Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    The Cre8tor
    Crafty Bargain of the Day!
    • 9th Aug 13, 4:43 PM
    Crafty Bargain of the Day! 9th Aug 13 at 4:43 PM
    I've checked all the threads in our lovely new crafting forum and didn't find a thread which I could post this, so thought if I made a thread, perhaps we could all share the bargains we've come across, not just to share the joy but also pass on the details of where to buy the item in case the rest of us crafty folks were interested.

We maybe could share details of Sales; Special Offers; Gifts on magazines; Money off vouchers for craft stores; etc., or little bargains we've come across which might just be of use to someone else in their crafting.

I've just come home with a bargain which I'm filled with joy bubbles about, - so thought I'd share it in case anyone else might be interested in these too.

I dropped in to my local Store 21 and noticed some 'stickable gems' hanging on a display rack. When I checked them out I saw that they were meant to be for children to craft with, decorate their school books, or even stick on their bodies. There was no price on them so I checked with the lady on the till and to my surprise they were just 50p a pack.

Being a newbie I sadly can't post a photograph of the packs I bought (wish I could) - so I'll try to describe them as best as possible:

They aren't 'loose' gems, they're all affixed to a strip of tape which you can peel off and then stick onto paper, card, or whatever your project is.

They had different 'patterns'. Some were arranged in a scallop shape; some were a scroll shape. Others were small, laid on their sides 'S' shapes and there were a couple of other patterns too.

They're in a long see through packet with the gems all stuck to their tape, which is stuck on acetate (for easy removal), with a strip of black paper behind them so that you can clearly see the gems and the pattern that they're arranged in.

They're called: 'Krystal Art'.

In length each gem strip is just under 12" - so they'd work brilliantly on 12 x 12 papers for scrapbooking. But you could cut them down to whatever size you need for your project.

They're available in purple, lavender, pink, blue and clear gems.

At only 50p a pack they're an absolute bargain! They're worth a look at if you like to use gems in your card making, scrapbooking or any other crafting.
    Last edited by The Cre8tor; 10-08-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: editted because I'm a numbskull and missed out a word which made a sentence total nonsense!
Page 6
    • Battybird
    • By Battybird 22nd Dec 17, 2:04 PM
    • 284 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    Battybird
    The Range have lots of craft reduced. I bought half price dies and embossing folders. I didn't look properly at the other stock (as I'm addicted to dies!) but I think some stock was reduced to 10p.

If anyone visits the Southport store, some of the stock is on the end of the craft aisles but there's also lots of craft stock near the Christmas decorations.
    • nimbo
    • By nimbo 13th Jan 18, 10:07 PM
    • 3,253 Posts
    • 8,902 Thanks
    nimbo
    I was gutted I didnít manage to find any in my local store. It did however mean I managed to not spend. Hehe

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

579Posts Today

5,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Always fun to speak to @ChrisEvans on radio - at the speed we both go - we could do an hours's show in 15minutes.

• RT @benpostma: After watching @MartinSLewis I took my faulty trainers back to where I bought them from, with no receipt just a screen shot?

• RT @Louloubell1980: @MartinSLewis My little 3yr old and his Auntie on Christmas Eve....4 days after she donated her Kidney to him x https:/?

• Follow Martin