Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 521
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 9th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 993 Posts
    • 501 Thanks
    Tyzap
    No, it must be MT825.

Dep LAX 2/8/16 @ 2.19 UTC.
    Arr MAN 2/8/16 @ 11.55 UTC.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Psychonaut73
    • By Psychonaut73 9th Jun 17, 6:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Psychonaut73
    RyanAir: Malta to Edinburgh diverted to Prestwick - Anyone else here on that flight ?
    FR6696 Malta to Edinburgh
    08/06/17

Our Ryanair flight from Malta to Edinburgh was diverted to Prestwick 15 minutes before landing. Reason given by the crew was that the aircraft did not have the required equipment to land due to a lack of visibility.

We were offered buses to take us back to Edinburgh (although I opted to take a train knowing that it would be a quicker option). My train arrived in Edinburgh at 19:00, which was 3H 15M after our scheduled arrival - which is why I believe we may have a valid compensation claim.

However I'd like confirmation from anyone who was also on that flight that the buses provided also arrived at Edinburgh Airport at least after 18:45.

I also wonder whether a diversion due to the aircraft not having the necessary equipment to land in poor visibility would constitute an 'extraordinary circumstance' ? A cursory glance at Edinburgh Airport's online arrivals board showed that other aircraft were not diverted.

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Psychonaut73; 09-06-2017 at 6:21 PM. Reason: New information
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 9th Jun 17, 7:01 PM
    • 1,351 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    Great thanks...the flight was from lax to man on the 1st August 2016 flight number mt285.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Jacksper1
    As Tyzap says it was 825, and it wasn't delayed for even 3 hours.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Jun 17, 10:11 PM
    • 3,081 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    JPears
    FR6696 Malta to Edinburgh
    08/06/17

Our Ryanair flight from Malta to Edinburgh was diverted to Prestwick 15 minutes before landing. Reason given by the crew was that the aircraft did not have the required equipment to land due to a lack of visibility.

We were offered buses to take us back to Edinburgh (although I opted to take a train knowing that it would be a quicker option). My train arrived in Edinburgh at 19:00, which was 3H 15M after our scheduled arrival - which is why I believe we may have a valid compensation claim.

However I'd like confirmation from anyone who was also on that flight that the buses provided also arrived at Edinburgh Airport at least after 18:45.

I also wonder whether a diversion due to the aircraft not having the necessary equipment to land in poor visibility would constitute an 'extraordinary circumstance' ? A cursory glance at Edinburgh Airport's online arrivals board showed that other aircraft were not diverted.

Many thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Psychonaut73
    This would appear to be a weather related problem. So it is classed as an EC ie no compensation due. Unless the required equipment/instrumentation was faulty....
    This should be on Ryanair thread.
    Might be worth putting in an online claim company, such as Botts to check their opinion.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Jacksper1
    • By Jacksper1 10th Jun 17, 10:06 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jacksper1
    Flight number
    Sorry what an idiot the number is flight number is MT825....
    Thanks
    • Jacksper1
    • By Jacksper1 10th Jun 17, 10:08 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jacksper1
    Hi Alan I actually gave you the wrong flight number it is actually MT825.
    Thanks
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 10th Jun 17, 4:52 PM
    • 1,351 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    Sorry what an idiot the number is flight number is MT825....
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Jacksper1
    As my post above, your flight wasn't delayed long enough to claim compensation.
    • stevem999
    • By stevem999 13th Jun 17, 11:44 AM
    • 162 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    stevem999
    I've read Martin's flight delay guide thoroughly and can't find any mention of whether problems at an airport become the airline's fault or not? Today there are major problems at Manchester with huge delays checking in passengers and luggage. This is leading to knock-on delays abroad.

My parents flight from Palma to Manchester is now 5 hours late and Thomas Cook are putting it down to the Manchester problems (can see that as I guess the Palma flight is probably coming out of Manchester this morning), but how does this leave flight delay compensation. Does the airline inherit this problem and it becomes their fault and therefore compensation is payable?

If not, then what compensation could be claimed and from whom? There is still no firm time for their flight and the delay has increased from an initial 2 hours when they arrived at the airport to the 5 hours currently. Many thanks
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 13th Jun 17, 2:41 PM
    • 2,936 Posts
    • 1,479 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    It appears that the check in system at terminal 2 has failed and it is not just Thomas Cooks who are affected, Virgin, Cathay Pacific and Singapore are also forced to manually check in everyone. This is not an airline fault and EU261 will not apply.

There is no similar right to claim against the airport who suggest the problem arose whilst they updated the system overnight. Just remember Manchester came in as the third worst airport in the world in a survey published this morning and whilst I take all of these with a huge pinch of salt, I am not sure I disagree in this case.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 13th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Not necessarily, agreed if you were flying out of Manchester no compensation but his parents are in Palma which makes this a knock on effect. I suggest waiting till tomorrow and then entering your parents flight details into Bottonline or EuClaim to see what they say about being able to claim compensation.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 13th Jun 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1,351 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    It's not a T2 system that's failed. TCX fly out of T1. One of the airports check in systems that is shared by a few airlines failed after an issue with overnight maintenance. A couple of EMA flights were affected as well. TCX were the worst affected because they have more morning departures.

If that's the report that was on Sky then I'd need more than a pinch of salt for it lol. They say Ryanair and Monarch are worst for on time performances. Ryanair have a good on time record and Monarch was named by OAG as the world's most punctual low cost carrier of for 2016.
    • Tanyao
    • By Tanyao 13th Jun 17, 6:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tanyao
    Hi. My family were travelling from.glasgow to dublin for a funeral. They decided to fly the night before the funeral with aer lingus. The flight was delayed by 2 hours then cancelled. They were put up in a hotel for the night. The flight was re-scheduled for 9.30 am the next morning but was delayed by 2 hours again.
    They had to pay for the hotel.they booked to stay in in Dublin even though they didnt get to stay there.
    Do they get compensation for a cancelled flight, a delayed flight and or can they claim the money back for the hotel?
    They have contacted the airline a few times and were given the run around and as yet are still waiting on a reply but before they take it any further would like some advice on exactly what they can claim for?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated ☺
    Thanks
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 13th Jun 17, 6:27 PM
    • 3,633 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    111KAB
    Tanyao - valid delay claim - read Vauban's Guide (Google to find if necessary).
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 13th Jun 17, 6:33 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    €250 per passenger as long as it wasn't an extraordinary circumstance like weather or Air Traffic Control strike. But the hotel in Dublin you will have to claim on your travel insurance.
    • kandy2513
    • By kandy2513 14th Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kandy2513
    I was on a flight From Edinburgh to Zurich and return to Edinburgh when while waiting for the aircraft to board on the return journey one og the aircraft engines was damaged by a baggage truck. We were delayed more than three hours but the airline said it was not within their control and as such we were not entitled to compensation. Any thoughts please.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 14th Jun 17, 2:42 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Put your flight details into Bottonline or EuClaim and see what they say I am pretty sure they will say you are due compensation. If you are google and download Vaubans Guide and follow it to the letter.

What time should you have arrived in Edinburgh and what time did you actually arrive?
    Last edited by Justice13075; 14-06-2017 at 2:44 PM.
    • kandy2513
    • By kandy2513 14th Jun 17, 3:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kandy2513
    Flight delay claim
    Thank you for your speed reply.

I will dig out my travel and airline reply details and follow your advice.

Kind regards

John
    • symphony63
    • By symphony63 15th Jun 17, 12:41 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    symphony63
    Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for a judgement that infants (<2) are entitled to compensation.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    • 3,081 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    JPears
    Article 3, paragraph 3 of the regulation, see below in bold.
    This is the only stipulation/determination of a passenger in the regulation. So it matters not one jot the age of the passenger, or indeed if they had a seat, as long as they had a ticket/reservation and paid something towards, even if only a booking fee (which is common for "free child places"
    Legal judgement is not required here since its in the regulation.

Article 3
    Scope
    1. This Regulation shall apply:
    (a) to passengers departing from an airport located in the territory of a Member State to which the Treaty applies;
    (b) to passengers departing from an airport located in a third country to an airport situated in the territory of a Member State to which the Treaty applies, unless they received benefits or compensation and were given assistance in that third country, if the operating air carrier of the flight concerned is a Community carrier.
    2. Paragraph 1 shall apply on the condition that passengers:
    (a) have a confirmed reservation on the flight concerned and, except in the case of cancellation referred to in Article 5, present themselves for check-in,
    - as stipulated and at the time indicated in advance and in writing (including by electronic means) by the air carrier, the tour operator or an authorised travel agent,
    or, if no time is indicated,
    - not later than 45 minutes before the published departure time; or
    (b) have been transferred by an air carrier or tour operator from the flight for which they held a reservation to another flight, irrespective of the reason.
    3. This Regulation shall not apply to passengers travelling free of charge or at a reduced fare not available directly or indirectly to the public. However, it shall apply to passengers having tickets issued under a frequent flyer programme or other commercial programme by an air carrier or tour operator.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • big leon
    • By big leon 16th Jun 17, 9:41 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    big leon
    Hi All,
    Could someone check some flights for me please:

BA208 01/06/17 (scheduled for around 20:40).

I believe it landed in Heathrow at around 1pm (well doors opening at around that time) but BA are telling me 12pm. Would appreciate any help on this one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,790Posts Today

7,548Users online

Martin's Twitter