Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 517
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 4th May 17, 8:30 PM
    • 10,680 Posts
    • 6,976 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Which one are you looking at, the SEA one I am seeing is on a 787 3 x3x3
    Originally posted by photome
    I was looking at DL144 on the Delta website, LAS to SEA shows a 2-3 config and SEA-AMS 2-4-2
    • photome
    • By photome 4th May 17, 9:06 PM
    • 12,591 Posts
    • 8,077 Thanks
    photome
    I was looking at DL144 on the Delta website, LAS to SEA shows a 2-3 config and SEA-AMS 2-4-2
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Thanks again I had t seen that one on the KLM site, but it also has 4 hours in AMS.

I have asked for a reroute via DTW on DL2234 then the same config from DTW to AMS.

I did ask for a reroute via SEA after you posted leaving LAS at 1630 but that is the config I don't like

Thanks for your help
    • photome
    • By photome 4th May 17, 9:57 PM
    • 12,591 Posts
    • 8,077 Thanks
    photome
    Initially not good news as they are saying due to limited availability, they can't rebook me. Have sent than another message see what they come back with
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 5th May 17, 7:20 AM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 2,053 Thanks
    Vauban
    After reading this http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_CJE-13-18_en.htm I think you'd possibly be wasting your time Zorber claiming for EU compensation, your time could be better spent just claiming for the best possible that you've already researched on forums.
    Originally posted by richardw
    If you take the last sentence in isolation, it arguably supports the proposition that a delay on departure is not necessary in order to claim. But you'll see that in the full context of the paragraph the Folkerts judgement is still predicated on there being some delay on that first flight, which causes a connection to be missed.

My (very imperfect) understanding of the legal reason the OP's claim will likely fail in court (and why the CAA and leading NWNF lawyers would say he doesn't have a case) is because of the legal definition of a "flight" - which is not the same as a "journey". If the entirety of the delay occurs outside of the EU, and on a non-European carrier, then the EU leg of the (first) is never liable for compensation - since it is neither cancelled, denying boarding nor delayed.

There are two joined cases coming to the Court of Appeal (in July, I think) which are testing "connecting flight" delay issues, but both are predicated on there being some kind of delay affecting the first (EU Regulations covered) flight. That's not a coincidence. Sorry to be blunt, but I really do think this claim would be hopeless - but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong!
    Last edited by Vauban; 05-05-2017 at 7:25 AM.
    • Halo99
    • By Halo99 13th May 17, 8:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Halo99
    Airport ran out of fuel
    This week I was caught up on the chaos when Lisbon airport ran out of fuel / had a fueling issue.

Ryanair offered no updates, the website and app still said it was on time. After 3hrs past the departure time they stlll wouldn't say if the flight was delayed or cancelled and therefore could not offer overnight accommodation. I eventually gave up and booked myself a hotel and Ryanair allowed me to move my reservation to the same flight the next day. I think the flight was actually cancelled around 11:30 that night.

I've put a claim in for hotel and expenses but does anyone know if this would be eligable for EU flight delay compensation?
    • Billy Bonkers
    • By Billy Bonkers 13th May 17, 10:26 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Billy Bonkers
    Unlike some here I am no expert, but I think that would certainly fall under extraordinary circumstances beyond the airline's control.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 13th May 17, 12:35 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Put your flight details into Bottonline or EuClaim they will tell you if they think you have a case.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 13th May 17, 4:50 PM
    • 3,617 Posts
    • 1,473 Thanks
    111KAB
    Another court ruling ....

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2027124&c=setreg&region=2
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 13th May 17, 6:44 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    A very sensible and fair decision.
    • peadar
    • By peadar 14th May 17, 1:23 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    peadar
    I've just had an EasyJet flight cancelled, but they have given me seats on a slightly earlier flight.

So there will be no delay, even though the flight was cancelled.

Are we still entitled to compensation?
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 14th May 17, 1:45 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 2,053 Thanks
    Vauban
    I've just had an EasyJet flight cancelled, but they have given me seats on a slightly earlier flight.

So there will be no delay, even though the flight was cancelled.

Are we still entitled to compensation?
    Originally posted by peadar
    Depends on how much earlier your flight arrives, and when you were notified in relation to when you are due to fly. But if we are notified more than a fortnight beforehand, or the revised departure time is less than an hour before the original departure, then no compensation due.
    • peadar
    • By peadar 14th May 17, 4:09 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    peadar
    Ah ok thanks.

It was one month in advance, departing 1 hour 25 minutes earlier.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 14th May 17, 4:13 PM
    • 10,680 Posts
    • 6,976 Thanks
    Caz3121
    It was one month in advance
    Originally posted by peadar
    compensation does not apply then...you should be given the option to an alternative flight or a full refund
    • 888nikki888
    • By 888nikki888 15th May 17, 10:59 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    888nikki888
    Hi all, is there a company that can help in claiming flight delay compensation if it's been more than 6 years? The flight was delayed for 8 hrs upon return from Salou to Glasgow and the details of the delay (flight number etc) are on the flight delay website. Just wondered if there is a company that could help? It was back in 2008. Any info would be appreciated. TIA
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 15th May 17, 11:04 AM
    • 953 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Justice13075
    In a word No. 6 years in England and Wales 5 years in Scotland.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 15th May 17, 11:36 AM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    888nikki888 has started their own thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5649991
    • Sam_Butler
    • By Sam_Butler 18th May 17, 4:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sam_Butler
    Aeromexico
    I recently sent a compensation letter relating to a cancellation, to Aeromexico. Our flight was cancelled on the same day as our flight from Heathrow to Mexico in December when there had been severe fog, so it's possible the cancellation qualifies for the 'extraordinary circumstances' defence, however I pressed ahead with it as they have also been deficient in various other areas, and the additional stay cost us in excess of £200, which I have requested back under Article 9.

I sent everything to the address I located for them in the UK, and it came back 'addressee gone away'. I called and they gave me an email address, so I emailed asking if they have an alternative address, or how else they'd like me to proceed. They asked me to give the detail by email, which I duly did, and they replied saying it wasn't the airline's fault and they don't have to pay any compensation or additional expenses, "have a nice day".

I have replied informing them that if they continue to shirk their responsibility, I will escalate this to the CAA with a view to taking them to court. I've said I'm giving them a chance to address this internally before I do so. It's entirely possible I won't get compensation due to the fog, and I've asked them for some more information including whether it was the inbound flight that couldn't land, or if the outbound flight was grounded at Heathrow. But I've also told them that what bothers me is their blatant disregard for the law, failing as they did to comply with several Articles of the Regulation, including when they cancelled their first rebooking via CDG and told us (over the phone sadly, so no written record) that they would not provide the first leg from London to Paris. This was also in two days' time and they made no effort to explain our rights and told us there was nothing they could/would do. The guy was immensely rude actually, really riled me up during our hour-long phonecall in which I repeatedly asked him what *could* be done, and he just verbally shrugged.

So now we wait to see, there were three of us and the flight was LHR-MEX so compensation would be €1,800 in addition to the more than £200 of rather reasonable expenses, but I can't help thinking (and I did point this out) that if we do go to court, their failings under the Regulation are going to get them in a lot more trouble than a couple of grand. And if they keep denying responsibility, I'll make sure of it.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 18th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Put your flight details into bottonline and EuClaim they will tell you if they think you have a chance of compensation. By the way don't bother with the CAA it is just wasted time they are toothless tigers If you have a claim google and download Vaubans guide and follow the advice.
    Last edited by Justice13075; 18-05-2017 at 6:31 PM.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 18th May 17, 10:09 PM
    • 907 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Sam,

If you post your flight details, dates etc, we can have a dig around and see what we come up with.

It sounds like you have a valid case under the duty of care regs regardless of fog or not.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • _pistachio_
    • By _pistachio_ 20th May 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    _pistachio_
    BA refusal on strange grounds
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

"As previously mentioned, we’ve refused your claim because our records show you and your travel companion didn’t travel on our delayed flight, BA2202 on 26 January 2013."

Needless to say, we were on the flight. Not sure how we're supposed to prove it, though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,088Posts Today

8,127Users online

Martin's Twitter