Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 526
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 9th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    • 3,637 Posts
    • 1,478 Thanks
    111KAB
    Hello - Hoping someone can help. Alitalia agreed to pay 400 Euros for 5 people for a delayed flight back in Oct 2012, however, after providing my bank account details to them around 2 months ago (via Resolver) I haven't heard anything from them. I have emailed, called and even tweeted but nothing! I have escalated to CAA and Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile but both have said they cannot help. Any ideas as to what I can do to speak to someone and have they money paid? Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by sara_d

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39780604
    • lchappell
    • By lchappell 10th Jul 17, 5:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lchappell
    rejected for claim - where next
    Hi, I had a flight back from Perugia in Italy last year. It got delayed by 4 hours, due to the incoming flight being hit by lightening, so we had to wait for another plane to be sent over. My claim the other day got rejected by ryanair today.

The reason I made a claim, was that I saw Martin mention on TV, that you can make a claim on your flight not being made available at the time it should of. The fact the incoming flight that got hit wasn't my flight, but would have been my plane for the next flight, isn't our problem as such. and that there was no replacement plane available, causing the delay.

I'm unsure what steps to take next and if I'm correct in my assumption.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 10th Jul 17, 5:22 PM
    • 10,810 Posts
    • 7,043 Thanks
    Caz3121
    what was your flight number and date?
    • lchappell
    • By lchappell 10th Jul 17, 5:25 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lchappell
    Flight number: FR4953
    Departure airport: Perugia Airport, PEG
    Scheduled departure time: Mon 15/02/16 11:45
    Arrival airport: London Stansted International Airport, STN
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 10th Jul 17, 6:31 PM
    • 1,445 Posts
    • 976 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    Flight number: FR4953
    Departure airport: Perugia Airport, PEG
    Scheduled departure time: Mon 15/02/16 11:45
    Arrival airport: London Stansted International Airport, STN
    Originally posted by lchappell

It looks like it wasn't delayed by 3 hours (according to 2 ambulance chasing companies) so no claim.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 10th Jul 17, 6:56 PM
    • 10,810 Posts
    • 7,043 Thanks
    Caz3121
    It is not the departure delay but the arrival delay that counts
    scheduled time of arrival v's actual time of arrival. Often airlines factor in some buffer into the timetable and can make up time in-flight so delays reduce
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    EuClaim say there is compensation due €250 per passenger try bottonline and see what they say.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 10th Jul 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,445 Posts
    • 976 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    EuClaim say there is compensation due €250 per passenger try bottonline and see what they say.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    It's telling me

Your flight had an arrival delay of less than three hours. To be entitled to compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 your arrival delay must be three hours or more.

With a delay of more than two hours, the airline must provide you with food, drink and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. You can contact the airline directly for any claims in this regard.

So do Bott.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    EuClaim say it was delayed more than 3 hours are you putting in the correct date.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 10th Jul 17, 10:14 PM
    • 1,445 Posts
    • 976 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    EuClaim say it was delayed more than 3 hours are you putting in the correct date.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    Ooops. Right day/month, wrong year Sorry. I'd say less but I'd done it 3 times
    • spendingmad
    • By spendingmad 11th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 603 Thanks
    spendingmad
    Hi All. My DH was travelling from Manchester to Boston with Virgin with a connection in JFK. His Manchester to JFK flight arrived on time but his JFK to Boston flight was delayed over 3 hours. It was purchased as one ticket. Can he claim?
    • lchappell
    • By lchappell 11th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lchappell
    Hi Justice13075
    are you saying there is a chance for a claim then ?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 11th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    • 3,158 Posts
    • 885 Thanks
    JPears
    I think he is.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Yes. EuClaim say you are due €250 per passenger. Go to bottonline and put your flight details into their flight checker. If they come back also that you are due compensation which I think they will then you are due compensation. Google and download Vaubans guide on page 6 is a LETTER BEFORE ACTION. Fill it in and send it to Ryanair. All explained in the guide.

Good Luck.

Come back for more advice if you need it.
    • lchappell
    • By lchappell 11th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lchappell
    on it, thank you very much
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 11th Jul 17, 7:03 PM
    • 4,689 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    Vauban
    Hi All. My DH was travelling from Manchester to Boston with Virgin with a connection in JFK. His Manchester to JFK flight arrived on time but his JFK to Boston flight was delayed over 3 hours. It was purchased as one ticket. Can he claim?
    Originally posted by spendingmad
    Probably not. If no delay on EU leg of journey consensus seems to be no claim. But no harm in trying.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 12th Jul 17, 8:09 AM
    • 4,689 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    Vauban
    Interesting article on whether and how consumers can use a relatively new UK law to claim consequential losses from late or cancelled flights:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jul/10/ba-passengers-it-chaos-travel-insurance-compensation

This is in addition of course to any potential liability credit card providers might (might) have for consequential losses too.
    • sara_d
    • By sara_d 12th Jul 17, 11:17 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sara_d
    !!!!!! - thanks. Looks like they approved my payout just before they went into administration. Although they are still offering flights, I am guessing this makes little difference to my claim? Is it worth going down the legal route as it is about £1600 they owe.
    • ElainaMacarena
    • By ElainaMacarena 12th Jul 17, 12:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ElainaMacarena
    My son was 'delayed overnight' at Alicante on Monday but had a connecting flight to catch so I had no option but to re-book with another airline. Easyjet's first message said 'departure restrictions' and the next message said 'air traffic control restrictions'. Are we still entitled to claim? And can I claim the cost of the new flight booked at the last minute?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 12th Jul 17, 1:07 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    first put your son's flight details into bottonline and EuClaim to see what they say about compensation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,843Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin