Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 525
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 6th Jul 17, 10:20 AM
    • 10,583 Posts
    • 6,931 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Hi all.

I have received and email this morning informing me that a a flight I was due to fly on has been cancelled. I have read the guide and I'm still unsure.

Could anyone advise as to what I am entitled to please?

The flight was for August and is with Blue Air travelling within Europe.

Can I also get compensation?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Croon
    You should be offered an alternative flight or full refund
    No compensation as you have been given more than 14 days notice
    • gill5blue
    • By gill5blue 6th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    gill5blue
    Hi,
    Can anyone help?
    I flew to cancun on 19th June Thomson airway from Gatwick.
    The plane was replaced and it took 3 hours longer to get to cancun than if we had flew on the original plane. I have a piece of paper which apologises for the disruption and it also states that premium club members will receive a pro rata refund- I was not a premium club passenger.
    Am I due a payment of any kind?
    gill5blue
    January GC £ spent £ Jan

No 19 Womble £0.22
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 6th Jul 17, 1:11 PM
    • 1,245 Posts
    • 861 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    Hi,
    Can anyone help?
    I flew to cancun on 19th June Thomson airway from Gatwick.
    The plane was replaced and it took 3 hours longer to get to cancun than if we had flew on the original plane. I have a piece of paper which apologises for the disruption and it also states that premium club members will receive a pro rata refund- I was not a premium club passenger.
    Am I due a payment of any kind?
    gill5blue
    Originally posted by gill5blue
    It didn't take 3 hours longer because they'd changed the aircraft. It was still operated by a 787. The flight is scheduled to arrive at 14.05 and it actually arrived at 15.57.
    • gill5blue
    • By gill5blue 6th Jul 17, 2:02 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    gill5blue
    The captain said it was a lower techy plane and it will take 3 hours longer to get to cancun
    Gill5blue
    January GC £ spent £ Jan

No 19 Womble £0.22
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 6th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 10,583 Posts
    • 6,931 Thanks
    Caz3121
    The captain said it was a lower techy plane and it will take 3 hours longer to get to cancun
    Gill5blue
    Originally posted by gill5blue
    but in the end it took less than 2 hours longer
    • mknebel
    • By mknebel 6th Jul 17, 3:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mknebel
    My flight was premature.
    hello, first post here.
    Last weekend me and 13 friends went to Portugal for a few days break/drunk hen party, we flew back on the sunday or so we thought, all correspondents from the travel agent said the sunday but the flight they had actually booked for us was 24 before on the Saturday. The travel agent has admitted that this was their mistake, they offered us a flight home later that night at 9pm for free, but as most of us have children we said we couldn't wait that long (14hours ish) so we booked our own flight as they said we would be reimbursed. we waiting 4 hours for this other flight that got us to Leeds (not our preferred Manchester as we just wanted to get home). The travel agent has now said they will pay for our flight home and give us £25 compensation.
    Does this sound correct? the petrol money from Leeds to Manchester alone was more that that.
    any advise would be most appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Michael.
    #AmysADirtyHen
    • JPears
    • By JPears 6th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    JPears
    Clearly this would appear to be totally the agent to blame, and has nothing to do with the airline.
    Therefore regulation 261/2004 doesn't apply.
    Hindsight being a wonderful thing, it has often been advised on here, to allows check your booking directly with the airline, to avoid issues like this.

If your booking/contract states flight was the Sunday and agent had booked Saturday, then clearly they are in breach of contract and are responsible for ALL the costs you incurred, as long as you have proof of those expenses. And also request more in compensation for the considerable delay and inconvenience/distress. Perhaps start with what the EU considers reasonable under reg 261/2004 ie 250euros and negotiate?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • gill5blue
    • By gill5blue 6th Jul 17, 4:53 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    gill5blue
    but in the end it took less than 2 hours longer
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Ok, I see that, so what is the reason the premium club passengers are being refunded?
    Gill5blue
    January GC £ spent £ Jan

No 19 Womble £0.22
    • JPears
    • By JPears 6th Jul 17, 5:01 PM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    JPears
    It maybe part of the T&Cs /benefits for premium club tickets?

• Vauban
    • By Vauban 6th Jul 17, 6:43 PM
    • 4,606 Posts
    • 2,039 Thanks
    Vauban
    It maybe part of the T&Cs /benefits for premium club tickets?
    Originally posted by JPears
    I assume it's because premium club seats had facilities (such as seat width, pitch and legroom) that wasn't provided on the replacement plane.

Doesn't affect your claim in any way though - since as others have said you arrived less than three hours late.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 6th Jul 17, 7:09 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Justice13075
    MY wife said to me that we were going to make love for 3 hours I just missed going over 3 hours over by 2 hours and 58 mins, thereby missing out on compensation Damn it.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 6th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 4,606 Posts
    • 2,039 Thanks
    Vauban
    At least you weren't denied boarding ...
    • gill5blue
    • By gill5blue 7th Jul 17, 11:35 AM
    • 435 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    gill5blue
    I assume it's because premium club seats had facilities (such as seat width, pitch and legroom) that wasn't provided on the replacement plane.

Doesn't affect your claim in any way though - since as others have said you arrived less than three hours late.
    Originally posted by Vauban
    thankyou for taking the time to answer,
    gill5blue
    January GC £ spent £ Jan

No 19 Womble £0.22
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 7th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    Ganga
    MY wife said to me that we were going to make love for 3 hours I just missed going over 3 hours over by 2 hours and 58 mins, thereby missing out on compensation Damn it.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    So you missed going over 3 hours by 2hours 58 mins,so you only managed 2 mins! you do not deserve compensation but your wife does
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • chrisf46
    • By chrisf46 7th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    chrisf46
    Hi All, first post on here.

Quick question, regarding whether I would be entitled to request compensation.

On 27/06/2017, I was due to fly at 7:20pm with Thomson, from Tenerife south airport to London Gatwick. Upon arriving at the airport 5:20pm, we soon realised all hell had broken loose – A jet2 plane from Manchester had landed, burst tyres and had become immobilised on the runway, causing delays for the entire airport.

We eventually took off at midnight. Having read a few threads on here, am I right in thinking this is probably ‘extraordinary circumstances’ and therefore I’m not entitled to compensation? I mean technically it wasn’t Thomson’s fault?

Appreciate your thoughts.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 7th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Justice13075
    You have answered your own question
    • AlisonAA
    • By AlisonAA 8th Jul 17, 6:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AlisonAA
    Linside82 ASL update
    Hi, can you share the number you called for ASL?
    • SILHILLian
    • By SILHILLian 8th Jul 17, 8:21 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SILHILLian
    Hello, I flew with Ryanair stansted to venice and back, coming back 2nd june, when stansted got closed for bad weather. We diverted via Barcelona the next evening to get back. I put in my claim on the 5th June and nothing (it is 8th July). I have complained many times - all they have ever done is asked for my bank details, saying they were missing, but obviously they had them... they said seven days and it is over £200 as we had to get cab from hotel, train to pick up car as in wrong airport etc. They told me 7 days when making claim. How long do they take and can I now claim they are breaking any laws? (they treated us very badly - no food available for 12 hours, no-one told us why flight was cancelled and none of their staff available to rebook as they had gone home... queud for 3 hours until midnight and we were near the front of the queue!!!)
    • JPears
    • By JPears 8th Jul 17, 8:36 AM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    JPears
    If Stanstead was closed due to weather and directly affected your flight, you won't be due any compensation under regualtion 261/2004.
    And please repost in Ryanair thread.
    Thanks

• sara_d
    • By sara_d 9th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sara_d
    Hello - Hoping someone can help. Alitalia agreed to pay 400 Euros for 5 people for a delayed flight back in Oct 2012, however, after providing my bank account details to them around 2 months ago (via Resolver) I haven't heard anything from them. I have emailed, called and even tweeted but nothing! I have escalated to CAA and Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile but both have said they cannot help. Any ideas as to what I can do to speak to someone and have they money paid? Thanks in advance
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

782Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin