Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 4th Aug 13, 9:30 PM
    • 1,154Posts
    • 461Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)
    • 4th Aug 13, 9:30 PM
    Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD) 4th Aug 13 at 9:30 PM
    Hello and welcome!

This is a post that contains the hottest sim only deals right now. It also contains a link to a spreadsheet with a full list of every networks best sim only deals with cashback rates updated every week. This is a great way to compare Sim Only deals between providers and get the best bang for buck.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NEW WEBSITE AND SIM ONLY DEALS

The website can be bookmarked and viewed from any device at any time. The spreadsheet has tabs at the bottom of the page for different types of deals, there is also an FAQ page. Please read it (FAQ also on second post of this thread)

Visit the HUKD thread for more:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/best-sim-only-deals-megathread-1623625

Apologies for any mistakes in the above post.

On August 4th 2013 i created a thread on HUKD and MSE that compiled a list of the best sim only deals in the UK from major and minor networks. The deal was received well on HUKD with over 65,000 views and 5,000 degrees of heat within the first 24 hours. One month on the thread has been viewed over 100,000 times

The thread was a continuation of HUKD member QyestionMarks sim only thread which he had started 18 months earlier and closed down at the end of June. He was happy for me to take over and create my own take on an ultimate sim only guide. This led to the creation of the ultimate sim only deal spreadsheet which a lot of you will have seen by now. Maybe even used.

The goal of the spreadsheet is to create a concise and up to date guide with all sim only deals from major and minor networks. The first page deals with 2G and 3G deals. It also filters in cashback into the deals, shows the best rates for international calls, includes a selection of recommended apps to save money and it has 2 honourable mentions of pay as you go deals that may be useful to those who don't want a sim only or who are low users.

My goal is to create an ultimate sim only guide that is maintained and up to data at all times and that anyone can open and view on any device at any time.

Please view the 2G/3G Sim Only deals here-
    CLICK HERE FOR SIM ONLY TARIFFS

Are you ready for 4G?
    Starting from September i've updated the sim only deals spreadsheet to include 4G Sim Only tariffs from EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three.

At the moment Vodafone offer the best 4G tariffs due to cashback of over £130 from both Quidco and TCB. Three offer the best 4G deals for data but their 4G network won't launch until December. The page also contains a handy FAQ as well as a section on 4G handsets and why 4G won't work on the iPhone 5 on O2 and Vodafone.

Feel free to have a look through the 4G Ready Sim Only deals section below-
    CLICK HERE FOR 4G SIM ONLY TARIFFS

And now i've included the best data sim only deals. This is a list of all networks that provide data sims for your Dongle, Mi-Fi or iPad/Tablet. This is very useful for those who need data on the go in the form of mobile broadband and already have a mobile broadband device.

The deals include some little known deals from Ovivo and Samba who provide a virtually free data service.

Feel free to have a look through the Data Sim Only deals section below-
    CLICK HERE FOR DATA SIM ONLY TARIFFS

Written 05/09/2013
    Last edited by ZhugeEX; 03-10-2015 at 8:33 PM. Reason: 1
Page 27
    • AG47
    • By AG47 16th Mar 17, 12:31 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    AG47
    What is the best non contract payg sim only deal?

Which gives the most data and calls for free every time you top up?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
    • AG47
    • By AG47 16th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    AG47
    What is the best non contract payg sim only deal?

Which gives the most data and calls for free every time you top up?
    Originally posted by AG47
    Failing the best payg option I quite like the look of this one....

Using Three's signal, iD Mobile* comes top for low-users. This is a good deal if you don't need masses of data or minutes and it's 4G.

This one costs £5/mth and comes with 250 minutes, 5,000 texts and 1.5GB of 4G data. It's a one-month 'ShockProof' contract, meaning you can limit your bill to no more than £5 over the tariff price. If you choose a 'GoTo' contract it'll let you rollover any unused data to next month.

Need-to-knows
    One-month contract.
    Runs off the Three network.
    If you exceed your allowance, it's 10.24p/MB for data, 40p/min for calls to UK mobiles or landlines and 14p per text.
    Tethering isn't allowed with this network.
    You'll be credit-checked – see our Credit Scores guide.
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 18th Mar 17, 1:27 PM
    • 7,508 Posts
    • 1,733 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Three are currently offering a 4G SIM only deal (on 12 month contract) - unlimited txt, unlimited calls, 4Gb data for £9 per month - can this be beaten ?
    The "normal" price is £17
    Last edited by 50Twuncle; 18-03-2017 at 1:32 PM.
    • AG47
    • By AG47 18th Mar 17, 3:37 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    AG47
    Three are currently offering a 4G SIM only deal (on 12 month contract) - unlimited txt, unlimited calls, 4Gb data for £9 per month - can this be beaten ?
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    Thats great have you got a lik please?
    • derrick
    • By derrick 18th Mar 17, 3:53 PM
    • 6,880 Posts
    • 2,243 Thanks
    derrick
    Thats great have you got a lik please?

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/SIM-size-select?step=confirmplan&planid=1400628891038&

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 18th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 2,673 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    trinidadone
    This sounds very god if you are a heavy user. It depends on your usage to be honest
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • AG47
    • By AG47 19th Mar 17, 6:05 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    AG47
    This sounds very god if you are a heavy user. It depends on your usage to be honest
    Originally posted by trinidadone
    Yes I'm a very light user, which is why I can't decide between payg and one of the cheaper prepaid sim only deals.

There are lots of good deals payg where you get free mins and megabyte everytime you top up,

Are there any comparison sites comparing offers for payg sim only deals?
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 19th Mar 17, 9:04 PM
    • 2,673 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    trinidadone
    Yes I'm a very light user, which is why I can't decide between payg and one of the cheaper prepaid sim only deals.

There are lots of good deals payg where you get free mins and megabyte everytime you top up,

Are there any comparison sites comparing offers for payg sim only deals?
    how much minutes / data and texts do you use per month? once you have that figure, your onto a winner. The three offer is only available for a few days more
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • Scrounger
    • By Scrounger 20th Mar 17, 8:22 PM
    • 692 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    Scrounger
    Yes: 4G SIM only, Unlimited calls, Unlimited texts, 7Gb data for £4.50 per month (by redemption) -

Further details on Hot UK Deals.

Scrounger
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 21st Mar 17, 11:36 AM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 943 Thanks
    Cotta
    o2 just offered me £12 per month on a sim only deal, this includes unlimited texts, calls and 5 GB of data. Is this a good deal or can I do better?
    • Scrounger
    • By Scrounger 21st Mar 17, 4:43 PM
    • 692 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    Scrounger
    o2 just offered me £12 per month on a sim only deal, this includes unlimited texts, calls and 5 GB of data. Is this a good deal or can I do better?
    Originally posted by Cotta
    It is a good deal - but see post #529
    if you can manage 5 redemptions that is a better deal.

Scrounger
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 22nd Mar 17, 12:49 PM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 943 Thanks
    Cotta
    It is a good deal - but see post #529
    if you can manage 5 redemptions that is a better deal.

Scrounger
    Originally posted by Scrounger

I don't understand the redemption angle? Also where I live, o2 are the only company that can provide full reception.
    • d123
    • By d123 22nd Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 6,278 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    d123
    I don't understand the redemption angle? Also where I live, o2 are the only company that can provide full reception.
    Originally posted by Cotta
    You pay £16.99 a month and get £29.99 back at each redemption date. Over the year it will work out you've paid £4.50 a month.

If you only get o2 service why are you even worrying about a deal on EE?
    Dave
    ====
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 22nd Mar 17, 2:48 PM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 943 Thanks
    Cotta
    You pay £16.99 a month and get £29.99 back at each redemption date. Over the year it will work out you've paid £4.50 a month.

If you only get o2 service why are you even worrying about a deal on EE?
    Originally posted by d123
    I'm just double checking that I have not missed anything obvious.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 22nd Mar 17, 5:12 PM
    • 7,325 Posts
    • 2,246 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Er.. you get nothing back at each redemption window unless you know what you're doing and follow the groundrules. All my contracts (apart from one free one) have been cashback deals but the money doesn't magically appear and I've had to enforce through the courts a handful of times. Then of course I lost a little when dealers went bust before the cashback was due on those contracts. Generally I make a reasonable profit on each contract, the bundles and phones are free and the minor losses (I mitigated when they happened) are drops in the ocean in the overall amount I've made. Nonetheless, you have to understand how they work and make sure you get your money - though that is never absolutely guaranteed.
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 22-03-2017 at 5:15 PM.
    • kungfuman
    • By kungfuman 7th Apr 17, 7:49 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kungfuman
    looking to move to EE as there is no signal at my new workplace with three.

Anyone know of any decent sim only offers going on with EE? I know CPW were recently doing a £100 currys voucher on the £20pm - 12gb data unlimited calls/text plan but I seemed to have missed that.
    • Londonlisa12
    • By Londonlisa12 10th Apr 17, 7:46 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Londonlisa12
    Currently paying £30 per month with EE but contract up in a month .I want to go sim only what type of deal are retention so likely to give me after I request to leave?
    I only want 3 or 4gb of data and minimum minutes and texts 200 of each would be fine.
    • DzF
    • By DzF 26th Apr 17, 7:25 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DzF
    looking to move to EE as there is no signal at my new workplace with three.

Anyone know of any decent sim only offers going on with EE? I know CPW were recently doing a £100 currys voucher on the £20pm - 12gb data unlimited calls/text plan but I seemed to have missed that.
    Originally posted by kungfuman
    MSE have done a deal with Plusnet Mobile (who use the EE network) and it's £10/mth for 1500 mins/Unlimited texts/5GB 4G Data.
    • derrick
    • By derrick 1st May 17, 4:13 PM
    • 6,880 Posts
    • 2,243 Thanks
    derrick
    joi sim do a liberty deal for £19.99 unlimited calls & texts and 4gb of data should do the trick. Check though my money saving site
    Originally posted by tyrelle
    i love a good sim only contract! Saves all the phone stress and extra charges, you guys should take a look at job sim on mrtyrellebrown.acnshop.eu great if you make a lot of calls
    Originally posted by tyrelle

spam!!!

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• redfox
    • By redfox 1st May 17, 5:05 PM
    • 11,873 Posts
    • 34,344 Thanks
    redfox
    self promotion is not permitted on MSE. The posts above by tyrelle are spam so please press the button on those posts.

Thanks
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,010Posts Today

6,713Users online

Martin's Twitter