Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    NotYourStar
    Britannia Parking Notice: Confused, ignore or POPLA?
    • 1st Aug 13, 11:56 PM
    Britannia Parking Notice: Confused, ignore or POPLA? 1st Aug 13 at 11:56 PM
    Hi all,

This evening I received a PCN from Brittania Parking, for being "parked in a restricted area". I was parked in a car park, not within a marked bay, but not on any lines that signified parking was not allowed and not blocking any entrances or exits or any other cars. No payment was needed as I had registered my details with the bingo hall my friends and I were at.
    I'm just writing this as I'm a little confused. I've had a PCN in the past from another company and ignored it thanks to advice here, and they did eventually leave me alone. Problem is, I've been reading about this new thing that's come in in October 2012 about Popla appeals and I'm not sure what to do? Do I ignore or do I appeal?

Technically, I was in the wrong as I wasn't in a marked bay....but my car fit in the space without blocking anything or getting in the way of anybody, so I was causing no harm by being parked there. There were no markings on the ground stating parking wasn't allowed there.

Anyone have any advice please? I'm useless at appealing against anything and getting a little worried
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,607Users online

Martin's Twitter