Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 545
    • Disneyfan1
    • By Disneyfan1 15th Nov 17, 9:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Disneyfan1
    Thank you.

I hae never used MCOL before and looking throught the guidence notes it all seems a bit daunting, plus its £70 for the risk of receiving nothing. I have no legal background so I'm worried it might be a waste of time. Has anyone had any suceess with AA through MCOL.

Can I still use MCOL even though AA are an Amerian company?

Thanks Andrea xx
    • Kjcdkc
    • By Kjcdkc 18th Nov 17, 9:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kjcdkc
    Dear Martin

Can you help
    I was on a flight from London Heathrow to Auckland
    The plan developed a problem unknown to any one on board
    Stopped to refuel in LAX and Chang crew

Was a 105 minute stop

However the new pilots refused to fly the plain and stated that their was a serious problem with the plain

The plain took off in the end 22 hours later

I have contacted air newzeland referring to the EEC compensation scheme
    They have come back to say that as the delay was n a different flight from LAX to Auckland it was not covered by the ruling

I replied with a copy of my ticket that states London to Auckland total flight time 24 hours.

And my cases went on the plain in London and never came off until Auckland. Also I was in the same seat for the whole trip.

I sent this off again to Air Newzeland and again they came back to me saying that it was a separate flight and their for dose not qualify for the compensation as the problem was in LAX.

Can any one help me on this ? Or is Air Newzeland correct?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 18th Nov 17, 10:32 AM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Kjcdkc,

I believe that there is a en-route scheduled fuel stop at LAX but that it is a through flight, all on one ticket. In which case you are being fobbed off.

See what the on-line delay calculators say about your flight at Bott's etc.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 18th Nov 17, 11:45 AM
    • 4,712 Posts
    • 2,087 Thanks
    Vauban
    Hi Kjcdkc,

I believe that there is a en-route scheduled fuel stop at LAX but that it is a through flight, all on one ticket. In which case you are being fobbed off.

See what the on-line delay calculators say about your flight at Bott's etc.

Good luck.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    This is right - I've flown on it. Passengers disembark during the refuelling (in fact, oddly, you have to leave the airport and re-check in: even though the bags remain on the plane). But the new Court of Appeal ruling removes all doubt about compensation during connecting flights, and ANZ should know this very well. See here for more details:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/10/passengers-due-compensation-for-delayed-connecting-flights/

Read my guide for what to do next. You may have to take them to court.
    • makintracks
    • By makintracks 20th Nov 17, 1:07 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    makintracks
    Dear All...can someone help?

So this past weekend our Ryanair flight from Murcia to Leeds was delayed by over 7 hours. The plane had a technical fault although this was not explained further, so we should all be due 400 Euros compensation.

I believe Ryanair is trying to make it impossible to claim for this because the live chat agent sent me to an online form that simply does not allow me to choose options that fit the circumstances. I then made a call to the 033 number and was told to send an email and the lady gave me an email address to send all the relevant information to.

No sooner had I sent the email or an automated response arrives telling me to either use live chat....now mysteriously unavailable or complete the same online form that did not work for me before.

So I tried to call the same number from their website again and now a BT message says that the number is not recognised. All too strange I think. How on earth do you get a claim in? Is it possible to do it by mail? I am going around in circles with this horrid little airline?
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 20th Nov 17, 2:13 PM
    • 1,536 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    Plenty of people have succeeded by using the online form.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Nov 17, 2:54 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Try the Ryanair thread, you will see all the obstacles RA will put in your way for a valid claim. Good notes from Dr Watson will help your journey, which will probably be long.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • ksahota93
    • By ksahota93 28th Nov 17, 7:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ksahota93
    Hi all, just wanted to understand where I stand with the trip I just completed.

I flew from London to Amritsar in India with Qatar Airways with a connection in Doha. I booked through Expedia
    Initially we were supposed to have a 1 hour 55 minute layover, this was changed to 50 minutes, less than 24 hours before we were due to fly out. Our flight than arrived around 10-15 minutes late to Doha and subsequently they had closed boarding for our connection as we landed, suspiciously we were met straight away by Qatar staff as we left the aircraft to inform us of this with a hotel voucher and boarding pass for the next flight in hand, almost as if they knew we woulnt be able to make our connection, given we were not late by a huge time frame and the where around 20 passengers in the same boat as us. So, 24 hours delayed in Doha.
    Next day, got onto our flight to Amritsar and as we where 10 minutes away we were diverted to Delhi due to Fog, made to sit on the plane for 2 hours on the tarmac because they somehow thought the fog might disappear at 2AM, given the weather in Amritsar the few weeks leading up to this, fog wouldnt havent been a surprise and even in Doha when the gentleman gave us the boarding pass and insured us we will be on this flight said it is weather pending. So 2 hours on the plane, 2 hours sat in a room in the airport and a further 2 hours sat in arrivals they managed to get us a hotel, was informed we will receive a call at 9am informing us of our flight time, this didnt happen, to be honest all we was told was lies by Qatar staff in Delhi. We ended up getting the flight at 5pm, meaning we where delayed by 15 or so hours in Delhi. Thats a total of 24 hours in Qatar and 15 hours in Delhi meaning a total delay of around 40 hours.
    Sorry for the long winded post, anyone know if i can do anything regarding this? I know the is not much that can be done about fog but given they didnt cut our layover initially by so much, we would have made it to our destination on time or even if they let us board that flight, but it seemed they had already made their minds up before we landed that we wont make it. Overall the Qatar flight staff are great, their ground staff are appalling, we were told lie after lie in Delhi, Im actually quite shocked by them.

Thanks all
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 28th Nov 17, 7:31 PM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    whether there is any compensation due will depend on the reason for the 10-15 minute delayed arrival in Doha that caused the missed connection and whether this was within the control of the airline.
    • ksahota93
    • By ksahota93 28th Nov 17, 7:42 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ksahota93
    Hi Caz3121,

"Unfortunately, there was nothing we could do to avoid the delay, which was due to a combination of factors which involved Air Traffic Services restrictions and flight conditions enroute. The airline industry and its operations are notoriously affected by multiple uncontrollable factors and for this reason timings are not guaranteed."

Thats what Qatar have said
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Nov 17, 9:45 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Why did the layover change from nearly 2 hours to 50 minutes?
    Was the initial flight put back, or the connecting flight brought forward by an hour?

• ksahota93
    • By ksahota93 28th Nov 17, 10:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ksahota93
    Why did the layover change from nearly 2 hours to 50 minutes?
    Was the initial flight put back, or the connecting flight brought forward by an hour?
    Originally posted by JPears
    The connecting flight was brought forward, they didnt give a reason why but I assume it was because of fog, my return flight from Amritsar to Doha was also put back by 1 hour
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 29th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Tyzap
    The connecting flight was brought forward, they didnt give a reason why but I assume it was because of fog, my return flight from Amritsar to Doha was also put back by 1 hour
    Originally posted by ksahota93
    It will probably be to do with the political situation between Qatar and UAE/Saudi Arabia etc, who withdrew overflight rights for Qatari aircraft. The result is they now have to fly around some airspace resulting in longer flight time.

It also happened to me last week. We just made a 1hr connection at Doha. Short connection times are normal there and are usually well organised.
    • ksahota93
    • By ksahota93 29th Nov 17, 6:25 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ksahota93
    It will probably be to do with the political situation between Qatar and UAE/Saudi Arabia etc, who withdrew overflight rights for Qatari aircraft. The result is they now have to fly around some airspace resulting in longer flight time.

It also happened to me last week. We just made a 1hr connection at Doha. Short connection times are normal there and are usually well organised.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    Do you think I can claim anything with my situation? Given I was delayed for close to 40 hours
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 29th Nov 17, 6:40 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Try putting your flight details into Bott online and see what they say
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 29th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    • 4,712 Posts
    • 2,087 Thanks
    Vauban
    Do you think I can claim anything with my situation? Given I was delayed for close to 40 hours
    Originally posted by ksahota93
    As others have said, it depends on the reasons for the initial delay. The second delay seems weather related. But irrelevant if already 24 hours late.
    • summerishere11
    • By summerishere11 12th Dec 17, 8:39 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    summerishere11
    Hi.

I just wanted to post an update on my case. I sent Iberia a NBA letter and this morning received Ä2000 euros into my account. A great Christmas present indeed. Thank you for the advise given here.

Merry Christmas
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Dec 17, 9:26 AM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Well done Summerishere11

Thats great news, you must be a happy bunny today after so much perseverance on your behalf. Glad it all worked out in the end.

Now you really can have a Merry Christmas
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Dec 17, 9:45 AM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done you. Enjoy. Nice to see an airline see sense when they get the NBA.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,533Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter