debating whether you should use them - just don't. And if your bank is giving your case to them to manage tell them to assign you to a different solicitors because Breezeplus will make your life hell and it is not worth it.
    Last edited by hutchkitch; 27-05-2017 at 9:54 AM.
    • Breezed
    • By Breezed 27th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Breezed
    Good Advice
    I'm can empathise with your torture. I have just completed a simple remortgage with Breezeplus my experience was exactly the same as yours. After hours wasted on the phone and two whole days dedicated to getting it done I finally got things sorted by getting the direct phone number of one of the managing directors.
    • Breezed
    • By Breezed 27th Jun 17, 11:34 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Breezed
    Getting away with it for years ..
    Hi Guys
    This thread goes back to 2013 and nearly every person has suffered because of the in/action of Breezeplus or Breeze & Wyles de facto the same company.

Before you accept any solicitor appointed 'free' by your lender have a quick google. I didn't because I trusted Natiowide, they are a building society... More fool me. A quick look on google shows a Trust Pilot score of 0.8/10 (no that is not a mistake with the decimal point.) There are pages and pages of people expressing their utter frustration at the incompetence of Breezeplus (I actually did start to think they're taking the Micky with the name).

Then you could turn to twitter where there is another load of complaints.

I have also complained to Nationwide, but having read all the posts I am even more disappointed in them, they have been using them for at least the last 4 years despite all the complaints. Originally I though blame just lay With BZ+ but the fact that NW have been using them for ages disgusts me, they are a Building Society!!! Who can you trust - No One.

I have not put the full details of my case on here as I have given BZ+ until Friday to make ammends.

If they don't I will of course complain to the 3/4 regulatory bodies. But obviously that's not worked for the last 4 years. I was thinking of setting up a support / compensation group for customers who have been shafted by BZ+ Whilst also raising the profile of this evident money making virtual scam. They try and stick a couple of hundred pounds on most people's bills knowing they'll pay when the day of completion finally arrives. That's just a guess they tried to sting me for £80, I know it's not much but if you do it to nearly every customers that equals some big fat money grabbing solicitors.

They've got till Friday to make things good with me or I will ensure their actions and the actions of the lenders who use their so called con-veyancing are brought to the attention of as many of the general public as possible. We've got social media, forums like this, financial print journalism, radio programmes like Moneybox, TV shows like Martin's. The list goes on ... and on. Ripping off customers, treating them with contempt, costing people an awful lot of money in delays. They just don't care... In my opinion they should be shut down, but we'll see...#Breezeplus !
    • Breezed
    • By Breezed 8th Jul 17, 6:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Breezed
    It's all MY fault - Breeze blames customers
    After suffering the agony that is dealing with Breezeplus / B&W I complained to them formally. I got what I expected basically F**k Off. Rather than apologise, offer even a token gesture or admit that they did anything wrong they said all the problems were MY FAULT.

If they did their job properly there would not be hundreds of complaints on the internet.

They are such a bunch of arrogant contemptuous fools, rather than admitting they are having problems, saying sorry and offering a £20 Shopping voucher, they have decided to blame everything on me. I didn't send x,y,z by this date and that. It's falsehood heaped on lies seasoned with incompetence.

This is where most people give up and just put it down to experience. Well I'll certainly check services offered to me, even by a reputable company such as Nationwide more closely.

However they couldn't even say sorry and in fact their response to my complaint was sneering and demonstrated a very unique view of customer service. Therefore I am going to complain to all the regulatory bodies, make the public as fully aware as I can of their practises and pathetic practice. Also as a member/owner of Nationwide (it's still a building society) do everything possible to dissociate Nationwide from such unprofessional people such as BZ+ / B&W.

Breeze - You gamble that people will just let off steam on forums like this. I however am more public spirited and am going to use all the regularly pathways and media outlets necessary to prevent you causing hardworking members of the public having their lives made hell by yourselves whilst costing them money, some just wasted the rest lining your pockets,

You couldn't even apologise to me in response to my complaint, but it's time someone made you sorry!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

710Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin