Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 515
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 19th Apr 17, 5:38 AM
    • 10,810 Posts
    • 7,043 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I was delayed for 5 hours on a BA flight to Miami because someone dented the aircraft with walkway
    BA say I don't have a claim as it was extraordinary circumstances out with their control
    I said it was negligence and they should pay compensation
    Who's right please
    Originally posted by Scottf
    It depends on who did the "denting" and whether they were contracted by BA or unconnected.
    Put your flight details through EUClaim and bottonline and see whether they believe there is a claim or not
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 19th Apr 17, 6:50 AM
    • 3,637 Posts
    • 1,478 Thanks
    111KAB
    I was delayed for 5 hours on a BA flight to Miami because someone dented the aircraft with walkway
    BA say I don't have a claim as it was extraordinary circumstances out with their control
    Originally posted by Scottf

Please post on dedicated BA thread in the future.

BA are talking a load of nonsense. BA are trying to pass their problem onto you. Your delay problem was their problem end of and they should compensate. A delay over 4 hours (in your case) means you are due €600 for each passenger.

If they want to seek recompense from the responsible party (to them) then it is for BA to sort.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 19th Apr 17, 9:06 AM
    • 4,687 Posts
    • 2,076 Thanks
    Vauban
    Scott: see the following

http://www.euclaim.co.uk/blog/airlines-must-pay-flight-delay-compensation-if-mobile-boarding-stairs-collide-with-aircraft-and-cause-hold-ups-says-the-european-court-of-justice
    • Gleem
    • By Gleem 19th Apr 17, 3:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gleem
    Hi,

I flew with easyjet from Gatwick to Amsterdam on the 4th of April, and had a three and a half hour delay due to at first, smoke detection in the cabin and then ade-icing problem (which on multiple occasions the customer service have told me I'm due the compensation for the flight.)

However, when I put the compensation form through I recieved an email telling me I was a no-show for my flight. After many phone calls I got some joy and was told I had been on the flight, but on the passenger list I was put down as having been offloaded! I flew back from Amsterdam two days later and that has been confirmed by the company.

Is there any way I can get in touch with somebody at the airport to confirm I flew? and was not offloaded, as easyjet have now told me they are "re-escalating the case" I feel like they are putting off paying me unnecessarily and would like to speak to the airport myself, because if I'm shown as being offloaded somewhere the airport security systems arnt doing their job correctly!

I'm fed up with speaking to easyjet and would like to try and sort this myself
    • DrA_Harrogate
    • By DrA_Harrogate 21st Apr 17, 10:35 AM
    • 253 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    DrA_Harrogate
    Did you fly?
    I think what you need is some sort of proof you flew, such as an hotel receipt or so forth. Contact the airline saying you have proof (don't tell them what it is) and then follow Vauban's Guide if needed.
    • DrA_Harrogate
    • By DrA_Harrogate 21st Apr 17, 10:40 AM
    • 253 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    DrA_Harrogate
    The Mail triumphs?
    I see the Mail is claiming credit for obtaining 'Compensation' for Jo Wood's unhappy delay. As members will see they have done nothing of the sort!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4430830/EasyJet-pay-kicking-Jo-Wood-overbooked-flight.htmlhttp://
    • richardw
    • By richardw 21st Apr 17, 11:17 AM
    • 18,196 Posts
    • 7,490 Thanks
    richardw
    Interesting that easyJet paid up for Jo's re-routing on ryanair, they probably wouldn't have re-routed her on ryanair at the airport.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • DavesDevil
    • By DavesDevil 26th Apr 17, 3:18 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    DavesDevil
    Thomson
    Please forgive me as I have tried to find Vaubans Guide but I can't. I was hoping it may answer my question.

Myself and my 1yr old were delayed 21hours on a Thomson flight last year from Spain to Manchester. I have tried to claim form Thomson but have been turned down as the plane was hit by lightening on the previous flight and was therefore delayed. Is it worth trying to appeal?

Many thanks in advance DD
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 26th Apr 17, 4:34 PM
    • 995 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Knock on effect you are due compensation. Just type into google Vaubans Guide. I can assure you it is there
    • Lilibeticus
    • By Lilibeticus 26th Apr 17, 6:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lilibeticus
    Iberia not paying out
    Iberia refused to pay out for a four hour delay on the second sector of our flight from LHR to Panama (the second sector, Madrid to Panama)
    I appealed to the Spanish regulator who found in my favour. They contacted Iberia to direct them to pay, and I emailed Iberia with the result, asking for the compensation too. They did not respond. The regulator then wrote to them again, and I sent a letter by registered post, asking for the compensation and saying that I would give them until the end of February, before I considered legal action.

Again, there's been no response. As Iberia have an office in the UK (and my ticket started in the UK) can I claim in the small claims court here? And would it be best for me to first get a solicitors letter sent, to see if that would be enough to get a response?
    Originally posted by sclare
    How are you getting on with this? I am in exactly the same boat (plane?) as you. Our correspondence with the regulator AESA is closed, and Iberia say they are dealing with AESA so what do we do now? I would be interested to know if you have followed your claim up...
    • DailyClicker
    • By DailyClicker 27th Apr 17, 3:21 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    DailyClicker
    Flybe - weather earlier that day
    Hi,

I'd be grateful if someone could let me know where I stand with this case :

The inbound (previous) flight from Dublin to Southampton (BE384) was cancelled, meaning there was no aircraft available for my flight so it was cancelled, and I had to fly the following day.

Some flights were able to depart from Southampton at a similar time to my original flight time as the weather had improved.

-----------------------

Flybe replied :

I can confirm flight BE385 was cancelled due to adverse weather conditions in Southampton, specifically strong gusts of wind and rainy periods earlier in the morning. This is classed as an extraordinary circumstance and is therefore out of Flybe's control.

-----------------------

What would you advise doing next? Thanks
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 27th Apr 17, 3:31 PM
    • 3,637 Posts
    • 1,478 Thanks
    111KAB

What would you advise doing next? Thanks
    Originally posted by DailyClicker

Read Vauban's Guide and future questions on the Flybe thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384703
    • zorber
    • By zorber 30th Apr 17, 11:00 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    zorber
    This is complex so bare with me!!
    Background
    Booked flights from omegaflight store, these with with virgin with one stop.
    both the outbound flight from heathrow to Atlanta and Atlanta to orlando ended up being flown by Delta

We were going fine until we reached Atlanta where our connecting flight was first delayed then cancelled. The plane was there apparently but no crew.
    I have read else where on the internet, that as the flight was one ticket through to orlando then this counts for EU rules.

The question i have is who do i complain to Virgin or Delta.?

I was made aware i could get a refund of the flight not taken and i have already put a request in for that. Would this be separate to the compensation claim?

Some people on here will say i dont have a claim as its not an eu carrier and the cancellation was in atlanta, however with how Delta airlines melted down, the amount of money that could be available, other forums saying i do have a claim and when i put my flight details into euclaim claim they also indicate i have a case.

But who do i claim from ?
    Last edited by zorber; 30-04-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 30th Apr 17, 11:20 PM
    • 995 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Justice13075
    If you have a claim it is the the airline you flew with so Delta
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 30th Apr 17, 11:51 PM
    • 4,687 Posts
    • 2,076 Thanks
    Vauban
    This is complex so bare with me!!
    Background
    Booked flights from omegaflight store, these with with virgin with one stop.
    both the outbound flight from heathrow to Atlanta and Atlanta to orlando ended up being flown by Delta

We were going fine until we reached Atlanta where our connecting flight was first delayed then cancelled. The plane was there apparently but no crew.
    I have read else where on the internet, that as the flight was one ticket through to orlando then this counts for EU rules.

The question i have is who do i complain to Virgin or Delta.?

I was made aware i could get a refund of the flight not taken and i have already put a request in for that. Would this be separate to the compensation claim?

Some people on here will say i dont have a claim as its not an eu carrier and the cancellation was in atlanta, however with how Delta airlines melted down, the amount of money that could be available, other forums saying i do have a claim and when i put my flight details into euclaim claim they also indicate i have a case.

But who do i claim from ?
    Originally posted by zorber
    Most likely no claim under the EU Regulations, if there was no delay on the qualifying leg (EU airport to Atlanta).
    • zorber
    • By zorber 1st May 17, 12:01 AM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    zorber
    Most likely no claim under the EU Regulations, if there was no delay on the qualifying leg (EU airport to Atlanta).
    Originally posted by Vauban
    Well maybe but as other websites say as its on one ticket i may well have a claim i think its worth pursuing

http://travelsort.com/blog/is-eu-compensation-owed-when-the-us-connecting-flight-is-delayed

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_CJE-13-18_en.htm

i certainly feel i have a complaint based on this evidence
    Last edited by zorber; 01-05-2017 at 12:16 AM.
    • zorber
    • By zorber 1st May 17, 12:08 AM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    zorber
    Hi all,

We flew to Orlando recently via New York. The flight from new York was delayed around 3 hours. We only found out through the flight information boards.
    Wondering if this warrants a claim?

Also we booked the flight with virgin but ended up flying with delta, not sure who we would claim from?

Thanks
    Bukes
    Originally posted by Bukes30

http://travelsort.com/blog/is-eu-compensation-owed-when-the-us-connecting-flight-is-delayed

what do you have to lose. Try a claim

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_CJE-13-18_en.htm
    Last edited by zorber; 01-05-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    • GrahamW
    • By GrahamW 1st May 17, 12:08 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    GrahamW
    As Flightstats now charge for history of flights, I found flightaware.com and that goes back 4 months free.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 1st May 17, 5:30 AM
    • 10,810 Posts
    • 7,043 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Originally posted by zorber
    how did you get from Atlanta to Orlando if you did not use the ticket for that leg? Did Delta not transfer you to another flight or did you have to buy a ticket on another airline?
    • richardw
    • By richardw 1st May 17, 9:07 AM
    • 18,196 Posts
    • 7,490 Thanks
    richardw
    Zorber, Delta will say no and then no again and again, what are you prepared to do to get them to pay up?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,136Posts Today

8,240Users online

Martin's Twitter