Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 4th Aug 13, 9:30 PM
    • 1,154Posts
    • 461Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)
    • 4th Aug 13, 9:30 PM
    Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD) 4th Aug 13 at 9:30 PM
    Hello and welcome!

This is a post that contains the hottest sim only deals right now. It also contains a link to a spreadsheet with a full list of every networks best sim only deals with cashback rates updated every week. This is a great way to compare Sim Only deals between providers and get the best bang for buck.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NEW WEBSITE AND SIM ONLY DEALS

The website can be bookmarked and viewed from any device at any time. The spreadsheet has tabs at the bottom of the page for different types of deals, there is also an FAQ page. Please read it (FAQ also on second post of this thread)

Visit the HUKD thread for more:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/best-sim-only-deals-megathread-1623625

Apologies for any mistakes in the above post.

On August 4th 2013 i created a thread on HUKD and MSE that compiled a list of the best sim only deals in the UK from major and minor networks. The deal was received well on HUKD with over 65,000 views and 5,000 degrees of heat within the first 24 hours. One month on the thread has been viewed over 100,000 times

The thread was a continuation of HUKD member QyestionMarks sim only thread which he had started 18 months earlier and closed down at the end of June. He was happy for me to take over and create my own take on an ultimate sim only guide. This led to the creation of the ultimate sim only deal spreadsheet which a lot of you will have seen by now. Maybe even used.

The goal of the spreadsheet is to create a concise and up to date guide with all sim only deals from major and minor networks. The first page deals with 2G and 3G deals. It also filters in cashback into the deals, shows the best rates for international calls, includes a selection of recommended apps to save money and it has 2 honourable mentions of pay as you go deals that may be useful to those who don't want a sim only or who are low users.

My goal is to create an ultimate sim only guide that is maintained and up to data at all times and that anyone can open and view on any device at any time.

Please view the 2G/3G Sim Only deals here-
    CLICK HERE FOR SIM ONLY TARIFFS

Are you ready for 4G?
    Starting from September i've updated the sim only deals spreadsheet to include 4G Sim Only tariffs from EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three.

At the moment Vodafone offer the best 4G tariffs due to cashback of over £130 from both Quidco and TCB. Three offer the best 4G deals for data but their 4G network won't launch until December. The page also contains a handy FAQ as well as a section on 4G handsets and why 4G won't work on the iPhone 5 on O2 and Vodafone.

Feel free to have a look through the 4G Ready Sim Only deals section below-
    CLICK HERE FOR 4G SIM ONLY TARIFFS

And now i've included the best data sim only deals. This is a list of all networks that provide data sims for your Dongle, Mi-Fi or iPad/Tablet. This is very useful for those who need data on the go in the form of mobile broadband and already have a mobile broadband device.

The deals include some little known deals from Ovivo and Samba who provide a virtually free data service.

Feel free to have a look through the Data Sim Only deals section below-
    CLICK HERE FOR DATA SIM ONLY TARIFFS

Written 05/09/2013
    Last edited by ZhugeEX; 03-10-2015 at 8:33 PM. Reason: 1
Page 33
    • mchale
    • By mchale 3rd Dec 17, 6:15 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    mchale
    http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 6th Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 13,329 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Iím new at this, please excuse me if I get it all wrong. My wife and I changed to ID Sim only deal as it saved more than half what we were paying, but more importantly gave the ĎTake your package to the USA, use your phone as if you were still in the UKí because we knew a holiday to the USA was coming up. In Memphis Tennessee now, canít use our phones as it seems we get roaming charges, canít contact ID because it would probably be to expensive to phone with waiting times, no live chat and no email address. Anyone got any suggestions??
    Originally posted by DelboyMk2
    Im sure it works great for you but please leave ID if you start to have problems, their non UK based helpline is run by "Cowboys"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5749828
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Cookiepops
    • By Cookiepops 14th Dec 17, 10:06 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    Cookiepops
    Can anyone please help me as I have read through the guide and find it all so confusing. My contract with EE is up on 11 Jan. I am happy with my phone and want to keep it so I want to move to a SIM only deal. Im only a light user (1gb data allowance on current contract) so a couple of the latest deals Ive seen would be perfect for me. However, what i dont understand is if any of these deals is still on the EE network, does that mean i cannot apply for it? I don't think I need the PAC code if Im on the same network?

Thanks
    Cookiepops
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,225Posts Today

6,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin